• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Guide LG G8/G8x/v50 Bootloader Unlock and Magisk Root using Firehose

Search This thread

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Google Pixel 3
Привет друзья. Получил обновление до 11 андроид, на данный момент не разблокирован загрузчик и нет рута. Если я установлю обновление для 11 андройд, подойдет ли эта инструкция для этой версии? V500N SKT

most here don't speak Russian, you would get more helpful answers if u translate first to english.

To answer your question, it should work to unlock the bootloader for sure. Not sure about getting Magisk / root though.

cheers

ftx777

Oct 15, 2021
Hello friends. I received an update to 11 android, at the moment the bootloader is not unlocked and there is no root. If I install an update for Android 11, will this instruction work for this version? V500N SKT

Sinleth

Oct 19, 2021
Followed everything. Was able to unlock the bootloader easily but whenever I tried to root it via Magisk I'd brick my phone with an infinite bootup loop. Used QFIL to put the backed up files back on the phone to unbrick it.

Last edited:

leopard_fist

Jul 31, 2013
Hey folks - i'm having trouble rooting this phone and could use some help.
I've restored the
abl_a
abl_b
boot_a
boot_b
files using qfil, but still my phone is stuck at the sprint logo. I would have thought that would start me back from scratch, but it seems not.
I can get to edl mode, recovery mode, and I think even fastboot.

How can I start over from scratch and just try again? Is there a firmware I can flash to reset the phone completely?
Also, is there an xml file for qfil i'm missing?
I've rooted many phones, but this one's tough.

Thanks for any help!

Edit - now the phone is stuck at the lg screen at boot, it doesn't even make it to the sprint screen.

Is there a stock sprint firmware I can flash to completely reset things so that I can try again?

I can still access edl mode btw

Last edited:

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Google Pixel 3
Hey folks - i'm having trouble rooting this phone and could use some help.
I've restored the
abl_a
abl_b
boot_a
boot_b
files using qfil, but still my phone is stuck at the sprint logo. I would have thought that would start me back from scratch, but it seems not.
I can get to edl mode, recovery mode, and I think even fastboot.

How can I start over from scratch and just try again? Is there a firmware I can flash to reset the phone completely?
Also, is there an xml file for qfil i'm missing?
I've rooted many phones, but this one's tough.

Thanks for any help!

Edit - now the phone is stuck at the lg screen at boot, it doesn't even make it to the sprint screen.

Is there a stock sprint firmware I can flash to completely reset things so that I can try again?

I can still access edl mode btw

Unfortunately, sprint (and att) are carriers that don't make their kdz available. No one has one. You **might** find a backup someone did, probably through qfil, but it's important to be cautious with those as they may include partitions that have the individuals imei and s/n.

Your situation is kind of confusing. You say you re-loaded your backups, but u can still get to fastboot? That's not possible, the phone, stock, doesn't have fastboot.

that may be a clue as to what's wrong. cheers

leopard_fist

Jul 31, 2013
Unfortunately, sprint (and att) are carriers that don't make their kdz available. No one has one. You **might** find a backup someone did, probably through qfil, but it's important to be cautious with those as they may include partitions that have the individuals imei and s/n.

Your situation is kind of confusing. You say you re-loaded your backups, but u can still get to fastboot? That's not possible, the phone, stock, doesn't have fastboot.

that may be a clue as to what's wrong. cheers
I found a crossflashing guide here on xda, i'll flash a verizon kdz, the phone is unlocked so I guess it doesn't matter.
I can get to fastboot when I flash the abl_a included with the rooting guide, not with the stock abl_a.
If I get the verizon kdz flashed successfully, I can move on to trying the root process again.

As for the phone being stuck at the sprint logo, I have no clue why I couldn't recover from that, I would have thought that restoring the original abl_a, abl_b files would have fixed that, but no luck.
Regarding being stuck at the lg logo, I think what caused that, was that I booted into recovery mode and did a factory reset. After the reset I was stuck at the lg screen.
Hopefully the verizon kdz flashes ok and I can move forward.
Thanks for thoughts

folks, I think I may have bricked the phone - someone let me know what they think, and if need be, back to amazon the phone goes.

