• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] How to unlock the bootloader for Nokia 2.2

Search This thread

sasan50cent

May 27, 2011
Esfahan
No, vbmeta is just to disable verification so you can flash unsigned images (i.e. custom roms if they ever become available, GSI's, etc)

No, the partition restore does that (from the guide). The guide used the mtk easy su app to gain temporary root to be able to do that but since you will be flashing Magisk to your boot partition first you will already have permanent root, so you can follow the last part (Step 7) of the guide where you copy over the IMEI files to phone, send the commands and perform a factory reset.
i do not copied those 7 files after flashing unlocked firmware again, and immediately updated to android 11 using the phone itself, now it shows my imei, even without restoring those 7 files.

TheBeast941

Apr 6, 2021
i do not copied those 7 files after flashing unlocked firmware again, and immediately updated to android 11 using the phone itself, now it shows my imei, even without restoring those 7 files.
You won't need to do that step then. Just flash the boot.img via fastboot and you should be good to go.

Just a handy tip: Keep the files in case it turns out that you do need them in the future. If you like experimenting with the phone then it would be very handy to keep the files in case your IMEI gets wiped.

Reactions: sasan50cent

sasan50cent

May 27, 2011
Esfahan
You won't need to do that step then. Just flash the boot.img via fastboot and you should be good to go.

Just a handy tip: Keep the files in case it turns out that you do need them in the future. If you like experimenting with the phone then it would be very handy to keep the files in case your IMEI gets wiped.
extracted Nokia_2.2_V3.270_OTA.zip's payload.bin file using payload dumper, now i'm gonna patch boot.img and use the extracted vbmeta.img .

EDIT : finally got root on android 11 thanks to you my friend :) .

Last edited:

inadd

Jul 1, 2019
I'm stuck on step 1. I use SP Flash Tool 5.1924 and select altunlock-MT6761_Android_scatter.txt as scatter file. I follow the video but when I try to read back I get 'The Preloader file format is invalid. Please retry another official load'. My model is TA-1188 and I also tried the other scatter file from the zip file.

And what's your best guess to increase performance? Android 9 or 11? Stock or custom?

areallydumbperson

Jun 1, 2021
Sony Xperia L1
I'm stuck on step 1. I use SP Flash Tool 5.1924 and select altunlock-MT6761_Android_scatter.txt as scatter file. I follow the video but when I try to read back I get 'The Preloader file format is invalid. Please retry another official load'. My model is TA-1188 and I also tried the other scatter file from the zip file.

And what's your best guess to increase performance? Android 9 or 11? Stock or custom?
Tell me the list of files in ur folder
Android 9 is the best to use imo lineage or stock I prefer lineage tho
And make sure u fully extracted the zip file

inadd

Jul 1, 2019
By default the system takes 11 GB of storage. It's a known problem. Is there a way to merge slots A and B into one? I'm on Android 9 with root
Is Android 11 smaller? How to free more space or how to move apps to sd without formatting it as internal storage?

Last edited:

areallydumbperson

Jun 1, 2021
Sony Xperia L1
By default the system takes 11 GB of storage. It's a known problem. Is there a way to merge slots A and B into one? I'm on Android 9 with root
Is Android 11 smaller? How to free more space or how to move apps to sd without formatting it as internal storage?
Converting to aonly will be near impossible

inadd

Jul 1, 2019
Sadly Apps2SD does not work.
What if the A/B partition layout can stay the same. You remove some folders from system_B and mount B during boot of A. Then move some system folders from A to B and symlink them so the ROM uses space from B without knowing.
I don't know where to put a shell script that does the mounting.

areallydumbperson

Jun 1, 2021
Sony Xperia L1
Sadly Apps2SD does not work.
What if the A/B partition layout can stay the same. You remove some folders from system_B and mount B during boot of A. Then move some system folders from A to B and symlink them so the ROM uses space from B without knowing.
I don't know where to put a shell script that does the mounting.
Idk maybe unpack boot image and try experimenting there u might get lucky

ugeen75

Sep 27, 2021
Hello! I had this phone in the bootloop on the Android One label. I flashed it with erasing memory using the firmware from step 1 and SP Flashtool. Now it is not responding to any taps at all. How can I fix this? Thank you very much in advance.

areallydumbperson

Jun 1, 2021
Sony Xperia L1
Hello! I had this phone in the bootloop on the Android One label. I flashed it with erasing memory using the firmware from step 1 and SP Flashtool. Now it is not responding to any taps at all. How can I fix this? Thank you very much in advance.
Do u mind being a bit more detailed and if the phone is still plugged into the pc unplug it and then press the power button and also if u didn’t backup ur nvram you have lost your imei and serial number

ugeen75

Sep 27, 2021
Do u mind being a bit more detailed and if the phone is still plugged into the pc unplug it and then press the power button and also if u didn’t backup ur nvram you have lost your imei and serial number
SP Flashtool detects it, but the smartphone does not respond to any pressing of the volume down button + power button or up button + power button. The screen does not light up. Is there a chance to restore it?

ugeen75

Sep 27, 2021
I have already pulled out the battery and tried to reboot it. But the smartphone doesn't sell signs of life. Although in SP Flashtool, the firmware goes with a green sign at the end.

