[Guide] LG Wing Demo Conversion

Search This thread

kaluna00

Mar 24, 2011
Tacoma
This is due to the firmware you're flashing. For the demo conversion, you have to do the Korean firmware first, then to do something like Verizon, you need the LGUP 1.16 tool from my other post, use ChipErase in that tool and it'll flash just fine. You have to wipe the partition that checks variation, which is what chip erase is for
You guys are smrt and stuff

firefurby

Jun 16, 2008
LG Wing
This is due to the firmware you're flashing. For the demo conversion, you have to do the Korean firmware first, then to do something like Verizon, you need the LGUP 1.16 tool from my other post, use ChipErase in that tool and it'll flash just fine. You have to wipe the partition that checks variation, which is what chip erase is for

Thanks for the quick reply and for your previous post / YouTube video. I went for it and ChipErased. That succeeded and lets me flash the other KDZ, but when the phone reboots, it's still in Korean. Is that expected?

some ideas i have on these issues with imei and fingerprint. is the fingerprint reader have a flex cable. maybe not since its part of the display. imei writing cqn be done with those fancy boxes that i just cant bring myself to get dont know if i would justify the expense this late in my life but you know the z3x or the octoplus. the https://phonlabtech.com/ site is where you learn how to write advanced stuff like imei and all the super huge brain stuff they have on their. its a paid site but if you are fast you can learn a lot in 1 month for less than 50 bucks.

some ideas i have on these issues with imei and fingerprint. is the fingerprint reader have a flex cable. maybe not since its part of the display. imei writing cqn be done with those fancy boxes that i just cant bring myself to get dont know if i would justify the expense this late in my life but you know the z3x or the octoplus. the https://phonlabtech.com/ site is where you learn how to write advanced stuff like imei and all the super huge brain stuff they have on their. its a paid site but if you are fast you can learn a lot in 1 month for less than 50 bucks.

IMEI can be added via PDM flashing with the same firmware that's already installed on a device. No need for the fancy MiracleBox stuff and all that. There's zero reason to pay for a service to learn things like that. All that stuff is also possible to find for free. Also any "company" that takes money to teach FRP bypassing is already sketchy. Their "FRP Bypass" tool only works on "security patch oct 2019 and older" also it adds stuff to your C:\Windows folder

As for the fingerprint, I'm debating tearing down my phone anyway, I'd bet you there's no sensor there. The glowing green on screen is just that, a software part, but I'd bet money there's no sensor under the screen and that's why it doesn't work. Companies leave hardware out of demo devices constantly. Samsung sometimes doesn't even include Modems in their demo devices at all, batteries are also smaller capacity that consumer devices.

gd243

Sep 18, 2021
That is very true too. But based on the fact that the demo units have the functioning 5G modem and the full 256GB of storage, it would honestly surprise me if they didn’t have a functioning scanner.

As for the IMEI, I’m assuming those people have changed the default IMEI and generated a new one. Based on other discussion threads on XDA, it appears to be frowned upon / illegal in some countries to discuss how to change the IMEI. All I can say is that it is possible, just hidden. If you’ve gotten to the point that you’re modifying a demo device like this, you’re probably the type that’s willing to poke around menus you’re not supposed to be in, so it shouldn’t be too hard to figure it out.
I haven't changed the IMEI on mine. I just put a SIM card in and it's worked ever since. It's been my main phone since September and I haven't run into any major issues.

gd243

Sep 18, 2021
IMEI can be added via PDM flashing with the same firmware that's already installed on a device. No need for the fancy MiracleBox stuff and all that. There's zero reason to pay for a service to learn things like that. All that stuff is also possible to find for free. Also any "company" that takes money to teach FRP bypassing is already sketchy. Their "FRP Bypass" tool only works on "security patch oct 2019 and older" also it adds stuff to your C:\Windows folder

As for the fingerprint, I'm debating tearing down my phone anyway, I'd bet you there's no sensor there. The glowing green on screen is just that, a software part, but I'd bet money there's no sensor under the screen and that's why it doesn't work. Companies leave hardware out of demo devices constantly. Samsung sometimes doesn't even include Modems in their demo devices at all, batteries are also smaller capacity that consumer devices.
Entirely possible, but at the same time you'd think that if they were to go that far they'd also take out the other unimportant stuff (at least on a demo device). Most other demo units seem to remove the modem or have much less actual storage, but this isn't the case with the Wing.

Entirely possible, but at the same time you'd think that if they were to go that far they'd also take out the other unimportant stuff (at least on a demo device). Most other demo units seem to remove the modem or have much less actual storage, but this isn't the case with the Wing.

Definitely true. I mean the other possibility is also that since LG was leaving the mobile world anyway after the wing, they also just didn't give a damn lol

waseem.gani

Apr 15, 2013
can we use chip erase to flash verizon firmware to convert korean lg wing

kaluna00

Mar 24, 2011
Tacoma
I'm still on the original version of 10 I flashed on here, but if anyone's able to confirm it works it might be about time I gave it a go.
Everything seems to be working great here. Battery might suffer a little bit but I rarely run at below 10% in a given day. About 530am to 11pm without charging.

Attachments

• Screenshots_2022-05-22-21-51-25.png
    Screenshots_2022-05-22-21-51-25.png
    200.5 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: surgemanx

surgemanx

Jan 29, 2022
I had mine flashed with Verizon and T-Mobile firmware and it updated every time with no problem!The key thing is to make sure you write a IMEI for that carrier.

Last edited:

Devil Zero G

Dec 22, 2013
Sangre Grande
Hi, everyone, Just a quick update and a question, I got my demo LG Wing from ebay, it came with android 11 (Korean firmware) I'm in love with this phone, everything works fine but I'm curious about the fingerprint sensor, I know it's been disabled for security reasons but has anyone found out anything about getting it to work? My friend has a demo Velvet and I managed to get the fingerprint sensor working by following a guide on xda but I haven't seen anything for the demo wing yet. I've also had no luck finding the right code to get into the hidden menu. Any info would be great, thanks.
EDIT: found the code (#*462633*#100# ) but still no luck with the sensor.

Last edited:

Surgemanxx

Jun 21, 2022
LG G8X ThinQ
LG V60 ThinQ
Hi, everyone, Just a quick update and a question, I got my demo LG Wing from ebay, it came with android 11 (Korean firmware) I'm in love with this phone, everything works fine but I'm curious about the fingerprint sensor, I know it's been disabled for security reasons but has anyone found out anything about getting it to work? My friend has a demo Velvet and I managed to get the fingerprint sensor working by following a guide on xda but I haven't seen anything for the demo wing yet. I've also had no luck finding the right code to get into the hidden menu. Any info would be great, thanks.
It won't ever work.I tried many many times to calibrate it with the demo board and nothing.I swapped my demo board for a AT&T variant,and the fingerprint sensor works like a champ.

Reactions: Devil Zero G

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It won't ever work.I tried many many times to calibrate it with the demo board and nothing.I swapped my demo board for a AT&T variant,and the fingerprint sensor works like a champ.
    Hi, everyone, I recently got an old demo Wing and decided to try seeing if I could remove the software restrictions (charge limit, etc). I originally intended to use it as a media device, but after successfully flashing retail firmware found that it could be used as an actual phone! I pieced this together using a bunch of posts and guides for various phones, but figured I'd share what worked for me here. I've only tested the unlocked Korean firmware on my unit, though others have supposedly used Verizon or T-Mobile firmware.

REQUIREMENTS:
    Android Debug Bridge (ADB)
    LG Mobile Driver (select universal)
    LGUP terminal flash
    Firmware - I used the Korean unlocked linked here, but in theory any KDZ for the Wing should work.

Before starting, uninstall the retail mode app and sign out of any google accounts on the device.

REMOVING DEMO MODE:
    NOTE: This section should probably work on most recent LG demo devices. If it works for you, please let me know!

Step 1: Install the LG mobile driver on your computer.
    Step 2: Extract the contents of the ADB .zip file.
    Step 3: Power on the phone and enable developer mode. It's the same as any other phone (go to Settings > About > Software Info and tap on "Build Number" until it says "You are now a developer!), however you may be prompted for a password. The default password is L310MC570G.
    Step 4: In the developer options, enable USB debugging.
    Step 5: Connect the phone to your computer. Make sure that it’s set to “charge only” and not “media sync” or anything else in the notification. It should prompt you to allow your computer to access the phone for debugging when you connect it.
    Step 6: On your computer, open a terminal in the ADB folder. Type ".\adb.exe devices" (no quotatations) and the phone should show up in there. If that works, type ".\adb.exe shell"
    Step 7: Enter the command "am start -S com.android.settings/.Settings\$DeviceAdminSettingsActivity" to open the Device Administrators menu. Uncheck Retail Mode.
    Step 8: Enter the command "pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.lge.retailmode" to remove retail mode.
    Step 9: Restart the phone and you should be good to go. This doesn't remove the charging limit or cellular restrictions, but it removes most of the annoying demo stuff.

FLASHING:
    NOTE: This is for the LG Wing only. Some devices like the Velvet may work, but others (such as the V60) reportedly brick if you try to flash stock firmware. Attempt at your own risk.

Step 1: Install the LG mobile driver on your computer if you haven't already.
    Step 2: Extract the LGUP flash utility and place it in your C:\ directory. Ensure the filepath is C:\LGUP-FLASH-Utility\[Contents of folder], otherwise it will not work.
    Step 3: Copy your firmware (.kdz) file to the LGUP-FLASH-Utility folder.
    Step 4: Put your phone into download mode. To do this, power off the phone and connect it to your computer while holding the volume up button.
    Step 5: Run LGUP-FLASH-Utility.exe.
    Step 6: Pick option 1. Find the COM port number the phone is using- the program and documentation should indicate which you need.
    Step 7: After finding this, press enter to return to the menu and select option 2.
    Step 8: Enter the port number again. Don't type "COM," just the port number itself.
    Step 9: Follow the prompts to select the proper file. You'll need to type the full name.
    Step 10: If all goes well, the program should start flashing the firmware. Leave it be until the program says it is complete, even if it appears to boot into Android. It will take approximately 5-10 minutes.
    Step 11: If all goes well, you should now have a much more usable LG Wing. Disconnect and enjoy!

What works:
    -SIM card/modem (data, call and text all work fine)
    -Full battery capacity
    -Unless it's in the other section, it's safe to assume it probably works!

What doesn't work:
    -Fingerprint sensor

Other notes:
    -The Korean firmware is what I flashed, and it works fine. However, this post seems to indicate that you can flash the stock Verizon firmware and then T-Mobile firmware. I haven't tested this.
    -There's an error when starting the phone, but it doesn't affect its functionality.
    -At times, I've had SMS/calling stop working, but toggling airplane mode on and off seems to fix it.

Edit: Changed firmware link to the exact file I used (F100N11b_00_COM_KR_OP_0119.kdz)

Edit 2: I've been using this phone for around 2 months now as my daily driver with no major issues since flashing the stock firmware
    Ok but how can i uninstall the demo mode app at the first place? The guide is interesting but i guess you should include that as well
    There's a bunch of guides online you can follow, but I've added how to do this to the post.
    So i was successfully able to remove the demo mode, but when i try to flash using LGUP (after doing all the steps) it shows "Flash done" but nothing changes
    Any idea what's wrong? I downloaded everything from this guide
    Thanks in advance
    Double check that your files are extracted in the proper place. The LGUP-FLASH-Utility folder should be in your C: directory and the files should be inside it. It should look something like this (I'm using Windows 11, but the folder layout should be the same).

Screenshot 2021-09-28 170124.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-28 170142.png
    There are three types of firmware for three korean cellular networks: KTF, SKT and LGT. Which one did you choose?
    The exact firmware file name was F100N11b_00_COM_KR_OP_0119.kdz
    Yo, thanks for putting this together man! This is huge! I was able to flash mine and get it working. I figured out you can get an IMEI in the service menu (for development purposes only)😉 I'm on the Korean firmware that you listed in the guide, but I want to try and get it on the TMobile firmware since that's the carrier I have and I want to see if it will have wifi calling. I wasn't able to flash the TMobile file the other day but I will try a few other firmwares and see what I can do. I noticed on the Korean one, you can't update through settings and I'm not sure why. This thing will be totally legit if I can get it on the newest TMobile firmware with wifi calling and OTA updates for when the wing gets android 11. The last thing we need is to figure out how to get the fingerprint scanner working!