[GUIDE] Huawei P10 Debrand/Rebrand/Update for Nougat&Oreo "Updated_19.5.2018"

Search This thread

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3

Huawei P10 debrand/rebrand/update GUIDE

This thread will be discontinued, because Huawei refuses to provide unlock codes in the future, because of security reasons.
A shame that after the support end of the device it will be quite useless, cause you don´t get any security updates and have no chance to make secure again, by flashing something else.
I recommend you not buy any Huaweidevices in the future cause of that.

Disclaimer:
Before you do anything (stupid), backup your data!!!! Don´t make me or others responsible, i warned you!!!!!
If you wan´t to go back to your orginial version some day, you have to backup your OEMinfo!!! Best way to that is via TWRP before the rebranding ( see details of STEP 1)
When using the follwing script, take your time and drink a cup of coffee/tea!!!! First rule, don´t panic!!! Don´t do any (unnecessary) extra steps, while using the script!!!
Be aware that the phone sometimes takes longer for a step to finish, or you get stuck on a certain procedure (maybe depending on your branding). Key is to what to do at this point e.g. how to boot manually into fastboot.
If for some reason you must restart the procedure and factory reset appeared for the step, remember to look for the debugsettings and other mandatory settings.
Please use the orginal cable that came with the device for the rebranding and not some cheap aftermarket stuff. Also make sure you USB-Port has enough power (Might be the case on some notebooks)
70% of the posts/questions here are answered, if you read the gude carefully. So do you´re job and read!!!! Yes, i know it´s a lot to read, but details will maybe save your a**
Make sure you removed security pin from the device and also remove the google-account from the device itself, so you are not triggering googlesecuritysystem on nougat or oreo.

If you have a carrier version of the singleSIM P10 (VTR-L09xxxx) and you want rebrand or debrand it, you have to use the firmware for DualSIM (VTR-L29xxxx), or you SIM won´t be recognized anymore!
The good thing is, after that, you´ll be able to use both SIM or SIM and microSD.
The provided HWOTA rom is mainly for the L29. If you want the L09 you have to replace the "update_all_hw.zip" in the update folder. If you not sure how to get, take a look in the Huawei-Forums

From Oreo to Oreo:

1. Download: @AndroidFilehost: HWOTA8_P10_B369a (Oreo) (MD5-Hash: fd330a74d22d2ef55a02bfcfdcea33ee )
All important files are inside this package!!
2. The steps for the this procedure are described here:
https://xdaforums.com/mate-9/how-to/guide-mate-9-flash-oreo-update-package-t3699522

From Nougat To Oreo (or Nougat to Nougat, if you use the older files):

STEP 1 (optional steps for the oeminfo backup are cursive)
1. Unlock your bootloader: (There´s no way around it (unfortnuately), but after the procedure your device will be locked again, so don´t worry!)
The device will make a factory reset, so once again, BACKUP your files!!!!!!!!!!
If you already unlocked your bootloader with installed twrp you can go to step 2. You don´t have to install TWRP in the following miniguide. the script installs it automatically.
But if you want to backup your system or the OEMinfo you have to do this step.
1. Request an unlock code: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeGwoQ44zqykuTfjCQrVP07JOHBYnBcAxAbz9SAVxPTFqMh9g/viewform or contact Huawei via live chat on their site.
It may take some time till you get the code. Hopefully they revamp their old unlocksite in the future, cause using a googleform seems to be temporary solutions anyways.
I also found a nice handy tool, but haven´t testet it yet on the p10 and officially it isn´t yet supported (for now only P20): https://xdaforums.com/android/software/tool-tool-one-driversunlocktwrpfactory-t3358711 If can prove that it´s working for the P10 just leave a comment in the thread here or in the orginal thread.
2 Download Hisuite and install: HiSuite
3. Enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
4. Install the ADB Minimal Installer or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and then restart if you already have the driver installed then skip this step.
5. Download TWRP for the P10
6. Now go to ADB and Fastboot installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window as an administrator
7. Connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing “adb reboot bootloader”.
8. Type “fastboot devices” in command prompt and hit enter, it gives you serial numbers in return means your phone connected properly.
10. To unlock bootloader, type fastboot oem unlock yourunlockkey. Here replace unlock key with the key you got. For example “fastboot oem unlock 1234567890″.
11. If you want TWRP at this point you have to copy the downloaded twrp.img-file into the adb directory and type fastboot flash recovery twrpimage.img If you already have oreo running on your device, you must use this updatepackage and follow the guide <.--instead of twrpimage.img type in the exact filename you´ve downloaded.
12. To restart the system type “fastboot reboot”
13. Boot into TWRP and make a Backup of the "OEMinfo" and/or the system. You should be able to that without any guide, otherwise it´s a big mistake keep reading and following this guide!!! :)

