[Guide][Huawei P8][15-4-2016]How to hide the Navigation Bar All Roms

Search This thread

Rashad83

May 13, 2011
Huawei Nexus 6P
ASUS ROG Phone II
Hi guys, this is a tutorial on how to hide the navigation bar for all firmware, just one consideration you need to take after the following process you can later update only up to Version B150 (confirmed) and up to "Marshmallow, only if you update to Marshmallow from a rom that has the navigation bar hide toggle activated" and still be able to maintain the ability to hide the navigation bar. If you update to version B170 or B180 you risk losing the ability to hide.

Update (15-4-2016): In the latest Marshmallow update B320 you cannot hide the navigation bar the only way is to go to an old version that has the suspend button like version B120 or B132 then you need to activate the hide toggle afterwards update to Marshmallow B320 rom directly, now the hide navigation toggle will stay but if you make a system reset it will disappear and you cant't have it back unless you do the whole process again
--
Update (16-10-2015): If you're able to get version B200
If you are in the European region or in China and manged to get the update, it seems touchplus is back so simply skip to the
How to part.
--

What you will need?

1. vB120 stock firmware or any firmware with Touch plus which you can download from Huawei support page
http://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/products/index.htm?pname=P8(GRA-UL00)&pcode=GRA-L03
in the link up replace 'en' with your country page short code ...................example: Singapore -> 'sg'

you should be able now to see the base stock firmware vB120 or any base firmware with Touch plus option and download it.

2. SDcard

** Use Hisuite from the PC to backup you apps and contacts if you don't want to lose them, which you can restore them later after we finish with the process.

How to:

A. If you are on v B120 or v B132 or v B200(not sure all regions)

please follow the instructions exactly in order to hide the navigation bar

1.Go to settings->under Smart assistance heading:
1-Settings.png
-Select touch plus
View attachment 3487482
-Tick 'Touch plus' radio button.
View attachment 3487483
Go back to settings-> under Smart assistance heading:
4-Settings.png
-Select 'more' -> Select Suspend button -> Tick 'Suspend button'
View attachment 3487496View attachment 3487495
Go to settings->under Smart assistance heading:
7-Settings.png
-Select touch plus
-Tick 'Use film navigation keys'.................. the navigation bar will disappear.
View attachment 3487488
-Touch the suspend button and select back
9-Settings.png.....sorry i forgot to attach the picture with suspend button clicked on.

-Select touch plus->untick 'use film navigation keys'.
View attachment 3487490

Now the navigation bar will reappear with the hide icon in the navigation bar in the left side.
View attachment 3487490

-If you want to disable the suspend button -> Go back to 'more' and turn off the Suspend button.
View attachment 3487491

2. If you want to update your firmware it is ok to do it up to version B150 u will still be able to maintain the ability to hide the navigation bar "But make sure you don't reset your device after the update or you will lose the ability to hide", if you can update to v200 you will have to redo the How to part i guess.

View attachment 3487493

12-Final.jpg

B. If you are on version B140+,B150,B170,B180,B320

1. Download vB120 or vB132 firmware it will be in .zip format, extract the firmware which will create a folder called 'dload', copy that folder to the sd card "you need to have an SD card to be able to do this".
2. Go to settings->updater->click the menu to update locally...... it should see now the update package you placed in your SD card.
3. Select it and let it install.
4. After the installation reset the phone from settings in order to have a clean rom without bugs.
5. Follow the instructions outlined up for hiding the navigation bar for version B120 or B132.
6. You can update later on only to version B132 or B150 or B320 and still be able to hide the navigation bar.
7. Use Hisuite in your pc to restore your apps and contacts if you want to.

Check the Pictures attached for clear understanding. Enjoy:good:

P.S: To other Huawei device users there is a guide to enable touchplus on your device written by @kuhno Thx. http://xdaforums.com/gx8/how-to/disable-navbar-activate-touchplus-t3390358/post67122095#post67122095 . Please check it out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-15-20-35-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-04-15-20-35-58.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 1,336
  • Screenshot_2016-04-15-20-36-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-04-15-20-36-57.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 1,337
Last edited:

majaczos

Feb 9, 2015
I have a few question:
1. Doesn't it mean downgrading to B120?
2. 'dload' has to stay on MicroSD card for good?

Rashad83

May 13, 2011
Huawei Nexus 6P
ASUS ROG Phone II
I have a few question:
1. Doesn't it mean downgrading to B120?
2. 'dload' has to stay on MicroSD card for good?

1. Yes you need to downgrade in order to get the Touchplus setting(Responsible for hiding the navigation bar) which is removed from recent updates. After the installation of version B120 you can upgrade using the updater to version B132 or B150 max (Don't worry the updates are small in size) and still maintain the ability to hide the navigation bar, but after you update the Touchplus setting will be removed from the firmware higher than version B132 that is why you shouldn't reset the rom or else risk losing the ability to hide.

2. Regarding "dload" you can remove it from the SDcard after you install the firmware.

Last edited:

voyd

Oct 11, 2008
Variable... ;)
hi,
few questions:
- do i need being root to do that ?
- i download ( GRA-L09 Firmware(Android 5.0,EMUI 3.1_05012YBD,V100R001 C900B132 CUSTC432D001,West European Region) this work to ''downgrade'' or not ?

thanks.

Rashad83

May 13, 2011
Huawei Nexus 6P
ASUS ROG Phone II
hi,
few questions:
- do i need being root to do that ?
- i download ( GRA-L09 Firmware(Android 5.0,EMUI 3.1_05012YBD,V100R001 C900B132 CUSTC432D001,West European Region) this work to ''downgrade'' or not ?

thanks.

Hi, no you don't have to be rooted or even unlock your bootloader. I think the firmware you mention is fine to use for downgrading. Good luck. :good:

papyzebike

Apr 18, 2009
Brussels
I already downgrade from B170 to B132 with your tutorial , many thanks it s perfect but now can i update by the updater app to B170 and keep touch plus ? ... Thanks again

Rashad83

May 13, 2011
Huawei Nexus 6P
ASUS ROG Phone II
I already downgrade from B170 to B132 with your tutorial , many thanks it s perfect but now can i update by the updater app to B170 and keep touch plus ? ... Thanks again
Yes you can update and still be able to hide the navigation bar(update only to vB132 & vB150) but the Touchplus setting will be removed that is why make sure to not reset the phone after the update or you will lose the ability to hide. Good luck ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: papyzebike

Waqar4005

Sep 28, 2015
Hi
I have B180 now,how I can hide the bar, touch plus not showing now in the settings . I ll updated,its lost and showing the bar . Now what can I do to hide it ?

voyd

Oct 11, 2008
Variable... ;)
thanks for your response, i downgraded to 132, done all step you describe.After update 170 i lose the possibility to hide de navbar. i have done this 2 time with same result.
Don't works for me.

Rashad83

May 13, 2011
Huawei Nexus 6P
ASUS ROG Phone II
Hi
I have B180 now,how I can hide the bar, touch plus not showing now in the settings . I ll updated,its lost and showing the bar . Now what can I do to hide it ?
Follow the instructions outlined up, you can not update to version B180 because you will lose the ability to hide the navigation bar you need first to downgrade to B120 or B132 then update to version B150 as a maximum update if it exists for your region. So far i can confirm it works if you update up to version B150. I thought you can update to version B170 but it seems you lose the ability even if you update to it. I am on B150 and i can hide the bar.

Last edited:

Rashad83

May 13, 2011
Huawei Nexus 6P
ASUS ROG Phone II
thanks for your response, i downgraded to 132, done all step you describe.After update 170 i lose the possibility to hide de navbar. i have done this 2 time with same result.
Don't works for me.
Sorry to hear that, I can confirm that it works if you update to B150 which i am on now because there is no version B170 for my region so i can't confirm if it works on version B170 but i heard from some users it should work on it.

Any way my theory is this, you can update to at least 1 version from the base firmware in my case my base firmware is version B120 and the following update to it is version B150. In your case i think it is just version B132.

Me: B120->B150->B180
You: B120->B132->B170->B180

Last edited:

JanellaKate

Sep 29, 2015
can anyone give a link where I can download vB132, because I have the same thing happen to my phone. please anyone.

Rashad83

May 13, 2011
Huawei Nexus 6P
ASUS ROG Phone II
can anyone give a link where I can download vB132, because I have the same thing happen to my phone. please anyone.
There is no link for version B132 (UL00 model), there is another thread for p8 roms that lists version B132 but that firmware is broken you can't unzip it once you download it. Best thing is to download from huawei support page version B120 and then update it to version B132 which will be a small update.

Rashad83

May 13, 2011
Huawei Nexus 6P
ASUS ROG Phone II
Guys, if you want the latest update and don't want to unlock your bootloader and root. Then use this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gmd.immersive&hl=en
the paid version will remove the red line.

1. If you are rooted use this:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gmd.hidesoftkeys&hl=en.

2. If you are rooted and don't want to use navigation controls instead geastures use:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.goodmooddroid.gesturecontroldemo&hl=en you can also edit the build.prop to remove the navigation bar and then use this app instead.(That's what i was doing in my old phone, i intend to do it later on. I always hated the the physical keys and soft keys instead gestures should be the way to navigate)

Last edited:

voyd

Oct 11, 2008
Variable... ;)
hi,

I use the immersive mode, the only possibility i have found to hide navbar, i'd like to root my phone but Huawei didn't send me the bootloader code , i waiting since 2 week and nothing (5 mails), so i look for another solution but few people seem interested by P8 phone.

If you know a solution to root my phone i take it ;)....

Thanks for your time and your efforts

Last edited:

Rashad83

May 13, 2011
Huawei Nexus 6P
ASUS ROG Phone II
hi,

I use the immersive mode, the only possibility i have found to hide navbar, i'd like to root my phone but Huawei didn't send me the bootloader code (**** huawei...) , i waiting since 2 week and nothing (5 mails), so i look for another solution but few people seem interested by P8 phone.

If you know a solution to root my phone i take it ;)....

Thanks for your time and your efforts
If you root(unlock bootloader) you lose your warranty i don't think it is worth it at least for now since it's new, i personally haven't rooted yet and i don't intend to for now. Any way you can try to login to Huawei unlock page using the Facebook account login(the only working method) and get the unlock code online. If you can't send me a private message of your phone details and i will send you the unlock code.

Last edited:

JanellaKate

Sep 29, 2015
I can't downgrade my Huawei P8 now, it's always says FAILED.. can anyone help me what to do.. am now stock in B180 and touchplus is missing now...

Rashad83

May 13, 2011
Huawei Nexus 6P
ASUS ROG Phone II
I can't downgrade my Huawei P8 now, it's always says FAILED.. can anyone help me what to do.. am now stock in B180 and touchplus is missing now...

There is 2 possible reasons i can think of for why you are getting the fail message:

1. The recovery isn't stock meaning you are using a custom recovery like (TWRP) and in this case you have to go back to stock recovery, but from your statement it seems you didn't unlock your bootloader yet.
2. You are using the wrong firmware with the wrong region to downgrade to. Make sure that the 3 letters behind the firmware version is the same as the one your native stock rom.

Example: my build number is : GRA-UL00V100R001C470B180
to downgrade i need to use the build number that has the same underlined letter and numbers(C470) so the build number i should use should be GRA-UL00V100R001C470B132 and not for example GRA-UL00V100R001C10B132.

I hope this helps, other than that i am not sure why you are getting the fail message. if non of these suggestions help try to downgrade to another version (either B120 or B132 depending on your region) or download another link of the same firmware i suggest you download it from Huawei support page for your region.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, this is a tutorial on how to hide the navigation bar for all firmware, just one consideration you need to take after the following process you can later update only up to Version B150 (confirmed) and up to "Marshmallow, only if you update to Marshmallow from a rom that has the navigation bar hide toggle activated" and still be able to maintain the ability to hide the navigation bar. If you update to version B170 or B180 you risk losing the ability to hide.

Update (15-4-2016): In the latest Marshmallow update B320 you cannot hide the navigation bar the only way is to go to an old version that has the suspend button like version B120 or B132 then you need to activate the hide toggle afterwards update to Marshmallow B320 rom directly, now the hide navigation toggle will stay but if you make a system reset it will disappear and you cant't have it back unless you do the whole process again
    --
    Update (16-10-2015): If you're able to get version B200
    If you are in the European region or in China and manged to get the update, it seems touchplus is back so simply skip to the
    How to part.
    --

What you will need?

1. vB120 stock firmware or any firmware with Touch plus which you can download from Huawei support page
    http://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/products/index.htm?pname=P8(GRA-UL00)&pcode=GRA-L03
    in the link up replace 'en' with your country page short code ...................example: Singapore -> 'sg'

you should be able now to see the base stock firmware vB120 or any base firmware with Touch plus option and download it.

2. SDcard

** Use Hisuite from the PC to backup you apps and contacts if you don't want to lose them, which you can restore them later after we finish with the process.

How to:

A. If you are on v B120 or v B132 or v B200(not sure all regions)

please follow the instructions exactly in order to hide the navigation bar

1.Go to settings->under Smart assistance heading:
    1-Settings.png
    -Select touch plus
    View attachment 3487482
    -Tick 'Touch plus' radio button.
    View attachment 3487483
    4-Settings.png
    -Select 'more' -> Select Suspend button -> Tick 'Suspend button'
    View attachment 3487496View attachment 3487495
    Go to settings->under Smart assistance heading:
    7-Settings.png
    -Select touch plus
    -Tick 'Use film navigation keys'.................. the navigation bar will disappear.
    View attachment 3487488
    -Touch the suspend button and select back
    9-Settings.png.....sorry i forgot to attach the picture with suspend button clicked on.

-Select touch plus->untick 'use film navigation keys'.
    View attachment 3487490

Now the navigation bar will reappear with the hide icon in the navigation bar in the left side.
    View attachment 3487490

-If you want to disable the suspend button -> Go back to 'more' and turn off the Suspend button.
    View attachment 3487491

2. If you want to update your firmware it is ok to do it up to version B150 u will still be able to maintain the ability to hide the navigation bar "But make sure you don't reset your device after the update or you will lose the ability to hide", if you can update to v200 you will have to redo the How to part i guess.

View attachment 3487493

12-Final.jpg

B. If you are on version B140+,B150,B170,B180,B320

1. Download vB120 or vB132 firmware it will be in .zip format, extract the firmware which will create a folder called 'dload', copy that folder to the sd card "you need to have an SD card to be able to do this".
    2. Go to settings->updater->click the menu to update locally...... it should see now the update package you placed in your SD card.
    3. Select it and let it install.
    4. After the installation reset the phone from settings in order to have a clean rom without bugs.
    5. Follow the instructions outlined up for hiding the navigation bar for version B120 or B132.
    6. You can update later on only to version B132 or B150 or B320 and still be able to hide the navigation bar.
    7. Use Hisuite in your pc to restore your apps and contacts if you want to.

Check the Pictures attached for clear understanding. Enjoy:good:

P.S: To other Huawei device users there is a guide to enable touchplus on your device written by @kuhno Thx. http://xdaforums.com/gx8/how-to/disable-navbar-activate-touchplus-t3390358/post67122095#post67122095 . Please check it out.
    Yes you can update and still be able to hide the navigation bar(update only to vB132 & vB150) but the Touchplus setting will be removed that is why make sure to not reset the phone after the update or you will lose the ability to hide. Good luck ;)
    With my Rom you can hide the bar whenever you want ..

uploadfromtaptalk1442172706777-png.428813
    any marshmallow update for the GRA-UL00C433B180

Not yet, maybe by the end of the month.
    in b317 marshmallow it's "floating dock" instead of "suspend button". In rest it's the same and it's working.