- Jul 29, 2021
I keep getting the error "please use the latest dll" when I try to flash the korean rom. Would anyone know how to fix that? I've tried so many things
I did NOT manage to make fastboot work on my amd ryzen pc (3600)
here's what I tried :
- multiple fastboot driversWhat I didn't try but could work for you:
(fastboot was kinda working.. now it just never load any driver)
- plugged in a usb 3.0 hub
- FWUL : https://forum.xda-developers.com/an.../live-iso-adb-fastboot-driver-issues-t3526755
(the latest version as of 2020-11-25 couldn't even boot on this pc...)
(crashed the phone to a gray screen)
- all my usb ports : 2, 3 and 3.1
- plugged in a usb 2.0 hub
- linux mint?
Soo... what did I do? I went back to my good ol' intel pc running windows 10 worked like a charm.
- QFIL > partition manager > abl_a > read, store that file and name it : needed_abl.bin
How to retrieve the file: WIN+R , %AppData%/Qualcomm/QFIL , enter, pick right folder, save and rename bin file
- QFIL > partition manager > abl_a > load > engabl.bin (for fastboot)
- QFIL > partition manager > abl_b > load > engabl.bin (for fastboot) (Optional)
This is useful in case you need fastboot in the future, simply boot twrp then change slot from a to b and reboot.
To switch back from fastboot : fastboot --set-active=a
- reboot the phone using vol- + power
- command :
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_a vbmeta.img fastboot oem edl
- QFIL > partition manager > abl_a > load > needed_abl.bin
- QFIL > partition manager > boot_a > load > boot_magisk.img
- reboot by holding vol- + power
FOR OPEN_EU : (these steps are from the v40 community telegram, Quote from Lucky)
edit this file /oem/op/open_us/config/custom_apk_list.cfg
change the sign on the following lines (from - to + and + to -)
Do not forget to enable developer option and adb AND
Plug you phone in computer, open adb shell and type su
on the phone, grant root.
It is useful to have a root shell in case the phone is stuck while booting (not boot looping)
you can also just reboot to twrp and undo your modification from there.
The Google Camera App that is ported to other devices;Sorry for triple posting but by google camera you mean the GCam for the Pixel? Or this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.GoogleCamera&hl=en&gl=US honestly not sure if it's the same. Can you point me to the one you got for the Korean Q? Thank you!