Search This thread

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
my OEM unlock option was disabled :c

help?

android 8.1

Same here . It is not even flashed by ost tool after updating 8.1 oreo
Was either of you bootloader unlocked prior to upgrading to 8.1??
If you were you should still be unlocked regardless of OEM unlock option.
My device shows orange state on 8.1 with TWRP installed but still boots fine and the OEM unlock option is greyed out for me too but that can be fixed with a simple setprop ro.oem.unlock=1 (I if I remember correctly :confused: )

*Unlocking bootloader will remove all your data!*

I'm using Windows 7, and that's the steps i did. (it should be simmilar for other systems too)

Getting code:

Code will look simmilar to this: DB1ED223C5537BA756FB0671E425D650

Method 1 (no root):
Go to
https://passwordsgenerator.net/md5-hash-generator/ copy paste serial number and click generate. Then you should see code in "MD5 Hash of your string". You can also go to simmilar md5 hash generator sites, but this site automatically converts small letters to big letters.

Method 2 (root):
Okay, this is new method that is much easier and you don't need to send IMEI and wait for @the_laser to give you code. Go to terminal emulator, type su and execute it. Then type this and execute it:

Unlocking bootloader:

Download platform-tools which activates adb and fastboot commands (first you need Nokia 3 driver installed if you didn't)

Nokia 3 driver: http://www.devfiles.co/download/3iK0k7Sv/Nokia_3_USB_Drivers.zip

platform-tools Windows: http://www.devfiles.co/download/KtLsN6fX/platform-tools-latest-windows.zip

platform-tools Mac: http://www.devfiles.co/download/OkrfluP0/platform-tools-latest-darwin.zip

platform-tools Linux: http://www.devfiles.co/download/vk5DudZX/platform-tools-latest-linux.zip

Enable usb debugging in Developer options before running adb. To get Developer options, go to settings, about phone and press build number 7 times. Also enable OEM unlock.

Now Connect phone to computer via usb and enable usb file transfer, run cmd as administrator, then type this command which runs adb:

chdir C:/Users/John/Desktop/platform-tools (this is just a example, you need to type your own location of platform-tools)

then type this command to check is your device connected to adb, it will show serial number of your device, if it hangs at waiting device, then you need to reinstall drivers (if you're doing this first time, then it will ask to allow usb debugging on your computer, just tick always allow from this computer and click OK)

adb devices

then type this command to reboot to recovery (you can boot to recovery by holding power on + volume up (only with usb connected) if this command doesn't works)

adb reboot recovery

when booted to recovery, choose reboot to bootloader option with volume sliders (this will boot to fastboot)

when booted to fastboot, it will show text 'FASTBOOT MODE' in down-left corner
now type this command to check is your device connected properly to fastboot.

fastboot devices

if it show characters like 0123456789ABCDEF or simmilar then it is connected properly, if it hangs on waiting device, then you need to reinstall drivers like mentioned above.

Android Nougat:

Now type these commands to unlock bootloader

fastboot.exe -i 0x2e04 oem key (type your key after oem key)

fastboot.exe -i 0x2e04 oem unlock
then press volume up, when asked

Android Oreo:

fastboot oem dm-verity <your_unlock_key>

fastboot flash lk NE1-0-215H.lk.bin

fastboot reboot-bootloader

Proceed your unlock procedure.

If you have problem on flashing the lk partition, you can use MTK Smart Phone Flash Tool to flash lk partition manually.
After lk partition flashed, you may encounter "Red State" when booting the phone. Ignore that and boot your phone to Fastboot mode directly with OST LA.

That is it, i tried to explain for you to understand everything i did to unlock bootloader.

Credits:
@the_laser for codes, some additional steps and corrections. Also thanks for new method. @redweaver for new method. @Hikari_kalyx for Android Oreo method.

You didn't mentioned where do we get NE1-0-215H.lk.bin.

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
Sorry mate. Just bricked my device with SPTool... It just vibrates...then stalls then again vibrates.. Any fixes for this?
Bricked is a strong word.
Where did you get to ?
Did it start the flash?
Need some detail to help mate :rolleyes:

EDIT:
I recall having something similar once so I loaded the recovery.img and boot.img (firmware stock 7.0 at the time) hit download. While the phone was looping SPFlashTool will catch it and stop the loop then flash them.

