A guide to root the new ICS UVLH5 firmware update.
This guide will try and make it very easy to root your stock firmware for those of you who are having
problems or don't want to wait for a stock rooted rom
anyways here goes the step by step assuming that you have a Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4g T769 and are on ICS
Before anything of course you'll need the files and here they are:
Odin 1.8.5 Zip
After downloading all the files first move the Superuser.zip to the root of your sdcard..not internal sdcard but the removable one. Then unzip the Odin zip and once unzipped:
- Run Odin 1.85.exe, and prepare Odin:
- Check "auto-reboot", and uncheck all other options.
- Click PDA and select the TAR for clockworkdmod you downloaded. Click PIT and select the Blaze PIT your downloaded.
- DOUBLE CHECK THAT YOU HAVE REPARTITION UNCHECKED
- Connect the USB cable to your PC, but NOT your device.
- Remove the battery.
- Reinsert the battery.
- Hold down Volume Up + Volume Down
- Then while holding the voume keys plug in USB cable
- You should now be in Download Mode
Make Sure repartition is still unchecked and click START in Odin.
When done the phone will reboot to the OS after this you have to reboot to recovery, here are a few ways.
1. adb command: adb reboot recovery
2. volume combo.
a. turn off phone.
b. hold volume + and volume -
c. while holding the volume buttons hold the power button for 10 seconds
d. after the 10 seconds release power button but keep holding volume buttons until you get into CWM recovery
Flash the SuperUser zip file
Reboot to System
Check whether root took or not.
If it did come back here and click thanks
Odin 1.8.5 (k0nane)
TFQ ( cus we here to help )