Search This thread

xda___

Aug 11, 2013
help please

bootloop i think, stuck on (miui) splash screen. "running miui"

can't figure out how to get into twrp?

SpatulaCity

Nov 20, 2014
Complete Noob here. I just want to root the device so that I can run lagfix because my y300-0100 (International Version - purchased on London)is quite slow now.

I've followed various instructions online and here and can't get my Windows 7 PC to recognize the phone. I have an unlock code from Huawei already but when I hold down the volume down button for 10 seconds and power the phone my PC never seems to find drivers to install. I get a device failed to install message and device manager lists Android as an Other device but with a yellow exclamation mark next to it.

I can get the PC to detect the phone's memory cards when I don't hold the volume down button. I've used the Huawei driver program install utility successfully, but my machine still does not detect this device.

Do I need to reboot my machine to make the drivers work?
Any help would be appreciated.

krule031

Last edited:

Akrolyte

Dec 13, 2014
Anybody knows whether it is possible to root an Ascend Y300 II which comes with Firefox OS and install an android version on it? As far as I can tell, the Ascend Y300 and the Y300 II are the same phone but with different OS. Help please!

Adge40

Sep 8, 2013
Redmi Note 10S
I flashed Firefox custom Rom os from Modaco site from android using twrp and then back to android,is there a recovery for Firefox os???

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Complete Noob here. I just want to root the device so that I can run lagfix because my y300-0100 (International Version - purchased on London)is quite slow now.

I've followed various instructions online and here and can't get my Windows 7 PC to recognize the phone. I have an unlock code from Huawei already but when I hold down the volume down button for 10 seconds and power the phone my PC never seems to find drivers to install. I get a device failed to install message and device manager lists Android as an Other device but with a yellow exclamation mark next to it.

I can get the PC to detect the phone's memory cards when I don't hold the volume down button. I've used the Huawei driver program install utility successfully, but my machine still does not detect this device.

Do I need to reboot my machine to make the drivers work?
Any help would be appreciated.

I never used a pc,I installed from play store 'hauwei bootloader unlock' app(a couple of clicks) then rooted using vroot app(another few clicks)

vinz2015

Feb 16, 2015
looking for sim unlocking tool

alternative unlocking method - see post #252

also applicable to many different phones - for free

please see : dc-unlocker.com/buy/dongle_price

sir good day i am a new member here at xda, i have a problem on my sim cause it's lock on the same network if i put other sim it request for the code to unlock it how would i do to unlock my phone to other network? this have any software for this thanks have a nice day

vinz2015

Sid_j

Jan 12, 2015
www.tunedm.blogspot.com
Hey there, I recently installed the Firefox OS for my phone which messed up with the baseband of my phone and therefore I flashed a new one manually but now I cannot hang up calls and need to restart the phone to make or receive any call after any call. I've tried clearing all sorts of data, flashed new roms, basebands but neither of them helped.
Please help me........please..!!!!!
Device- Huawei Ascend Y300-0100
By the way I'm from India

Sent from my Redmi 1S using XDA Free mobile app

mehdi0098

Sep 2, 2015
bootloader

Hi
I unlocked my bootloader
now i want to install stock rom but i cant
What can i do
plz help me

overkill22

May 15, 2014
Trento
I'm trying to install CM11-2015071-nightly-u8833 but the installation gives me the error:
set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed

what can I do?

overkill22

May 15, 2014
Trento
Must say that I encountered that while using this phone. Luckily I got the screen replaced for free.
Seems to be an issue with Y300, thr screen just stops working on some spots lol.

I sent it in assistance but they didnt' do anything. and I wasnì't at home so my sister just collect the phone and now the warranty is expired. should I replace only the touch screen? I saw on amazon some kind of kit for $15

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Huawei Ascend Y300 Unlock & Root [How To / Tutorial]

This great little Android 4.1 smartphone has been released to the German market a week ago. At a price tag of merely 150,00 Euro, it's a steal.

But no fun without root, right ?

Now, Huawei locks and secures the bootloader, which makes flashing a custom recovery impossible without messing with the bootloader code itself.

Luckily, i found out that you can request a bootloader unlock-token on the Chinese Huawei website. After unlocking with
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock XXX16-digits-codeXXX
    we can flash a china-made (aka chinese-language only) ClockworkMod v6.1, that has been compiled for the Y300. After installing SuperSU from CMW, you GOT ROOT.

I have written an extensive dummy-style tutorial on my tumblr blog. Unfortunately, the forum wont let me post outside links. Please go to this URL:

huawei-y300.tumblr.com

Have fun! :D
    You can't install a stock rom, because your IMEI did'nt allow it. The Y300 are saled under two different versions. The one from telefonica and the other for the open market. Open market phones can install the b176cz and the official b175 from huawei. The telefonica devices can only install the official update from huawei, but you got no triggers in the notificationbar. (But theres a fix for telefonica devices made by me, see attachment)
    The solution ist the OEM Info Hack Tool, wich craete a backup of your IMEI, write a custom IMEI, let you flash a rom (b176) and after that it restore your backuped IMEI. Now you are on b176 with telefonica devices. The readme is inside the package.

Btw, other backups and roms could be found here. But remember, it's for Huawei Y300-0100 (U8833-1)
    I'm going to buy this phone for my mother, it's good?
    Good signal? for US$ 130 is kinda'right?

For you it would be around 190$ in comparison to 150€. 1€ equals 1,31$ at the moment.

The signal is way better than my SGS+ I used before I got my Y300. And I can recommend it to everyone who is not searching for something too expensive. It runs at an average speed and the OS is nearly up-to-date with 4.1.1. The only thing which is disturbing for me is the EmotionUI 1.0 which Huawei uses. But besides that it's perfect for that price! :victory:
    still have one crazy idea what i havent tried...
    maybe shankars method can work for you.

only on your own risk!
    i would first put back the twrp and wipe out everything, i mean everything from the phone
    then reboot into bootloader mode and flash back the original recovery, which can be extracted from
    the new firmware build.
    relock the bootloader now and try the UPDATE.APP in the dload folder, booted up with both volume buttons pressed.

maybe it could work, but i can render your phone to a brick like mine, because if the update not going to finish you also not going to have other choice than sending back to service (takes around 4-6 weeks!)

i find backup of huawei y300!
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p1k3jyfhih9g2pg/Ug920rf4GO
    after restore the backup my phone was repaired:)
    It will not turn on anymore. Even after factory reset. It says "Turning Wi-Fi on..." but nothing happens.

Here's what you have to do:

1. Your bootloader must be unlocked, if it is locked, this won't help you.
    2. Download the B176 stock recovery from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dvnwg21k9ib6don/Recovery Stock [B176].rar

3. Download Android SDK:

developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

4. Go to fastboot. Hold power + up and down volumes for 10 seconds.
    5. Connect your phone to your pc.
    5.a extract the stock recovery rar and copy the recovery-new.img to the address of the next step.
    6. Go to the folder adt-bundle-windows-x86\sdk\platform-tools then hold ctrl + shift then right click on an empty space and click open command window here.
    7. Type "fastboot flash recovery recovery-new.img"
    8. Turn off your phone and turn it on again.

Then you will be redirected to the stock recovery and do some wipes and boot you into your phone. Good luck!

Sent from my B1-A71 using Tapatalk HD