Guide: How to use OnePlus dialer with call recording in OnePlus 8T/Nord

Search This thread

cioce

Sep 21, 2013
Dont know why i get "You have removed required permission" popup when tapping contact in dialer app to call..all permissions are enabled and tried already to reinstall. Though calls seem to work as they should but this "error" is little annoying.
Somebody maybe has a fix for this??
Same problem here, Oneplus Nord with OxygenOS 11 EU stable + Magisk 22 :(

The only solution seems to use google contacts app.

Last edited:

Uficim

Mar 4, 2021
Hi guys.

I try the method without root and joneplus tools, but something strange happens:

The first time I did it, it worked great. But now, without reboot the phone, it is not working. In the OnePlus Dialer dont5 appear the recorded calls, and with the file manager appears but the size of the file is 0 Kb.

All permissions are allowed.
I'm on Android 11 stable Rom.
I used ADB for the joneplustools permissions.

While a call, it seems to record it, but then it doesn't stay in the phone.

Thanks.

Amulys2006

Mar 6, 2021
Hey it is not working in mi a3 android 11
Evolution x 5.4
Only working message
Contact and phone not working
Can u help please

abhishekcal

Jan 11, 2012
Is there an update to this app?
Still using the the version 1. It works great but sometimes the recording does not get triggered.

@Shavi_Suri Thank you for the mod! Regarding the magisk mod specifically...would extracting the .zip and replacing the APKs with newer updated APKs, then recompressing it back to a .zip work? Like, can I just relaxed the APKs in your zip with newer ones and not have to change anything else for the mod to still work? Please forgive me is it's kind of a stupid question...I've been on XDA for over 10 years, but in all that time I've never once made my own magisk module, so I'm ignorant as to what really goes into it.
Somewhat related - I'm also wondering if perhaps I could also replace the OnePlus Messages APK for the OnePlus Messages APK that comes with the T-Mobile USA 8T. They're the only 8Ts that come with Oneplus Messages (instead of Google's Messages) that I know of. T-Mobile has a custom version so that RCS works...RCS is not enabled on the regular OnePlus Messages app...only T-Mobile's, at least as far as I can tell. I'm using this mod for the dialer & contacts, but continuing to use Google Messages for RCS. I'm willing to bet there's more to it than just that version of the APK...I figure there's some other framework that's required to get T-Mobile's version of Messages to work (with RCA also working), which may even require the user (me) to be on the T-Mobile firmware again. But if so, f**k that! I converted from the T-Mobile firmware to the EU firmware for a few reasons, and while I prefer OnePlus' Messages app to Google's, I want to keep RCS (and the EU firmware)...I converted for a reason!
Also...sorry for the long-ass post!

Another question, but shorter this time lol.
Has anyone been able to get the "call logs" permission to work the Contacts app? I cannot, no matter what I do...though it's hardly a show stopper.
I've tried wiping OnePlus & Google Contacts caches, full app data, etc. I've even used Titanium Backup to disable the Google Dialer entirely, but to no avail.
Edit: I tried to attach a video of a screen recording, but XDA's mobile app is telling me the file type is unsupported. Womp womp.

aygul12345

Jan 14, 2011
Where can I download the the new versions of the native dailer app?, or can I ripp it from a other oneplus device?

aygul12345

Jan 14, 2011
Phone apk for non-rooted phones is kinda outdated (ver. 1 vs ver 5 according to apk mirror). I've tried to install the latest version from Apk Mirror, but it keeps asking for mic permission. Is there any newer version, than 1 which doesn't have this bug?
How I can extract that app dailer to an apk, and that everbody can use with without root?

naseer97

Aug 27, 2011
Karachi
Hi. I've been using the non-root method with the dialer apk and jOneppus tools. I can confirm recordings don't get recorded automatically sometimes. Is there a fix to this? Is there an updated compatible Oneplus dialer apk? Would using the root method ensure 100% recording or is it as unreliable as non root method?

freakzapster

Jan 29, 2013
Hi. I've been using the non-root method with the dialer apk and jOneppus tools. I can confirm recordings don't get recorded automatically sometimes. Is there a fix to this? Is there an updated compatible Oneplus dialer apk? Would using the root method ensure 100% recording or is it as unreliable as non root method?
after call , unless call gets connected , do not put near ears .

Reactions: TheMystic

azhar.ansari

Jul 2, 2015
Using the above OP Phone.apk from last two months, found no bug other then sometimes recording works and sometimes do not. An ❗ Exclamation mark comes on record button and while making an conference call the recording never works. May be a issue in the Version 1.0. Can u update the above old version to the latest OP Phone dialer please
I am facing same problem with my Nord... Non root method..

matpack

Apr 23, 2021
OnePlus 8T
Hey everyone!!
Greetings from my side. We were trying hard to get 100% working oneplus dialer and messaging app in oneplus 8t. and Yes, We have successfully done it.
I am very happy to share the guide with you all :)

WITHOUT ANY ROOT METHOD: (Thanks to some anonymous help for non-rooted ;) ;) :p)
- oos11 required
-Please download this OnePlus Dialer: Link
-Install it and open it, set as default.
-Give all required permissions only.
-Enjoy guys, this dialer app has no bugs at all.
-If you want to use OnePlus contacts and message app please download them from old method below, these two has 1 minor bug which is not noticeable in daily life, So enjoy them at fullest without rooting your device.

Root methods below:
Requirements:
- oos11
-Root
-Magisk
- OnePlus Apps v1.0 Module
-Your own responsibility before following the all steps

To root your device with magisk please follow this amazing guide by @DroidFreak32 :
- https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-8t/how-to/guide-how-to-root-oneplus8t-kb2001-t4178675

NEW METHOD(Recommended): Big thanks to @shadowstep for your contribution and providing us this amazing module.
1. Download OnePlus Apps v1.0 Module from the above link.

2. Open Magisk App and select it to flash.

3. You will get Option which app you want to install from all three apps(Contacts, Dialer, and Messaging).
Because few users do not want to install all of them together and only want to install a particular app.

4. You can select them using volume keys: Volume Up for Yes, Volume Down for No. (Refer Screenshot for better understanding).
View attachment 5134481

5. Reboot and voila, Apps has been installed successfully.

6. Please make them default apps and give all required permissions.

7. Clear Catch for dialer/messages/contact app before using them.

8. You are ready to go. Thank you.

Points to be noted:
-These apps are not permanently stored in the system storage because we cannot write in the android 11 system, So do not remove/disable magisk. Wait for TWRP to come up.
- No need to disable Module while doing OTA.
-You will not face any issues while using these apps. Reboot will not remove these apps unless you remove/disable the magisk module manually.
- If OnePlus dialer comes with your 8T and call recording is locked in your country, please download this app and enable it without even rooting your device. (This point is not for google dialer users).
- Same as other OnePlus phones, you can see the recording files in the dialer settings itself (Find out screenshots below) OR
Path: android/data/com.oneplus.communication.data/files/Record/PhoneRecord
View attachment 5134667 View attachment 5134669

OLD METHOD:
Please download the required dialer apk from this link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1814cAPa4y1yP2lJfvIQwkZTmoajxuEXi?usp=sharing
If you need messaging and contact app as well. I have shared it in the above link.

- Download the Busybox Module in magisk
Open the hamburger menu again like before, then head to "Downloads." In the search bar, do a search for the term "busybox" to locate the next module for this guide. Tap the download arrow once, then go to "Install" to start the install process. Once finished, tap the back arrow to return to the previous screen.

-Download the App Systemizer Module
In the search bar for the "Downloads" section, do another search for the term "app systemizer," then repeat the process like before to get the module installed. Once this one finishes installing, you can go ahead and hit the "Reboot" button at the bottom to restart your device.

-Install the Terminal App
To use the App Systemizer module you downloaded in Step 3, you'll first need to access a terminal. The module is entirely command-line based, which is why you also needed the Busybox module — it allows you to use more advanced commands with superuser permissions.
Play Store Link: Termux

-Store the dialer in some of your specific location which is provided in the above google drive link.

