[Guide][Magisk][A10 - 13] Guide to install Viper4Android for Oneplus 8 Pro

Search This thread

Extreme_Ninja2099

Jan 1, 2017
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 6T
This is a guide to install mods for OP8 Pro that improves the stereo speaker setup. I have helped many OP8 Pro users to achieve this. Some other OP users as well.
Custom ROMs that work with this mod (TESTED):
Stock Oxygen OS 11 (not 12/13)
CrDroid
Evolution X

*I am not responsible for bricked devices, damage to your device*
I am here to post my method for anyone who is interested. I have tested this myself and helped others to do this.

Issues:
IMPORTANT:

Setting SElinux can have security issues noted by @topjohnwu.
Viper4Android can be installed with SElinux Enforcing and Permissive. Choose SElinux Enforcing not Permissive

Installation Method:

With new Viper4Android Repackaged module
If you have other audio mods
  1. Download Audio Modification Library from the links section
  2. Install Audio Modification Library, reboot and disable it
Otherwise, skip to the next step
  1. Download the latest Viper4Android Repackaged module from the links section
If you want to use the extra V4A features...
  • Download and extract all the guide setup or the other .zip file I attached below on your device. You need the DDC, Kernel and Preset folders.
  • If you downloaded and extracted on a separate device: Connect your device, copy and paste the folders into your internal storage.
  1. Install the Viper4Android Repackaged module.
  2. Reboot.
  3. Open the app and grant root
DISCLAIMER: On custom ROMs or certain devices, the drivers are installed, but NOT working properly after reboot. Just continue the method and comment if there are issues once u have finished the method.

If you have Audio Modification Library installed

1. Now go into magisk manager, go into modules and enable AML.
  2. Reboot
  1. If u used the guide setup.zip file: in V4A app just press the file icon for presets and choose the preset.
  2. Now make sure V4A driver is running (read Notes) and go into convolver -> impulse response. Choose any kernel, and done. OR choose the preset for that and done. If you have issues, make sure legacy mode is on but it is on by default.
Choose to your heart's desire if you downloaded all the V4A DDC and kernel files.
I personally use Dolby Digital Plus - Centre kernel

Done, also post the settings or kernels and your thoughts. :)
I also attached a screenshot of my configuration

Also, for new users if u connect your earphones like via headphone jack, USB-C or Bluetooth. You can tweak those as well. Not just your SPEAKERS! BUT some earphones can be damaged as well, so tweak them at your own risk.
After much tweaking myself. I think I have made my speakers much better on my 8 Pro.
I have attached a screenshot to the thread at the bottom. I have attached a screenshot for my headphones too!
I have added the individual settings as well. If u want to tweak them just press the text and it should expand.
The toggles I have on are for my speakers:
  • Master Limiter
  • Playback gain Control: Strength: 2, Maximum gain: 3X, Output threshold: -1.9dB
  • Convolver: Dolby Digital Plus - Centre, Cross Channel 100%
  • Speaker optimization
I have also tweaked my Bluetooth earphones as well with a DDC and the screenshot is attached below. I recommend Dolby headphone Live, but that's up to you.
U can add files in the DDC folders in the Android folder, but reboot and then tweak to see the difference. U CAN RISK DAMAGE IF U TWEAK TOO MUCH
You have completed the guide and can now experience dual/stereo-like speakers on your OP6/6T.
Enjoy :)
If anyone has any issues with this guide. Post a message and I'll get back to you :)

Notes:

Viper4Android sometimes doesn't turn on properly. So, play music and open the app to check the driver. The Driver status if it's working (NEON enable: yes, Enabled: yes, Status: Normal) and turn on the master limiter to see if there's an effect. This should give you an indication if V4A is working or not
  • I have attached DDC files below and you do the same thing with kernel files, but they are used for headphones.
  • You can try and use the preset (profiles). You don't have to use the preset files, they are there to make the setup easier for those who don't want to tweak too much.
  • If u want to add the custom presets:
    1. Choose the specific presets u want
    2. Transfer them into Android -> data -> com.pittvandewitt.viperfx -> files -> presets
    3. Transfer the V4A.zip in internal storage
    4. Reflash the V4A.zip again and reboot
    5. Install the V4A driver again and reboot
    6. V4A driver should be working, check the presets and it should be there
  • Enjoy having your presets

Fix for V4A:
There has been noted issues during the installation with V4A. If you experienced a bootloop after installing V4A in magisk...
Boot into OrangeFox, -> advanced -> file manager -> data/abd/magisk/modules and delete the V4A folder.
Reboot to system, install the module in magisk again and reboot. It should install.

