• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Guide] [Magisk] How to Enable Google Call Screening on "Unsupported" Devices

Search This thread

vetle666

Mar 30, 2011
Anyone have a working fix for the caller not being able to hear the voice of Assistant?

I have a Mi 10 note lite with a pixel ROM, and i have activated call screening with the use of Market Enabler. Ive been trying different versions of Google Dialer but no matter what i try (different versions, turn off VOLTE, turning off wifi) the caller cant hear the assistant.

Could the Assistant be the issue? Should i try downgrading it too?

I feel like im so close, but i cant get it working :(

jwarrior319

This is the Magisk module you need to flash. It downloads a different gsa.prefs xml that works and places it. I believe this is the last thing you need to install. If you need to uninstall it, delete the module and clear Google app data and it should reverse the change. I had to do that once as I didn't install it in the right order.
Followed those uninstall instructions but safety net still wont pass anymore.

mrlb

Sep 2, 2005
Newcastle
The assistant is actually working exactly like it should for me. I also found that on open beta 1 using the 38-40 dialers still give call screen but I had to do a work around to systemize them.

What work around did you do?
I can't get systemize to list "Phone" as an app.
Searching the /data/app directory and com.google.android.dialer isn't installed there. I'm guessing it's installed else where and you manually moved it to /system/priv-app

Reactions: snappyapple632

wolfu11

Jan 26, 2013
Minneapolis
Searching the /data/app directory and com.google.android.dialer isn't installed there. I'm guessing it's installed else where and you manually moved it to /system/priv-app
Wow it's been so long I don't even remember exactly how I did it but I had to turn it into Phone Base apk. I gave up on the OnePlus 8 pro a long time ago.
Sorry

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Guide] [Magisk] How to Enable Google Call Screening on "Unsupported" Devices

This should work on any device that is able to replicate the instructions here, there may be some things that I forget to mention that have an effect on if it works, just report back and I will try to add more details.

Tested on my OnePlus 7 pro, with everything updated, no special app version for Google Phone or anything like that

I take no responsibility for anything that happens with your device, although this should all be relatively safe and reverseable.

You must be rooted with Magisk, this is mostly done with modules that are available on the official repo.

1. You will Need these Magisk Modules installed
    App Systemizer
    Google Dialer Framework
    MagiskHide Props Config
    Google Call Screening or if this doesn't work you can just edit the prefs xml manually with Prefedit . If you do use this module you will also need:
    Busybox for Android NDK.

2 I just realized this part was an exact copy of the guide over at gadgethacks[/URL] , and they did a way more detailed job than I could do, so credit where it's due.
    Summarized :
    Google Phone should be installable from the Play store after a reboot, if not try clearing Play store storage, if that doesn't work, try clearing Play services storage, if that doesn't work, try installing it from Apkmirror.

Systemize Google phone according to the Systemizer, gadgethacks really breaks this down, you need a terminal emulator, and you do a "su" command, and then a "systemize" command, and its pretty straightforward after that, just find it and select it and reboot. I think you might want to disable your stock dialer in your settings as well.
    Make sure Google phone has all the permissions granted and is set as your default spam app (Search for spam in your phone settings).

3. Now for the new part, as the one on gadgethacks doesn't work anymore.

Open terminal emulator again, run a "su" command, and a "props" command.

Select device simulation, (You might have to enable it first) and navigate through the menu, to Google Pixel 4(XL). You might have to go all the way back to the main menu, as it only applys half the props, and go into device simulation again and apply all the props ( I skipped display.id as I don't know if that would mess up anything, and I didn't need it).

4. Reboot. Now just wait a little, clear Google Phone Data, Play Services Data (Don't know if this is necessary). After a bit you should be able to go into Google Phone settings and it should say call screen there, I think you need to be on WiFi for it to enable, and it takes a bit, I had to wait for a while and then it started working.
    Currently on OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren 5G TMO, running AOSiP, and the option shows up. But upon trying it, caller cannot hear a voice and no transcription shows up on my end. Using app from play store.
    Followed those uninstall instructions but safety net still wont pass anymore.

I think that might be related to the security patch. Have you totally uninstalled the propsconfig module?
    The assistant is actually working exactly like it should for me. I also found that on open beta 1 using the 38-40 dialers still give call screen but I had to do a work around to systemize them.