-Systemize the OnePlus Phone App
Open the Termux app, then type in the command below, followed by: (Please do not use " in all steps below commands)
1. "su"
When you're prompted to do so, tap the "Grant" option to give Termux full superuser privileges to your system.
2. Now that your superuser permissions have been granted, type in the next command followed by enter.
"systemize"
This command will immediately launch the App Systemizer module interface for the first time. This is easily the best way you can turn any user-installed app into a system app with minimal effort.
3. Choose option 3 only which is via .apk (Choice 1 & 2 not working in our 8T). Choice 3 was the best way to make the dialer work in 8T.
4. Now give the apk location. For me, I have placed the apk directly into storage. Enter the following line.
"/storage/emulated/0/Phone_Dialer.apk"
5. Now type 2 to install to /system/priv-app and then reboot the device.
6. Please make oneplus dialer as default phone dialer. It is very important step.
7. Now app has installed successfully. Please disable google dialer for now.
8. Please give all permissions to oneplus dialer from phone settings(calls logs,contacts,files and media,microphone, phone,SMS)
If you are facing any issue in using systemizer app, please prefer this link . This link also contains screenshots for first few steps.

If you have followed all the steps carefully, You will have a working oneplus dialer with call recording. You can enable call recording from dialer settings.

I am attaching the screenshots for your reference and I will keep updating the guide for better understanding, so please do not create multiple guides with the same steps.
It is 100% tested and working fine. If you will face any bug, Please let everyone know in the comments below.

Telegram: t.me/OnePlus8T5G

Special thanks to: @sansanc , Abhay Singh Gill, KunalShah and @Bewildered Wolf
hi, does this method work on Lineage OS 18.1?

emrahbest

Feb 23, 2014
Krakow
Hi all,
Does anyone know any solution for this problem???

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210531-085843.jpg
    Screenshot_20210531-085843.jpg
    535.2 KB · Views: 111

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone!!
    Greetings from my side. We were trying hard to get 100% working oneplus dialer and messaging app in oneplus 8t. and Yes, We have successfully done it.
    I am very happy to share the guide with you all :)

WITHOUT ANY ROOT METHOD: (Thanks to some anonymous help for non-rooted ;) ;) :p)
    - oos11 required
    -Please download this OnePlus Dialer: Link
    -Install it and open it, set as default.
    -Give all required permissions only.
    -Enjoy guys, this dialer app has no bugs at all.
    -If you want to use OnePlus contacts and message app please download them from old method below, these two has 1 minor bug which is not noticeable in daily life, So enjoy them at fullest without rooting your device.

Root methods below:
    Requirements:
    - oos11
    -Root
    -Magisk
    - OnePlus Apps v1.0 Module
    -Your own responsibility before following the all steps

To root your device with magisk please follow this amazing guide by @DroidFreak32 :
    - https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-8t/how-to/guide-how-to-root-oneplus8t-kb2001-t4178675

NEW METHOD(Recommended): Big thanks to @shadowstep for your contribution and providing us this amazing module.
    1. Download OnePlus Apps v1.0 Module from the above link.

2. Open Magisk App and select it to flash.

3. You will get Option which app you want to install from all three apps(Contacts, Dialer, and Messaging).
    Because few users do not want to install all of them together and only want to install a particular app.

4. You can select them using volume keys: Volume Up for Yes, Volume Down for No. (Refer Screenshot for better understanding).
    photo_2020-11-13_15-40-29.jpg

5. Reboot and voila, Apps has been installed successfully.

6. Please make them default apps and give all required permissions.

7. Clear Catch for dialer/messages/contact app before using them.

8. You are ready to go. Thank you.

Points to be noted:
    -These apps are not permanently stored in the system storage because we cannot write in the android 11 system, So do not remove/disable magisk. Wait for TWRP to come up.
    - No need to disable Module while doing OTA.
    -You will not face any issues while using these apps. Reboot will not remove these apps unless you remove/disable the magisk module manually.
    - If OnePlus dialer comes with your 8T and call recording is locked in your country, please download this app and enable it without even rooting your device. (This point is not for google dialer users).
    - Same as other OnePlus phones, you can see the recording files in the dialer settings itself (Find out screenshots below) OR
    Path: android/data/com.oneplus.communication.data/files/Record/PhoneRecord
    RR.jpg RR2.jpg

OLD METHOD:
    Please download the required dialer apk from this link:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1814cAPa4y1yP2lJfvIQwkZTmoajxuEXi?usp=sharing
    If you need messaging and contact app as well. I have shared it in the above link.

