[Guide] Installing GCam on Mi A2 running LineageOs

Search This thread

lucastwg

Nov 13, 2016
I've had quite a bit of trouble trying to find a combination of app+config that works well, now that I've found one I figured I would make a quick guide to make future lives easier.

1. Download and Install the latest apk of BSG's GCam port from here, I would recommend only going with the versions in red as they are the most stable, once you click the latest version make sure to select the "com.android.mgc" version (apk that ends in _MGC)
2. Create a folder in your main directory to store the config file, name is no longer that important but I name the folder GCam to avoid future confusion.
3. Download attached .xml file and copy it to the folder.
5. Open the newly installed camera app, and double tap on the black area around the shutter button, a window should pop up to chose a config file, search and select the .xml file in the GCam folder.
-We're almost finished, you need to limit exposure time for astrophotography mode or the app will crash when you try to use it.-
6. Open the camera's config by clicking the arrow on the top of the screen and clicking the bottom right settings button, it might take a min to open.
7. Click on modules, this is the individual configuration of each lens:
-In Back (1.0): Scroll down until you find "Astro Max Exposure Time", and set it to 5 sec, any more and the app will hang when you take a picture.
-In Back (1.1): Same as before but set time to 4 sec.
-Front is not necessary as astrophotography is not available.
With that you should have a -mostly- working version of gcam, I haven't been able to get the front flash to work as of yet, and for slow mo make sure to select 1/4x.
If you want to use a different gallery from google Photos, select it under Settings/General/Adanced, while you're here you can enable H.265/HVEC so video sizes aren't as large. You can mess around with the rest of the settings, although it might cause issues with quality, if you screw something up you can just reinstall the app and config.
Feel free to hit me up if you have any issues.

Attachments

• mia2.xml
    7.1 KB · Views: 75

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've had quite a bit of trouble trying to find a combination of app+config that works well, now that I've found one I figured I would make a quick guide to make future lives easier.

1. Download and Install the latest apk of BSG's GCam port from here, I would recommend only going with the versions in red as they are the most stable, once you click the latest version make sure to select the "com.android.mgc" version (apk that ends in _MGC)
    2. Create a folder in your main directory to store the config file, name is no longer that important but I name the folder GCam to avoid future confusion.
    3. Download attached .xml file and copy it to the folder.
    5. Open the newly installed camera app, and double tap on the black area around the shutter button, a window should pop up to chose a config file, search and select the .xml file in the GCam folder.
    -We're almost finished, you need to limit exposure time for astrophotography mode or the app will crash when you try to use it.-
    6. Open the camera's config by clicking the arrow on the top of the screen and clicking the bottom right settings button, it might take a min to open.
    7. Click on modules, this is the individual configuration of each lens:
    -In Back (1.0): Scroll down until you find "Astro Max Exposure Time", and set it to 5 sec, any more and the app will hang when you take a picture.
    -In Back (1.1): Same as before but set time to 4 sec.
    -Front is not necessary as astrophotography is not available.
    With that you should have a -mostly- working version of gcam, I haven't been able to get the front flash to work as of yet, and for slow mo make sure to select 1/4x.
    If you want to use a different gallery from google Photos, select it under Settings/General/Adanced, while you're here you can enable H.265/HVEC so video sizes aren't as large. You can mess around with the rest of the settings, although it might cause issues with quality, if you screw something up you can just reinstall the app and config.
    Feel free to hit me up if you have any issues.