• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Guide] Make your OP7 great again: Installing PixelExperience 11 (Widevine L1)

Search This thread

trueToastedCode

Mar 14, 2019
Cologne
OnePlus 7
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for damages of any kind.
Warning: Read everything at least one. Maybe i've missed something or u screwed it up.

1 Starting point
1. Have a clean OOS10 on both slots (with unlocked bootloader).

If u're coming not from stock:
You can do that using the MSM OOS tool. Warning: I recommend using the downgrade package from the oos repo + clean OOS10 flash with twrp on both slots. I used the MSM to downgrade and my Widevine went to L3 (comes back on 11). This might not be related to the MSM tool.

2. Download the latest recovery image and the latest build of PixelExperience (I recommend the plus edition).

2 Install
1. Boot into bootloader and boot the twrp image using adb: adb boot twrp.img
2. Format the data, reboot to bootloader
3. update OOS:
- copy a OOS11 package onto u're device and flash it
- flash twrp zip
- reboot to recovery
- Flash the package again (this time it will be automatically the other slot), reboot to bootloader (twrp will be gone now)
4. Flash the PixelExperience boot:
- fastboot flash boot_a your_pixel_boot.img
- fastboot flash boot_b your_pixel_boot.img
On u're device use the volume keys to select reboot to recovery and use the power key to confirm
5. Select factory reset, confirm and reboot to bootloader afterwards
6. Convert data partition: fastboot format:f2fs userdata and reboot to recovery which u can select in the bootloader using the volume keys
7. Flash the PixelExperience build:
- Select apply update and sideload u're pixelexperience build: adb sideload your_pixel_build.zip and wait until its done
- in advanced options select reboot to recovery and confirm it with the power key
- Sideload the build again (this time it will be automatically the other slot)
- reboot to system
8. Booting ~ U're bootloader unlocked message will be there fore some time cause the PixelExperience animation only plays at the end of the boot

3 Fixing
- For fingerprint to work i had to reboot one more time
- Everything is very small. So i changed mininal dp to 411dp and the scaling looks just like on OOS10 now
- In OnePlus settings activate Doly Atmos for better sound and DC-Dimming
- My battery needed 3 cycles, then i had a battery live like on OOS10

4 Update
Boot to bootloader, flash the new boot to a and b, reboot to recovery, sideload on current slot, reboot to recovery, sideload again, reboot to system. Done :)

5 Issues
My camera was unstable: It freezed and crashed. I asked others using the same setup but they did not have the issue ~ At least that's what they told me i don't know if they use their camera the way i do.
I've published the bug: https://github.com/PixelExperience/android-issues/issues/296

6 Conclusion
The rom is supersmooth and is much better than OOS11 cause "it simply works". OOS11 compared is slow, heats up the device and drains battery. Unfortunetly i have to stick to OOS11 cause a not fully working camera is unacceptable for me. Probably its fixed when u're reading this :)

Last edited:

Sachin7843

Mar 26, 2013
Pune
Hi, would you mind elaborating 1st step as well as provide links to PixelExperience Boot image files? Thanks!
I was on OOS 11, unlocked bootloader and flashed TWRP Nebrassy version, whenever I try to flash PE ROM zip directly, it just says "Flashing A/B zip to inactive slot: A. To flash additional zips, please reboot recovery to switch to the updated slot." and vice versa when switched to different slot. I thought I messed something up so I flashed YAAP and now I have YAAP recovery on Slot A and TWRP on slot B and YAAP rom so if you could maybe elaborate the steps, it would be really helpful!

trueToastedCode

Mar 14, 2019
Cologne
OnePlus 7
Hi, would you mind elaborating 1st step as well as provide links to PixelExperience Boot image files? Thanks!
I was on OOS 11, unlocked bootloader and flashed TWRP Nebrassy version, whenever I try to flash PE ROM zip directly, it just says "Flashing A/B zip to inactive slot: A. To flash additional zips, please reboot recovery to switch to the updated slot." and vice versa when switched to different slot. I thought I messed something up so I flashed YAAP and now I have YAAP recovery on Slot A and TWRP on slot B and YAAP rom so if you could maybe elaborate the steps, it would be really helpful!
Just do exactly what i've written. I did link all files and tools. The recovery can also be found at PixelExperience. If u messed up then u can still use the MSM tool to bring it back to stock.

tbiwalkar

Mar 4, 2014
Kalyan
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 9 Pro
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for damages of any kind.
Warning: Read everything at least one. Maybe i've missed something or u screwed it up.

1 Starting point
1. Have a clean OOS10 on both slots (with unlocked bootloader).

If u're coming not from stock:
You can do that using the MSM OOS tool. Warning: I recommend using the downgrade package from the oos repo + clean OOS10 flash with twrp on both slots. I used the MSM to downgrade and my Widevine went to L3 (comes back on 11). This might not be related to the MSM tool.