Starkow

Oct 9, 2021
Now the last piece of puzzle of Nokia x.2 series bootloader unlock line has been completed, thanks to the help of a member called Woke_World.
After I read his procedure, I decided to optimize the entire procedure and use my own firmware file to achieve it.

Step 1: Do full backup
(For this case please use SP Flash Tool 5.1924 or newer that can be found on spflashtool.com )

The firmware for this procedure can be downloaded here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693749336
SHA256: D056631A8A795A06795B3A4E5F334DBF9B55C3C71269831F8E7926FA3ABA5637

Please follow the procedure in this topic to do readback: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-global-nokia-5-1-plus-unbrick-guide.3858253/
For this case, you need to keep Download Agent file as the same came with SP Flash Tool, and altunlock-MT6761_Android_scatter.txt

Once readback done, please extract these images inside your backup for later use:
Code:
nvcfg.img
nvram.img
proinfo.img
protect1.img
protect2.img

Step 2: Format all + Download to flash the firmware with altunlock scatter file
Switch to Download tab, and choose format all + download to flash the entire phone with this scatter file: "altunlock-MT6761_Android_scatter.txt"
Once flash complete, disconnect the phone.

Step 3: Bootloader unlock
Press and hold volume down key and connect to PC - keep that condition for around 12 seconds then the phone will boot to Fastboot mode.
Execute these 2 commands to perform bootloader unlock:
Code:
fastboot flashing lock_critical
fastboot oem unlock

Посмотрите на свой телефон и нажмите кнопку увеличения громкости, чтобы подтвердить разблокировку. После этого отключите телефон и извлеките аккумулятор, подождите 5 секунд и вставьте аккумулятор обратно.

Шаг 4. Повторите повторное считывание
После завершения считывания извлеките эти изображения в резервную копию для дальнейшего использования:
[ПАРОЛЬ] sec1.img
seccfg.img [/ КОД]

Шаг 5: Отформатировать все + Загрузить, чтобы прошить прошивку оригинальным scatter-файлом
Перейдите на вкладку «Загрузить» и выберите «Форматировать все + загрузить», чтобы прошить весь телефон исходным файлом разброса с именем «MT6761_Android_scatter.txt» - обратите внимание, что в начале имени файла нет альтернативной блокировки.
После завершения прошивки отключите телефон.

Шаг 6: Включите телефон и включите отладку по USB, рутируйте телефон с помощью MTK Easy SU
[ПРИМЕЧАНИЕ: НЕ ВСТАВЛЯЙТЕ ЛЮБЫЕ SIM-КАРТЫ И НЕОБХОДИМО ПРОПУСТИТЬ ПОДКЛЮЧЕНИЕ К ИНТЕРНЕТУ]

Вы можете скачать apk MTK Easy SU здесь: https://github.com/JunioJsv/mtk-easy-su/releases/latest
И APK Magisk отсюда: https://github.com/topjohnwu/magisk/releases/latest

Если у вас установлены MTK Easy Su и Magisk APK, включите параметр «Запускать как 64-битные» и нажмите кнопку решетки (#), чтобы включить root.
После завершения рутирования мы можем снова включить разблокировку загрузчика и восстановить IMEI.

Шаг 7. Повторно включите разблокировку загрузчика и восстановите IMEI.
Скопируйте 7 файлов img во внутреннюю память телефона:
[КОД] nvcfg.img
nvram.img
proinfo.img
protect1.img
protect2.img
sec1.img
seccfg.img [/ КОД]
Мы предполагаем, что вы скопировали их в корневой каталог внутреннего хранилища (он же / storage / emulated / 0 /).

Затем выполните эти команды на своем ПК:
[КОД]
оболочка adb
вс
dd if = / storage / emulated / 0 / nvcfg.img of = / dev / block / bootdevice / по имени / nvcfg
dd if = / storage / emulated / 0 / nvram.img of = / dev / block / bootdevice / по имени / nvram
dd if = / storage / emulated / 0 / proinfo.img of = / dev / block / bootdevice / по имени / proinfo
dd if = / storage / emulated / 0 / protect1.img of = / dev / block / bootdevice / по имени / protect1
dd if = / storage / emulated / 0 / protect2.img of = / dev / block / bootdevice / по имени / protect2
dd if = / storage / emulated / 0 / sec1.img of = / dev / block / bootdevice / по имени / sec1
dd if = / storage / emulated / 0 / seccfg.img of = / dev / block / bootdevice / по имени / seccfg
[/КОД]

Когда это будет сделано, выполните сброс настроек до заводских, чтобы применить восстановление NVRAM.

Пожалуйста, посмотрите это видео для полной демонстрации процедуры:
[MEDIA = youtube] OgGfv65wT7U [/ MEDIA]

На этом вся процедура разблокировки загрузчика завершена, и получайте удовольствие от модификации этого устройства!

