[GUIDE] How to use Dual SIM + Micro SD Card on Oneplus X at the same time

Search This thread

mochoandre

Oct 5, 2011
WOW, it really works. My way to peel off sim card, as suggested, was to pass a lighter back and forth to get the plastic a little hot and start to bend it with my nail. Passing 3 or 4 times was enough. NICE!!

rezadh

Dec 20, 2012
Medan
Very interesting, and challenging.. but I don't quite understand this while the image disappeared from the post itself.

So the main idea is, to peel off the metal part of the SIM out and put it beneath the microSD?
@111hemant111 can you fix the Post man, please..? I can't see the image of step by step inside the post.. thanks

magmagg

Aug 18, 2015
This works! I just did it with my phone and now I have 2 sim cards running with my storage also running.

1. I tried it off any sim card first just to see if I can peel it right, if you have a sim card that you can throw away practice there.
2. I used the lighter technique, the plastic part of the sim card can melt (But not totally) until you can peel it off with your nails. But be sure to be very careful.
3. You don't really need to sand paper the sd card too much, just a few passes will do but will take force to put in, if you don't plan on removing it though, I think you'll be okay.

Thank you so much for this guide! It's a pain having to bring two phones with me always just because I have two sim cards. :)

Shuaib_Ahsan

Feb 8, 2011
OnePlus 8 Pro
Sweet,
Did it successfully in second attempt:
1. First attempt: Tried to remove chip from nano sim using lighter, the sim got burnt.
2. Second attempt: Got a new nano sim, submerged it into nail polish remover for 4 hours. After that a simple tweezer and fingernails were enough to separate the sim from the plastic housing cleanly.
3. Levelled off the microsd bump using nail filer.
Profit !

Pmosho

May 7, 2017
Opx

It's showing only emergency calls only but when I inserted in other Mobile it's working fine, please help to fix it help would be appreciated

yayakuya

Jul 25, 2012
C:\Earth\Asia\Indonesia\Tangerang
I knew this trick on my previous device
Then this is much way easier to put this on Onyx

Ps: ignore that SD card name... :p
Been lazy to reformat it... ✌

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180222-203823.png
    Screenshot_20180222-203823.png
    76.3 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for a broken SD Card or SIM card or both and this task surely needs patient hands.]

I have been a great lover of Oneplus X. I love its performance (on ashwin and MA's CM13) and its beauty has always amazed me but the only drawback which I've always felt is the inability to use sd card and dual sims together. Today I tried pretty hard to find out a hack by making SIM card as thin as possible and trimming the extra bump on sd card and guess what ? It works :D

I am not well versed with XDA jargon, so please bear with me :)

Be as careful as you can especially when u r removing the SIM card terminals layer:

1. Cut the SIM card along the portion separating the card body and metal terminals with a paper knife as if you are trying to peel off the metal contacts part from the card body. (Be extremely careful here so that you don't damage the chip terminals)

You'll be left with this:

1.jpg

2. Take the bottom part of the card as in the following picture, and slightly rub the encapsulation with a sand paper such that it doesn't rub the rest of the SIM card surface. The only objective of this part is to make it thin as there's a bump which would obstruct the SIM card insertion.

It should end up like this:

2.jpg

3. Now take your SD Card and you can observe a minor bump at the end of the sd card which can be trimmed by using a sand paper and this should result in an sd card which is on the left side of the pic compared to a non-trimmed one on the right side.

3.jpg

Now place the SIM card in the slot this way:

4.jpg

Voila..!!!

And the result..?
    Screenshot:

Screenshot_20160408-150610.png
    Its very difficult to remove the metal terminal form the card. i tried it with a non working sim but ended up by breaking the sim. it would be very helpful if you can just upload one video of removing the metal contact form the sim.......:)

yes yes yes....... finally i did it. now enjoying dual sim with sd... thanks alot bro... and for new users.... atleast do some practice with one or two non usable sims.....
    Hello, great work. Something i wondered about alot but didnt want to try out.

How is the PHONE handling this extra? Heating up? what side effect do the phone get, im surely secure that the phone was not meant to handle both sim cards and sd card at the same time, or was it? Or did they just made a smart solution for 3 things?

I want to do this but SD card risk is no problem i am more worried about the damage on the phone itself.
    I have been using this for a week and what I've understood is our OPX is meant to handle both sim cards and sd cards simultaneously juz as any other mobile but the designing department went with a form factor tweak juz to keep the mobile as thin as possible...I am sure had they provided different slots for sd card and sim cards, they could have faced difficulty at thickness... but that said, it doesn't take away it's ability to handle both...

And coming to my observation, the read and write speeds on sd card are same, the signal strength of sim cards are same and heating is not at all in existence... I use @ashwin007 and @MasterAwesome's CM 13...
    @mafioso16 haha...:D the disclaimer seems deterrent but frankly speaking, it isn't as difficult as it seems considering the fact that you can always replace your SIM card...still, it's up to u :)

Still, It's kinda dangerous to do this to your SD card. But still, kudos to you. :)
    Is there any chance this could damage the SIM/SD Card pins inside the slot in the phone? Or maybe cause some issues when ejecting the tray?
    the SIM card i managed to trim is as thin as a good quality paper...and the sd card bump is also trimmed, so u r practically inserting a normal sd card...what i have observed is, over two days of experience, it's pretty easy to remove and place again and again...never had an issue ejecting, i tried some 8 to 9 times in these two days...