[GUIDE] [HOWTO] Return to stock for Huawei Watch

Search This thread

bramgg

May 12, 2009
I had the MM kernel of Skin1980 installed on my watch. Yesterday I got a pop-up for the 1.5 OTA. After accepting it for installation the watch restarted and displayed Andy laying down with a big exclamation mark. Some time later the watch restarted with stock 1.4 like it was. Since I flashed the kernel from Skin I figured I needed to flash my way back to stock to be able to install 1.5.

So, I've followed the instructions in the OP and all went well. When I flashed the system.img I got the file sparce blabla. However, I waited a couple of seconds and the installation continued, what seemed to me like it was installing it in parts (if that makes sense).

So I reverted back to 1.3 and there was an update to 1.4 waiting for me. But after updating the watch doesn't seem to fetch the 1.5 update anymore. Is this a known issue, or will the update automatically pop-up again?

[EDIT] NVM, after scanning for the update for the 100+ time, I can finally update..

Last edited:

dailol

Aug 8, 2012
I need help with my watch. Currently it is in bootloop. I am unable to get pass the bootloader because I do not think USB debugging/adb is enabled on my device. Is there anyway to fix this issue?

Last edited:

cameljockey1

Aug 4, 2011
Arlington
I need help with my watch. Currently it is in bootloop. I am unable to get pass the bootloader because I do not think USB debugging/adb is enabled on my device. Is there anyway to fix this issue?

If your bootloader is unlocked you should be able to flash through the bootloader. To get to the bootloader hold down the watch button until it restarts. Keep held and then right after the vibrate let go and do a quick press on the button again. Then you can run the command.

dailol

Aug 8, 2012
If your bootloader is unlocked you should be able to flash through the bootloader. To get to the bootloader hold down the watch button until it restarts. Keep held and then right after the vibrate let go and do a quick press on the button again. Then you can run the command.

I can get to bootloader just fine. My PC does not recognize the watch. When the watch is connected to the PC, I check the device manger and it shows up as unknown device. Tried updating drivers with SDK tools and also tried using PDAnet and both do not work. Does it matter if I use the OEM charger vs a 3rd party charger?

cameljockey1

Aug 4, 2011
Arlington
I can get to bootloader just fine. My PC does not recognize the watch. When the watch is connected to the PC, I check the device manger and it shows up as unknown device. Tried updating drivers with SDK tools and also tried using PDAnet and both do not work. Does it matter if I use the OEM charger vs a 3rd party charger?

You should use the OEM charger always when trying to talk to the watch. Answer these questions for me.
1. Is your bootloader unlock?
2. Do you have custom recovery?
3. What were you trying to do before it started bootlooping

dailol

Aug 8, 2012
You should use the OEM charger always when trying to talk to the watch. Answer these questions for me.
1. Is your bootloader unlock?
2. Do you have custom recovery?
3. What were you trying to do before it started bootlooping

1. Bootloader is locked
2. It is on stock rocvery
3. Watch died and went into bootloop

Now whenever I go into bootloader, PC will not recognize the device at all. Before, PC would detect the device being connected and shows unknown device. Now it will not recognize the watch at all.

cameljockey1

Aug 4, 2011
Arlington
1. Bootloader is locked
2. It is on stock rocvery
3. Watch died and went into bootloop

Now whenever I go into bootloader, PC will not recognize the device at all. Before, PC would detect the device being connected and shows unknown device. Now it will not recognize the watch at all.

From the bootloader. Hit the side button until it say recovery. Then hold down the button to get into recovery. Then Factory reset it.

poorak

Jun 4, 2007
huawei cs are waste of time...still waiting for them to get back to me about the issues i had few months ago !
have you tried whats in #119 ?

thag

Feb 2, 2010
Hi guys, since the development is started i think that we also need a way to restore the watch to the stock FW.

HOWTO:

- download from the following links the boot, recovery and system image;
- reboot to fastboot and:
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img

and then go to recovery and do a wipe data / factory reset.

