[GUIDE] [HOWTO] Return to stock for Huawei Watch

Search This thread

kjames2001

Oct 22, 2011
I followed your instructions step by step after the method explained in the first post didn't work (bootloop: constantly showing the moving colored dots of the Google Logo).
first I thought you made a mistake in 1. and 2. because you flash the system not the boot image and the recovery. But I also tried:
1. fastboot flash boot boot.img
2. fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
That didn't make a difference.
However I result in another bootloop where the attached image is shown every few seconds for less than half a second.
Step 6 doesn't seem to work for me as I always get the error "mount ... (e.g. cache) failed" and the whole process failed. I wiped both caches with the advanced wipe. Format data is also showing me the error "mount ... failed" but says succeed in the end.
I attached the fastboot/adb log. Maybe someone can help me. Thanks in advantage :)

Edit: attached image failed to load
This is for huawei watch first generation, not the 2nd generation or any other watch.

I followed your instructions step by step after the method explained in the first post didn't work (bootloop: constantly showing the moving colored dots of the Google Logo).
first I thought you made a mistake in 1. and 2. because you flash the system not the boot image and the recovery. But I also tried:
1. fastboot flash boot boot.img
2. fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
That didn't make a difference.
However I result in another bootloop where the attached image is shown every few seconds for less than half a second.
Step 6 doesn't seem to work for me as I always get the error "mount ... (e.g. cache) failed" and the whole process failed. I wiped both caches with the advanced wipe. Format data is also showing me the error "mount ... failed" but says succeed in the end.
I attached the fastboot/adb log. Maybe someone can help me. Thanks in advantage :)

Edit: attached image failed to load

In order to be able to mount cache, you need to go through the Format Storage options in TWRP until it sticks. I went through all of them until I reached Fat32 or ExFat2, the watch used to be ExFat4. After every attempt, try to mount cache.
Afterwards install stock OS
At least that it was made it work for me, changing the Format option of the internal storage.

Reactions: Vanillezucker

Vanillezucker

Jun 8, 2018
Münster
OnePlus 5
In order to be able to mount cache, you need to go through the Format Storage options in TWRP until it sticks. I went through all of them until I reached Fat32 or ExFat2, the watch used to be ExFat4. After every attempt, try to mount cache.
Afterwards install stock OS
At least that it was made it work for me, changing the Format option of the internal storage.

Awesome dude! It worked. I needed some time to find the format options (wipe-advanced-repair-ext4) but I got it. Thanks a lot, you really helped me :)
But I would correct your flashing instructions to "fastboot flash boot boot.img" and "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img".

Echo113

Jan 17, 2011
Pittsburgh!! 412!!
Resolution:
Eventually I tried this Thread's procedure the following way:
1.fastboot flash system boot.img
2.fastboot flash system recovery.img
3.fastboot boot TWRP2.8.7.0-Sturgeon.img ->it will boot into TWRP->remove watch from the cradle and put it back.
4.adb push system.img /sdcard/
5.adb shell dd if=/sdcard/system.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system and at this step you need to wait a LOT. It took about 20min.
6. Wipe cache/factory reset
7. reboot
8. Wait to see if it actually works. If it does without errors then do not forget about the last step.
9.Fastboot OEM lock

Ive tried every step to the T and when i reboot, it comes back to twrp. I definitely messed up something when i tried to factory reset after adding custom recovery.

ste3888

Nov 6, 2018
from China to English Rom

Hi guys, since the development is started i think that we also need a way to restore the watch to the stock FW.

HOWTO:

- download from the following links the boot, recovery and system image;
- reboot to fastboot and:
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img

and then go to recovery and do a wipe data / factory reset.

EDIT:

For some strange reason the system img flash didn't work properly on a device i could test. Here is the workaround:

1- First of all download the TWRP from the other thread and fastboot boot it:
Code:
fastboot boot TWRP2.8.7.0-Sturgeon.img

2 - Then push the system.img in the sdcard so:
Code:
adb push system.img /sdcard/

3 - Now flash it:
Code:
adb shell
dd if=/sdcard/system.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system

4 - reboot

Link:

https://mega.nz/#!rgRQHRrb!lgQCvqH-qkuqitPRRXfCad29MdmJ6ynaUHJDr0hjeLM
https://mega.nz/#!ahgjxA4R!y8Hb0CBVBRwUr0tA3HeFrrqh0ALAiMyqJu0pLsBsAD8
https://mega.nz/#!2pYVBDpA!wQJT8LDcffk7uxEmrsqna6MKWIODD-FqBO_k4Poml7g

from China to English Rom
hi i understand that china rom is without Wifi and google function. Can i know after flash to english rom will unlock these all function same like those international rom can fully use all function as normal?

ahecht

Oct 23, 2010
My watch was just showing a black screen this morning. I could bring up Google Assistant by long pressing the side button, but nothing else responded. I did a reboot by holding the side button for 10 seconds, but that just made it completely unresponsive. When I plug it into my computer, it showed up in the Device Manager as QHUSB_BULK. I was able to installed the Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 drivers and QPST, but I can only find the prog_emmc_firehose.mbn programmer file for the Huawei Watch 2. Do these files exist for the Huawei Watch 1? Is there any other way to recover my watch from this state?

