[(GUIDE)] Lg V410 kitkat return to stock w/o pc.

Search This thread

Swizzle82

Dec 20, 2013
Texas
So here's my little guide on returning your v410 to stock unrooted from kitkat.

First of all download the stock rooted rom by @timmytim
http://xdaforums.com/g-pad-10/development/rom-v410-onlykot49i-v4101d-4-4-2-rooted-t3040208
Next download the stock recovery img.
here's a link to an image I made before flashing twrp on my v410. I've restored it with dd and flashify and it works fine. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1l3W9XHAqEgX0ZCUWc1QTlfWjg/edit?usp=docslist_api
Have flashify installed
Busy box app by stericson installed, I have pro.

Boot into twrp
Flash stock rom. Do not wipe anything!!
Reboot

Wait for apps to optimize.

Upon reboot flash the stock recovery via flashify. Once succeeded just press the home button to exit out!!
Open busy box wait for it to load and choose uninstall, normal uninstall not smart.
Reboot

Upon reboot open up su. Do not update binary!!
Scroll through settings and tick Full Unroot, select yes and wait.
Once uninstalled it will exit out on it's own
Reboot

Download root checker and check, you should be unrooted and able to factory reset or whatever you choose.

You removed busy box so there should be no traces of root.

Last edited:

LXative

Dec 7, 2010
North Carolina
Samsung Galaxy S22
So this works fine, I said "screw it" last night and flashed it. I decided to keep root though......so I just went from CM Nightlies on LL....back to KK. Oh man I missed KK. :silly: :good:

Only thing is, I went into bootloop after flashing the ROM, so I booted into TWRP and did a full wipe (minus external SD), did a factory reset.....and flashed it again. Booted up fine, and with an hour I was getting a prompt for an OTA being available. :cowboy:

joeclark

ok, i followed your guide here and several others on the interweb. I am stumped. I am trying to install the update, but when I do i get that updates are not for rooted devices.

I did do a full unroot via supersu and flashed the stock recovery. When I put it in download mode, it says that it is still rooted. What did I do wrong?

little background, this all started when i was stock rooted and running xposed and twrp, and accidentally allowed my kid to install an update with out looking and got stuck in a twrp bootloop. flashed test build and then I am here. Any help would be appreciated.

coughsyrup4u

Mar 7, 2016
any updates?

ok, i followed your guide here and several others on the interweb. I am stumped. I am trying to install the update, but when I do i get that updates are not for rooted devices.

I did do a full unroot via supersu and flashed the stock recovery. When I put it in download mode, it says that it is still rooted. What did I do wrong?.

Hey did the same and i'm now in the same predicament. i know its been a while but did u manage to figure it out by any chance?

williambright80

Jan 17, 2017
So this works fine, I said "screw it" last night and flashed it. I decided to keep root though......so I just went from CM Nightlies on LL....back to KK. Oh man I missed KK. :silly: :good:

Only thing is, I went into bootloop after flashing the ROM, so I booted into TWRP and did a full wipe (minus external SD), did a factory reset.....and flashed it again. Booted up fine, and with an hour I was getting a prompt for an OTA being available. :cowboy:
did you have a Sim card in it?

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

I did do a full unroot via supersu and flashed the stock recovery. When I put it in download mode, it says that it is still rooted. What did I do wrong?

little background, this all started when i was stock rooted and running xposed and twrp, and accidentally allowed my kid to install an update with out looking and got stuck in a twrp bootloop. flashed test build and then I am here. Any help would be appreciated.
ok so there is a zip for stock non testbuild. But how did the device pop up with a update wouldn't it not update if you had a custom recovery