[Guide] How to use latest S-Health on devices with Knox tripped (0x1)

Search This thread

CuBz90

Sep 27, 2010
Manchester
www.galaxys7.co.uk
As some of you will know, Samsung have no longer allowed S-Health to work on devices where Knox has been tripped.
This guide will show you how to get the latest version of S-Health to run without this block

Rooted Devices

This method requires you to be rooted. You can always unroot after doing this

If you are not rooted you can root your device by following the instructions below:

• Download TWRP and save it somewhere you will remember.
  • Open ODIN and press AP then select the TWRP file you just downloaded.
  • Put your phone into Download Mode by holding Power + Volume Down + Home.
  • Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable. Then Press Start in ODIN.
  • Download SuperSU-v2.79-SR3 and save it to your phone's SD Card.
  • Power off the phone and then hold Power + Volume Up + Home to boot to TWRP.
  • Press Install and locate the SuperSU file you downloaded earlier. Select it and Install.
  • You are now rooted.

To remove root, simple open the SuperSU app from your app drawer, go to settings and select Full Unroot

Follow the steps below to remove the S-Health block.

1. Download a root file explorer (such as Root Explorer, Root Browser or ES File Explorer).
  2. Open the root file explorer and go to the /system folder.
  3. Open the file named build.prop in text editor
  4. In the build.prop file look for ro.config.tima=1
  5. Change this line to ro.config.tima=0, simply changing the 1 to a 0
  6. Reboor phone
  7. Run the S-Health app

Non-Rooted Devices

If you are not rooted and/or cannot root then you can follow the steps below to get S-Health working (this will only work if the app is not installed as a system app).

1. Uninstall the S-Health App (if you cannot uninstall the app, this means it is installed to the system partition. Try Method 2 below).
  2. Install version 4 of the S-Health app which can be found HERE
  3. Open the app and complete setup
  4. Update the S-Health app via the app store
  5. You should now be able to use the S-Health app without issue

You can now use S-Health even with tripped Knox!!

Last edited:

Hammoud Abbas

Jan 26, 2015
Istanbul
Hi
I update to nougat today an checked if i can use s health abd i didn't notice any problem.......no Error....i can use it normally as i use to do....keep in mind that I already've lost the knox waranty and it tells me that i got the latest version of s health

CuBz90

Sep 27, 2010
Manchester
www.galaxys7.co.uk
Cannot download your S Health 4.8.1. Clicking the link asks me to log in to Facebook but, when I do, I get Sorry, your request could not be processed. Please try again. Can you upload it somewhere else?

Apologies. I have updated the link in the OP.

Hi
I update to nougat today an checked if i can use s health abd i didn't notice any problem.......no Error....i can use it normally as i use to do....keep in mind that I already've lost the knox waranty and it tells me that i got the latest version of s health

Ye some people don't seem to be locked out. I've no idea why.

Reactions: abdi55

mar_wu

Sep 20, 2011
Anyone having problem on step 11?
I cant install the app, giving me "there a problem pardon the package"
I have "unknown source selected", and I have downloaded 3 other times the app to make sure there was no problem...
Can someone help me, m
Thank

CuBz90

Sep 27, 2010
Manchester
www.galaxys7.co.uk
Anyone having problem on step 11?
I cant install the app, giving me "there a problem pardon the package"
I have "unknown source selected", and I have downloaded 3 other times the app to make sure there was no problem...
Can someone help me, m
Thank

Have you enabled "Allow installation of apps from Unknown Sources"?
Have you tried re-downloading the app? It may have corrupt whilst downloading.

mar_wu

Sep 20, 2011
Have you enabled "Allow installation of apps from Unknown Sources"?
Have you tried re-downloading the app? It may have corrupt whilst downloading.

Thanks for the reply...
Yes set for installation from unknown sources...
Yesterday after many hours of playing... I remembered about permission setting...
So I set to
RW
R
R

Restarted, and boom. Done!

