[Guide] Install cLK, cLK 1.5, CWM and a NAND rom

Would you like me to write a MAGLDR guide like my cLK guide?

• Yes

Votes: 156 86.2%
  • No

Votes: 25 13.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

kylew1212

Dec 1, 2011
Alabama
www.memoryx2.com
Hi Kilew 1212

Many thanks for this guide. Followed it step by step and...get stuck at step 14 when...i loose the connection with my pc Win 7)
And I am getting a phone screen as follows:

cedesmith's LK (CLK) v1.4.0.1
(2480) ptn 0 name ='mis' start=00000219 len=00000008 end=00000221
(2480) ptn 1 name ='recovery' start=00000221 len=00000028 end=00000249
(2480) ptn 2 name ='boot' start=00000249 len=00000028 end=00000271
(2480) ptn 3 name ='system' start=00000271 len=00000c80 end=00000ef1
(2480) ptn 4 name ='cache' start=00000ef1 len=00000028 end=00000f19
(2480) ptn 5 name ='userdata' start=00000f19 len=00000028 end=00000f41
(2490) USB init ept @ 0x28023000
(2530) fastboot_init()
(2530) udc_start ()
(2530) -- suspend --
(2530) --reset --
(2530) --portchange --

and then...nothing moves anymore!
Any suggestion to get it to keep going and to get CWM finally installed?
Many thanks for your help!

You are missing the drivers for clk. Check to make sure everything is installed correctly.

Reactions: hassam_tariq2003

nyarlathotep

Feb 5, 2007
Code:
misc ya 1M
boot yboot|ro 5M
system ya 115M  <-- [B]Deodexed[/B], system ya 150M <-- [B]Odexed[/B]
cache ya 2M
userdata ya|asize|hr allsize

I am familiar with using the NAND toolkit, but In a ROM thread when it has s section similar to the above in reference to the settings required to flash the rom successfully, how [and with what software] is this above information used.

Im guessing it is some kind of script which is saved in a cfg file of sorts, of which the software uses to automate the cache/partition sizes without having to enter them manually, im just unsure of the software that uses it.

Im sure its something really easy, but after chewing through numerous threads, i cannot find it explained anywhere, any ideas ?

Mousman

Feb 21, 2011
Nice guide but not working for me i have latest version of clk 1.5.1.3 thats ok but i cant flash any recovery either with fast boot or with customIUU (provided with the clk).
Can someone help me with this problem.

carazy1

Jan 24, 2011
Nice guide but not working for me i have latest version of clk 1.5.1.3 thats ok but i cant flash any recovery either with fast boot or with customIUU (provided with the clk).

I have the same problem, can someone help me? I'm not getting Recovery, I did the exact steps as OP said but I keep getting fastboot.

I don't think this guide still works.

Last edited:

pfonti

Mar 29, 2007
Ravenna
Hi guys, I have a big problem, the volume keys are broken...is there a way to install CLK without using the volume buttons? Is there a way to enter in boot loader mode than flash CLK, and when CLK start (power + home), is there a way to move in the menu using other keys other than Volume Up or Down?
Thank you
Luca

kylew1212

Dec 1, 2011
Alabama
www.memoryx2.com
Code:
misc ya 1M
boot yboot|ro 5M
system ya 115M  <-- [B]Deodexed[/B], system ya 150M <-- [B]Odexed[/B]
cache ya 2M
userdata ya|asize|hr allsize

I am familiar with using the NAND toolkit, but In a ROM thread when it has s section similar to the above in reference to the settings required to flash the rom successfully, how [and with what software] is this above information used.

Im guessing it is some kind of script which is saved in a cfg file of sorts, of which the software uses to automate the cache/partition sizes without having to enter them manually, im just unsure of the software that uses it.

Im sure its something really easy, but after chewing through numerous threads, i cannot find it explained anywhere, any ideas ?

System is the space used for your rom. When you install a rom, all the files go to a certain place and that is the system partition.

Boot is the partition for files pertaining to booting up your cellphone such as ppp for clk or rmnet, the scripts for hardware etc.

Cache I think is partition that makes memory available to processor but separate from ram.. Not 100% certain.

User data is partition where apps, music, anything the user adds will go.