STEP 2
1. Depending on your variant (You can check with the app firmwarefinder and imei, if the update is approved) use:
@AndroidFilehost: HWOTA_P10_B369a (Oreo) (MD5-Hash: b935a84180565fb1717a46d7337f2d43 )
@AndroidFilehost: HWOTA_P10_B365 (Oreo) (MD5-Hash: dbcd30e157625fc6d709b26d49421bb6 )
@MegaUpload: HWOTA_P10_B360 (Oreo) (MD5-Hash: E75DCD3950517E517865878DF8F21679 )
Be aware, it takes some modifications to the script if you wan´t to rollback to nougat. You´ll find guides here on xda for that. So really be sure if you want the new oreo version.
Also you bootloader may stay unlocked after using the script to update to oreo. You have to relock it manually. Boot in fastboot mode and use: fastboot relock INSERTYOURUNLOCKKEYHERE. After relocking your device will once again do a factory reset.
@MegaUpload: HWOTA_P10_B180 (Nougat) (MD5-Hash: 7E11EE56E83AB98DA4DE03273A6A7633 )
@MegaUpload: HWOTA_P10_B179 (Nougat) (MD5-Hash: 7D133B7484E7B4AABA84BA1284D148EC )
some older versions of the hwota:
@MegaUpload: HWOTA_P10_B164
@MegaUpload: HWOTA_P10_B130
and extract it on your PC or your device SD Card. I recommend using 7zip.
2. Run the update.bat file from a preopended CMD with adminrights, It will ask you if you copied the files. Press any key to continue.
3. Now connect your device and Reboot into Bootloader mode using “Volume Down + Power” or just use “adb reboot bootloader” then press any key.
4. The above step will install TWRP in your device.
5. Now Disconnect USB Cable and turn off your device and use “Volume Up + Power” to enter TWRP.
6. Once you’re in TWRP mode, plug in the USB cable again and press the Enter key on your computer.
7. If your files are saved in the HWOTA folder on the SD card, type 1 and press ENTER and if files are saved in the HWOTA/Update folder on your PC, type 2 and press ENTER. I recommend using the sdcard, cause you avoid problems with cheap cables, driverproblems, etc. Make sure you sdcard is fully working and has no errors.
8. It’ll ask you the update type, again type 1 and press the Enter button twice.
9 Done! Be patient an let it do it thing.
10. If you have any problems booting, i recommend doing an low-level factory reset after.
11. Run the update.bat file as an administrator, It will ask you if you copied the files. Press any key to continue.
12. Now connect your device and Reboot into Bootloader mode using “Volume Down + Power” or just use “adb reboot bootloader” then press any key.
13. The above step will install TWRP in your device.
14. Now Disconnect USB Cable and turn off your device and use “Volume Up + Power” to enter TWRP.
15. Once you’re in TWRP mode, plug in the USB cable again and press the Enter key on your computer.
16. If your files are saved in the HWOTA folder on the SD card, type 1 and press ENTER and if files are saved in the HWOTA/Update folder on your PC, type 2 and press ENTER. I recommend using the harddrive of the pc
17. It’ll ask you the update type, again type 1 and press the Enter button twice.
18. Done! Be patient an let it do it´s thing.
19. If you have any problems booting, i recommend doing an low-level factory reset after.
20. If you are rebranding your device with this method, you have to do the whole "STEP 2" again in order to flash the new system files correctly. Also sometimes the device gets stuck on installing the new system after pushing the big updatefiles via adb. Wait 10min and if nothings happens you have to longpress the power key in order to complete.
21. After the new firmwarefiles have been pushed the device will make a factory reset, if it fails, restart the device while pressing Power+Volume up and factory reset the device from the orginal recovery. If enter TWRP at this point, something went wrong.

After that, you´ll be able to get updates directly from huawei via systemupdate or use the awesome firmware finder from the playstore.
If you wondering how to use the firmware finder, watch this guide and do it step by step: Firmware Finder Tutorial If you don´t want to rebrand/debrand this maybe enough for you!

STEP 3 (Optional Update Method 1)
If you have already unlocked your bootloader und installed TWRP, you can also use this method to install the new system update (Don´t try it if you are running oreo or wan´t to install it!! There is no stable und fully functioning version of TWRP for Oreo yet!!!):

1. Make a complete backup of your current system via twrp and save the backup to sd or your pc.
2. Download one of the Huawei P10_HWOTA files from above, save it on your device and unzip it
3. Navigate to the update folder in the HWOTA-folder and copy the 3 files to your device (sdcard recommended)
4. Now Boot your device into TWRP
5. In TWRP flash "update.zip" and don´t reboot!!!
6. Flash "update_all_hw.zip" and don´t reboot!!!
7. Flash "update_data_public.zip"
6. Wait until all files are flashed
7. Done! Reboot TWRP

STEP 4 (Optional Update Method 2):
1. download and install Firmware Finder
2. start the app and search for the exact model you want to update for example VTR-L29C432
3. Look for an FullOTA package and check with your IMEI if the device is approved, otherwise it won´t install cause huawei hasn´t signed the update for your device (IMEI) yet.
3. hit the button "inapp proxy" and setup the proxy with localhost and port 8080 in your phone´s wifi settings.
4. check for the update in systemupdate-app from huawei on your phone, start the update and pause it quickly (at 1-3%).
5. delete the proxy in your wifi settings.
6. resume the update
7. After successful download your device will reboot and install the update
If it fails there actually 3 reasons:
1. your Wifi is crap
2. you didn´t do the steps correctly
3. the firmware isn´t approved for your device, so be sure to check with imei before

(Maybe) Useful Links:
Team MT
Team MT Firmware Database for VTR-L29C432
New Huawei Multi Tool from TeamMT (Be sure to check it out, it´ll soon support the P10)
Guide for firmware finder (made by Firicel69)
OEMInfo Collections
My Other P10 Plus Thread
[TOOL] TOOL ALL IN ONE (No P10 Support yet, but you can request it)

Tips:
Pressing Power + Volume Down will launch the Fastboot Mode
Pressing Power + Volume Up will launch the Recovery Mode
Pressing Power + Volume Down with connected USB will launch the Fastboot Mode in forcemode (might useful if you can´t boot to the bootloader)
Pressing Power + Volume Down+Up will launch the forced firmwareupdate if you have the suitable updatefiles on your sdcard in a folder named "dload"
Turning your phone off and then pressing Volume Down while pluging in your USB-Cable will launch the Fastboot Mode

This whole thing was only possible because of the hard work of other heros here on xda!!
Mainly its based on the method from mankindtw [Guide] Mate 9 Flash Update Package and Rebrand
Big THX to mankindtw for the script!! Please send him some money, if you can!

Last edited:

sangsaby

Jun 21, 2016
Thanks a lot.
I plan to use your method.
Can I change the Chinese version (VTR-AL00) to VTR-L29 version in this way?

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
Thanks a lot.
I plan to use your method.
Can I change the Chinese version (VTR-AL00) to VTR-L29 version in this way?

I´m not 100% sure, but in my opionion your VTR-AL00 (should be the china version with playstore) has exactly the same hardware as the VTR-L29. Be sure to backup you system or at least only your oeminfo.
In case you rebranding doesn´t function you can revert back to your orginal version via TWRP. Maybe you should try the 636 instead of the 432, depending on your location.

Last edited:

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
Hi, i would like to rebrand to VTR-AL00, can you please send me the oem info of vtr-AL00?

Thank you

Really sure, think about it twice, most people want rebrand their phone to L09 or L29. I makes no sense to rebrand to VTR-L00, the only advantage i see, is that you get updates earlier, but in fact the other variants get really often updates too.
People with VTR-L00 bought their device cheap in china and want to rebrand because of the missing playstore, or thr missing LTE bands.
Here you can see the differences between the variants:
http://consumer.huawei.com/en/phones/p10/specs/
I´m sorry i can´t provide yoo a oeminfo for the VTR-L00.

yangsong2000

Oct 15, 2017
Really sure, think about it twice, most people want rebrand their phone to L09 or L29. I makes no sense to rebrand to VTR-L00, the only advantage i see, is that you get updates earlier, but in fact the other variants get really often updates too.
People with VTR-L00 bought their device cheap in china and want to rebrand because of the missing playstore, or thr missing LTE bands.
Here you can see the differences between the variants:
http://consumer.huawei.com/en/phones/p10/specs/
I´m sorry i can´t provide yoo a oeminfo for the VTR-L00.

Actually in VTR-AL00 you have more features and the updates are faster. Moreover, you can install play store :)

By the way in case I don't like it, I can go back to European version. But at the moment I want to try VTR-AL00!

Do you know where I can download it or do you know someone who has it?

Thank you

francisac3

Mar 17, 2008
Good day.. i am using this method.. i have one question..

what is this firmware provided?? HWOTA_P10_B164.zip

is it VTR-L29C432 or C636??

thanks!

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
good day.. I am using this method.. I have one question..

What is this firmware provided?? Hwota_p10_b164.zip

is it vtr-l29c432 or c636??

Thanks!

vtr-l29c432
Be sure to stick exactly to the steps! After its finished wait at least 15min.
If the device won´t reboot itself, you have to switch it off and maybe make a low level reset via orginal recovery, if you´re stuck in a boot loop.
Happened to me on 1 of 5 flashes.

Last edited:

francisac3

Mar 17, 2008
vtr-l29c432
Be sure to stick exactly to the steps! After its finished wait at least 15min.
If the device won´t reboot itself, you have to switch it off and maybe make a low level reset via orginal recovery, if you´re stuck in a boot loop.
Happened to me on 1 of 5 flashes.

thanks.. will try this on my vtr-tl00 chinese version.. downloading the file now

DiMeteo24

Jan 23, 2017
Rebrand p10

Hi I have VTR-L29C738B150. It is brand Polish mobile Polkomtel. I want to change to open Europe software. I try to do this like in this post but nothing happened after I am in TWRP and click enter. Please help me.

francisac3

Mar 17, 2008
what happened to the update.bat?? i cant use this.. when i open the update.bat... it only pops up then immediately close

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
Hi I have VTR-L29C738B150. It is brand Polish mobile Polkomtel. I want to change to open Europe software. I try to do this like in this post but nothing happened after I am in TWRP and click enter. Please help me.

Maybe you forgot to unplug the cable. Just repeat the steps to this point. If you however get stuck, try to flash a custom rom for the p10 from this section, at least you get your device working again.
Maybe you find a solution here: [Guide] Mate 9 Flash Update Package and Rebrand it´s the same batch from mankindtw, only with files for the p10.

Last edited:

DiMeteo24

Jan 23, 2017
Rebrand P10

Maybe you forgot to unplug the cable. Just repeat the steps to this point. If you however get stuck, try to flash a custom rom for the p10 from this section, at least you get your device working again.
Maybe you find a solution here: [Guide] Mate 9 Flash Update Package and Rebrand it´s the same batch from mankindtw, only with files for the p10.
I do all like You say. But I have a problem (I can't do backup in TWRP and while I install TWRP on the end there is a error). Maybe I shoud set something in developer option?

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
I do all like You say. But I have a problem (I can't do backup in TWRP and while I install TWRP on the end there is a error). Maybe I shoud set something in developer option?

Please read again everything in Step 1, there lies your answer how to get your TWRP and what to activate in developersettings. This step has nothing to do with the update.bat and is absolutely crucial and mandatory.
After installing TWRP the official way, make a backup and continue.

DiMeteo24

Jan 23, 2017
Rebrand P10

Please read again everything in Step 1, there lies your answer how to get your TWRP and what to activate in developersettings. This step has nothing to do with the update.bat and is absolutely crucial and mandatory.
After installing TWRP the official way, make a backup and continue.
I will show you where is the problem.
when I boot in fastboot I see something like this:
replace recovery to TVRP
target reported........
sending recovery........
OKEY
writing recovery.....
FAILED <remote:Command not allowed>

finished

after this I do all with volume up+power and nothing happened

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
I will show you where is the problem.
when I boot in fastboot I see something like this:
replace recovery to TVRP
target reported........
sending recovery........
OKEY
writing recovery.....
FAILED <remote:Command not allowed>

finished

after this I do all with volume up+power and nothing happened

O.K. now i understand, did you set OEM-Unlocking in Developer Options? It seems like you have a locked FRP and your device doesn´t allow flashing the custom recovery.
Someone already had this problem on the Mate 9:
https://xdaforums.com/mate-9/how-to/guide-mate-9-flash-update-package-t3593108/page56

DiMeteo24

Jan 23, 2017

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
I have FRP lock but I cant set OEM unlocking in developer option because it is grey (non active)

K, now we are talking. Only thing you can do is flash your rom back to stock the semi-official way:

Download the firmware finder from the playstore.
Search for your device (not the one you want rebrand to) and check with IMEI in Firmware Finder just to be sure. Here you have a guide: Firmware Finder Tutorial
If you prefer reading, you can also follow this: https://xdaforums.com/p10/how-to/guide-update-p10-via-firmware-finder-app-t3674477
Then you should be back to normal. When it´s finished you can try again, just be really sure following the steps and do no extra steps!! ....for Instance wiping something after you installed TWRP ;)
You can try the dload method instead, but i recommend doing it via firmwarefinder, simply cause it will work.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Huawei P10 debrand/rebrand/update GUIDE

This thread will be discontinued, because Huawei refuses to provide unlock codes in the future, because of security reasons.
    A shame that after the support end of the device it will be quite useless, cause you don´t get any security updates and have no chance to make secure again, by flashing something else.
    I recommend you not buy any Huaweidevices in the future cause of that.

Disclaimer:
    Before you do anything (stupid), backup your data!!!! Don´t make me or others responsible, i warned you!!!!!
    If you wan´t to go back to your orginial version some day, you have to backup your OEMinfo!!! Best way to that is via TWRP before the rebranding ( see details of STEP 1)
    When using the follwing script, take your time and drink a cup of coffee/tea!!!! First rule, don´t panic!!! Don´t do any (unnecessary) extra steps, while using the script!!!
    Be aware that the phone sometimes takes longer for a step to finish, or you get stuck on a certain procedure (maybe depending on your branding). Key is to what to do at this point e.g. how to boot manually into fastboot.
    If for some reason you must restart the procedure and factory reset appeared for the step, remember to look for the debugsettings and other mandatory settings.
    Please use the orginal cable that came with the device for the rebranding and not some cheap aftermarket stuff. Also make sure you USB-Port has enough power (Might be the case on some notebooks)
    70% of the posts/questions here are answered, if you read the gude carefully. So do you´re job and read!!!! Yes, i know it´s a lot to read, but details will maybe save your a**
    Make sure you removed security pin from the device and also remove the google-account from the device itself, so you are not triggering googlesecuritysystem on nougat or oreo.

