Question [GUIDE] Lenovo Legion Y70 - Unbrick with QFIL

Search This thread

sso003

Sep 3, 2012
Since there's no Legion Y70 section, I'm posting this here in hopes of helping those who may have bricked their device (like I did).

Requirements:

1. Stock rom. I used L71091_CN_SECURE_USER_Q00041.0_S_ZUI_14.0.697_ST_221216_QPST.zip but any version will work.
2. QPST, QFIL, and Qualcomm drivers installed. I installed them from here: https://qpsttool.com/qpst-tool-v2-7-496

Steps:
1. Extract the stock rom zip to a folder with no spaces. For example I used C:\Stock\
2. Open QFIL, click on Configuration->Firehose configuration
3. Set the configuration settings as shown in attached file config.png (reset state machine should be checked, device type UFS)

config.png

4. Back in the main QFIL window, select:
Build type : Meta build
Programmer Path: Select the xbl_s_devprg_ns.melf file from where you extracted your stock rom .zip
Content XML: select contents.xml
Storage types: ufs (in the middle and in the bottom right corner too!)
RawProgram and Patch: Select all available files in the rom directory.
For RawProgram, there should be 9 files: rawprogram_unsparsed0, retain_userdata, unsparsed4, and rawprogram 0 to 5
For patch, there should be 6 files: patch0 to 5

QFIL.png

5. With the phone off and unplugged, hold volume up + volume down at the same time
6. Plug the phone into a USB slot on your computer while still holding the volume up+down buttons. Wait for Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COMx) to appear on top of the QFIL screen. You can now release the volume buttons.
7. Click Download Content.

Voila!

My phone was bricked/bootlooping giving me a QUALCOMM CRASHDUMP error on boot up for several days now after trying to load a custom rom and I kept getting SAHARA FAIL error in QFIL while trying to reflash stock in EDL mode. Finally the above settings worked!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: mr.lfrl990

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since there's no Legion Y70 section, I'm posting this here in hopes of helping those who may have bricked their device (like I did).

Requirements:

1. Stock rom. I used L71091_CN_SECURE_USER_Q00041.0_S_ZUI_14.0.697_ST_221216_QPST.zip but any version will work.
    2. QPST, QFIL, and Qualcomm drivers installed. I installed them from here: https://qpsttool.com/qpst-tool-v2-7-496

Steps:
    1. Extract the stock rom zip to a folder with no spaces. For example I used C:\Stock\
    2. Open QFIL, click on Configuration->Firehose configuration
    3. Set the configuration settings as shown in attached file config.png (reset state machine should be checked, device type UFS)

config.png

4. Back in the main QFIL window, select:
    Build type : Meta build
    Programmer Path: Select the xbl_s_devprg_ns.melf file from where you extracted your stock rom .zip
    Content XML: select contents.xml
    Storage types: ufs (in the middle and in the bottom right corner too!)
    RawProgram and Patch: Select all available files in the rom directory.
    For RawProgram, there should be 9 files: rawprogram_unsparsed0, retain_userdata, unsparsed4, and rawprogram 0 to 5
    For patch, there should be 6 files: patch0 to 5

QFIL.png

5. With the phone off and unplugged, hold volume up + volume down at the same time
    6. Plug the phone into a USB slot on your computer while still holding the volume up+down buttons. Wait for Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COMx) to appear on top of the QFIL screen. You can now release the volume buttons.
    7. Click Download Content.

Voila!

My phone was bricked/bootlooping giving me a QUALCOMM CRASHDUMP error on boot up for several days now after trying to load a custom rom and I kept getting SAHARA FAIL error in QFIL while trying to reflash stock in EDL mode. Finally the above settings worked!