Which model is your's TA-10XX

Last edited:
Did you manage to do the bootloader unlock procedure then??
If you did it doesn't matter your bootloader will remain unlocked.
No. I have OEM unlocking option greyed out. I managed to downgrade to 7.1 with SP tool but the phone wont start until you update to latest version from the Android setup....

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Did you manage to do the bootloader unlock procedure then??
If you did it doesn't matter your bootloader will remain unlocked.
I just want to have Android nougat.. that's all.

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
No. I have OEM unlocking option greyed out. I managed to downgrade to 7.1 with SP tool but the phone wont start until you update to latest version from the Android setup....

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

I just want to have Android nougat.. that's all.

Maybe you should try give some detail. :(
You have not said what your variant is TA-10XX since your in the US that maybe important.
What version of 7.1 did you flash and where did you get.
What parts of the 7.1 got flashed
I can't read your mind and every situation is different so until I have a clear picture of where you are at I cannot advise you so for now I have no idea's as I have never had these issues you describe. .

Maybe you should try give some detail. :(
You have not said what your variant is TA-10XX since your in the US that maybe important.
What version of 7.1 did you flash and where did you get.
What parts of the 7.1 got flashed
I can't read your mind and every situation is different so until I have a clear picture of where you are at I cannot advise you so for now I have no idea's as I have never had these issues you describe. .

Ok. So i'm not currently in US . The phone is an european model TA-1032 DS ( bought from Romania sim Free) . I flashed full firmware Nokia3_MT6737M_Heart_FIH_7.1.1 with SP Flash tool. An when i want to Setup the device..it tells me that i need to connect to Wireless to continue.

69qa7r.jpg

Last edited:

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
OK now it makes sense.
That is frp at work google needs you to connect to wifi or data to check your account the frp stores your unique id and forces you to sign in with those details.
It's incase someone stole the phone and did a factory reset it still needs your account to activate it.
Google "frp reset" to get rid of it if you want and that may allow you to bypass the forced update.
If your good with spflashtool and can read your scatter values (start and length of frp) you can wipe the frp by the format option but make sure your 110% happy or you may well brick it.

Last edited:

djxpro

Jun 14, 2014
Nokia 3
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
I can not unlock the bootloader (oem unlock is gray, and fastboot devices command no list my device), and I can not force the flash to nougat for that.

What is the quick route to suicide? I hate not being able to root my phone and install a simple audio mod

SkaboXD

Jan 18, 2017
Ganja
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I can not unlock the bootloader (oem unlock is gray, and fastboot devices command no list my device), and I can not force the flash to nougat for that.

What is the quick route to suicide? I hate not being able to root my phone and install a simple audio mod

roll back to android 7.1.1, 7.0 that's the only way.
And audio mods will not help this device, it has a crappy bult in DAC, my old Nokia phone from 2012 has better audio quality.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *Unlocking bootloader will remove all your data!*

I'm using Windows 7, and that's the steps i did. (it should be simmilar for other systems too)

Getting code:

Code will look simmilar to this: DB1ED223C5537BA756FB0671E425D650

Method 1 (no root):
    Go to
    https://passwordsgenerator.net/md5-hash-generator/ copy paste serial number and click generate. Then you should see code in "MD5 Hash of your string". You can also go to simmilar md5 hash generator sites, but this site automatically converts small letters to big letters.

Method 2 (root):
    Okay, this is new method that is much easier and you don't need to send IMEI and wait for @the_laser to give you code. Go to terminal emulator, type su and execute it. Then type this and execute it:
    Actually the command is
    echo -n NE1GAM4770133666 |md5sum |tr [:lower:] [:upper:]

If you don't use the -n flag, the newline character is also passed and you get a different result

Unlocking bootloader:

Download platform-tools which activates adb and fastboot commands (first you need Nokia 3 driver installed if you didn't)

Nokia 3 driver: http://www.devfiles.co/download/3iK0k7Sv/Nokia_3_USB_Drivers.zip

platform-tools Windows: http://www.devfiles.co/download/KtLsN6fX/platform-tools-latest-windows.zip

platform-tools Mac: http://www.devfiles.co/download/OkrfluP0/platform-tools-latest-darwin.zip

platform-tools Linux: http://www.devfiles.co/download/vk5DudZX/platform-tools-latest-linux.zip

Enable usb debugging in Developer options before running adb. To get Developer options, go to settings, about phone and press build number 7 times. Also enable OEM unlock.