2. Download the latest recovery image and the latest build of PixelExperience (I recommend the plus edition).

2 Install
1. Boot into bootloader and boot the twrp image using adb: adb boot twrp.img
2. Format the data, reboot to bootloader
3. update OOS:
- copy a OOS11 package onto u're device and flash it
- flash twrp zip
- reboot to recovery
- Flash the package again (this time it will be automatically the other slot), reboot to bootloader (twrp will be gone now)
4. Flash the PixelExperience boot:
- fastboot flash boot_a your_pixel_boot.img
- fastboot flash boot_b your_pixel_boot.img
On u're device use the volume keys to select reboot to recovery and use the power key to confirm
5. Select factory reset, confirm and reboot to bootloader afterwards
6. Convert data partition: fastboot format:f2fs userdata and reboot to recovery which u can select in the bootloader using the volume keys
7. Flash the PixelExperience build:
- Select apply update and sideload u're pixelexperience build: adb sideload your_pixel_build.zip and wait until its done
- in advanced options select reboot to recovery and confirm it with the power key
- Sideload the build again (this time it will be automatically the other slot)
- reboot to system
8. Booting ~ U're bootloader unlocked message will be there fore some time cause the PixelExperience animation only plays at the end of the boot

3 Fixing
- For fingerprint to work i had to reboot one more time
- Everything is very small. So i changed mininal dp to 411dp and the scaling looks just like on OOS10 now
- In OnePlus settings activate Doly Atmos for better sound and DC-Dimming
- My battery needed 3 cycles, then i had a battery live like on OOS10

4 Update
Boot to bootloader, flash the new boot to a and b, reboot to recovery, sideload on current slot, reboot to recovery, sideload again, reboot to system. Done :)

5 Issues
My camera was unstable: It freezed and crashed. I asked others using the same setup but they did not have the issue ~ At least that's what they told me i don't know if they use their camera the way i do.
I've published the bug: https://github.com/PixelExperience/android-issues/issues/296

6 Conclusion
The rom is supersmooth and is much better than OOS11 cause "it simply works". OOS11 compared is slow, heats up the device and drains battery. Unfortunetly i have to stick to OOS11 cause a not fully working camera is unacceptable for me. Probably its fixed when u're reading this :)
No matter how many times I reboot, I can't get my fingerprint registered. whenever I try setting up, when I place my thumb, I just get a white light shine on the FPS area and no vibration/ registration. sometimes I get just a small vibration for 1 second and then shows the error "partial fingerprint unable to capture"

sparkk_kk

Aug 31, 2020
No matter how many times I reboot, I can't get my fingerprint registered. whenever I try setting up, when I place my thumb, I just get a white light shine on the FPS area and no vibration/ registration. sometimes I get just a small vibration for 1 second and then shows the error "partial fingerprint unable to capture"
same here fingerprint also not working and unable to get widevine L1 too i don't know how some are getting widevine L1 even i followed guide in PE website where developer gives option to lock bootloader after flashing after locked bootloader too i am unable to get widevine L1 (i have indian/global oneplus 7)

Reactions: Manoj03

trueToastedCode

Mar 14, 2019
Cologne
OnePlus 7
U can capture a logcat and report the bug on GitHub. Otherwise idk 😐

trueToastedCode

Mar 14, 2019
Cologne
OnePlus 7
same here fingerprint also not working and unable to get widevine L1 too i don't know how some are getting widevine L1 even i followed guide in PE website where developer gives option to lock bootloader after flashing after locked bootloader too i am unable to get widevine L1 (i have indian/global oneplus 7)
Widevine issues on OnePlus phones... Sooo weird. For some people it only works on OOS11 or only OOS10 and if it does not work at all and OnePlus does not fix it with an OTA then i guess u dont have WidevineL1 🤔 U can try to restore u're device with the MSM tool

sparkk_kk

Aug 31, 2020
Widevine issues on OnePlus phones... Sooo weird. For some people it only works on OOS11 or only OOS10 and if it does not work at all and OnePlus does not fix it with an OTA then i guess u dont have WidevineL1 🤔 U can try to restore u're device with the MSM tool
yes with stock OOS11 or OOS10 in locked bootloader state i can get widevine L1 whenever i unlock bootloader then itself it goes to widevine L3 it's weird even tried to lock bootloader by installing PE and their instructions after that also it stays at widevine L3 will try on 11.0.2.1 again and lets see now what happens

sparkk_kk

Aug 31, 2020
now i got widevine l1 after unlocking bootloader of my device bro with 11.0.2.1 i just unlocked bootloader setup normally and sideloaded drminfo app it shows widevine L1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.