• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Guide] How To Update and Re-flash ASUS ZenFone 2 ZE551ML

Search This thread

s27moto

Nov 3, 2012
Tehran
sites.google.com
Hi
they are many way to update your ASUS ZenFone 2 ZE551ML but in this thread you learn how to do safely
1st you need Micro sdcard with 2Gb at the minimums
2nd go to this thread and download your last Firmwares "remember cheek your SKU (CU-CHN-WW)" after download copy the .zip file to your SD card
3rd put your SD card in you ZE551ML and power on your device with holding Volume down and power key
choose Update mode, in update mode select the update from external storage and select your .zip
let update complete
*if you want to have faster and stable device after update use format & wipe date and partition

good luck

lordpipa

Apr 2, 2009
Yauco

flaflasat

Apr 18, 2015
Hello everyone I wanted to ask for help if possible. I bought from china the ZE551ML (ASUS_Z00ADB) unfortunately I received the CN version, on the site of the store was not specified anything and I thought it was the WW now I live in Italy and version CN has no service google, nothing playstore, gmail etc. and especially the 4G network does not work, before you start shipping procedures and reimbursement, wanted to know if is possible to change the software from CN to WW and as if you have to do, thank you very much and sorry for my bad English

sorg

Sep 5, 2006
台灣
3rd put your SD card in you ZE551ML and power on your device with holding Volume down and power key
Are you sure it works for ZE551ML?
For me holding Power + VolDown doesn't start to boot. Phone silently (without vibrating and screen activity) enter to some strange mode. It's not easy to exit. Usually random holding power with volume buttons exits from this mode.

There is fastboot entering procedure with Power + VolUp (instead of VolDown), but there is no option to update from SD card.

Reactions: andrea.giommi

lordpipa

Apr 2, 2009
Yauco
On this computer i have osx but i can use in other PC windows 8.1
Just download driver and platform tools Folder. Download the file u want to flash. If it's a system image extract it on the platform tools Folder. Connect your phone and in platform tools open a terminal. Enable adb on your phone and type on the terminal adb devices. If it gives you a number then type adb fastboot reboot. Phone will reboot in fastboot and then type on terminal fastboot flash system system.img. It'll take a while but it'll tell u when it's done. Then reboot phone. If all is good your phone will be on WW.

Reactions: Aceofzeroz

flaflasat

Apr 18, 2015
Just download driver and platform tools Folder. Download the file u want to flash. If it's a system image extract it on the platform tools Folder. Connect your phone and in platform tools open a terminal. Enable adb on your phone and type on the terminal adb devices. If it gives you a number then type adb fastboot reboot. Phone will reboot in fastboot and then type on terminal fastboot flash system system.img. It'll take a while but it'll tell u when it's done. Then reboot phone. If all is good your phone will be on WW.

The downloaded firmware is zip file (UL-Z00A-WW-2.13.40.13-user.zip)

This procedure is only for windows no osx

lordpipa

Apr 2, 2009
Yauco

Didn't u tell me that u can get on a Windows 8.1?

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

http://www.asus-zenfone.com/2015/04/how-to-flash-asus-zenfone-2.html?m=1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi
    they are many way to update your ASUS ZenFone 2 ZE551ML but in this thread you learn how to do safely
    1st you need Micro sdcard with 2Gb at the minimums
    2nd go to this thread and download your last Firmwares "remember cheek your SKU (CU-CHN-WW)" after download copy the .zip file to your SD card
    choose Update mode, in update mode select the update from external storage and select your .zip
    let update complete
    *if you want to have faster and stable device after update use format & wipe date and partition

good luck
    Are you sure it works for ZE551ML?
    For me holding Power + VolDown doesn't start to boot. Phone silently (without vibrating and screen activity) enter to some strange mode. It's not easy to exit. Usually random holding power with volume buttons exits from this mode.

There is fastboot entering procedure with Power + VolUp (instead of VolDown), but there is no option to update from SD card.
    On this computer i have osx but i can use in other PC windows 8.1
    I make reset from setting phone backup and restore but nothing, in recovery mode is presente the factory reset?
    a50dae3cb5dec935c01daaeeb9aabb99.jpg
    Yes wipe data factory reset. You have recovery so we'll find a way to get u back
    Bought the phone from Gearbest.com CN version...No Gapps, can't sideload playstore, I need a US or WW version. Love this phone but it is unusable at this state.

hello if you read my previous posts you'll see that they are in your same situation, but I could not install the firmware WW with sideload because what CN is newer than WW.
    For Gapp I found this tread and installed the apk file after several error messages now works perfettamewnte every app google:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=42414373&postcount=35

I now I need a software to enter engeenering mode and turn on the Italian LTE frequencies that are not active with the firmware CN.