EDIT:

For some strange reason the system img flash didn't work properly on a device i could test. Here is the workaround:
If it reboots all the time go back to fastboot and run
Code:
fastboot -w
and then reboot to recovery and wipe

1- First of all download the TWRP from the other thread and fastboot boot it:
Code:
fastboot boot TWRP2.8.7.0-Sturgeon.img

2 - Then push the system.img in the sdcard so:
Code:
adb push system.img /sdcard/

3 - Now flash it:
Code:
adb shell
dd if=/sdcard/system.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system

4 - reboot

Link:

https://mega.nz/#!rgRQHRrb!lgQCvqH-qkuqitPRRXfCad29MdmJ6ynaUHJDr0hjeLM
https://mega.nz/#!ahgjxA4R!y8Hb0CBVBRwUr0tA3HeFrrqh0ALAiMyqJu0pLsBsAD8
https://mega.nz/#!2pYVBDpA!wQJT8LDcffk7uxEmrsqna6MKWIODD-FqBO_k4Poml7g

smentoma

Nov 21, 2010
Hy. I have a big problem. I flash negalite 1.8.. it was the last version at the time. It work splendid for couple days. Than i recieve and install an update over negalite rooted watch. I stop recieving any notification. I try everything. Wipe from system recovery and from twrp. The watch is updating and install all but i dont recieve notification anymore. It conect and find watch very slow. Watchmaker sometimes dont work. I try restore an old stock image. work first than recieve update after that no notification. The problem started when i install negalite but it is posible to be a rom phone problem cause in androd wear app show two huawei device. I uninstall aw but same problem. I will stay on stock and this phone rom until i will recieve my note 7. rom.
Until then please give me a link to latest update stock image link. I want to flash latest stock with adb. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-A710F using Tapatalk

Pkt_Lnt

Recognized Contributor
Dec 26, 2011
SLO
Hy. I have a big problem. I flash negalite 1.8.. it was the last version at the time. It work splendid for couple days. Than i recieve and install an update over negalite rooted watch. I stop recieving any notification. I try everything. Wipe from system recovery and from twrp. The watch is updating and install all but i dont recieve notification anymore. It conect and find watch very slow. Watchmaker sometimes dont work. I try restore an old stock image. work first than recieve update after that no notification. The problem started when i install negalite but it is posible to be a rom phone problem cause in androd wear app show two huawei device. I uninstall aw but same problem. I will stay on stock and this phone rom until i will recieve my note 7. rom.
Until then please give me a link to latest update stock image link. I want to flash latest stock with adb. Thanks in advance.

I replied to you in the Negalite ROM thread, but here is the link to stock, the 2nd one under Huawei.
https://developer.android.com/wear/preview/downloads.html

That is version 1.4, the latest complete image available. You can find the three patches that will update you to version 1.5 and the July and August security updates are linked in Huawei watch forum if you search

Reactions: jarreau

shaxs

Aug 16, 2010
hi
i managed to get mine working as well ! (Thanks to abhanli, pkt_lnt and skin180)

make sure you are in fastboot menu on your watch (holding the power button till switches off and the pressing again after vibrates)

most important thing next is to press shift and right click anywhere in the adb folder on your computer, and then run command prompt from there, otherwise adb will not load up and you will think that you have just run a dodgy script !

unlock your bootloader (typing "Fastboot Oem Unlock" in the command prompt in adb folder)

then you can use steps of skin180 (link above)
OR

scroll down to huawei watch and choose second download option (non preview image for after testing) (thanks pkt_lnt)

extract into your adb folder (located in c:\)
then using the command prompt in adb folder, navigate to that extracted folder (using dos commands)
then if you are on windows, type "flash-all.bat"

hey presto - will work !
when it reboots, you may think "darn it still has spinning dots !" but if you wait about 5-10 mins it progresses past that stage and comes up with welcome screen !

My watch is working again !
HUAWEI customer services are a pile of POO. Their repair centre in UK is waste of time. They never answer the phone and never reply to messages.
If the Huawei watch wasnt so beautiful, i'd never bother with them !

Good luck and thanks all.

OMG! Thank you. I finally fixed my watch after months!!

Reactions: patentesq

Pher3ona

Apr 5, 2017
I have a chinese version i want to convert it to english. In twrp the adb sideload option is not working so cannot push the system.img file to sdcard. Can you please give a solution?

Same problem here...
I can get to bootloader mood..
And ADB is working...
Nothing works in TWRP..
it's like there are no files in the watch any more..
Yet no command can make the watch work..
What can it do??