Now Connect phone to computer via usb and enable usb file transfer, run cmd as administrator, then type this command which runs adb:

chdir C:/Users/John/Desktop/platform-tools (this is just a example, you need to type your own location of platform-tools)

then type this command to check is your device connected to adb, it will show serial number of your device, if it hangs at waiting device, then you need to reinstall drivers (if you're doing this first time, then it will ask to allow usb debugging on your computer, just tick always allow from this computer and click OK)

adb devices

then type this command to reboot to recovery (you can boot to recovery by holding power on + volume up (only with usb connected) if this command doesn't works)

adb reboot recovery

when booted to recovery, choose reboot to bootloader option with volume sliders (this will boot to fastboot)

when booted to fastboot, it will show text 'FASTBOOT MODE' in down-left corner
    now type this command to check is your device connected properly to fastboot.

fastboot devices

if it show characters like 0123456789ABCDEF or simmilar then it is connected properly, if it hangs on waiting device, then you need to reinstall drivers like mentioned above.

Android Nougat (7.0 & 7.1.1):

fastboot.exe -i 0x2e04 oem key (type your key after oem key)

fastboot.exe -i 0x2e04 oem unlock
    then press volume up, when asked

Android Oreo (8.0 & 8.1):

First download NE1-0-215H.lk.bin:

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZaLMs7ZclQ2wvKwSb0ofUraMmrsiHh6uk1X

fastboot oem dm-verity <your_unlock_key>

fastboot flash lk NE1-0-215H.lk.bin

fastboot reboot-bootloader

Proceed your unlock procedure.

If you have problem on flashing the lk partition, you can use MTK Smart Phone Flash Tool to flash lk partition manually.
    After lk partition flashed, you may encounter "Red State" when booting the phone. Ignore that and boot your phone to Fastboot mode directly with OST LA.

That is it, i tried to explain for you to understand everything i did to unlock bootloader.

Credits:
    @the_laser for codes, some additional steps and corrections. Also thanks for new method. @redweaver for new method.
    @Hikari_kalyx for Android Oreo method. @bigrammy for NE1-0-215H.lk.bin link.
    D
    Deleted member 3665957
    way to enter recovery without adb -

power off phone
    press and hold volume up + power on buttons, insert cable immediately
    countdown will start on phone, hold both keys until countdown ends, then IMMEDIATELY release power on key, still holding volume up
    you will enter recovery shortly

after installing TWRP it is very important - DO NOT allow /system modification until supersu package installation ! ( or you will require reflashing phone with OST )
    another note - can't enter recovery by combination volume-up + power button, if phone not connected to computer

one man reported, that even he successfully flashed TWRP image with "fastboot flash recovery <twrp image>", he still got original recovery.
    workaround is to use "fastboot boot <twrp image>" - as we need to have USB cable connected to enter TWRP recovery anyway, not big problem.
    no, that's weird idk what's the reason. Can you try fastboot commands like fastboot boot recovery img ti see does it works?

Ok I tried it. Funny enough I didn't enable oem unlocking. fastboot boot twrp.img did not give any error. However it did not boot into recovery either, I don't know if it has to do with Oreo or with OST. However when I tried fastboot flash recovery twrp.img,it flashed successfully and I was able to boot into twrp so I guess it works after a fashion at least for phones that previously have unlocked their bootloaders. Of course it still needs testing to confirm if it works for all devices and android 7.x - especially those that have never been unlocked before.
    The truth is that most times we use OST to recover our phones, so people rarely stop at "Edit phone information"
    D
    Deleted member 3665957
    add to to post:

to get your unlock code, you need to calculate md5 from product id string and make resulting md5 string uppercase

example :
    echo NE1GAM4770133666 |md5sum |tr [:lower:] [:upper:]

9A5AB9F229781302B057443EBE48FE44

it is meaningless now as HMD implemented official bootloader unlock via nonce online signature authentication

ps.
    im anyone worried why i'm asked for IMEIs as well, do not worry - just wanted to obfuscate required data ;) and all your IMEIs are not sent or written anywhere.
    D
    Deleted member 3665957
    SkaboXD said:
    Someone told me that if you flashed twrp, that it automatically removes data encryption. Is that true?

EDIT: i find out that is not true, it asks for some password to decrypt data, but the problem is that idk what is the password

TWRP can't handle Android 7.x default disk encryption, just press "cancel" and we need to use sdcard as storage for backups and packages because of this