[GUIDE][HOWTO] Install Xposed on Verizon G4

Search This thread

bkrickles

Sep 18, 2010
Smithtown, N.Y.
For those interested, I rigged the date on flashfire, flashed v73 over v71, and it worked flawlessly.
Thank you geoff for confirming this would work.
It still goes through it's almost 30 minute flash process, which is a little disconcerting, but it works just fine and saves some steps.
I'm not sure what this new version is supposed to improve but I now have it.
Thanks again

Reactions: geoff5093

geoff5093

Jun 13, 2011
For those interested, I rigged the date on flashfire, flashed v73 over v71, and it worked flawlessly.
Thank you geoff for confirming this would work.
It still goes through it's almost 30 minute flash process, which is a little disconcerting, but it works just fine and saves some steps.
I'm not sure what this new version is supposed to improve but I now have it.
Thanks again
Glad to hear it! I was nervous as well as I recalled the first time I did this the screen was only black for maybe 10 minutes, but when updating it was over 15 so I was getting nervous, but it went through fine in the end.

I heard it is supposed to help with some battery issues, but my battery dies just as quick or quicker than it did before :(

geoff5093

Jun 13, 2011
So I had to factory reset my phone. When i went back and reflashed xposed, I did it from memory. I forgot to set the phones clock back prior to aug 31. What kind of problems is that going to create?
Nothing, you only need to do that if FlashFire quits when you launch it, which is because the program is a beta version which expires on August 31st.

sefirosu0522

Apr 3, 2011
Just ran through this and the download I grabbed is xposed-v74-sdk22-arm64.zip. This did not take a half hour. It took like 3 minutes. Is that normal?

Edit. Well it seemed to work. Not sure why it was so short.

Last edited:

SpinningHook

May 13, 2011
Omaha, NE
I have FlashFire downloaded directly from Google Play and the most recently updated version, 9/9/15, works without any issues for me. If it doesn't work for you, reset the date in your phone settings to before 8/31/15 and that should work.

Mystikalrush

May 1, 2011
The latest flashfire version doesn't require you to do the time change step. I installed xposed for the first time 2 days ago, and it went perfectly fine with no time changing required.

Sent from my VS986 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Ban-Hammer

rjharding

Apr 2, 2014
I followed all the instructions and I'm up to 45 minutes waiting for V74 to flash over V71.

Any ideas? Should I do a batter pull? If so, how long should I wait?

ViperGeek

Sep 12, 2008
Merrimack, NH
I followed all the instructions and I'm up to 45 minutes waiting for V74 to flash over V71.

When I initially installed v73, it took two full episodes of The Big Bang Theory (IOW, almost an hour) for my phone to reboot. I think pulling the battery while FlashFire is working its magic would be incredibly bad.

I assume you had a nice, full charge on your battery before starting?

- Dave

geoff5093

Jun 13, 2011
The latest flashfire version doesn't require you to do the time change step. I installed xposed for the first time 2 days ago, and it went perfectly fine with no time changing required.

Sent from my VS986 using XDA Free mobile app
It required it when I updated this post on 9/7, when did the new update come out? I haven't received an update since then.

That's not TOO abnormal, it took me over 30 minutes to finish. I also flashed v74 over v73 and it took about 20-25 minutes. Do not do a battery pull, it's nerve-wracking but that's why you need to be very patient with this. Assuming your battery wasn't almost dead of course.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I want to start off that I was not involved in the development of Xposed. I am simply providing a step-by-step guide with photos to make it easier to follow, as some people have expressed concern over which file they need to flash and so forth.

The guide is based off of the original G4 Xposed thread here.

*Before you get started, make sure your phone is fully charged and you have at least 30 minutes where you can be without your phone, as this process takes 20-30 minutes to complete. You also need root for this to work. There is always a chance your phone may need to be restored, so insure all your data is backed up, however this should not wipe any data.*

UPDATE 10/9/15:
    The instructions below have been updated to reflect the latest official version of Xposed for Lollipop 5.1.