Another issue was that V4A driver is installed properly, but there are no enhancements to the sound. To fix this, go into settings -> turn on and off the legacy mode toggle. This should restart the effect and make it stay on.

Links:
Modules required
Audio Modification Library Link
Download Viper4Android and one of the preset files if u want Viper4Android installed
Viper4Android Module Link
Viper4Android Repackaged Module Link
All Viper4Android preset files Link
Viper4Android files for this guide is attached below
All DDC, Kernel, and Presets in one zip is attached below

Threads where the modules are from
Audio Modification Library Thread Here

Credits:
@Zackptg5 for his Audio Modification Library and Viper4Android module
@Vimal Vinz for the V4A DDC + Kernel + profiles

Attachments

• V4A Speaker Settings.jpg
    V4A Speaker Settings.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 499
  • V4A Headphone Settings.jpg
    V4A Headphone Settings.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 492
  • Viper4Android_DDC+Kernel+Presets.zip
    76.4 MB · Views: 1,572
  • Guide Setup.zip
    801.3 KB · Views: 447
Last edited:

Extreme_Ninja2099

Jan 1, 2017
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 6T
Updates
  • 10/9/22 - Removed step for the option to choose Enforcing or Permissive for SElinux during Viper4Android module install. It has been removed
  • 15/1/22 - Released the XDA thread that is a guide to install Viper4Android for the OP8 Pro
    • Not sure about the OP8 sadly as I don't own one and this guide could be used for other android devices too
    • This guide is a duplicate from my previous dual speaker guide for the OnePlus 6/6T. But this guide can be used for other android devices or users who just want to install Viper4Android
  • 2/11/22 - Updated the Installation method as I found a new updated version of Viper4Android (Repackaged)
    • Tested the module and it works on Android 12 and Android 13
    • AML does work on Android 13 as well
  • 3/2/23 - Updated the method Viper4Android method as repackaged installs the DDC, Kernel and preset files during installation.
    • So, u can just download and extract the compressed .zip file into internal storage and V4A will install the files for you during installation.

Last edited:

DeMiane

Dec 14, 2019
Issues:
IMPORTANT:

Viper4Android can be installed with SElinux Enforcing and Permissive. Choose SElinux Enforcing not Permissive

Installation Method:

1. Install Audio Modification Library, reboot and disable it
  2. Install the viper4Android module.
  3. Choose the option to install with SElinux Enforcing not SElinux Permissive
  4. If a new version of viper4Android module is available, install that
  5. Reboot.
  6. Open the app and grant root
  7. Install drivers in the app and it will reboot automatically
Hello! Can't install on OnePlus Nord 2. SElinux Enforcing.

You are describing a method here with 'not SElinux Permissive'

Help me please.

2. Choose the option to install with SElinux Enforcing. When installing the module, there is no such preset. Basically, I've tried everything. It doesn't work... you need to somehow change SElinux

Extreme_Ninja2099

Jan 1, 2017
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 6T
Hello! Can't install on OnePlus Nord 2. SElinux Enforcing.

You are describing a method here with 'not SElinux Permissive'

Help me please.

2. Choose the option to install with SElinux Enforcing. When installing the module, there is no such preset. Basically, I've tried everything. It doesn't work... you need to somehow change SElinux
U could just uninstall the v4A module in magisk manager. Then try again and choose SElinux enforcing. Also, this guide is for the 8 pro not nord 2. I don't own a nord 2 and only tested on the 8 pro

Extreme_Ninja2099

Jan 1, 2017
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 6T
oxygen is the same. And when does he suggest choosing SELinux? It installs automatically and that's it.
First of, what version of magisk are u using? I only use stable (V23), where are u getting the viper4android .zip file/module? I have added the download link in the thread. If ur getting it from magisk manager, the one to use is the viper4android FX (Not legacy and not XHiFi)

DeMiane

Dec 14, 2019
First of, what version of magisk are u using? I only use stable (V23), where are u getting the viper4android .zip file/module? I have added the download link in the thread. If ur getting it from magisk manager, the one to use is the viper4android FX (Not legacy and not XHiFi)
Yes, I'm using version 23 of Magisk. I tried to install viper4android FX (Not legacy and not XHiFi) from the Magisk repository, as well as separately downloaded zip viper4android FX v2,7,2,1. But it doesn’t give a choice in which mode to put it, it just puts it all. Android 11. My English is bad, maybe I'm not expressing myself accurately, sorry. Also install the AML library. I saw how they put it on Pixel 3 / 4a, but the version of magisk is exactly 21.1. I can't downgrade.