Кредиты:
Woke_World от продуктового сообщества компании Triple-Color
дипломатический для его эксплойта MTK-SU и упрощенной утилиты под названием JunioJsv
topjohnwu для MagiskSU
Добрый день всем. На днях попросили телефон, вроде не правильно, протерли IMEI и SN, подскажите как быть в такой ситуации, может у кого есть эти файлы для оживления питомца?
Телефон Nokia 2.2 TA 1188. Заранее спасибо за помощь.

areallydumbperson

Jun 1, 2021
Sony Xperia L1
Добрый день всем. На днях попросили телефон, вроде не правильно, протерли IMEI и SN, подскажите как быть в такой ситуации, может у кого есть эти файлы для оживления питомца?
Serial number cannot be written but imei can be written using modem meta

Серийный номер нельзя записать, но imei можно записать с помощью мета модема

Reactions: Starkow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Serial number cannot be written but imei can be written using modem meta

Серийный номер нельзя записать, но imei можно записать с помощью мета модема
    Tell me how to do it point by point?
    download the modem meta program launch the setup and then install it and after it’s installed press the start button and connect your phone powered off and the volume down button held down then you can fix your imei
    To moderators: There's no Nokia 2.2 forum in XDA-Developers, please move this topic when available.
    To content farms: DO NOT COPY AND PASTE THE ENTIRE GUIDE!

Now the last piece of puzzle of Nokia x.2 series bootloader unlock line has been completed, thanks to the help of a member called Woke_World.
    After I read his procedure, I decided to optimize the entire procedure and use my own firmware file to achieve it.

Step 1: Do full backup
    (For this case please use SP Flash Tool 5.1924 or newer that can be found on spflashtool.com )

The firmware for this procedure can be downloaded here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693749336
    SHA256: D056631A8A795A06795B3A4E5F334DBF9B55C3C71269831F8E7926FA3ABA5637

Please follow the procedure in this topic to do readback: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-global-nokia-5-1-plus-unbrick-guide.3858253/
    For this case, you need to keep Download Agent file as the same came with SP Flash Tool, and altunlock-MT6761_Android_scatter.txt

Once readback done, please extract these images inside your backup for later use:
    Code:
    nvcfg.img
    nvram.img
    proinfo.img
    protect1.img
    protect2.img

DO NOT SKIP STEP 1, OR YOUR PHONE WILL NOT HAVE IMEI AND SN!

Step 2: Format all + Download to flash the firmware with altunlock scatter file
    Switch to Download tab, and choose format all + download to flash the entire phone with this scatter file: "altunlock-MT6761_Android_scatter.txt"

Step 3: Bootloader unlock
    Press and hold volume down key and connect to PC - keep that condition for around 12 seconds then the phone will boot to Fastboot mode.
    Execute these 2 commands to perform bootloader unlock:
    Code:
    fastboot flashing lock_critical
    fastboot oem unlock

Look at your phone and press volume up to confirm unlock. Once done, disconnect the phone and remove the battery, wait 5 seconds and place the battery back.

Step 4: Do readback again
    Code:
    sec1.img
    seccfg.img

Step 5: Format all + Download to flash the firmware with original scatter file
    Switch to Download tab, and choose format all + download to flash the entire phone with the original scatter file named as "MT6761_Android_scatter.txt" - note there's no altunlock at the beginning of filename.

Step 6: Power on the phone and enable USB debugging, root the phone with MTK Easy SU
    [NOTE: DO NOT INSERT ANY SIM CARDS AND YOU MUST SKIP INTERNET CONNECTION]

You can download the MTK Easy SU apk from here : https://github.com/JunioJsv/mtk-easy-su/releases/latest
    And Magisk APK from here : https://github.com/topjohnwu/magisk/releases/latest

When you have both MTK Easy Su and Magisk APK installed, please enable the "Run as 64 Bits" option, and tap the hash (#) button to enable root.
    Once root complete, we can now re-enable bootloader unlock and restore IMEI.

Step 7: Re-enable bootloader unlock and restore IMEI
    Please copy the 7 img files to your phone's internal storage:
    Code:
    nvcfg.img
    nvram.img
    proinfo.img
    protect1.img
    protect2.img
    sec1.img
    seccfg.img
    We assume you copied them to root directory of internal storage (a.k.a. /storage/emulated/0/ )

Then execute these commands on your PC:
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    dd if=/storage/emulated/0/nvcfg.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/nvcfg
    dd if=/storage/emulated/0/nvram.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/nvram
    dd if=/storage/emulated/0/proinfo.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/proinfo
    dd if=/storage/emulated/0/protect1.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/protect1
    dd if=/storage/emulated/0/protect2.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/protect2
    dd if=/storage/emulated/0/sec1.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/sec1
    dd if=/storage/emulated/0/seccfg.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/seccfg

When it's done, please perform factory reset to apply the NVRAM restoration.

Please watch this video for entire procedure demonstration:

That wraps up the entire procedure of bootloader unlock, and have fun for modding this device!

Credits:
    Woke_World from triple-color company product community
    diplomatic for his MTK-SU Exploit and simplified utility called JunioJsv
    topjohnwu for MagiskSU
    How to extract *.img files from ROM_0 backup?
    Please make a tutorial on how to unlock the bootloader of Nokia 2.1 with Android 10 update.