[GUIDE] Magisk for OxygenOS 11

carnitza

Jul 12, 2010
Morning and Happy New Year !!!

Today I received Oxygen OS 11033/IN21BA ROM (EUROPE) and update OTA without problems !
Can somebody put here the magisk_patched.img for this ROM ?
I try to make on my phone but I don't know why it isnt possible.
Thank you in advance !!!

Last edited:

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
@dladz

I've search the good thread but I can't find it.
Please can you help me ?

Thanks !!!
Sorry buddy I posted then realised this is the OnePlus 8 forum.

I have a OnePlus 8 Pro

Tbh the firmware is available for your region you can use my guide to obtain the patched boot IMG. It's really quite simple

carnitza

Jul 12, 2010
@ dladz

I use your guide (very good guide - clear and easy to follow ), first method but I have a problem :
I extract boot.image from ROM, copy to my device (OP8), installed the last Magisk manager (beta) but after select the button "Select and Patch a file" and choose boot.img the button "LETS'GO" ISN'T ACTIVE.

What can I do ??

thanks in advance

PS
Maybe someone can share magisk_patched.img for OxygenOS 11033/IN21BA (EUROPE)

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
@ dladz

I use your guide (very good guide - clear and easy to follow ), first method but I have a problem :
I extract boot.image from ROM, copy to my device (OP8), installed the last Magisk manager (beta) but after select the button "Select and Patch a file" and choose boot.img the button "LETS'GO" ISN'T ACTIVE.

What can I do ??

thanks in advance

PS
Maybe someone can share magisk_patched.img for OxygenOS 11033/IN21BA (EUROPE)
Thanks your very welcome.

Are you about to update your OS?

You'd choose this option if so and there would be no need to extract the boot image.

If you aren't rooted then let me know and I'll get you an image. I'll extract and patch it for you.

Edit: actually the site I use to obtain firmwares hasn't got 3.3 for the 8 yet

I can't confirm the size the boot image should be but this one was 98MB for the pro whereas the last one was 96MB

Double check the size output from payload dumper and magisk patched.

Also delete the old one you had on your phone just to avoid a mix up

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: ttheodorou

carnitza

Jul 12, 2010
@dladz

I forgot about your method no.3 and unfortunately I've already upgrade the phone to 11.0.3.3, :)

Now I just want to root the phone ... and must wait to someone share the magisk_patched.img !!

For op 8 the boot image have 96kb ( 11.0.3.3)

Last edited:

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
@dladz

I forgot about your method no.3 and unfortunately I've already upgrade the phone to 11.0.3.3, :)

Now I just want to root the phone ... and must wait to someone share the magisk_patched.img !!

For op 8 the boot image have 96kb ( 11.0.3.3)

kb? surely you mean MB

If you can share with me the boot.img i can patch it for you. Don't mind.

@Retteren seems to have shared a boot img, give it a shot just don't flash it, always boot.

fastboot boot NAME OF PATCHED IMG

device will reboot automatically.

then install directly via magisk manager.

Retteren

Dec 12, 2010
kb? surely you mean MB

If you can share with me the boot.img i can patch it for you. Don't mind.

@Retteren seems to have shared a boot img, give it a shot just don't flash it, always boot.
I had to complete the upgrade before I could test the patched image and uploaded for use before I was done. I can not confirm that it would on my IN2013/IN21BA (European) OP8 phone with both
fastboot boot image.bin
and
fastboot flash boot image.bin
Enjoy :)

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
I had to complete the upgrade before I could test the patched image and uploaded for use before I was done. I can not confirm that it would on my IN2013/IN21BA (European) OP8 phone with both and

Enjoy :)
You do not need to flash via fastboot, at all.

simply boot via fastboot then open magisk manager, click install and install directly, reboot and you're done.

Reason i would recommend this is if it fails your phone will not boot until you've flashed a functional boot.img.

The boot / direct install method is risk free.

Retteren

Dec 12, 2010
You do not need to flash via fastboot, at all.

simply boot via fastboot then open magisk manager, click install and install directly, reboot and you're done.

Reason i would recommend this is if it fails your phone will not boot until you've flashed a functional boot.img.

The boot / direct install method is risk free.
I see. What I have read (and I might have misunderstood something along the way) is that if a "fastboot boot image.bin" works, then flashing the same image.bin is guaranteed to work. The whole point of "fastboot boot image.bin" is to verify that the phone wille correctly boot to the new image.

Your method saves "half a step" so to say - the reboot to the second fastboot.

Reactions: dladz

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
I see. What I have read (and I might have misunderstood something along the way) is that if a "fastboot boot image.bin" works, then flashing the same image.bin is guaranteed to work. The whole point of "fastboot boot image.bin" is to verify that the phone wille correctly boot to the new image.

Your method saves "half a step" so to say - the reboot to the second fastboot.
Haha and yea you're right it should.

But wouldn't it be easier to open magisk, click install and then, install directly? Means you don't need to use your pc again

Last edited: