GUIDE: Make your V30 Faster and Smoother

Search This thread

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
used the Package Disabler... and it actually slowed down all my devices after a couple of days. All of them incuding the new V30.
I had to reboot the devices every day: PowerAMP stopped working due to RAM when I started browsing the web etc....

Now I simply use my V30 as it is and it's superb... no issue with RAM.

So my advice: if you dont have warranty just ROM your phone, if you do have warranty -as my new V30 - dont use Package Disabler Pro..... it not just doesnt work, but makes your phone buggy, lower, run out of RAM even thoough you have less funcion than before..
- what you want to disable like Google Movies, Play, or GoogleMusic - you will be able to do that from the Settings.

Yes, LG really optimized the firmware to not have lags. I know people may not want some apps/services on their phones -- but sometimes it's just better to ignore or hide them, if they care about how the phone runs. So much is interconnected.

It's not like a few years ago when each system service or system app in stock firmware was totally separate components.

Last edited:

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Hey, does reducing resolution significantly help with performance or battery life?
It doesn't. Anyone that says it does is especially ignorantof OLED technology.

On 2014 Droid Turbo was proven if didn't help battery at all but negated premium feature of QHD resolution.

Last edited:

Shoey Peachew

Dec 14, 2010
Just a heads up. I don't know if this effects anyone else, but when I follow this guide and disable "lg ims" it completely breaks text messaging on my phone.

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Reactions: sguerra923

tech_infinity

Jun 16, 2014
aakashverma.com
LG V30
It doesn't. Anyone that says it does is especially ignorant of OLED technology.

On 2014 Droid Turbo was proven if didn't help battery at all but negated premium feature of QHD resolution.

Hey, thanks for confirming. I'd remembered reading something similar a few years back so wanted to confirm about the battery.
So reducing resolution is an option in a quite a few devices with OLED displays like Samsung flagship smartphones(they are set to full HD by default) and LG devices so are there any real benefit to it?

cityneversleepz

Feb 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.sunqifitness.com
See this post. It lists some things I found problems just glancing through the screenshots. Maybe other stuff too.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=74575467&postcount=154

At least you only froze in TiBu. Easy to reverse that!
@ChazzMatt I started using this App (don't think it's in the PlayStore) back on v20 and now on v30. Seems to really work well and haven't had any negative side effects. What I don't freeze with TiBu, I control with this:

https://mega.nz/#!6kdxFCyC!2eYl2INn0j35osnzcOmze1dg6QpSCl7bLqUGWQbtIZg

Would like to know what you think.

Reactions: ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
@ChazzMatt I started using this App (don't think it's in the PlayStore) back on v20 and now on v30. Seems to really work well and haven't had any negative side effects. What I don't freeze with TiBu, I control with this:

https://mega.nz/#!6kdxFCyC!2eYl2INn0j35osnzcOmze1dg6QpSCl7bLqUGWQbtIZg

Would like to know what you think.
I downloaded and will check it out.

Currently besides freezing unused apps with Titanium Backup, I use Greenify to "hibernate" apps I do not want running in the background. They open when I click on them, and then Greenify automatically hibernates them again when I close them.

Of course I do not hibernate email, text app, weather notifications, calendar, stuff like that. But there's no reason for my flashlight app to be doing ANYTHING in the background. Some developers have their apps running just so they seem to open a little quicker. NO.

Reactions: cityneversleepz

cityneversleepz

Feb 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.sunqifitness.com
I downloaded and will check it out.

Currently besides freezing unused apps with Titanium Backup, I use Greenify to "hibernate" apps I do not want running in the background. They open when I click on them, and then Greenify automatically hibernates them again when I close them.

Of course I do not hibernate email, text app, weather notifications, calendar, stuff like that. But there's no reason for my flashlight app to be doing ANYTHING in the background. Some developers have their apps running just so they seem to open a little quicker. NO.
Yes, I've been using this app about the same way you use greenify. Same apps left alone any the same apps stopped. I used to use greenify but I've heard mixed reviews so I stopped using it. Again, would be very interested in your opinion after you try this.

wh0c4re5

Jun 1, 2012
Guys, I've used Titanium Backup to freeze some apps I had thought I might not need and now I'm seeing some other apps being frozen. I don't recall if these were frozen before or as a consequence of my action:
Android System WebView
Apps Orange
Device Setup
GCUV
Setup Wizard
Stub

and these I don't need and chosen to freeze:
Amazon Assistant
Duo
Email
File Manager
Google Play Music
Google Play Movies & TV
RemoteCall Service
SmartWorld

Is it ok or what type of trouble am I looking at. Should I defrost everything?

jcsww

Guys, I've used Titanium Backup to freeze some apps I had thought I might not need and now I'm seeing some other apps being frozen. I don't recall if these were frozen before or as a consequence of my action:
Android System WebView
Apps Orange
Device Setup
GCUV
Setup Wizard
Stub

and these I don't need and chosen to freeze:
Amazon Assistant
Duo
Email
File Manager
Google Play Music
Google Play Movies & TV
RemoteCall Service
SmartWorld

Is it ok or what type of trouble am I looking at. Should I defrost everything?