Thank! :D

I have the same problem, can someone help me? I'm not getting Recovery, I did the exact steps as OP said but I keep getting fastboot.

I don't think this guide still works.

I'm not certain about
1.5.1.3 and the changes. I've moved on to a nexus and haven't been keeping up with hd2. I will try to check into it when time permits.

Hi guys, I have a big problem, the volume keys are broken...is there a way to install CLK without using the volume buttons? Is there a way to enter in boot loader mode than flash CLK, and when CLK start (power + home), is there a way to move in the menu using other keys other than Volume Up or Down?
Thank you
Luca

I'm not certain but I do not think so. Sorry, you may be able to search for something and get more info.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Ewors

Jan 25, 2011
Partizánske
Stucked on Fastboot

Hey there, thanks for easy and summary tutorial, but I just got stucked on CLK installation at [3000] fastboot:processing commands..
I clicked on install in cLK Install Recovery, everything gone well except of that I cant get to CWM.. Im stucked at 19.step.. It reboots okay but gives me the cedesmith´s LK CLK installation progress[the black screen].. What Iam doing wrong?

Sorry for my english :eek:

EDIT: Oh, I realized that I skipped the HSPL installation.. Now the install was complete and I am again at the same issue :eek:
EDIT2: I must be blind if I didnt noticed that I must push the home button at the begining to start the phone x)

[220]USB init ept @ 0x28023000
[260]fastboot_init()
[260]udc_start()
[260]-- suspend --

What´s bad?Where did I make a mistake?

SOLVED: I ve had to flash kernel x)

Last edited:

abced123

Jun 18, 2007
when you upgrade CLK to 1.5 by 1st way using HD2 toolkit, does the partition need to redo? And if changing another ROM , after task29?

shanman-2

Nov 18, 2011
Cork
You can do all your partitioning from clk 1.5. Boot to clk (hold back button while powering on device) and go to settings menu...:)

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda premium

creepan

Sep 14, 2011
Moldova, Chisinau
how to use ext4...

hello to everyone, need some help with installing data on ext and dalvik on nand... how the hell i am suppose to do that ? can somebody explain me or give me some links where to find that ...???

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda premium[/QUOTE]

Rapper_skull

Apr 21, 2011
Naples
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Realme GT 2 Pro
How-to Uninstall HSPL

This will delete all data on your HD2!

Download an official Windows Mobile Rom from here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=577717 (Thanks l3v5y)

Step 1. Back up sd card and format it.

Step 2. Extract the file leoimg.nbh from the official rom you previously downloaded.
(This can be done with a program like 7zip)

Step 3. Copy leoimg.nbh onto the root of your sd card. Only copy this file-- No OTHERS!

Step 4. Press and hold volume down + end keys

Step 5. Follow the onscreen steps. These steps will install Windows Mobile 6.5

Step 6. Reboot your phone. Your phone wil boot into Windows Mobile 6.5 and HSPL is uninstalled. :D

P.S.
I will add more pictures and things soon, this is quickly written to help a friend:)

You can simply select 2.08.000 from HSPL installation.

minh99

Jul 13, 2013
Hi.

So I followed all the steps up till the last one. I installed CLK, hit enter three times on the CMD prompt, the phone showed "rebooting device", and nothing. It just stayed there. I took out the battery, turned it on, held the home button, and it came to the same place but different prompts. It said that couldn't read recovery header. Any ideas?

I have same problem with this step 19.
How to solve this ?

my phone hacked to 2.08 hspl ready.

Oct 2, 2013
cLK V1.5 More Advanced Users

Note: cLK V1.5 is newer than cLK 1.6.5 DE, I know its confusing, but cLK V1.5 is the best out right now.

cLK 1.5 includes
-Flashlight
-Ability to resize partitions without computer
-Recovery
-Other things as well :D:D

There is a newer version of cLK that has not yet been updated in the HD2 Toolkit. This new version can be installed two different ways.

It can be downloaded from here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1114053

1 Way. It can be flashed with HD2 toolkit. (Probably the safest)
2 Way. It can be stored on the root of your sd card and then installed by pressing Volume Down + End. (The benefit is a USB connection is not needed for this method, but more chance of bricking your device although still very slim)

If your USB port is broken, follow the 2nd way posted below!

1st Way. I will be using HD2 Toolkit.

Step 1. Download the attached Leoimg file.

Step 2. Unzip file to someplace convenient.

Step 3. Open HD2 Toolkit.

Step 4. Shutdown phone.

Step 5. Press volume down + end key and hold until tri-colored screen appears.

Step 6. Task 29 on HD2 toolkit.

Step 7. On bottom left of HD2 toolkit theirs an option to install custom ruu, click browse.

Step 8. Navigate to the place you previously unzipped leoimg and select the .nbh file.

Step 9. Click install ruu.

Step 10. Your done!!:D:D:D

2nd Way.

Step 1. Format SD card.

Step 2. Download cLK v 1.5 (The attached LEOIMG.zip file)

Step 3. Extract this file somewhere convenitent

Step 4. Put leoimg.nbh ( from clk 1.5 ) onto root of SD card.

Step 5. Power off phone.

Step 6. Press volume down + end

Step 7. Install by following on screen directions. (press end key)

Step 8. Remove battery

Step 9. Replace battery and power on the phone.

Step 10. Power up phone.

Step 11. Welcome to the new cLK:D

Credits (thanks so much!!)

Cotulla
arif-ali
cedesmith
seadersn
Rick_1995
xdmcdmc
Everyone who keeps the HD2 GOING!!!!
All rom creaters, driver builders, porters, everyone who contributes!!
(I may have missed some one if so please pm me and I will add)

can i just possibly skip the 2nd way step 8?

thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Post 1 How-to install cLK and CWM using HD2 Toolkit.
    Post 2 How-to install a rom using CWM
    Post 3 How-to install cLK 1.5
    Post 4 How-to uninstall HSPl (For warranty issues)

Okay, you asked for it so here it is! Complete! Magldr & Clk! I have built a website centered around my current rom development. And because of lack of space my entire guide is located there as well.
    I have added a Magldr guide!

If your USB is broken (good luck charging your phone) BUT DO NOT WORRY!!!!
    This guide also covers how to flash rom WITHOUT USB!!!!

Post 3 part 2 (the 2nd way) describes how to install cLK and CWM WITHOUT USB

This is also the most up-to-date cLK version, it has many nice features but it is not yet integrated in HD2 Toolkit and I want this guide to be simple.

How-to Install cLK using HD2 Toolkit and CWM

Note:
    CWM stands for Clockwork Mod. CWM is the method of choice for developers to program roms for. CWM supports both MAGLDR and cLK. I am considering writting a MAGLDR guide, but I have not yet. cLK is my preferance and I want this guide to be the best it can be before starting something new.

I know has been posted before, I will use this as a question and answer thread!

I am going to begin from the very beginning.
    HSPL Needs to be installed to complete this process.

BACK UP ALL DATA!!!! It will be lost during this process!

First you must choose a rom you want to try.
    Here is a link to list of roms currently in development here on XDA. (Thanks yz.hd )

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=19138750#post19138750

The rom is very important in this process, for mostly one reason. When cLK is flashed their is no way to change the partition size except to reflash it again. this is a lot of trouble so we want to get this right the first time.

Different roms have different size requirements. Each developer will post the size requirements within the first few posts of their rom thread.

The sizes are normally posted in one of two different formats.
    The post will say something about partition size:
    And then be either 5/220/5 or 220/5

The first format (5/220/5) stands for this:
    (CWM size = 5MB/System size = 220MB/Cache size = 5MB)

The second format (220/5) stands for this:
    (System size = 220Mb/Cache size = 5MB)

Now the system and the cache size are the only thing needed. The CWM size stays the same.

When you pick the rom you want to use, write down these numbers so that later when you begin flashing your phone you will know what option to pick.

Once you have decided on a rom that you like then you need to download and install the HD2 Toolkit program. ( Thanks ksubedi )

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1090783

Once HD2 Toolkit is installed open the program.

Before continuing a 50% phone battery is required!

Click the Download Drivers icon in the lower right corner.
    Download the drivers, and unzip them to the desktop.
    These will come in later.

Okay, now you are ready to start.

Before we can install a rom, we have to have a bootloader. But before we can install a bootloader, we have to install HSPL.
    HSPL basically roots your phone, it allows the use of custom software.