If you have a carrier version of the singleSIM P10 (VTR-L09xxxx) and you want rebrand or debrand it, you have to use the firmware for DualSIM (VTR-L29xxxx), or you SIM won´t be recognized anymore!
    The good thing is, after that, you´ll be able to use both SIM or SIM and microSD.
    The provided HWOTA rom is mainly for the L29. If you want the L09 you have to replace the "update_all_hw.zip" in the update folder. If you not sure how to get, take a look in the Huawei-Forums

From Oreo to Oreo:

1. Download: @AndroidFilehost: HWOTA8_P10_B369a (Oreo) (MD5-Hash: fd330a74d22d2ef55a02bfcfdcea33ee )
    All important files are inside this package!!
    2. The steps for the this procedure are described here:
    https://xdaforums.com/mate-9/how-to/guide-mate-9-flash-oreo-update-package-t3699522

From Nougat To Oreo (or Nougat to Nougat, if you use the older files):

STEP 1 (optional steps for the oeminfo backup are cursive)
    1. Unlock your bootloader: (There´s no way around it (unfortnuately), but after the procedure your device will be locked again, so don´t worry!)
    The device will make a factory reset, so once again, BACKUP your files!!!!!!!!!!
    If you already unlocked your bootloader with installed twrp you can go to step 2. You don´t have to install TWRP in the following miniguide. the script installs it automatically.
    But if you want to backup your system or the OEMinfo you have to do this step.
    1. Request an unlock code: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeGwoQ44zqykuTfjCQrVP07JOHBYnBcAxAbz9SAVxPTFqMh9g/viewform or contact Huawei via live chat on their site.
    It may take some time till you get the code. Hopefully they revamp their old unlocksite in the future, cause using a googleform seems to be temporary solutions anyways.
    I also found a nice handy tool, but haven´t testet it yet on the p10 and officially it isn´t yet supported (for now only P20): https://xdaforums.com/android/software/tool-tool-one-driversunlocktwrpfactory-t3358711 If can prove that it´s working for the P10 just leave a comment in the thread here or in the orginal thread.
    2 Download Hisuite and install: HiSuite
    3. Enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
    4. Install the ADB Minimal Installer or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and then restart if you already have the driver installed then skip this step.
    5. Download TWRP for the P10
    6. Now go to ADB and Fastboot installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window as an administrator
    7. Connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing “adb reboot bootloader”.
    8. Type “fastboot devices” in command prompt and hit enter, it gives you serial numbers in return means your phone connected properly.
    10. To unlock bootloader, type fastboot oem unlock yourunlockkey. Here replace unlock key with the key you got. For example “fastboot oem unlock 1234567890″.
    11. If you want TWRP at this point you have to copy the downloaded twrp.img-file into the adb directory and type fastboot flash recovery twrpimage.img If you already have oreo running on your device, you must use this updatepackage and follow the guide <.--instead of twrpimage.img type in the exact filename you´ve downloaded.
    12. To restart the system type “fastboot reboot”
    13. Boot into TWRP and make a Backup of the "OEMinfo" and/or the system. You should be able to that without any guide, otherwise it´s a big mistake keep reading and following this guide!!! :)

