Guide LG G8/G8x/v50 Bootloader Unlock and Magisk Root using Firehose

AntonioxD90

Feb 17, 2021
[QUOTE = "rjohnson2, publicación: 84512591, miembro: 4639441"]
Gracias, ¿sabes si hay alguna forma de lograrlo una vez que tengamos desbloqueo y root?
[/CITA]
Entonces solo me sirve este proceso para ser root? :((

luffyacekun

Feb 19, 2021
Hi, Thank you for the tutorial. I have rooted my phone once. My phone is v50 sprint. I follow another tutorial to remove sprint's bloatware and bootup animation.
I've use magisk to flash twrp (and lost root), then twrp some how cannot mount my storage so I cannot flash anything.
I decided to go back qfil to flash magisk back but after flash magisk image I've got bootloop.
I went back to qfil and flashed stock boot_a.bin. then I can boot but there is something strange. the sprint's boot animation disappeared, my phone show LG's boot animation.
Now i can totaly using my phone but I cannot root it one more time. follow the button combine to fastboot will direct me to the recovery (image 2: something like this, this is not my phone, I downloaded this image from internet)
I've tried to patch my boot_a.bin again using magisk manager but still get bootloop.
I have lost my fastboot menu, is there anyway can I get it back?
p/s: I am not a native speaker, so if there is some thing hard to understand, please let me know.

Attachments

mangojain

Jul 24, 2010
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any problems from using this guide.
Works for G8, G8s, G8x, and v50
Confirmed working on G8 and v50

This guide was written by me, but the information was provided by Cloud1250000.
If there are any errors let me know and I will fix.
Are you even aware that many G8 models do not allow booting into fastboot? Your post should carry a very strong warning at the top regarding this point.
I nearly bricked my phone trying this procedure , and where were you when I asked for help to flash back the stock rom??
You get a double thumbs down from me!

Faylynx

Apr 10, 2020
I'm working with Sprint g8 Thinq LM-G820UMKIT on Android 10. Every time i go to Partition Manager it starts connecting to my phone and sits for about a minute then it come back with an error saying "DownloadFail:Sahara Fail:QSharaServerFailProcess fail".

Its on Flat build
Its has the right programmer path set to the firehose file
and it is set to ufs storage type

Any suggestions?
Hello, I had this problem and found a QFIL forum stating this is a problem to do with the driver. After trying to just reboot with driver sig off on windows 10 and it still didn't work I searched for a new driver and uninstalled the Qualcomm modem driver that was previously installed. It worked just fine and I finished the entire rooting process with the driver from here. I also backed up most of the files I gathered from all the sites along the way but only the driver and the magisk manager is added to my public folder.
This is my Onedrive public folder you should be able to download by checking to left side of the file then download will appear above on the left, I just logged out and checked it myself.

[edit]
I just searched my history and found the page that also has the 32 bit driver! So many drivers too many pages!

[Edit]
Here's another link, if you need files follow guides that incur similar processes. LGMobileDriver_WHQL_Ver_4.4.2.exe Windows

Recovery Firmwares

Anyone know where to find more pages like this one please msg me links:

Last edited:

justanutt

Apr 10, 2013
I need help with my Verizon lg g8. I am on 20a. I tried to unlock the bootloader and somehow got my phone hosed. I can get to download mode, and even flash in lgup. The problem is after the flash, lgup says it's complete but does not change the system to 20i. It stays at 20a and hangs at logo screen. It will not boot completely. Any help would be appreciated. 👍

Also, when I reboot it does the circle erasing data thing and then goes to the boot logo screen.

Attachments

Faylynx

Apr 10, 2020
It is possible to backup your phone and someone with a rooted phone should be able to create files for someone else to download but you would have to find them that tutorial, I think there was one for the g8 but things like these are ordinarily universal if you use the terminal on the phone to identify partitions and then modify the instructions for your device. I find many guides in different phone root/unlock guides that will work on any phone and would probably help if there was a forum for all the universal stuff and how to get your devices information which usually involves installing terminal and running cat proc etc. linux stuff

Keke.ua

Nov 2, 2020
DownloadFail: Sahara Fail: QSharaServerFailProcess fail ". Such error when selecting partition. Qfil used 2.0.3.5 / 2.0.2.3 the result is the same lg g8 sprint android 10 g820u21d

robnitro

Feb 21, 2010
DownloadFail: Sahara Fail: QSharaServerFailProcess fail ". Such error when selecting partition. Qfil used 2.0.3.5 / 2.0.2.3 the result is the same lg g8 sprint android 10 g820u21d
I didn't have luck with windows 10, so I used a windows 7 pc. You might want to try that instead.

Faylynx

Apr 10, 2020
Reactions: vovakum

justanutt

Apr 10, 2013