Thanks, works great, now I have S health. Again

HeatOfLisboa67

Aug 4, 2016
I have 5.4.1

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170126-144015.jpg
    Screenshot_20170126-144015.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 3,324

MAX 404

Sep 4, 2012
Panama / Spain
As some of you will know, Samsung have no longer allowed S-Health to work on devices where Knox has been tripped.
This guide will show you how to get the latest version of S-Health to run without this block

Cool mate !!

Working

Reactions: [email protected]

deliyan

Aug 6, 2008
Madrid
Should we have the device rooted? true? The only one nougat rom i have is a stock no rooted. No way to install Shealth from system/app because I´m don´t have root permissions on this folder

sirhC6

Feb 27, 2008
Stuttgart
and how do root the device on nougat? I read in different threads that currently rooting the device leads to broken wifi and brightness-adjustment.
Can somebody provide us with a proper root guide or does a simple unroot fix these problems after installing S-Health???

Reactions: cedric406

CuBz90

Sep 27, 2010
Manchester
www.galaxys7.co.uk
Should we have the device rooted? true? The only one nougat rom i have is a stock no rooted. No way to install Shealth from system/app because I´m don´t have root permissions on this folder

and how do root the device on nougat? I read in different threads that currently rooting the device leads to broken wifi and brightness-adjustment.
Can somebody provide us with a proper root guide or does a simple unroot fix these problems after installing S-Health???

Flash TWRP in ODIN.

Then boot to TWRP and flash SuperSU-v2.79-SR3

To unroot, open the SuperSU app and select 'Full unroot'. S-health will still work as normal.

I use this root method and it works without causing any issues to the functionality of my phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Rooted Devices

If you are not rooted you can root your device by following the instructions below:

• Download TWRP and save it somewhere you will remember.
    • Open ODIN and press AP then select the TWRP file you just downloaded.
    • Put your phone into Download Mode by holding Power + Volume Down + Home.
    • Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable. Then Press Start in ODIN.
    • Download SuperSU-v2.79-SR3 and save it to your phone's SD Card.
    • Power off the phone and then hold Power + Volume Up + Home to boot to TWRP.
    • Press Install and locate the SuperSU file you downloaded earlier. Select it and Install.
    • You are now rooted.

To remove root, simple open the SuperSU app from your app drawer, go to settings and select Full Unroot

Follow the steps below to remove the S-Health block.

1. Download a root file explorer (such as Root Explorer, Root Browser or ES File Explorer).
    2. Open the root file explorer and go to the /system folder.
    3. Open the file named build.prop in text editor
    4. In the build.prop file look for ro.config.tima=1
    5. Change this line to ro.config.tima=0, simply changing the 1 to a 0
    6. Reboor phone
    7. Run the S-Health app

Non-Rooted Devices

If you are not rooted and/or cannot root then you can follow the steps below to get S-Health working (this will only work if the app is not installed as a system app).

1. Uninstall the S-Health App (if you cannot uninstall the app, this means it is installed to the system partition. Try Method 2 below).
    3. Open the app and complete setup
    4. Update the S-Health app via the app store
    5. You should now be able to use the S-Health app without issue

Using root explorer
    Edit build.prop
    From ro.config.tima=1
    To ro.config.tima=0
    Then save build.prob and restart phone. Working this metod perfectly.

SM-G935F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
    Ani idea for non rooted device?

Only if the S-Health app isn't installed to the system partition. If it is installed to the data partition then you can do the following...

1. Uninstall the S-Health App (if you cannot uninstall then it is a system app)
    3. Update the S-Health app via the app store
    4. You should now be able to use the S-Health app without issue
    My S health version is 5.4.1.0003. Working perfectly on Nougat. And have never had an issue with s health before.

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Flash TWRP in ODIN.

Then boot to TWRP and flash SuperSU-v2.79-SR3

To unroot, open the SuperSU app and select 'Full unroot'. S-health will still work as normal.

I use this root method and it works without causing any issues to the functionality of my phone.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone