• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Guide] How to update change faulty bootloader.

Search This thread

xdamir

Jun 19, 2009
Birmingham
Following are the instructions to change/update/replace a faulty bootloader on the Omnia 7.

1. Download 3 things. Samsung USB Drivers, WP7 Downloader and a Custom ROM for Omnia 7. All of these are available for download from Samfirmware.com or as posted in Casey's guide.
2. Follow all the instructions (you will need a jig at least once) as per Casey_boy, but do not select anything for PDA and CSC in the WP7 Downloader.
3. Plug in your phone while it is in download mode, and then once the WP7 downloader detects the device on the port, just hit start.
4. The whole process takes less than a minute. Once it is finished just check to go into dowbload mode, and this time you wont need a jig as the three button combo (Camera+Vol Up then power) will surely work. The great thing is that your OS will not change and you can retain your ROM as well.

Reactions: redswap and sa3ad

sa3ad

Nov 29, 2010
Jiddah
thank-you so much , i had bootloader 4.10.1.9 , i folowed your instructions (casy_boy's too ), and now no MORE need for usb jig because i have bootloader 4.11.0.3

I CAN ENTER DOWNLOAD MODE WITH THREE BUTTONS COMINATION

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Following are the instructions to change/update/replace a faulty bootloader on the Omnia 7.

1. Download 3 things. Samsung USB Drivers, WP7 Downloader and a Custom ROM for Omnia 7. All of these are available for download from Samfirmware.com or as posted in Casey's guide.
    2. Follow all the instructions (you will need a jig at least once) as per Casey_boy, but do not select anything for PDA and CSC in the WP7 Downloader.
    3. Plug in your phone while it is in download mode, and then once the WP7 downloader detects the device on the port, just hit start.
    4. The whole process takes less than a minute. Once it is finished just check to go into dowbload mode, and this time you wont need a jig as the three button combo (Camera+Vol Up then power) will surely work. The great thing is that your OS will not change and you can retain your ROM as well.