Edit.. I flashed TWRP and now I don't see the Android logo.. Every bootloader ends with TWRP mood.. Still I can get to bootloader mood.
Edit... After reading many posts... I think I need the system.img in zip.. Maybe this will work..
If any one have it please share

Last edited:

jimmi61

Oct 20, 2006
My Watch do not synchronize with telephone

I repeated the operation several times always with the same result :(

Everything goes fine, the watch reboot, it pairs with my telephone after that I may see (in italian) "Sincronizzazione... 1 di 17". It goes until 8 of 17, stays there for several minutes then exit.

The result is that several applications are missing (whatsapp,wechat, messenger etc.) and the time is wrong i.e. the minutes are ok but the hour is random.

How may I fix it?

Thanks in advance
Jimmi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, since the development is started i think that we also need a way to restore the watch to the stock FW.

HOWTO:

- download from the following links the boot, recovery and system image;
    - reboot to fastboot and:
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash system system.img

and then go to recovery and do a wipe data / factory reset.

EDIT:

For some strange reason the system img flash didn't work properly on a device i could test. Here is the workaround:

1- First of all download the TWRP from the other thread and fastboot boot it:
    Code:
    fastboot boot TWRP2.8.7.0-Sturgeon.img

2 - Then push the system.img in the sdcard so:
    Code:
    adb push system.img /sdcard/

3 - Now flash it:
    Code:
    adb shell
    dd if=/sdcard/system.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system

4 - reboot

Link:

https://mega.nz/#!rgRQHRrb!lgQCvqH-qkuqitPRRXfCad29MdmJ6ynaUHJDr0hjeLM
    https://mega.nz/#!ahgjxA4R!y8Hb0CBVBRwUr0tA3HeFrrqh0ALAiMyqJu0pLsBsAD8
    https://mega.nz/#!2pYVBDpA!wQJT8LDcffk7uxEmrsqna6MKWIODD-FqBO_k4Poml7g
    hi
    i managed to get mine working as well ! (Thanks to abhanli, pkt_lnt and skin180)

make sure you are in fastboot menu on your watch (holding the power button till switches off and the pressing again after vibrates)

most important thing next is to press shift and right click anywhere in the adb folder on your computer, and then run command prompt from there, otherwise adb will not load up and you will think that you have just run a dodgy script !

unlock your bootloader (typing "Fastboot Oem Unlock" in the command prompt in adb folder)

then you can use steps of skin180 (link above)
    OR

scroll down to huawei watch and choose second download option (non preview image for after testing) (thanks pkt_lnt)

extract into your adb folder (located in c:\)
    then using the command prompt in adb folder, navigate to that extracted folder (using dos commands)
    then if you are on windows, type "flash-all.bat"

hey presto - will work !
    when it reboots, you may think "darn it still has spinning dots !" but if you wait about 5-10 mins it progresses past that stage and comes up with welcome screen !

My watch is working again !
    HUAWEI customer services are a pile of POO. Their repair centre in UK is waste of time. They never answer the phone and never reply to messages.
    If the Huawei watch wasnt so beautiful, i'd never bother with them !

Good luck and thanks all.
    I'm uploading a zip file that can be flashed with twrp. It might restore stock system, boot and recovery so, after the flash, you should only relock bootloader anda you are good to go.

It's untested so only people that know how to restore the watch should try it.

Like i said, i dont own this watch so i can't test for you. Sorry.

https://mega.nz/#!vkBSCR4C!hZzbAMe7PZPBG88Bfm3mBi6hAfDHCpLMArIwpY6xhHc
    I'm getting the same exact issue while trying to follow the steps from skin1980

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

I was having the same issue when you go to mount you will notice that the storage space is 0k
    When you go to TWRP go to Wipe>Format Data> type "yes" hit Done now when you go to mount you should see the internal storage space go up to 2535 or something close to that. Now try following the steps of copying the system.img to /sdcard/ and then the adb push. mine copies the files and everything but when I try to reboot I get this quick flash in recovery. I can't see what it is. It looks like it saying "error to mount '/cache/'

Use this link. https://developer.android.com/wear/preview/downloads.html
    Scroll down to the Huawei watch
    Choose the second download link to get MEC23L "Non-preview image (for after testing)"

Decompress it into your fastboot directory and use the flash-all.bat to restore to stock.

This is the Google watch image and is much easier.