[GUIDE] How to Unlock Bootloader ZC554KL (DO WITH YOUR OWN RISK!)

aaaaaaziskurnia

Nov 16, 2012
Ciamis
github.com
I realize that our device have the source code on Asus website and the unlock tool haven't been released by Asus. That's maybe a chance for unlocking bootloader and play guessing that our device is just using similarly same method with nexus or other legacy bootloader locking mechanism. Thanks, and blame Asus for that! But, I could stop thinking and doing this and (BAM!) the bootloader unlocked and I'm able to boot patched boot.img with Magisk Manager app.

READ THIS FIRST!
Before you all do this, it's recommended to do factory reset before unlocking bootloader because our device is using force encryption by default. If you didn't reset your device, you will get locked from the start and cannot doing anything even you type password or pin correctly.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
1. Reboot to Bootloader by pressing power + vol up
2. Type fastboot command below:
echo > key.txt
fastboot oem get_unlock_key key.txt
fastboot reboot-bootloader
3. Enjoy the freedom of Android experience with annoying verifiedboot caution on the start ( Blame Google for that) but it's not a big problem.

To relock bootloader type this in fastboot (Thanks to @shakalaca for telling that in this thread)

echo > key.txt
fastboot oem reset_unlock_key key.txt
fastboot erase config
fastboot flashing lock
REMEMBER! DO WITH YOUR OWN RISK! I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR DEVICE AND YOUR LIFE FOR DOING THIS! GOOD LUCK!

PS: I dont have any device to take a shot from my device because this Zenfone was my only device that I have.

To do list:
- Get rid of the caution at startup that reminds our bootloader state

NOTE: This method works only for version below 215. If you're updated to latest firmware. It won't work since Asus update the bootloader. And the bootloader just temporarily unlocked with this method. If device restarted, the bootloader get locked automatically

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2017
Не работает

Here's what happens:

C:\adb>fastboot oem get_unlock_key
(bootloader) @!
OKAY [ 0.004s]
finished. total time: 0.005s

C:\adb>fastboot oem unlock-go
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.004s

Last edited:
Reactions: asalvi0
Sep 30, 2017
i realize that our device have the source code on asus website and the unlock tool haven't been released by asus. That's maybe a chance for unlocking bootloader and play guessing that our device is just using similarly same method with nexus or other legacy bootloader locking mechanism. Thanks, and blame asus for that! But, i could stop thinking and doing this and (bam!) the bootloader unlocked and i'm able to boot patched boot.img with magisk manager app.

Read this first!
Before you all do this, it's recommended to do factory reset before unlocking bootloader because our device is using force encryption by default. If you didn't reset your device, you will get locked from the start and cannot doing anything even you type password or pin correctly.

Please read carefully!
1. Reboot to bootloader by pressing power + vol up
2. Type fastboot command "fastboot oem get_unlock_key" then press enter key
3. After that type "fastboot oem unlock-go"then hit enter again
4. Check the bootloader status by rebooting to bootloader back using command "fastboot reboot-bootloader"
5. Enjoy the freedom of android experience with annoying verifiedboot caution on the start ( blame google for that) but it's not a big problem.

Remember! Do with your own risk! I'm not responsible for what happens to your device and your life for doing this! Good luck!

Ps: I dont have any device to take a shot from my device because this zenfone was my only device that i have.

To do list:
- find a hack to relock again the bootloader
- get rid of the caution at startup that reminds our bootloader state
you have 2/16 or 3/32 ???

Last edited:

shakalaca

Jun 5, 2009
Taipei
23pin.logdown.com
Phone should be unlocked once you've done "fastboot oem get_unlock_key" , you can then verify after "fastboot reboot-bootloader" with on-screen-message.

To lock the phone again:
Code:
echo > key.txt
fastboot erase config
fastboot flashing lock
It works on my TW sku .. :)

Sep 30, 2017
Phone should be unlocked once you've done "fastboot oem get_unlock_key" , you can then verify after "fastboot reboot-bootloader" with on-screen-message.

To lock the phone again:
Code:
echo > key.txt
fastboot erase config
fastboot flashing lock
It works on my TW sku .. :)
thanks a lot, very useful information

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

On our device there is TWRP?

Last edited:

aaaaaaziskurnia

Nov 16, 2012
Ciamis
github.com

To lock the phone again:

thanks a lot, very useful information

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

On our device there is TWRP?

Just wait for TWRP. I've got built TWRP but still messed up. Stil investigating.

aaaaaaziskurnia

Nov 16, 2012
Ciamis
github.com
If someone is interested in building TWRP here's the source: https://github.com/shakalaca/android_device_asus_X00I

I've already built one https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673791459329051335

And currently I don't have the phone on my hand so feel tree to fork/build/test/fix/release TWRP .. :)
I'm already have a device tree written two weeks ago.

https://github.cm/aaaaaaziskurnia/twrp_device_asus_X00ID

But messed up many times so I freshly uploads all the device tree.

I'm still new but I can sure that I'm fast learner. Should we collab?