I opened up the phone in qfil, and let qfil erase all partitions and gpt info.
now, no buttons on the phone allow me to do anything, but when I plug the phone into the computer, it does show up under ports.
is the phone bricked? if so i'll just send it back

actually, I guess if someone had a partition layout backup they made with qfil, I could restore it on my phone and get it back up, am I right in this thinking?

sasindu

Oct 10, 2012
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any problems from using this guide.
Works for G8, G8s, G8x, and v50
Confirmed working on G8 and v50

Requirements: Android 10

QFIL: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P7uGjIirqGRdkwlxgKf_idepDlv6_u-q/view?usp=sharing
QFIL Driver: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sPJm1RuSoVX9JMEs-Gx8xNuEDadO6rpj/view?usp=sharing
LG Mobile Driver:
ADB: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nvlwaicFpDN_4DGR0BZRWUDgwQwYzOhS/view?usp=sharing
Firehose: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ekI_d2-P9GdoakkSgk2hK1WHbQLIPlTQ/view?usp=sharing
abl: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sye4gXsDfD8JVF5qfAMG_GDxSLKY6J6Q/view?usp=sharing

Verizon LG G8 only frp: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1294cXerj2_EkeGw1p38CcVPuyRfdS9N5/view?usp=sharing
This Verizon FRP img was only tested on LG G8 Verizon and is not recommended to be used on other Verizon Variants as it will prevent the phone from booting.

Bootloader Unlock
Unlocking your bootloader will erase all data on your phone

First Install LG Mobile Driver, QFIL driver, and QFIL (Select first option, WWAN)

All Variants other than Verizon: Go to Settings, > System > About Phone > Software Info > Tap Build Number 7 Times.
Go back to Settings > System > Developer Options. Check Enable OEM Unlock

Boot you phone into EDL
You can make sure that your phone is in EDL by plugging your phone to your pc and checking the Device Manager > Ports > Qualcom HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM#)
Hold Vol- and Power, when the phone screen turns off to restart begin quickly pressing the vol+ but keep holding vol- and power.
Here is a youtube video of how to boot to EDL:

Open QFIL, Select your Phone's Port, Select Flat Build under Select Build Type, Select the Firehose.elf file under Select Programmer, on the bottom right of QFIL select UFS as the Storage Type.
Click Tools > Partition Manager.
Find Abl_a and right click on it and select Manage Partition Data. Click Read to backup your abl_a.
Go to Windows Explorer and go to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\QFIL\COMPORT#
Rename your ReadData_ufs_Lun4.bin to abl_a.bin

Do the same with abl_b, boot_a, and boot_b.
Boot_a and Boot_b is for Magisk Root. Skip if you only want Bootloader Unlock.
Close Partition Manager. Your phone will reboot to EDL on its own after pressing OK. Wait on that.

Go back to Partition Manager and right click on abl_a again then select Manage Partition Data, then Select Load and choose the abl engineering file.
Do the same for abl_b.
Close Partition Manager. Your phone will reboot to EDL on its own after pressing OK. Wait on that.

Reboot to Fastboot. Hold Vol- and Power then release power when reboot starts and keep holding vol-
If that doesn't work unplug and Power off your phone. Hold vol- and plug it in. It should go into fastboot.
Once your phone is in Fastboot it should say
Device State: Locked and Active A/B Slot - _a or _b
remember whichever slot your device says and stay on that slot, you may risk bricking if you change to the other slot. You also need this for Root later.

Extract the ADB.zip
open a Command Prompt and change the directory to the adb folder you just extracted
cd C:\adb
run fastboot devices in that command prompt. it should show "LMG850UM fastboot"

Move the backed up abl_a.bin and abl_b.bin to the adb folder, also frp_verizon.img if you have the verizon LG G8.
Verizon LG G8 only: Run fastboot flash frp frp_verizon.img then fastboot reboot-bootloader

Reboot to Fastboot. Hold Vol- and Power then release power when reboot starts and keep holding vol-
If that doesn't work unplug and Power off your phone. Hold vol- and plug it in. It should go into fastboot.
Run fastboot oem unlock
Select Unlock The Bootloader with your arrow keys and press the Power Button
Reboot back to the Bootloader. Unplug your phone, Power off, Hold Vol-, then Plug it in.
Your phone should say Device State – unlocked now

Now fastboot flash abl_a abl_a.bin
and fastboot flash abl_b abl_b.bin
Finish with fastboot reboot
Your Phone Is now Bootloader Unlocked.