Extreme_Ninja2099

Jan 1, 2017
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 6T
Yes, I'm using version 23 of Magisk. I tried to install viper4android FX (Not legacy and not XHiFi) from the Magisk repository, as well as separately downloaded zip viper4android FX v2,7,2,1. But it doesn’t give a choice in which mode to put it, it just puts it all. Android 11. My English is bad, maybe I'm not expressing myself accurately, sorry. Also install the AML library. I saw how they put it on Pixel 3 / 4a, but the version of magisk is exactly 21.1. I can't downgrade.
Do u install it in magisk manager? if u installed it properly (without the magisk manager crashing) and leave it to install... The install terminal should show a question + options for u to choose if u want SElinux enforcing or permissive. U choose by pressing volum up or down. Up for enforcing and down for permissive. The the reboot button should show up. Maybe take a screen shot and show it here

DeMiane

Dec 14, 2019
( Нет выбора и app faled

Attachments

• photo_2022-01-24_18-18-39.jpg
    photo_2022-01-24_18-18-39.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 103

DeMiane

Dec 14, 2019
Do u install it in magisk manager? if u installed it properly (without the magisk manager crashing) and leave it to install... The install terminal should show a question + options for u to choose if u want SElinux enforcing or permissive. U choose by pressing volum up or down. Up for enforcing and down for permissive. The the reboot button should show up. Maybe take a screen shot and show it here
(No choice and app failed

Attachments

• photo_2022-01-24_18-18-39.jpg
    photo_2022-01-24_18-18-39.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 59

Extreme_Ninja2099

Jan 1, 2017
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 6T

DeMiane

Dec 14, 2019
I previously checked my comments and found that V4A can cause SElinux to be permissive on some OSs. There's a magisk module that will set your SElinux back to Enforcing with no app needed and it's a just a command that will set your SELinux back to enforcing during every boot. https://xdaforums.com/t/module-debugging-modules-adb-root-selinux-permissive-enable-eng.4050041/
I'll test ... this post also interested me, by the way, changing boot.img did not help, is the phone bootlop. This is what I experimented with.

DeMiane

Dec 14, 2019
May I add Android 12 instruction to this thread.
(Only custom 12 ROMs since ColorOS12 I cant enable permissive.)

You should goto app settings Unrestrict battery usage for both SELinux and Viper.
:)
1. Install SELinux apk enable permissive on boot.
2. Magisk install Viper 12 Fix module no reboot
3. Magisk install Viper
4. Open Viper grant root and then press ok phone will auto reboot.
5. After rebooot pen Viper setting enable Lagacy mode .... done.:):):)
on 11 did not roll ... (

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a guide to install mods for OP8 Pro that improves the stereo speaker setup. I have helped many OP8 Pro users to achieve this. Some other OP users as well.
    Custom ROMs that work with this mod (TESTED):
    Stock Oxygen OS 11 (not 12/13)
    CrDroid
    Evolution X

*I am not responsible for bricked devices, damage to your device*
    I am here to post my method for anyone who is interested. I have tested this myself and helped others to do this.

Issues:
    IMPORTANT:

Installation Method:

With new Viper4Android Repackaged module
    If you have other audio mods
    1. Download Audio Modification Library from the links section
    2. Install Audio Modification Library, reboot and disable it
    1. Download the latest Viper4Android Repackaged module from the links section
    If you want to use the extra V4A features...
    • Download and extract all the guide setup or the other .zip file I attached below on your device. You need the DDC, Kernel and Preset folders.
    • If you downloaded and extracted on a separate device: Connect your device, copy and paste the folders into your internal storage.
    1. Install the Viper4Android Repackaged module.
    2. Reboot.
    3. Open the app and grant root
    DISCLAIMER: On custom ROMs or certain devices, the drivers are installed, but NOT working properly after reboot. Just continue the method and comment if there are issues once u have finished the method.