STEP 2
    1. Depending on your variant (You can check with the app firmwarefinder and imei, if the update is approved) use:
    @AndroidFilehost: HWOTA_P10_B369a (Oreo) (MD5-Hash: b935a84180565fb1717a46d7337f2d43 )
    @AndroidFilehost: HWOTA_P10_B365 (Oreo) (MD5-Hash: dbcd30e157625fc6d709b26d49421bb6 )
    @MegaUpload: HWOTA_P10_B360 (Oreo) (MD5-Hash: E75DCD3950517E517865878DF8F21679 )
    Be aware, it takes some modifications to the script if you wan´t to rollback to nougat. You´ll find guides here on xda for that. So really be sure if you want the new oreo version.
    Also you bootloader may stay unlocked after using the script to update to oreo. You have to relock it manually. Boot in fastboot mode and use: fastboot relock INSERTYOURUNLOCKKEYHERE. After relocking your device will once again do a factory reset.
    @MegaUpload: HWOTA_P10_B180 (Nougat) (MD5-Hash: 7E11EE56E83AB98DA4DE03273A6A7633 )
    @MegaUpload: HWOTA_P10_B179 (Nougat) (MD5-Hash: 7D133B7484E7B4AABA84BA1284D148EC )
    some older versions of the hwota:
    @MegaUpload: HWOTA_P10_B164
    @MegaUpload: HWOTA_P10_B130
    and extract it on your PC or your device SD Card. I recommend using 7zip.
    2. Run the update.bat file from a preopended CMD with adminrights, It will ask you if you copied the files. Press any key to continue.
    3. Now connect your device and Reboot into Bootloader mode using “Volume Down + Power” or just use “adb reboot bootloader” then press any key.
    4. The above step will install TWRP in your device.
    5. Now Disconnect USB Cable and turn off your device and use “Volume Up + Power” to enter TWRP.
    6. Once you’re in TWRP mode, plug in the USB cable again and press the Enter key on your computer.
    7. If your files are saved in the HWOTA folder on the SD card, type 1 and press ENTER and if files are saved in the HWOTA/Update folder on your PC, type 2 and press ENTER. I recommend using the sdcard, cause you avoid problems with cheap cables, driverproblems, etc. Make sure you sdcard is fully working and has no errors.
    8. It’ll ask you the update type, again type 1 and press the Enter button twice.
    9 Done! Be patient an let it do it thing.
    10. If you have any problems booting, i recommend doing an low-level factory reset after.
    11. Run the update.bat file as an administrator, It will ask you if you copied the files. Press any key to continue.
    12. Now connect your device and Reboot into Bootloader mode using “Volume Down + Power” or just use “adb reboot bootloader” then press any key.
    13. The above step will install TWRP in your device.
    14. Now Disconnect USB Cable and turn off your device and use “Volume Up + Power” to enter TWRP.
    15. Once you’re in TWRP mode, plug in the USB cable again and press the Enter key on your computer.
    16. If your files are saved in the HWOTA folder on the SD card, type 1 and press ENTER and if files are saved in the HWOTA/Update folder on your PC, type 2 and press ENTER. I recommend using the harddrive of the pc
    17. It’ll ask you the update type, again type 1 and press the Enter button twice.
    18. Done! Be patient an let it do it´s thing.
    19. If you have any problems booting, i recommend doing an low-level factory reset after.
    20. If you are rebranding your device with this method, you have to do the whole "STEP 2" again in order to flash the new system files correctly. Also sometimes the device gets stuck on installing the new system after pushing the big updatefiles via adb. Wait 10min and if nothings happens you have to longpress the power key in order to complete.
    21. After the new firmwarefiles have been pushed the device will make a factory reset, if it fails, restart the device while pressing Power+Volume up and factory reset the device from the orginal recovery. If enter TWRP at this point, something went wrong.

After that, you´ll be able to get updates directly from huawei via systemupdate or use the awesome firmware finder from the playstore.
    If you wondering how to use the firmware finder, watch this guide and do it step by step: Firmware Finder Tutorial If you don´t want to rebrand/debrand this maybe enough for you!