Magisk Root
Only do this after you have followed the above guide and have Unlocked your Bootloader.

Magisk
Xda Forum: https://forum.xda-developers.com/f/magisk.5903/
Xda Thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/magisk-the-magic-mask-for-android.3473445/
Github Page: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk

Find the slot you are on from the fastboot bootloader earlier
Go to Windows Explorer and go to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\QFIL\COMPORT#
Transfer to your phone the boot_a.bin or boot_b.bin that you backed up in the COMPORT# folder.

Download and install Magisk Manager.
Open Magisk Manager and beside Magisk hit "Install" then "Select and Patch a File" and select the boot_a.bin or boot_b.bin.
After Magisk has patched your boot img you should have magisk_patched#####.img in your phones Download folder.
Transfer it to your PC.

Reboot to EDL
Open QFIL. Click Tools > Partition Manager.
Find the slot you are on from the fastboot bootloader earlier and right click on either boot_a or boot_b and select Manage Partition Data.
Click Load and select the magisk_patched#####.img file you transfered from your phone.
Wait for it to finish then Close Partition Manager. Your phone will reboot to EDL on its own after pressing OK. Wait on that.

Reboot to System by holding vol- and power till your phone reboots out of EDL then release both.
Your phone is now Bootloader Unlocked with Magisk Root.

Hopefully this helps.
This guide was written by me, but the information was provided by Cloud1250000.
If there are any errors let me know and I will fix.
Just one small question. Are we using the abl eng file to provide fastboot for the fastboot unsupported devices? And i am using a lm g820n korean version currently without fastboot support.
Thanks

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Google Pixel 3
Just one small question. Are we using the abl eng file to provide fastboot for the fastboot unsupported devices? And i am using a lm g820n korean version currently without fastboot support.
Thanks
Yes, it's the eng abl that provides fastboot. Pretty sure that none of the devices support fastboot natively, think the all need the eng abl to get it.

cheers

Reactions: sasindu

sasindu

Oct 10, 2012
Yes, it's the eng abl that provides fastboot. Pretty sure that none of the devices support fastboot natively, think the all need the eng abl to get it.

cheers
Dear AsltLies, iam in the middle of this process. My fastboot doesnt work. Tried switching off safeboot and test mode on in windows 10 pro. No luck. It just doesnt list my device. Can u help me please?
Thanks

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Google Pixel 3
Dear AsltLies, iam in the middle of this process. My fastboot doesnt work. Tried switching off safeboot and test mode on in windows 10 pro. No luck. It just doesnt list my device. Can u help me please?
Thanks
So, if I'm understanding correctly, your device is going into fastboot? right? It's just that the pc doesn't see it with 'fastboot devices'?

If that's the case the problem is a driver issue. Go to device manager and somewhere in that list should be 'Android !'

That's the indication u have an android device connected but no appropriate driver loaded it for it. Find that and then click load driver. Find the LG usb drivers you installed (or should have), in that list should be one for 'lg adb', use that.

yes it does say ADB, but it also works for fastboot. It's really a windows lame as crap thing. U may have already loaded that driver for that device, but in ADB. Windows make u do the same stupid thing to get fastboot to work with the exact same device.. pathetic really.

cheers

sasindu

Oct 10, 2012
So, if I'm understanding correctly, your device is going into fastboot? right? It's just that the pc doesn't see it with 'fastboot devices'?

If that's the case the problem is a driver issue. Go to device manager and somewhere in that list should be 'Android !'