If you've installed the earlier v71 version of Xposed and would like to upgrade, all you need to do is flash the latest xposed-v79-sdk22-arm64.zip file using FlashFire.

Step 1:
    Download the Xposed Framework (xposed-v79-sdk22-arm64.zip) from here.
    Download the Xposed installer (XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk) from here.
    Download FlashFire* from here.
    *You will need to follow the links in the first post to join the FlashFire community, wait a few minutes, then click the Play Store link to become a tester. After ~5 minutes the download link will become live for you to download FlashFire.

Step 2:
    Copy the two Xposed files to your internal storage (not MicroSD card!)

Step 3:
    Install FlashFire on your phone.

Step 4:
    Launch FlashFire
    Grant root permissions
    Click on the "+" in the bottom right
    Click "Flash ZIP or OTA"
    Select the path to where you downloaded the Xposed framework, and click on the file.
    DO NOT select Auto-Mount, leave it unchecked.

Step 5:
    Click "FLASH". Note, this may take ~30 minutes. After you click flash, your phone will appear to shut off. DO NOT touch your phone during this process. Around 15 minutes later, you will see commands being run and files copying, then it will appear to be off for another 15 minutes. Afterwards it will boot back into the OS.

Step 6:
    Once you are booted back into the OS, install the Xposed Installer that you previously downloaded by launching it.

Finished!
    You now have Xposed!
    Try using FlashFire v.24. There have been a few people having trouble flashing Xposed using the latest FlashFire version.

Actually, the latest FlashFire version 0.31 does work provided you use the following settings in FlashFire:
    - uncheck automount
    - uncheck mount system read/write
    The mount system read/write did not exist in 0.24 and is the reason people are having trouble flashing Xposed due to the setting being checked by default.

The difference between 0.24 and 0.31 is that flashing is like night and day. In 0.24, it took ages but in 0.31, it took 2 minutes total and this is with Xposed v81 which I just flashed on my LG G4 VS986 Verizon Wireless running 13b Lollipop 5.1.
    Using 78 here with no problem. Maybe it's already been mentioned but G4 tweaks box from the main LG G 4 forum works great on our device so no need to mess with gravity box. Has circle battery mod and a ton of other tweaks. Using that with greenify and YouTube as blocker and havnt had a single problem
    Check it out
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/development/xposed-1-0-beta1g4-tweaksboxtheme-call-t3205820
    Thanks for the screenshots and concise instructions! Helped being re-assured of the steps I needed to take throughout the entire process. You cannot go wrong if you follow these steps.

Thanks again! :)
    Glad to help! I find screenshots and detailed instructions are easier to follow, than simple being told "Flash the zip with FlashFire". :)
    I had Xposed Framework v80 and XposedInstaller_3.0 _alpha4.apk I then noticed there was a new XposedInstaller_3.1.apk

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3034811

I downloaded and installed the new Installer, then used it to update the framework using the INSTALL/UPDATE option on the Framework tab to v86. That seemed to be a bad idea in my case, because the phone would not boot up all the way. I never got the option to enter my security screenlock PIN.

Fortunately, I was able to get the phone to adb prompt via USB/PC. I was able to disable the Xposed Framework v86 using adb to create the file named "disabled" in /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf .

Rebooted the phone, downloaded and install the latest Xposed Framework uninstaller, rebooted, and used FlashFire again to install v86. For the last actions, I had also decided to update to the latest FlashFire v0.53 - both "Auto-mount" and "Mount/system read/write" were unchecked when I used it.

So Xposed Framework v86 and XposedInstaller_3.1.apk both seem to be fine on my VS986 running 13B rooted for the moment :) . Unless someone here says it works, I would avoid using the new Xposed installer to INSTALL/UPDATE the framework on a VS986 like I did, since it hung up my phone. :) The new installer also has a UNINSTALL option for the framework, but I don't know if it work and not going to try it :) .

Hope this helps someone, as it sucked up a lot of my time going through this. :)

UPDATE: Now there is a new XposedInstaller_3.1.1.apk (new between last night and today). I am currently using it on my VS986.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone