Guide: How to use OnePlus dialer with call recording in OnePlus 8T/Nord

Search This thread

sanangel

Jul 12, 2014
Burgos
I don't remember "how," but without root you have to enable the option to record calls using adb. The application explains how to do it.

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Installed the Dialer and gave it basically all the permissions to test it and unfortunately there is no Call Recording option in the settings.
Tested on OnePlus 8T OOS 11.0.8.13.KB05AA.

I'm on 11.0.8.14 and there is no way to active call recording. Not even with jtools oneplus.

This should be a regional thing then. Your country probably has laws that prohibit silent call recording (without notifying the other speaker) and the apk is configured to follow the laws.

pixel64

Nov 9, 2010
This should be a regional thing then. Your country probably has laws that prohibit silent call recording (without notifying the other speaker) and the apk is configured to follow the laws.

Thank you for the explanation. Actually, I have the same issue. How is it possible to change phone region? To be clear, I live in a country that is legal to record phone calls without letting anyone know, but you have to keep it yourself as a sort of "write notes"

sansanc

Oct 1, 2014

That's why i tried the methods from another thread, the call recording magisk module, the apk, etc. It was working before. I mean sort of. After a while it stopped working , but then i restarted the app again and it would work. Now, no option to record whatsoever.

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Thank you for the explanation. Actually, I have the same issue. How is it possible to change phone region? To be clear, I live in a country that is legal to record phone calls without letting anyone know, but you have to keep it yourself as a sort of "write notes"
The region is determined by the sim installed, and I don't think you can bypass it.

The apk is designed to work only in specific countries, and your country may not be one of those in the allowed list built into the app.

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
That's why i tried the methods from another thread, the call recording magisk module, the apk, etc. It was working before. I mean sort of. After a while it stopped working , but then i restarted the app again and it would work. Now, no option to record whatsoever.

The apk has a flaw/ bug where recording fails if you hold the phone close to the ear before the call starts. The workaround is to wait for the call to connect and then hold the phone to the ears/ use the speaker. Recording works fine then.

But I don't know why the option disappeared completely in your device. Did you install sim belonging to a different region where it is not designed to work?

sansanc

Oct 1, 2014
The apk has a flaw/ bug where recording fails if you hold the phone close to the ear before the call starts. The workaround is to wait for the call to connect and then hold the phone to the ears/ use the speaker. Recording works fine then.

But I don't know why the option disappeared completely in your device. Did you install sim belonging to a different region where it is not designed to work?

I'm using the sim card i always used. The app was soft ofw orking on 8.13, but on 8.14 no option to record on the dialer.

Using the solutions from https://xdaforums.com/t/enable-nati...on-root-app-magisk-module-adb-tasker.3634292/ and oneplus apps 1.0 magisk module.

diablo090909

Aug 16, 2021
I have a One Plus N10 5G International version... And I installed the beta version of oxygen os 10 phone apk with call recording. As long as I don't restart the phone, it works. But once I restart, it says "call recording is auto disabled since the SIM region says US and not in the 4-5 countries listed". This is kinda absurd in my opinion. Why disable call recording based off region? Shouldn't the user be the one to decide to enable or not?

Reactions: XDAMaxe

sansanc

Oct 1, 2014
@Shavi_Suri If and the other guys here would prefer to have all the APKs as a standalone Magisk module (instead of using App Systemizer), let me know and I'll create one for you guys. :)

Shadow, i have you oneplus apps 1.0 installed. Contacts is crashing. Do you have an updated module? OOS 11.0.10.10 here.

I am becoming increasingly angry @ oneplus...

Or if someone has another solution for using oneplus original apps, i'm all ears.

sanangel

Jul 12, 2014
Burgos
Shadow, i have you oneplus apps 1.0 installed. Contacts is crashing. Do you have an updated module? OOS 11.0.10.10 here.

Or if someone has another solution for using oneplus original apps, i'm all ears.
See if you have accepted the call log permission in the contacts application. If you have it, deny that permission and see if it now works properly for you.

Reactions: sansanc

shadowstep

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Jun 6, 2014
Ambala Cantt
OnePlus 9R
Samsung Galaxy Watch 6

I haven't updated the module since the first release. What do you want updated in the module? The APKs?

sansanc

Oct 1, 2014
I haven't updated the module since the first release. What do you want updated in the module? The APKs?

Taking out the contacts crash issue, the module is fine. I have denied the call logs permission. Fine now.

Call recording does not work tough. But i think it's not a problem with these apks. I think oneplus changed something. I tried the call recording module, the apk, the jtoolsoneplus app, etc.

shadowstep

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Jun 6, 2014
Ambala Cantt
OnePlus 9R
Samsung Galaxy Watch 6
Taking out the contacts crash issue, the module is fine. I have denied the call logs permission. Fine now.

Call recording does not work tough. But i think it's not a problem with these apks. I think oneplus changed something. I tried the call recording module, the apk, the jtoolsoneplus app, etc.
Unfortunately I can't fix the crash issue, I made the module blind I don't have the device. Also, yes, I've seen an increase in the number of reports saying trying to manually enable call recording unofficially doesn't work with OOS 11. Seems like OnePlus did change something indeed.

Reactions: cioce and sansanc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone!!
    Greetings from my side. We were trying hard to get 100% working oneplus dialer and messaging app in oneplus 8t. and Yes, We have successfully done it.
    I am very happy to share the guide with you all :)

WITHOUT ANY ROOT METHOD: (Thanks to some anonymous help for non-rooted ;) ;) :p)
    - oos11 required
    -Please download this OnePlus Dialer: Link
    -Install it and open it, set as default.
    -Give all required permissions only.
    -Enjoy guys, this dialer app has no bugs at all.
    -If you want to use OnePlus contacts and message app please download them from old method below, these two has 1 minor bug which is not noticeable in daily life, So enjoy them at fullest without rooting your device.

Root methods below:
    Requirements:
    - oos11
    -Root
    -Magisk
    - OnePlus Apps v1.0 Module
    -Your own responsibility before following the all steps

To root your device with magisk please follow this amazing guide by @DroidFreak32 :
    - https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-8t/how-to/guide-how-to-root-oneplus8t-kb2001-t4178675

NEW METHOD(Recommended): Big thanks to @shadowstep for your contribution and providing us this amazing module.
    1. Download OnePlus Apps v1.0 Module from the above link.

2. Open Magisk App and select it to flash.

3. You will get Option which app you want to install from all three apps(Contacts, Dialer, and Messaging).
    Because few users do not want to install all of them together and only want to install a particular app.

4. You can select them using volume keys: Volume Up for Yes, Volume Down for No. (Refer Screenshot for better understanding).
    photo_2020-11-13_15-40-29.jpg

5. Reboot and voila, Apps has been installed successfully.

6. Please make them default apps and give all required permissions.

7. Clear Catch for dialer/messages/contact app before using them.

8. You are ready to go. Thank you.

Points to be noted:
    -These apps are not permanently stored in the system storage because we cannot write in the android 11 system, So do not remove/disable magisk. Wait for TWRP to come up.
    - No need to disable Module while doing OTA.
    -You will not face any issues while using these apps. Reboot will not remove these apps unless you remove/disable the magisk module manually.
    - If OnePlus dialer comes with your 8T and call recording is locked in your country, please download this app and enable it without even rooting your device. (This point is not for google dialer users).
    - Same as other OnePlus phones, you can see the recording files in the dialer settings itself (Find out screenshots below) OR
    Path: android/data/com.oneplus.communication.data/files/Record/PhoneRecord
    RR.jpg RR2.jpg

OLD METHOD:
    Please download the required dialer apk from this link:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1814cAPa4y1yP2lJfvIQwkZTmoajxuEXi?usp=sharing
    If you need messaging and contact app as well. I have shared it in the above link.

- Download the Busybox Module in magisk
    Open the hamburger menu again like before, then head to "Downloads." In the search bar, do a search for the term "busybox" to locate the next module for this guide. Tap the download arrow once, then go to "Install" to start the install process. Once finished, tap the back arrow to return to the previous screen.

-Download the App Systemizer Module
    In the search bar for the "Downloads" section, do another search for the term "app systemizer," then repeat the process like before to get the module installed. Once this one finishes installing, you can go ahead and hit the "Reboot" button at the bottom to restart your device.

-Install the Terminal App
    To use the App Systemizer module you downloaded in Step 3, you'll first need to access a terminal. The module is entirely command-line based, which is why you also needed the Busybox module — it allows you to use more advanced commands with superuser permissions.
    Play Store Link: Termux

-Store the dialer in some of your specific location which is provided in the above google drive link.

-Systemize the OnePlus Phone App
    Open the Termux app, then type in the command below, followed by: (Please do not use " in all steps below commands)
    1. "su"
    When you're prompted to do so, tap the "Grant" option to give Termux full superuser privileges to your system.
    2. Now that your superuser permissions have been granted, type in the next command followed by enter.
    "systemize"
    This command will immediately launch the App Systemizer module interface for the first time. This is easily the best way you can turn any user-installed app into a system app with minimal effort.
    3. Choose option 3 only which is via .apk (Choice 1 & 2 not working in our 8T). Choice 3 was the best way to make the dialer work in 8T.
    4. Now give the apk location. For me, I have placed the apk directly into storage. Enter the following line.
    "/storage/emulated/0/Phone_Dialer.apk"
    5. Now type 2 to install to /system/priv-app and then reboot the device.
    6. Please make oneplus dialer as default phone dialer. It is very important step.
    7. Now app has installed successfully. Please disable google dialer for now.
    8. Please give all permissions to oneplus dialer from phone settings(calls logs,contacts,files and media,microphone, phone,SMS)
    If you are facing any issue in using systemizer app, please prefer this link . This link also contains screenshots for first few steps.

If you have followed all the steps carefully, You will have a working oneplus dialer with call recording. You can enable call recording from dialer settings.

I am attaching the screenshots for your reference and I will keep updating the guide for better understanding, so please do not create multiple guides with the same steps.
    It is 100% tested and working fine. If you will face any bug, Please let everyone know in the comments below.

Telegram: t.me/OnePlus8T5G

Special thanks to: @sansanc , Abhay Singh Gill, KunalShah and @Bewildered Wolf
    It is for Oneplus only, can't you read?

Not working on my Nintendo Switch, please help 😂
    For anyone having problem with Contacts app crashing: try installing OnePlus Contacts 4.0.0.0.210628160123.a26a269
    Download from: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/onepl...-0-210628160123-a26a269-android-apk-download/

For me it's working on a rooted phone. First i used to deny the call log, but i installed this version, cleared cache, give it call log permission and it worked :D
    If the app can be installed and works fine on un-rooted phones, what is the need for the Magisk route on rooted phones?
    Hi,
    Root method was developed before non rooted method.
    Also many users wants to use message app and contact app without any bugs. So root method is helpful in that scenario.
    You can install message and contact app in non rooted too but there are some bugs in both. So root is required for these two to use without any bug.

Unfortunately I can't fix the crash issue, I made the module blind I don't have the device. Also, yes, I've seen an increase in the number of reports saying trying to manually enable call recording unofficially doesn't work with OOS 11. Seems like OnePlus did change something indeed.