That's the indication u have an android device connected but no appropriate driver loaded it for it. Find that and then click load driver. Find the LG usb drivers you installed (or should have), in that list should be one for 'lg adb', use that.

yes it does say ADB, but it also works for fastboot. It's really a windows lame as crap thing. U may have already loaded that driver for that device, but in ADB. Windows make u do the same stupid thing to get fastboot to work with the exact same device.. pathetic really.

cheers
Dear AsltLies, Thanks for the reply. However i got fastboot to work by using driverbooster according to youtube video.
Then i finished the process of unlocking the bootloader.
However when i try the last part of magisk rooting process by loading the patched file by magisk to boot_a it goes to a bootloop. I got out of the loop with a backup. Anyway what did i do wrong? Does the patched magisk file need any renaming or somethimg?
Thanks

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Google Pixel 3
Dear AsltLies, Thanks for the reply. However i got fastboot to work by using driverbooster according to youtube video.
Then i finished the process of unlocking the bootloader.
However when i try the last part of magisk rooting process by loading the patched file by magisk to boot_a it goes to a bootloop. I got out of the loop with a backup. Anyway what did i do wrong? Does the patched magisk file need any renaming or somethimg?
Thanks
Well, the first thing to understand is what the heck is the 'patched magisk' file?

I think u know, it's a boot partition. But for what variant? At&t? Sprint? etc etc etc.

You can't mix and match, it has to be for the variant u have, and it has to be the android version you have. So, if u have sprint android 10 version 20c, then u want that boot partition with magisk injected into it.

If u are trying to use some other boot partition, that's why it won't boot.

What boot partition (variant and version) is on your phone now?

sasindu

Oct 10, 2012

cheers
Another thing. Now my device shows an orange color message bootloader unlocked and it is some kind of security issue message. But it boots up. Thing is it went for a secure start up with 30 pin code. But i cant reset it with the button combination with that orange color message popping up. Any idea?

sasindu

Oct 10, 2012
Well, the first thing to understand is what the heck is the 'patched magisk' file?

I think u know, it's a boot partition. But for what variant? At&t? Sprint? etc etc etc.

You can't mix and match, it has to be for the variant u have, and it has to be the android version you have. So, if u have sprint android 10 version 20c, then u want that boot partition with magisk injected into it.

If u are trying to use some other boot partition, that's why it won't boot.

What boot partition (variant and version) is on your phone now?
In the rooting guide it says to transfer the patched magisk file to pc and load it to boot_a. That what iam referring to. My device is a LM G820n sk telecom korean variant now running open korea android 10 by following opid mismatch removal guide.
Thanks

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Google Pixel 3
In the rooting guide it says to transfer the patched magisk file to pc and load it to boot_a. That what iam referring to. My device is a LM G820n sk telecom korean variant now running open korea android 10 by following opid mismatch removal guide.
Thanks

so the orange message about boot loader unlock is normal, it does not go away, you cannot make it go away without re locking the boot loader.

Your current boot partition is then whatever rom it's running. U say it's korea open android 10, but I believe there are 3 or 4 versions of that, like 20a, 20b etc etc.

verify which one u have. Let me know and there may already be a boot partition with magisk in it available.

sasindu

Oct 10, 2012
so the orange message about boot loader unlock is normal, it does not go away, you cannot make it go away without re locking the boot loader.

Your current boot partition is then whatever rom it's running. U say it's korea open android 10, but I believe there are 3 or 4 versions of that, like 20a, 20b etc etc.

verify which one u have. Let me know and there may already be a boot partition with magisk in it available.
Its the 20b version. Any key combination to reset this to bypass the 30 pin key with the orange message popping?

sasindu

Oct 10, 2012
I don't know what you're referring to with the '30 pin key' ? I've seen the boot loader is unlocked message, and again, no, u cannot bypass that.
Sorry man. Not 30 pin key. My bad. Its the 30 attempt key normally u get when u downgrade. U can bypass that by resetting the device with the key combination. But now i cant get the key combination to work with the orange message popping.

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Google Pixel 3
Sorry man. Not 30 pin key. My bad. Its the 30 attempt key normally u get when u downgrade. U can bypass that by resetting the device with the key combination. But now i cant get the key combination to work with the orange message popping.

Terribly sorry but I am not familiar with what you're experiencing. I've never seen that and don't know anything about 30 attempt key anything.

The orange message is that the boot loader is unlocked, have seen that a million times, and there's nothing u can do about that happening.

I did find the needed boot image with magisk patched. I know it says v50 but it's indicated to work with g8 also. Be sure to back up current one and name it so you'll remember what it is and what it isn't ;)

Attachments

• magisk_patched_V500NO11r_00_OPEN_KR_OP_1017.img
    96 MB · Views: 11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i need help. im on the steps where you load the abl_a.bin modified boot. and im watching a video and he a option to save the partition. On Qfil i only have the option close. Do i have to save it or can i continue

Looks like you missed a part, you're suppose to left click the partition you want to modify / save / change, and then right click it and select 'manage partition'.

It's at that point you have the option to erase, load, etc. The output, at the bottom of the qfil app will tell you success / failure etc.

cheers
    Having same issues after upgrading to a11 I followed magisk root steps and till now no way to root how did you fix yours you mind explaining

For Magisk, do you tick the option "Preserve force encryption"? and so it's better to stay on Android 10 for rooting right?
    Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any problems from using this guide.
    Works for G8, G8s, G8x, and v50
    Confirmed working on G8 and v50

Requirements: Android 10

QFIL: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P7uGjIirqGRdkwlxgKf_idepDlv6_u-q/view?usp=sharing
    QFIL Driver: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sPJm1RuSoVX9JMEs-Gx8xNuEDadO6rpj/view?usp=sharing
    LG Mobile Driver:
    ADB: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nvlwaicFpDN_4DGR0BZRWUDgwQwYzOhS/view?usp=sharing
    Firehose: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ekI_d2-P9GdoakkSgk2hK1WHbQLIPlTQ/view?usp=sharing
    abl: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sye4gXsDfD8JVF5qfAMG_GDxSLKY6J6Q/view?usp=sharing

Verizon LG G8 only frp: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1294cXerj2_EkeGw1p38CcVPuyRfdS9N5/view?usp=sharing
    This Verizon FRP img was only tested on LG G8 Verizon and is not recommended to be used on other Verizon Variants as it will prevent the phone from booting.

Bootloader Unlock
    Unlocking your bootloader will erase all data on your phone

First Install LG Mobile Driver, QFIL driver, and QFIL (Select first option, WWAN)

All Variants other than Verizon: Go to Settings, > System > About Phone > Software Info > Tap Build Number 7 Times.
    Go back to Settings > System > Developer Options. Check Enable OEM Unlock
    Enable OEM Unlock.jpg

Boot you phone into EDL
    You can make sure that your phone is in EDL by plugging your phone to your pc and checking the Device Manager > Ports > Qualcom HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM#)
    Device Manager - Ports.jpg
    Hold Vol- and Power, when the phone screen turns off to restart begin quickly pressing the vol+ but keep holding vol- and power.
    Here is a youtube video of how to boot to EDL:

Open QFIL, Select your Phone's Port, Select Flat Build under Select Build Type, Select the Firehose.elf file under Select Programmer, on the bottom right of QFIL select UFS as the Storage Type.
    QFIL.jpg
    Click Tools > Partition Manager.
    Find Abl_a and right click on it and select Manage Partition Data. Click Read to backup your abl_a.
    right click manage partition data.jpg
    Rename your ReadData_ufs_Lun4.bin to abl_a.bin
    change readdata to abl.jpg

Do the same with abl_b, boot_a, and boot_b.
    Boot_a and Boot_b is for Magisk Root. Skip if you only want Bootloader Unlock.
    abl a and b finished.jpg

Go back to Partition Manager and right click on abl_a again then select Manage Partition Data, then Select Load and choose the abl engineering file.
    Do the same for abl_b.

Once your phone is in Fastboot it should say
    Device State: Locked and Active A/B Slot - _a or _b
    remember whichever slot your device says and stay on that slot, you may risk bricking if you change to the other slot. You also need this for Root later.
    Fastboot Bootloader Locked and Slot.jpg

Extract the ADB.zip
    open a Command Prompt and change the directory to the adb folder you just extracted
    cd C:\adb
    run fastboot devices in that command prompt. it should show "LMG850UM fastboot"

Move the backed up abl_a.bin and abl_b.bin to the adb folder, also frp_verizon.img if you have the verizon LG G8.
    Move abl a and b to adb folder.jpg
    Verizon LG G8 only: Run fastboot flash frp frp_verizon.img then fastboot reboot-bootloader

Run fastboot oem unlock
    Select Unlock The Bootloader with your arrow keys and press the Power Button
    BL Unlock NoYes.jpg
    Reboot back to the Bootloader. Unplug your phone, Power off, Hold Vol-, then Plug it in.
    Your phone should say Device State – unlocked now
    Fastboot Bootloader Unlocked and Slot.jpg

Now fastboot flash abl_a abl_a.bin
    and fastboot flash abl_b abl_b.bin
    Finish with fastboot reboot
    Your Phone Is now Bootloader Unlocked.

Magisk Root
    Only do this after you have followed the above guide and have Unlocked your Bootloader.

Magisk
    Xda Forum: https://forum.xda-developers.com/f/magisk.5903/
    Xda Thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/magisk-the-magic-mask-for-android.3473445/
    Github Page: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk

Find the slot you are on from the fastboot bootloader earlier
    Transfer to your phone the boot_a.bin or boot_b.bin that you backed up in the COMPORT# folder.

Download and install Magisk Manager.
    Open Magisk Manager and beside Magisk hit "Install" then "Select and Patch a File" and select the boot_a.bin or boot_b.bin.
    After Magisk has patched your boot img you should have magisk_patched#####.img in your phones Download folder.
    Transfer it to your PC.

Reboot to EDL
    Open QFIL. Click Tools > Partition Manager.
    Find the slot you are on from the fastboot bootloader earlier and right click on either boot_a or boot_b and select Manage Partition Data.
    Click Load and select the magisk_patched#####.img file you transfered from your phone.
    Wait for it to finish then Close Partition Manager. Your phone will reboot to EDL on its own after pressing OK. Wait on that.

Reboot to System by holding vol- and power till your phone reboots out of EDL then release both.
    Your phone is now Bootloader Unlocked with Magisk Root.

Hopefully this helps.
    This guide was written by me, but the information was provided by Cloud1250000.
    If there are any errors let me know and I will fix.
    Do the same for abl_b.

Maybe I'm not catching on to something but, following the guide I don't have a abl_b.bin file besides the one backed up.
    There was a link provided for an abl_a.bin file.
    What am I not understanding?

Okay I got it this morning. Reread it still didn't understand but had some hunches so check around the net about LG dual sim unlocking and then it clicked. It was meant to say load the engineering file provided into both abl_a and abl_b

Thanks for the guide maybe rephrase that part. I was super confused for a bit, would never overwrite something with a different name without being super clear.
    Ok, so maybe you unlocked the bootloader, still not sure. But you didn't even root? How do you consider this a success then?

Well, to answer the first part of your response here are a couple images (jpg type)

And for the rest of your response, I am going to try to finish out this tutorial this morning. I can say this much in advance: I have found that once a phone has been bootloader unlocked, gaining root (whether it be by magisk, the ol' SuperSU, or whatever) becomes an eventuality of overwhelmingly high likelihood of success. I am saying 'high likelihood' only because I realize that there are never any absolute guarantees in XDA, and it's not a good idea to jinx yourself by getting overconfident. So I'm gonna try to get rooted here and keep my fingers crossed, but I personally can not recall ever hearing of a phone whose bootloader is unlocked, that couldn't be rooted.
    v50thinQ.jpg
    v50thinq2.jpg
    can't access download mode. getting waring that the phone didn't pass safety check and keeps on booting to fastboot mode. any help will be greatly appreciated. was trying to root and this happened. bootloader is unlocked. can access fastboot but no download mode. V500N

I had similar experience, it's just a lil tricky. I found it was easiest to boot phone completely, plug into computer, you hear the pc chime when phone is recognized, at that point hold the vol - and power until the pc chimes the disconnect, then immediately release the power button and tap the vol + repeatedly (usually 1-3 times) until the PC chimes connected, this all while still holding vol -. Practice how to hold the phone, release power and tap a few time and then it was easy.
    It should since the abl used is from a g8x and it worked on my v50 sprint.. :)