Step 1. Power off your phone.

Step 2. Hold the Volume Down Button and press the End (red) key once.

Continue holding until a multi colored screen appears.

102_0024.jpg

Step 3. Plug in your USB cord to your phone. At the bottom of your Phone it should say SERIAL until your USB is connected. Once USB is connected it should say USB at the bottom.

102_0026.jpg

Step 4. Click Install HSPL at the bottom right hand of the screen. Make sure to install HSPL 2.08 Just follow the steps, and make sure your device meets the requirements before preceeding. (50% battery, anti-viruse disabled, etc)

Step 5. Click the Wipe(Task29) button, right corner, and follow through the steps.
    Task 29 Wipes all data off of phone!!

Step 6. Once the wipe(task29) has finished, your phone will be partially booted. Now we need to power down, so pull out the battery, and unplug the USB.

Step 7. Replace the battery.

Step 8. Now again we need the tri-colored screen. So hold volume down and press the end (red) key

Step 9. Once the tri-colored screen appears, let off the buttons and replug the USB cord.

Step 10. On the HD2 Toolkit up at the top click cLK Repartition.

Step 11. One the right there is a column that says Choose System Partition Size (cLK) click what size you want.

Step 12. Below the column is the cache size, there are two options. Pick one. I usually use 5.

Step 13. Now you are ready to install cLK. On the left bottom side of HD2 Toolkit it says Functions, with a few options. Click repartition, and go through the steps on the screen.

Once this is completed your phone will boot into cLK.

102_0017.jpg

Windows 7 computers do not come with this interface installed, and the driver isn't located on Windows update.

Your computer should bring up an option to install Drivers. When it prompts you, locate the google adb drivers on your Desktop. This should install fastboot so that your Phone works.
    If you have problems with Windows 7 recognizing the device now that it's booted, try this HERE

Step 14. Once the drivers are installed. The phone (when connected via USB) should say Fastboot: Processing Commands

102_0020.jpg

Step 15. At the top of HD2 Toolkit click the cLK Install Recovery

Step 16. At the bottom of HD2 Toolkit where it says Functions, it will now say install. Click install.

Step 17. When a Radio box appears say there are two methods of installing cLK. Click yes you are in Fastboot mode.

Step 18. A command prompt box will appear. Just hit enter each time an option is given (three times.)

Step 19. After the third time you hit enter, your phone will begin rebooting.
    Press and hold the home key when your phone begins to turn on. After about two seconds CWM Recovery will appear Congratulations CWM is installed!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

102_0013.jpg
    cLk Version 1.5

cLK V1.5 More Advanced Users

Note: cLK V1.5 is newer than cLK 1.6.5 DE, I know its confusing, but cLK V1.5 is the best out right now.

cLK 1.5 includes
    -Flashlight
    -Ability to resize partitions without computer
    -Recovery
    -Other things as well :D:D

There is a newer version of cLK that has not yet been updated in the HD2 Toolkit. This new version can be installed two different ways.

It can be downloaded from here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1114053

1 Way. It can be flashed with HD2 toolkit. (Probably the safest)
    2 Way. It can be stored on the root of your sd card and then installed by pressing Volume Down + End. (The benefit is a USB connection is not needed for this method, but more chance of bricking your device although still very slim)

If your USB port is broken, follow the 2nd way posted below!

1st Way. I will be using HD2 Toolkit.

Step 1. Download the attached Leoimg file.

Step 2. Unzip file to someplace convenient.

Step 3. Open HD2 Toolkit.

Step 4. Shutdown phone.

Step 5. Press volume down + end key and hold until tri-colored screen appears.

Step 6. Task 29 on HD2 toolkit.

Step 7. On bottom left of HD2 toolkit theirs an option to install custom ruu, click browse.

Step 8. Navigate to the place you previously unzipped leoimg and select the .nbh file.

Step 9. Click install ruu.

Step 10. Your done!!:D:D:D

2nd Way.

Step 1. Format SD card.

Step 2. Download cLK v 1.5 (The attached LEOIMG.zip file)

Step 3. Extract this file somewhere convenitent

Step 4. Put leoimg.nbh ( from clk 1.5 ) onto root of SD card.

Step 5. Power off phone.

