[Guide][Magisk] ViperFX for MIUI 11 /Android 10

Search This thread

pritish sahoo

Feb 17, 2014
Bhubaneswar
www.linkedin.com
Hi there,
As the usual trick for installing ViperFX on MIUI doesn't works on Android 10 based MIUi 11 .
So here i found a workaround for it. Let me know if did worked for you as well.
For me it worked on MIUI 11 stable based on Android 10

So the steps:-
1.Download ViperFX latest version from here
2.Remove all the Audio mods and audio patches from magisk module. (i.e. remove AML and ACP ).
3.Now install ViperFX 2.7.1.0 and open the app but do not install the driver. Minimize the app and go to magisk and install Audio Modification Library (AML) . (DO NOT REBOOT NOW)
4.Now go back to viper and install driver it will reboot automatically.
5.After device reboots open magisk and go to modules and uncheck AML (DO NOT DELETE). Now Open ViperFx again and select ok to install drivers.
6.Reboot your phone and open ViperFX and it may ask for installing drivers again so now press OK and it will reboot.Now ViperFX should be working.

Last edited:

prakzwary

Jul 19, 2013
guwahati
AML is an audio mod, Audio Modification Library

Can be downloaded in Downloads in Magisk Manager

Thanks buddy.

I will try

---------- Post added 05-11-2019 at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was 04-11-2019 at 11:55 PM ----------

It got install but i cant see any changes in sounds even i increase value on any options.

Only master limiter working ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-11-05-00-26-22-461_com.pittvandewitt.viperfx.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-11-05-00-26-22-461_com.pittvandewitt.viperfx.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 3,794
Last edited:

deta312

Sep 28, 2006
Earth Core
Hi there,
As the usual trick for installing ViperFX on MIUI doesn't works on Android 10 based MIUi 11 .

2.Remove all the Audio mods and audio patches from magisk module. (i.e. remove AML and ACP ).
3.Now install ViperFX 2.7.1.0 and open the app but do not install the driver. Minimize the app and go to magisk and install Audio Modification Library (AML) . (DO NOT REBOOT NOW)
5.After device reboots open magisk and go to modules and uncheck AML (DO NOT DELETE). Now Open ViperFx again and select ok to install drivers.
6.Reboot your phone and open ViperFX and it may ask for installing drivers again so now press OK and it will reboot.Now ViperFX should be working.

it working now :)

Last edited:
Reactions: pritish sahoo

_ray_

May 7, 2009
For those who are stuck even after following the guide, after 1st reboot launch app and install drivers again + reboot. That should fix it.

DigiDagg

Nov 22, 2015
I`ve get "FASTBOOT" screen after step 4, system doesn`t boot =(
Mix 2s with xiaomi.eu firmware MIUI 11 9.11.7 beta
Fixed it with reflashing last firmware...
And now I see FASTBOOT screen just after install Magisk. =\

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is actually an easier way to fix Viper4Android, follow the original post where the fix was described:

In other words, replace (use TWRP or root explorer like MiXplorer)
    /data/adb/modules/ViPER4AndroidFX/post-fs-data.sh
    with the attached file (download and unzip) and reboot

Still make sure that Legacy mode in V4A Settings is enabled

AML module makes no harm but it's not needed (unless you install additional audio modules like mi9tpbitrate320.zip)

---

In case of installing V4A from scratch:

- install ViPER4Android_FX-v2.7.2.1.zip from Repo (through Magisk) and reboot
    - open Viper4Android app and let it install the driver, it will reboot
    - replace post-fs-data.sh as above and reboot once again
    - open Viper4Android app and enable Legacy mode in its Setrings
    - also, don't forget to enable Master limiter for e.g. speaker or headphones

Check the driver status, it must show Status Normal (and Processing Yes when playing nusic)

---

I have Xiaomi.eu A11 beta and I regularly update every week when they release (by dirty flashing their new MIUI zip release, wiping Dalwik and Cache and by flashing the new boot img patched by Magisk)

Up to the two weeks ago I had to re-do the relatively complicated procedure for V4A as was described in this thread upon every Xiaomi.eu update

Since two weeks ago when I replaced the post-fs-data.sh as described above, I just dirty flash Xiaomi.eu, apply root/Magisk, and my V4A continues to work as my all other installed Magisk modules (and root apps), with no needs to fix the V4A driver anymore

PS: This 'new' method with the modified post-fs-data.sh is specifically useful for Magisk Canary 22006 since Magisk 22006 has a known bug with processing the sepolicy.rule files (also in /data/adb/modules/ViPER4AndroidFX), and hence the 'old' method from this thread does not work with Magisk 22006 - but the 'new' method does work (I currently use that Magisk 22006)
    Hi there,

Working but install ViPER4Android app without driver, next install AML and reboot, then install the driver in v4a and when phone turns on just test it :)

Wysłane z mojego Redmi K20 Pro przy użyciu Tapatalka
    Hi there,

For me this excellent guide still worked and works, throught all stock MIUI 12 versions and also Xiaomi.eu MIUI 12.5 / A11 (currently on v21.1.13), new Magisk (currently v21.4) and new V4A - with just few caveats:

1) Install V4A FX v2.7.2.1 module directly from Magisk Manager

2) Yes, remove (enough to disable) all other audio modules - proceed with them once V4A will be properly installed

3), 4), 5) exactly (!) as in the guide, but of course with latest Viper4Android v2.7.2.1

6) V4A does not ask to install drivers once again (it did in step 3) but it shows Driver status Abmormal.
    Open Settings in V4A app and enable Legacy mode as on the screenshot and reboot.
    After that Status will be Normal (and Proccessing once you start playing music)

At the end I do enable AML (!) and then install other audio modules, one by one (checking after each one if V4A driver status is ok).

At the end I have V4A, AML (also latest from the Repo, v4.0), K20 Pro Dual Speaker and Mi 9T Pro Audio Bitrate 320kbps

MIUI 12 and Android 11, is there working Viper?
    Yes, as described above

---

Edit: Upon updating from Xiaomi.eu 21.1.13 to 21.1.20 and flashing its Magisk patched boot img, all Magisk modules were ok but V4A was showing again Status Abnormal

But fix was easy:
    - In V4A app I disabled Legacy mode (not sure did I need since I later re-enabled, see below)
    - I didabled (not uninstalled) all other audio modules (AML and two more I listed) but not V4A
    - rebooted
    - opened V4A app, it asked to install driver, I accepted
    - rebooted
    - in V4A app enabled Legacy mode
    - now Status became Normal
    - re-enabled my oter audio modules (AML, etc)
    - rebooted

Then I again had all audio modules and V4A Starus Normal (and Proccessing when playing music)
    What is AML ? Give us link please
    AML is an audio mod, Audio Modification Library

Can be downloaded in Downloads in Magisk Manager
    Working on Mi Mix 3, thanks!

PS:
    If anyone gets Dolby working please let me know, I kind of like it more than v4a.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone