[GUIDE][ICS] Compiling framework-res without losing theme background

Search This thread

erorcun

Oct 14, 2012
Tested on P .75 and U .89, so I don't know will it work on others.

You need to change framework.jar and framework-res.apk. Firstly decompile them. (And don't forget to install right frameworks to apktool!)

1) Remove Sony's method

Do these: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1943855

2) framework-res part

- Download "semc_bg_new.zip" and extract file to drawable folder.
- Open values/public.xml and define "semc_bg_new" as drawable, first unused id is 0x01080903 in most framework but if you're using modded framework it may differ. So if apktool gives error, try increasing it one by one. (if you reached to 0x01080909 and there is an error still, begin from 0x0108090a and try a,b,c,d,e,f)
- Open values/styles.xml, search "semc_bg" and change it with;
Code:
<item name="windowBackground">@drawable/semc_bg_new</item>
- Compile. And don't forget signatures.

3) framework.jar part

- Download "framework stuff" attachment, extract, put to decompiled framework.jar and compile.

Enjoy. And don't forget me =)

Attachments

• framework-stuff.zip
    54.5 KB · Views: 120
  • semc_bg_new.zip
    255 bytes · Views: 112
Last edited:

erorcun

Oct 14, 2012
normally if you try to edit framework-res phone won't open on xperia ics fw's. there is a fix for this but you have to remove theme backgound(for example settings background) to make it work. But with my trick you can edit framework-res as you want.

Reactions: whalesplaho

whalesplaho

• Feb 1, 2012
    Treasure Island
    normally if you try to edit framework-res phone won't open on xperia ics fw's. there is a fix for this but you have to remove theme backgound(for example settings background) to make it work. But with my trick you can edit framework-res as you want.

okies... i guess i ll need dis when editing for JB FW!!!!

but is step 1 still gonna be used; remove sony stuff!!!

erorcun

Oct 14, 2012
    there is no theme background in jb, you can't use =D

i mean sony's background locating method by 'sony's method' and you must do it. but after my method you won't lose anything.

Diego910

Dec 27, 2012
    I have a problem, when i compile it says Nopatch And something about android.yml. What i should do?
    Enviado desde mi ST25i usando Tapatalk 2

Diego910

Dec 27, 2012
    You're doing somethings wrong. Did you install frameworks to apktool? And can you try compiling after first stage?

I installed framework And semcgenericuxpres.apk and tried compliling without changes and that was my result.

Enviado desde mi ST25i usando Tapatalk 2

Patrol619

Mar 28, 2012
    Hi @erorcun, I have a question. You were helping munjeni fixing his JB framework for sola right (background and coloured accents)? So here is the deal:
    e8u3azar.jpg

eruby7up.jpg

Why in landscape there is an old GB background? This goes for every theme. Is there any way to fix it? Thanks in advance ;)

Xperia [email protected] 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Tested on P .75 and U .89, so I don't know will it work on others.

You need to change framework.jar and framework-res.apk. Firstly decompile them. (And don't forget to install right frameworks to apktool!)

1) Remove Sony's method

Do these: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1943855

2) framework-res part

- Download "semc_bg_new.zip" and extract file to drawable folder.
      - Open values/public.xml and define "semc_bg_new" as drawable, first unused id is 0x01080903 in most framework but if you're using modded framework it may differ. So if apktool gives error, try increasing it one by one. (if you reached to 0x01080909 and there is an error still, begin from 0x0108090a and try a,b,c,d,e,f)
      - Open values/styles.xml, search "semc_bg" and change it with;
      Code:
      <item name="windowBackground">@drawable/semc_bg_new</item>
      - Compile. And don't forget signatures.

3) framework.jar part

- Download "framework stuff" attachment, extract, put to decompiled framework.jar and compile.

Enjoy. And don't forget me =)
      @Patrol619

I helped with theme dependent things, but he fixed backgrounds himself.

You can fix it via moving some images to framework-res from SemcGenericUxpRes. (probably drawable-land folder)
      Hi @erorcun, I have a question. You were helping munjeni fixing his JB framework for sola right (background and coloured accents)? So here is the deal:
      e8u3azar.jpg

eruby7up.jpg

Why in landscape there is an old GB background? This goes for every theme. Is there any way to fix it? Thanks in advance ;)

Xperia [email protected] 2

Because you must remove all backgrounds in each drawable folders. The apk use in priority the folder of the phone dpi.

For example, xhdpi for the Xperia S, if an image use by something is not found in this folder, the apk will look in the above folder hdpi, if not there in mdpi, etc

Envoyé depuis mon C6603 avec Tapatalk
      Yeah it's newest. Hmm. I don't know, sorry.