STEP 3 (Optional Update Method 1)
    If you have already unlocked your bootloader und installed TWRP, you can also use this method to install the new system update (Don´t try it if you are running oreo or wan´t to install it!! There is no stable und fully functioning version of TWRP for Oreo yet!!!):

1. Make a complete backup of your current system via twrp and save the backup to sd or your pc.
    2. Download one of the Huawei P10_HWOTA files from above, save it on your device and unzip it
    3. Navigate to the update folder in the HWOTA-folder and copy the 3 files to your device (sdcard recommended)
    4. Now Boot your device into TWRP
    5. In TWRP flash "update.zip" and don´t reboot!!!
    6. Flash "update_all_hw.zip" and don´t reboot!!!
    7. Flash "update_data_public.zip"
    6. Wait until all files are flashed
    7. Done! Reboot TWRP

STEP 4 (Optional Update Method 2):
    1. download and install Firmware Finder
    2. start the app and search for the exact model you want to update for example VTR-L29C432
    3. Look for an FullOTA package and check with your IMEI if the device is approved, otherwise it won´t install cause huawei hasn´t signed the update for your device (IMEI) yet.
    3. hit the button "inapp proxy" and setup the proxy with localhost and port 8080 in your phone´s wifi settings.
    4. check for the update in systemupdate-app from huawei on your phone, start the update and pause it quickly (at 1-3%).
    5. delete the proxy in your wifi settings.
    6. resume the update
    7. After successful download your device will reboot and install the update
    If it fails there actually 3 reasons:
    1. your Wifi is crap
    2. you didn´t do the steps correctly
    3. the firmware isn´t approved for your device, so be sure to check with imei before

(Maybe) Useful Links:
    Team MT
    Team MT Firmware Database for VTR-L29C432
    New Huawei Multi Tool from TeamMT (Be sure to check it out, it´ll soon support the P10)
    Guide for firmware finder (made by Firicel69)
    OEMInfo Collections
    My Other P10 Plus Thread
    [TOOL] TOOL ALL IN ONE (No P10 Support yet, but you can request it)

Tips:
    Pressing Power + Volume Down will launch the Fastboot Mode
    Pressing Power + Volume Up will launch the Recovery Mode
    Pressing Power + Volume Down with connected USB will launch the Fastboot Mode in forcemode (might useful if you can´t boot to the bootloader)
    Pressing Power + Volume Down+Up will launch the forced firmwareupdate if you have the suitable updatefiles on your sdcard in a folder named "dload"
    Turning your phone off and then pressing Volume Down while pluging in your USB-Cable will launch the Fastboot Mode

This whole thing was only possible because of the hard work of other heros here on xda!!
    Mainly its based on the method from mankindtw [Guide] Mate 9 Flash Update Package and Rebrand
    Big THX to mankindtw for the script!! Please send him some money, if you can!
    I have searched this topic but I dont undestand one thing. Today at last VTR-L29C432 Oreo showed up on FF. It is not approved for My device but I own VTR-L29C432, no rebrand, original device. Is it possible to use HWOTA to update manualy to it?

I updated an previously Vodafone branded device that has been debranded to L29C432 yesterday and it works flawlessly. You just have to close the bootloader manually afterwards and switch off the OEM-Unlock in Developeroptions afterwards.
    Proof
    Ah that would make sense, shame though, will the rebrand affect any further updates from Huawei through the system updater ? Hoping I didn't rebrand in error ?
    No, you do receive OTA updates. For me it took a long time the first time. If you are impatient the Firmware Finder app is your friend.
    I know, I hope they fix the widget problems...

According to the other huawei devices, they just updated to the latest google security patch.
    Just a quick overview of possible brandings:

CUST Region Provider
    C02 Europe VodafoneVodafone
    C10 Russia
    C21 Telefonica / O2
    C40 Czech Republic Telefonica / O2
    C55 Italia TIM
    C86 Spain Yoigo
    C112 Latin America
    C121 Türkei
    C123 Switzerland
    C150 Telekom