Demonmk2

May 22, 2019
everything working fine up till i get to the adb push system.img /sdcard/
then I get a protocol failure- I do not get why, spent all evening on this so far

SirDigitalKnight

Jul 12, 2012
Jardin
Smart Watches
Amazon Fire
Re-locking the bootloader
To re-lock the bootloader:

For newer devices (2015 and higher):
fastboot flashing lock

For older devices (2014 and lower):
fastboot oem lock

I used the second method to lock my bootloader on my Orig Huawei watch.

You have to put the watch in fastboot mode and connect it to you PC with the charging/USB cable.

"Get into fastboot on the Huawei watch, by:
Hold the power button down until watch reboots, and keep holding it.
Wait for the vibration. Right at the end of the vibration, release the power button, then immediately tap it.
It should instantly take you into fastboot mode on screen. If not, you weren't quick enough."

Took me a couple of try's but got it to go into fastboot so do not give up.

Muhammad Ellatakany

Dec 21, 2020
Good day All colleagues
Please note that I've Huawei watch Gt FTN-B19
Greek version
And while paired to phone it didn't change language only to English
Could and professionals here had experience in this situation?:(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, since the development is started i think that we also need a way to restore the watch to the stock FW.

HOWTO:

- download from the following links the boot, recovery and system image;
    - reboot to fastboot and:
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash system system.img

and then go to recovery and do a wipe data / factory reset.

EDIT:

For some strange reason the system img flash didn't work properly on a device i could test. Here is the workaround:

1- First of all download the TWRP from the other thread and fastboot boot it:
    Code:
    fastboot boot TWRP2.8.7.0-Sturgeon.img

2 - Then push the system.img in the sdcard so:
    Code:
    adb push system.img /sdcard/

3 - Now flash it:
    Code:
    adb shell
    dd if=/sdcard/system.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system

4 - reboot

Link:

https://mega.nz/#!rgRQHRrb!lgQCvqH-qkuqitPRRXfCad29MdmJ6ynaUHJDr0hjeLM
    https://mega.nz/#!ahgjxA4R!y8Hb0CBVBRwUr0tA3HeFrrqh0ALAiMyqJu0pLsBsAD8
    https://mega.nz/#!2pYVBDpA!wQJT8LDcffk7uxEmrsqna6MKWIODD-FqBO_k4Poml7g
    hi
    i managed to get mine working as well ! (Thanks to abhanli, pkt_lnt and skin180)

make sure you are in fastboot menu on your watch (holding the power button till switches off and the pressing again after vibrates)

most important thing next is to press shift and right click anywhere in the adb folder on your computer, and then run command prompt from there, otherwise adb will not load up and you will think that you have just run a dodgy script !

unlock your bootloader (typing "Fastboot Oem Unlock" in the command prompt in adb folder)

then you can use steps of skin180 (link above)
    OR
    https://developer.android.com/wear/preview/downloads.html

scroll down to huawei watch and choose second download option (non preview image for after testing) (thanks pkt_lnt)

extract into your adb folder (located in c:\)
    then using the command prompt in adb folder, navigate to that extracted folder (using dos commands)
    then if you are on windows, type "flash-all.bat"

hey presto - will work !
    when it reboots, you may think "darn it still has spinning dots !" but if you wait about 5-10 mins it progresses past that stage and comes up with welcome screen !

My watch is working again !
    HUAWEI customer services are a pile of POO. Their repair centre in UK is waste of time. They never answer the phone and never reply to messages.
    If the Huawei watch wasnt so beautiful, i'd never bother with them !

Good luck and thanks all.
    I'm uploading a zip file that can be flashed with twrp. It might restore stock system, boot and recovery so, after the flash, you should only relock bootloader anda you are good to go.

It's untested so only people that know how to restore the watch should try it.

Like i said, i dont own this watch so i can't test for you. Sorry.

https://mega.nz/#!vkBSCR4C!hZzbAMe7PZPBG88Bfm3mBi6hAfDHCpLMArIwpY6xhHc
    I'm getting the same exact issue while trying to follow the steps from skin1980

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

I was having the same issue when you go to mount you will notice that the storage space is 0k
    When you go to TWRP go to Wipe>Format Data> type "yes" hit Done now when you go to mount you should see the internal storage space go up to 2535 or something close to that. Now try following the steps of copying the system.img to /sdcard/ and then the adb push. mine copies the files and everything but when I try to reboot I get this quick flash in recovery. I can't see what it is. It looks like it saying "error to mount '/cache/'

Use this link. https://developer.android.com/wear/preview/downloads.html
    Scroll down to the Huawei watch
    Choose the second download link to get MEC23L "Non-preview image (for after testing)"

Decompress it into your fastboot directory and use the flash-all.bat to restore to stock.

This is the Google watch image and is much easier.