Step 6. Press volume down + end

Step 7. Install by following on screen directions. (press end key)

Step 8. Remove battery

Step 9. Replace battery and power on the phone.

Step 10. Power up phone.

Step 11. Welcome to the new cLK:D

Credits (thanks so much!!)

Cotulla
    arif-ali
    cedesmith
    seadersn
    Rick_1995
    xdmcdmc
    Everyone who keeps the HD2 GOING!!!!
    All rom creaters, driver builders, porters, everyone who contributes!!
    (I may have missed some one if so please pm me and I will add)
    How to install a rom using CWM

How to install a NAND rom by Clockwork Mod (CWM)

Definition:
    NAND- Nand is internal phone memory.
    TMOUS users have 1024 Mega Bytes
    EU users have 512 Mega Bytes

Okay, Almost done! cLk and Recovery are both installed!! This is the easy part now!

Earlier, you picked out a rom you wanted to try. Download it and save it to a convenient place. Do not unzip the rom!

Step 1. Turn your phone on, and hold down the home key so that your HD2 boots into CWM.

Step 2. Once your phone has booted into CWM, press the volume down so that mounts and storage is highlighted. Then press the green call button. (This selects what option you want.)

Step 3. Press Volume Down again to select Format SD Card, then select. (Green call button.)

Step 4. Once the SD card is formatted, plug in your USB cord.

Step 5. Press volume down and select Mount USB Storage.

Step 6. Transfer the rom you previously downloaded to your phone SD card.

Step 7. Safely remove USB drive from your computer.

Step 8. Select unmount on your phone.

Step 9. Press back to return to the main menu.

Step 10. Select install zip from SD card.

102_0035.jpg

Step 11. Select choose zip from SD card.

102_0037.jpg

Step 12. At this point select the rom you chose to install.

102_0038.jpg

Step 13. Confirm install.

102_0040.jpg

Step 14. Wait. The rom you chose is installing.

102_0041.jpg

Step 15. Once the rom is installed, press back.
    After pressing the back button, the main menu will appear. Select reboot system now.

102_0013.jpg

Step 16. Your system is now booting up for the first time. Give it plenty of time to start up. This can take around 10 minutes, just be patient.

Step 17. Once your system has started and has booted up to the start screen, go through the directions.

Step 18. When you have completed the first boot up process, and have gone through the options when your phone first boots, hold down the end key and shutdown your phone.

Step 19. When your phone has completely shut down, press the end key to turn back on.

Step 20. When your phone turns on to the lockscreen, ENJOY!!

Note: I will add more pictures soon!
    How to uninstall Hspl

How-to Uninstall HSPL

This will delete all data on your HD2!

Download an official Windows Mobile Rom from here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=577717 (Thanks l3v5y)

Step 1. Back up sd card and format it.

Step 2. Extract the file leoimg.nbh from the official rom you previously downloaded.
    (This can be done with a program like 7zip)

Step 3. Copy leoimg.nbh onto the root of your sd card. Only copy this file-- No OTHERS!

Step 4. Press and hold volume down + end keys

Step 5. Follow the onscreen steps. These steps will install Windows Mobile 6.5

Step 6. Reboot your phone. Your phone wil boot into Windows Mobile 6.5 and HSPL is uninstalled. :D

P.S.
    I will add more pictures and things soon, this is quickly written to help a friend:)
    Windows 7 computers do not come with this interface installed, and the driver isn't located on Windows update.

Your computer should bring up an option to install Drivers. When it prompts you, locate the google adb drivers on your Desktop. This should install fastboot so that your Phone works.

I using windows 7 but its not prompts up to install driver.. can u please help me now wat to do ?

Okay, try this.

Power on phone and it should boot into clk. Plug up to computer then :

Start>Control Panel>Hardware & Sound>Device Manager

An 'unknown device' sould be shown. Right click it>Update driver software

When menu pops up select browse my computer.
    Select the folder of drivers you previously downloaded. Complete the installation like -- next next next finish ..etc

EDIT:
    I think the driver can now be found using Windows Update. Previously Windows Update could not find a driver, but recently I crashed my linux computer(yeah, how does that happen right?) and had to re-install my virtual machine for windows 7. When I plugged the phone up Windows found a driver.