Some of the apps you didn't freeze that are frozen, are one run only. Device Setup and Setup Wizard are components of the initial setup when you boor your device for the first time or factory reset your device.

conbak49

May 7, 2012
I froze the majority of apps listed in OP with Titanium and have had no ill effects and have noticed definite battery life gains. Before I'd lose about 3-4% battery overnight. Now I'm losing 0% battery overnight. Maybe not a huge difference, but every little bit helps!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

AhmedRehan98

Oct 17, 2015
Most of the apps in this thread using titanium backup, didnt remove anything not included.
But please don't rely on titanium's free app to restore your uninstalled system apps cause it got stuck on my phone and I had to reflash everything.

BROKEN1981

Dec 27, 2013
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Most of the apps in this thread using titanium backup, didnt remove anything not included.
But please don't rely on titanium's free app to restore your uninstalled system apps cause it got stuck on my phone and I had to reflash everything.
This thread is too long to go through to see a list of what to freeze.

Honestly it's not even needed.

Sent from my LG-H932 using XDA Labs

Reactions: ChazzMatt

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I"ll keep it short, if you guys have more tips to improve on this please share.

I have been testing this for days on my wife stock v30 and mine. Both started the same with all bloware.
    After doing this I actually get
    -Better battery
    -Less battery drain in standby
    -Faster performance
    -and MUCH SMOOTHER SCROLLING

It seems to be a few LG apps running in the backgroung that are causing the stutter and lag we have all experience,
    some more than others.

Before doing this, go into different apps check speed and scrolling (Instagram, google home, gmail etc) so u can see the before and after.

READ THIS BEFORE DOING:
    -LG KEYBOARD IS DISABLE, download a different keyboard (swipe, gboard) and have that already install in your device, if you already have then disregard this
    -Also downloaded a different launcher if u are going to disable the stock launcher. I recommend using a different launcher other than the LG.

Let start.
    1: Go into play store and download "LG package disabler"
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lgpd.pmanager
    I believe is $1.99 but well worth it for what u can actually do

The LG PACKAGE DISABLE is suppost to AUTOMATICALLY download thr plugin needed to have administrator right so u can disable apps. if it doesnt after installation. download it here.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.weblib.mdm

2: BELOW I have attach pics of all apps i have disable. disable all or just the apps u which to disable.

NOTE: I disable Chrome (using Samsung internet beta) which support ad blocker (highly recommended) you can enable chrome in LG PD

3: go to developer option and enable "force gpu rendering"

after all this, Restart your phone. It should be faster and smoother.

Theres a few things you might want ENABLE (like the floating bar) which I have disable since I don't use it.

I did not include the 0.5X animation trick since I like my animation to be at 1.0X (personal choice)
    Hey, does reducing resolution significantly help with performance or battery life?
    It doesn't. Anyone that says it does is especially ignorantof OLED technology.

used the Package Disabler... and it actually slowed down all my devices after a couple of days. All of them incuding the new V30.
    I had to reboot the devices every day: PowerAMP stopped working due to RAM when I started browsing the web etc....

Now I simply use my V30 as it is and it's superb... no issue with RAM.

So my advice: if you dont have warranty just ROM your phone, if you do have warranty -as my new V30 - dont use Package Disabler Pro..... it not just doesnt work, but makes your phone buggy, lower, run out of RAM even thoough you have less funcion than before..
    - what you want to disable like Google Movies, Play, or GoogleMusic - you will be able to do that from the Settings.

Yes, LG really optimized the firmware to not have lags. I know people may not want some apps/services on their phones -- but sometimes it's just better to ignore or hide them, if they care about how the phone runs. So much is interconnected.

It's not like a few years ago when each system service or system app in stock firmware was totally separate components.
    Just a heads up. I don't know if this effects anyone else, but when I follow this guide and disable "lg ims" it completely breaks text messaging on my phone.
    Don't follow this guide. There's stuff you shouldn't disable. All discussed in pages in between.
    Thanks for this, I decided to keep a few apps and noticed the phone battery life lasting even longer. I'm not sure which app that I disabled but noticed Google assistant doesn't pop up when you long press the home button. Does anyone know which file I need to enable to get this back? When I Ling press the home button now, it just opens my dolphin browser. Any help is appreciated. Also disabling everything in the list caused me to not be able to send and receive texts. I use textra and it locked it down.

dont disable the stock messenger app. just have textra has the default msg app. if u disable the stock msg app textra wont send or recieve any msg.

about google assistant. check if u disable something not included on the list. my google assist. works find (long press home button)