[Guide] [Magisk] Disable Dynamic refresh rate for Poco X3 NFC

Search This thread

Gulzoa

Dec 8, 2020
im on eu latest 12.0.6. cant check core frequencies, im not using any kernel manager.
Oh man..well if you can and then let me know..using device info HW application or some other application..because I've seen my Poco x3 having high frequencies after like a weeks use or so..in the cores ..wanted to get info on that ..maybe some process was running in background which caused my stuttering in UI..

aron11195

Jul 16, 2018
Oh man..well if you can and then let me know..using device info HW application or some other application..because I've seen my Poco x3 having high frequencies after like a weeks use or so..in the cores ..wanted to get info on that ..maybe some process was running in background which caused my stuttering in UI..
u mean ur phone is locking to high frequencies? mine just drop to lowest if im not doing anything. using aida64 btw

Gulzoa

Dec 8, 2020
u mean ur phone is locking to high frequencies? mine just drop to lowest if im not doing anything. using aida64 btw
Ah man not exactly ..but the numbers through the application which I'm telling are as follows..after a weeks use and without restarting
Like the first 6 cores become at 1248 MHz and the rest 2 cores become at 976mhz ..is that common?
And what is Aida 64 is that the architecture..mine is arm64

aron11195

Jul 16, 2018
Ah man not exactly ..but the numbers through the application which I'm telling are as follows..after a weeks use and without restarting
Like the first 6 cores become at 1248 MHz and the rest 2 cores become at 976mhz ..is that common?
And what is Aida 64 is that the architecture..mine is arm64
its normal

Reactions: Gulzoa

Gulzoa

Dec 8, 2020
Well a relief to know that man..but UK what really bugs me and what I posted on XDA as well..it's the stuttering in my ui when I scroll through settings app..gallery app or chrome app..like after some days of restart..the animations become slower which I don't like:( are u facing such issue on Ur Poco x3?

aron11195

Jul 16, 2018
Well a relief to know that man..but UK what really bugs me and what I posted on XDA as well..it's the stuttering in my ui when I scroll through settings app..gallery app or chrome app..like after some days of restart..the animations become slower which I don't like:( are u facing such issue on Ur Poco x3?
no no stuttering on mine

Slim K

May 16, 2015
HTC One (M8)
Sony Xperia Z5
btw do u have telegram? id like to ask u some things
Sorry. I don't use telegram. PM me or ask here, if i can answer, i will. Regarding dynamic refresh rate, as of ver. 12.0.6 it's not possible to disable in miui without editing the databases of the battery app or deleting the app entirely.

If you don't want to delete it, you can edit /data/data/com.miui.powerkeeper/databases/user_config.db with sqlite3, you can change how it behaves. That is tedious but doable through an app. Example would be to look for the "misc" table in that database, you will find the list called fps_120_whitelist, there you can add the package name of the app you want to have constant refresh rate i.e com.android.systemui to fix recents and so on.
I don't think the magisk standalone busybox supports sqlite3, so i don't know how to make a magisk module for that. Sorry.:cry:

Last edited:
Reactions: aron11195

Gulzoa

Dec 8, 2020
Sorry. I don't use telegram. PM me or ask here, if i can answer, i will. Regarding dynamic refresh rate, as of ver. 12.0.6 it's not possible to disable in miui without editing the databases of the battery app or deleting the app entirely.

If you don't want to delete it, you can edit /data/data/com.miui.powerkeeper/databases/user_config.db with sqlite3, you can change how it behaves. That is tedious but doable through an app. Example would be to look for the "misc" table in that database, you will find the list called fps_120_whitelist, there you can add the package name of the app you want to have constant refresh rate i.e com.android.systemui to fix recents and so on.
I don't think the magisk standalone busybox supports sqlite3, so i don't know how to make a magisk module for that. Sorry.:cry:
Man so techy stuff..to get that dynamic thing constant...I wish the set edit app provided a constant solution..would have been better for many users..but I guess that's life ..:( the device is overall quite decent and strong except for weak and slow UI animation after some time..well I'll keep checking this thread and forum to check for more tips in future to get this issue solved..

Slim K

May 16, 2015
HTC One (M8)
Sony Xperia Z5
Man so techy stuff..to get that dynamic thing constant...I wish the set edit app provided a constant solution..would have been better for many users..but I guess that's life ..:( the device is overall quite decent and strong except for weak and slow UI animation after some time..well I'll keep checking this thread and forum to check for more tips in future to get this issue solved..
They "POCO" have made it complicated, a simple toggle in the settings would make everyone happy.
It was 2 months ago when I wrote this guide and we had MIUI 12.0.2.0, since then a lot of changes have been made to the software, that this guide is no longer (or partially) correct. At that time custom ROMs were very buggy, there were no alternatives to the Poco camera app and a lot of features were missing.
Now there is no excuse to use MIUI, thanks to our lovely community and devs. Most of the custom roms are daily drivers, Gcam can be used....etc. If I were you, I would unlock my phone and switch.

Gulzoa

Dec 8, 2020
They "POCO" have made it complicated, a simple toggle in the settings would make everyone happy.
It was 2 months ago when I wrote this guide and we had MIUI 12.0.2.0, since then a lot of changes have been made to the software, that this guide is no longer (or partially) correct. At that time custom ROMs were very buggy, there were no alternatives to the Poco camera app and a lot of features were missing.
Now there is no excuse to use MIUI, thanks to our lovely community and devs. Most of the custom roms are daily drivers, Gcam can be used....etc. If I were you, I would unlock my phone and switch.
Yeah buddy you're right..maybe I will do that or otherwise wait for mui 13 or something..since I can't flash by myself with chance to brick my phone..🥴btw can you suggest me which custom ROM you're using..which is good..smooth and snappy..with 90hz refresh rate permanent option as well..I will keep it in mind for future references

hzk17

Mar 16, 2011
A lot of people have complained about stuttering in between App switching and gaming. This guide helps you disable Dynamic refresh rate through MagiskHide Prop Config, which is easier than setting it manually and safer to disable if it doesn't work.

Requirements:
- Unlocked and rooted with Magisk v21.0.
- busybox-ndk.
- MagiskHide Prop Config installed (used often to pass safetynet CTS but can be used to set custom Props).

Instructions:
1- Run SU in your terminal of choosing.
2- Run props.
3- choose option 5 "Add/edit custom props".
4- choose n "New custom prop".
5- type in:
Code:
 ro.vendor.dfps.enable
6- Default value should be true, type in false to disable.
7- choose 2 "post-fs-data".
8- choose n, don't reboot yet.
9- choose n again to set another prop.
10- type in:
Code:
 ro.vendor.smart_dfps.enable
11- Default value should be true, type in false to disable.
12- choose 2 "post-fs-data".
13- Reboot.

Only tested on stock MIUI. Try at your own risk!
bro can i do the same for mi10t ?

noskojv

Apr 19, 2012
Russia
A lot of people have complained about stuttering in between App switching and gaming. This guide helps you disable Dynamic refresh rate through MagiskHide Prop Config, which is easier than setting it manually and safer to disable if it doesn't work.

Requirements:
- busybox-ndk.
- MagiskHide Prop Config installed (used often to pass safetynet CTS but can be used to set custom Props).

Instructions:
2- Run props.
5- type in:
Code:
 ro.vendor.dfps.enable
10- type in:
Code:
13- Reboot.

How do I check that it works ?

pnin

The procedure posted by Slim_K in post #38 (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/4178515/post-83820437) worked for me.

Here's the screenie from "Developer Options | Power Monitor":

20210105_165651.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Disclaimer: Disabling Dfps (Dynamic refresh rate) will degrade battery life with prolonged use. According to my personal testing, battery life (SOT) decreased by 10-18% on average. Only use for short periods of time.

Requirements:
    - busybox-ndk.

Instructions:
    2- Run props.
    5- type in:
    Code:
     ro.vendor.dfps.enable
    10- type in:
    Code:
    13- Reboot.

dont know if this is possible but do make a standalone magisk module for this, without props and everything else. just a single module that disables dynamic refresh rate.
    I wanted to show everyone who is interested how to change this behavior under the hood. That is the main reason why I made a guide and not a mod (since everyone was using props module to pass safetynet anyway). However I made this attached module just for you. Do note that I have not tested it since I use a custom ROM at the moment, but it does what's in the guide without props config and should work flawlessly.
    Hey. Thanks for the information. I'd like to try this out but I have two questions: 1 - Is it safe to flash magisk? Some guy from another thread said magisk corrupted his ramdisk and /sdcard when flashing. 2 - Where do I get power monitor to check the refresh rate? Thanks.
    To answer you questions:
    1- The guy in that thread has made the obvious mistake of flashing stock related files through twrp (a very baaad idea), since all current custom recoveries have limited access to system-vendor-product partition (read only). If he had read more carefully, his device wouldn't have been hard bricked. Besides, if you only want Root (Magisk), you don't even need a custom recovery, just an unlocked Bootloader, your current boot.img and a pc with some flashing knowledge.
    2- You can find it under Monitoring in Settings/Additional settings/Developer options/Power monitor. If you can't find the option there, then you probably debloated MIUI, in that case restore the app Power Checker with the package name:
    Code:
    com.xiaomi.powerchecker
    If you need further assistance, hit me up and I will help.
    recent drops to 90hz. is that normal for recent to drop?
    Yes. In trying to make an "all day battery" phone, Poco has decided to cap recents to 90hz. So many cut corners. Anyways, Clearing storage of battery management app should fix that problem. I don't remember the name of the system app exactly, but it has a green battery icon :ROFLMAO:
    i only have youtube vanced
    If you installed vanced in non root mode, you can still install normal youtube from playstore alongside it. You don't have to do it tho.
    Yes. In trying to make an "all day battery" phone, Poco has decided to cap recents to 90hz. So many cut corners. Anyways, Clearing storage of battery management app should fix that problem. I don't remember the name of the system app exactly, but it has a green battery icon :ROFLMAO:

If you installed vanced in non root mode, you can still install normal youtube from playstore alongside it. You don't have to do it tho.

recent drop is fixed by clearing data of battery and performance system app.

tested official youtube. its not dropping hz. its constant 120hz