- Download the Busybox Module in magisk
    Open the hamburger menu again like before, then head to "Downloads." In the search bar, do a search for the term "busybox" to locate the next module for this guide. Tap the download arrow once, then go to "Install" to start the install process. Once finished, tap the back arrow to return to the previous screen.

-Download the App Systemizer Module
    In the search bar for the "Downloads" section, do another search for the term "app systemizer," then repeat the process like before to get the module installed. Once this one finishes installing, you can go ahead and hit the "Reboot" button at the bottom to restart your device.

-Install the Terminal App
    To use the App Systemizer module you downloaded in Step 3, you'll first need to access a terminal. The module is entirely command-line based, which is why you also needed the Busybox module — it allows you to use more advanced commands with superuser permissions.
    Play Store Link: Termux

-Store the dialer in some of your specific location which is provided in the above google drive link.

-Systemize the OnePlus Phone App
    Open the Termux app, then type in the command below, followed by: (Please do not use " in all steps below commands)
    1. "su"
    When you're prompted to do so, tap the "Grant" option to give Termux full superuser privileges to your system.
    2. Now that your superuser permissions have been granted, type in the next command followed by enter.
    "systemize"
    This command will immediately launch the App Systemizer module interface for the first time. This is easily the best way you can turn any user-installed app into a system app with minimal effort.
    3. Choose option 3 only which is via .apk (Choice 1 & 2 not working in our 8T). Choice 3 was the best way to make the dialer work in 8T.
    4. Now give the apk location. For me, I have placed the apk directly into storage. Enter the following line.
    "/storage/emulated/0/Phone_Dialer.apk"
    5. Now type 2 to install to /system/priv-app and then reboot the device.
    6. Please make oneplus dialer as default phone dialer. It is very important step.
    7. Now app has installed successfully. Please disable google dialer for now.
    8. Please give all permissions to oneplus dialer from phone settings(calls logs,contacts,files and media,microphone, phone,SMS)
    If you are facing any issue in using systemizer app, please prefer this link . This link also contains screenshots for first few steps.

If you have followed all the steps carefully, You will have a working oneplus dialer with call recording. You can enable call recording from dialer settings.

I am attaching the screenshots for your reference and I will keep updating the guide for better understanding, so please do not create multiple guides with the same steps.
    It is 100% tested and working fine. If you will face any bug, Please let everyone know in the comments below.

Telegram: t.me/OnePlus8T5G

Special thanks to: @sansanc , Abhay Singh Gill, KunalShah and @Bewildered Wolf
    It is for Oneplus only, can't you read?

Not working on my Nintendo Switch, please help 😂
    For anyone having problem with Contacts app crashing: try installing OnePlus Contacts 4.0.0.0.210628160123.a26a269
    Download from: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/onepl...-0-210628160123-a26a269-android-apk-download/

For me it's working on a rooted phone. First i used to deny the call log, but i installed this version, cleared cache, give it call log permission and it worked :D
    If the app can be installed and works fine on un-rooted phones, what is the need for the Magisk route on rooted phones?
    Hi,
    Root method was developed before non rooted method.
    Also many users wants to use message app and contact app without any bugs. So root method is helpful in that scenario.
    You can install message and contact app in non rooted too but there are some bugs in both. So root is required for these two to use without any bug.
    Taking out the contacts crash issue, the module is fine. I have denied the call logs permission. Fine now.

Call recording does not work tough. But i think it's not a problem with these apks. I think oneplus changed something. I tried the call recording module, the apk, the jtoolsoneplus app, etc.
    Unfortunately I can't fix the crash issue, I made the module blind I don't have the device. Also, yes, I've seen an increase in the number of reports saying trying to manually enable call recording unofficially doesn't work with OOS 11. Seems like OnePlus did change something indeed.