If you have Audio Modification Library installed

1. Now go into magisk manager, go into modules and enable AML.
    2. Reboot
    1. If u used the guide setup.zip file: in V4A app just press the file icon for presets and choose the preset.
    2. Now make sure V4A driver is running (read Notes) and go into convolver -> impulse response. Choose any kernel, and done. OR choose the preset for that and done. If you have issues, make sure legacy mode is on but it is on by default.
    Choose to your heart's desire if you downloaded all the V4A DDC and kernel files.
    I personally use Dolby Digital Plus - Centre kernel

Done, also post the settings or kernels and your thoughts. :)
    I also attached a screenshot of my configuration

Also, for new users if u connect your earphones like via headphone jack, USB-C or Bluetooth. You can tweak those as well. Not just your SPEAKERS! BUT some earphones can be damaged as well, so tweak them at your own risk.
    After much tweaking myself. I think I have made my speakers much better on my 8 Pro.
    I have attached a screenshot to the thread at the bottom. I have attached a screenshot for my headphones too!
    I have added the individual settings as well. If u want to tweak them just press the text and it should expand.
    The toggles I have on are for my speakers:
    • Master Limiter
    • Playback gain Control: Strength: 2, Maximum gain: 3X, Output threshold: -1.9dB
    • Convolver: Dolby Digital Plus - Centre, Cross Channel 100%
    • Speaker optimization
    I have also tweaked my Bluetooth earphones as well with a DDC and the screenshot is attached below. I recommend Dolby headphone Live, but that's up to you.
    U can add files in the DDC folders in the Android folder, but reboot and then tweak to see the difference. U CAN RISK DAMAGE IF U TWEAK TOO MUCH
    You have completed the guide and can now experience dual/stereo-like speakers on your OP6/6T.
    Enjoy :)
    If anyone has any issues with this guide. Post a message and I'll get back to you :)

Notes:

Viper4Android sometimes doesn't turn on properly. So, play music and open the app to check the driver. The Driver status if it's working (NEON enable: yes, Enabled: yes, Status: Normal) and turn on the master limiter to see if there's an effect. This should give you an indication if V4A is working or not
    • I have attached DDC files below and you do the same thing with kernel files, but they are used for headphones.
    • You can try and use the preset (profiles). You don't have to use the preset files, they are there to make the setup easier for those who don't want to tweak too much.
    • If u want to add the custom presets:
      1. Choose the specific presets u want
      2. Transfer them into Android -> data -> com.pittvandewitt.viperfx -> files -> presets
      3. Transfer the V4A.zip in internal storage
      4. Reflash the V4A.zip again and reboot
      5. Install the V4A driver again and reboot
      6. V4A driver should be working, check the presets and it should be there
    • Enjoy having your presets

Fix for V4A:
    There has been noted issues during the installation with V4A. If you experienced a bootloop after installing V4A in magisk...
    Boot into OrangeFox, -> advanced -> file manager -> data/abd/magisk/modules and delete the V4A folder.
    Reboot to system, install the module in magisk again and reboot. It should install.

Another issue was that V4A driver is installed properly, but there are no enhancements to the sound. To fix this, go into settings -> turn on and off the legacy mode toggle. This should restart the effect and make it stay on.

Links:
    Modules required
    Audio Modification Library Link
    Download Viper4Android and one of the preset files if u want Viper4Android installed
    Viper4Android Module Link
    Viper4Android Repackaged Module Link
    All Viper4Android preset files Link
    Viper4Android files for this guide is attached below
    All DDC, Kernel, and Presets in one zip is attached below

Threads where the modules are from
    Audio Modification Library Thread Here

Credits:
    @Zackptg5 for his Audio Modification Library and Viper4Android module
    @Vimal Vinz for the V4A DDC + Kernel + profiles
    Updates
    • 10/9/22 - Removed step for the option to choose Enforcing or Permissive for SElinux during Viper4Android module install. It has been removed
    • 15/1/22 - Released the XDA thread that is a guide to install Viper4Android for the OP8 Pro
      • Not sure about the OP8 sadly as I don't own one and this guide could be used for other android devices too
      • This guide is a duplicate from my previous dual speaker guide for the OnePlus 6/6T. But this guide can be used for other android devices or users who just want to install Viper4Android
    • 2/11/22 - Updated the Installation method as I found a new updated version of Viper4Android (Repackaged)
      • Tested the module and it works on Android 12 and Android 13
      • AML does work on Android 13 as well
    • 3/2/23 - Updated the method Viper4Android method as repackaged installs the DDC, Kernel and preset files during installation.
      • So, u can just download and extract the compressed .zip file into internal storage and V4A will install the files for you during installation.
    Works great on the OP8 (crDroid). Thanks a lot for the guide!
    And after install modify library module, disable it in magisk?
    After install viper, i can not install driver, it said reboot for several times, can u help me?
    It seems like it didn't install/download the necessary files in internal storage. Download this .zip file -> extract it -> copy + paste it directly into your internal storage (not in any folders) -> reboot just in case