GUIDE: Make your V30 Faster and Smoother

Search This thread

jcsww

If you cannot uninstall them from the normal Apps screen, then they are in the system partition. Google made the install-on-setup option available starting with Marshmallow, and their Nexus 5x and 6p were the first devices to support it. This way they shipped a clean phone with minimal space eaten up by the system, and carriers could still add their crap to the phone as well.

Yeah. I have never seen that happen with my Nexus 6P though but I basically have done everything on that manually since I got it. It being rooted, I may not have noticed. I'm guessing the V30 H933 probably has that same setup being a multi-carrier model.

WaxysDargle

Jul 17, 2012
I found this nice article on head-fi, I don't how trusted this can be, it looks like for Hi-Res music just 3 apps as of now support playback, one of them is LG stock player.
"https://www.head-fi.org/threads/music-apps-tips-and-tricks-for-the-lg-v30.868978/"
this is easily debunked by trying different music apps and enabling/disabling hifi via status bar. i use youtube music all day long and no issues with DAC.

Reactions: ChazzMatt

One Twelve

Oct 28, 2013
I found this nice article on head-fi, I don't how trusted this can be, it looks like for Hi-Res music just 3 apps as of now support playback, one of them is LG stock player.
"https://www.head-fi.org/threads/music-apps-tips-and-tricks-for-the-lg-v30.868978/"

Reason they recommend neutron is it does not up-sample 16/44 to 48 unlike every other player. Dac does it for youtube as well

What up-sampling does is create artifacts that might be audible with good head gear.

How good your hearing is and in the end all depends on whether you can actually tell the difference between up-sampling or not

Can you ? test it an tell us

I see no reason not to trust head-fi on the subject of audio, makes as much sense as asking the same question about phones and xda

Last edited:

WaxysDargle

Jul 17, 2012
Personally, I wouldn't recommend anyone disable IPSec, even though Linux is pretty secure out of the box.

al4d

Oct 10, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
I used APK Extractor to save the app so that if I ever have to do a factory reset or replace my V30 I will still have this app that I paid for even though it's been removed from the playstore. Unfortunately I can't share :(

Reactions: PerCompLLC

AGPPC

Jan 9, 2009
link to download xml ?

HI , I have installed LG package disabler pro , can some one please provie with link for xml as i am not sure what all package i can disable.

Thanks

Josh McGrath

Jan 16, 2013
OnePlus 9
What if there's a new update software? What will happen?

Unless the software update is specific for an app on the phones, it shouldn't affect anything. The most recent Jan update had only Android general OS updates like Spectre and meltdown.

Now if there's an LG specific update, it could contain the app update to just that app and would probably unfreeze it, but just the app(s) in the update. Usually updates don't make changes to the user changes... Usually. ?

jcsww

Reactions: seloka180

lmservas

Nov 6, 2016
LG V30
Google Pixel 4 XL
It amazes me that people keep paying over and over again for an app that disappears, then reappears to rebuy, even if you have purchased it before.

I completely concur and if it weren't frowned upon around here I would crack and upload a copy of the apk here. I just know that some folks were looking for this app and are willing to pay for it one or more times lol.

P.S. I check my PM's often! ;)

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
It amazes me that people keep paying over and over again for an app that disappears, then reappears to rebuy, even if you have purchased it before.
I'm amazed people use something that has proven to cause lag in many cases and may mess up your phone.

Yes, mostly by people who try to disable everything without understanding they are crippling useful features. But also some things are interconnected you don't realize.

Sent via open market LG US998 V30/V30+

Last edited:

jcsww

I'm amazed people use something that has proven to cause lag in many cases and may mess up your phone.

Yes, mostly by people who try to disable everything without understanding they are crippling useful features. But also some things are interconnected you don't realize.

Sent via open market LG US998 V30/V30+

That too!~ I can say I have had no noticeable slowdowns or lag on both of my devices that I manually went through and use ADB to disable and remove apps. I leave my devices always powered up, even when charging, I don't bother with the optimization software that LG has pre-installed, and I keep Blokada running all of the time with a few webpages that are always open to make it easy to refresh and get updated information.

Outside of removing the LG keyboard, which you can restore through LG's Software Update. The rest of the crap I went after was things like Facebook, Instagram, and other useless bloatware apps I have no intention on using or allowing to run in my phones. Those who start disabling system services that they don't know what they full do or even what the apks are, are bound to run into issues.

For most, removing most bloat doesn't free up space. The H933 is one of the few exceptions to that with some apps. Carrier apps are downloaded once the setup process is completed and your Google Account is signed in. These can be removed and do free up some space. The H932 and other carrier subsidized devices have the carrier branding in the system image so removing the app doesn't actually remove the apk because it is stored within the system image.

It's kind of funny that through the length of this thread, the original script that caused issues for some is still being asked for. Most of the important information related to disapbling and removing apps has been repeated every couple of pages.

lmservas

Nov 6, 2016
LG V30
Google Pixel 4 XL
You mentioned the built-in LG "Optimization" tool...The fact that LG would include such a program is shocking given that it has been proven over and over and over and over again that such tools do absolutely nothing to improve device performance. I suppose if you look at the millions of combined download numbers for all the app-killing tools on the Playstore it would only make sense to give the herd what they want, dumb or otherwise. ADB is a far superior tool for removing bloat and as stated by the users above bloat should on be considered such if it's something 3rd party like Instagram, Facebook, and other various Carrier apps. I also own an S8+ & S9+ and it amazes me how Samsung owners are the worst when it comes to running scripts to debloat that then strip their systems of all the features they originally purportedly chose a Samsung device for?!? Oh well, to each his own!

RLynn69

Mar 26, 2018
So I know I'm late to the party here, but I got the package disabler today, and I only disabled 14 lg apps (the launcher, for example), and I thought I had it exactly where I wanted it to be, but them I tried to use my capture+ memo/qslide app.... It's gone. I think it's because I disabled the "home", since I use Nova. Is there anyway I can get it back (the capture+ at least) without having to factory reset it? Please help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I"ll keep it short, if you guys have more tips to improve on this please share.

I have been testing this for days on my wife stock v30 and mine. Both started the same with all bloware.
    After doing this I actually get
    -Better battery
    -Less battery drain in standby
    -Faster performance
    -and MUCH SMOOTHER SCROLLING

It seems to be a few LG apps running in the backgroung that are causing the stutter and lag we have all experience,
    some more than others.

Before doing this, go into different apps check speed and scrolling (Instagram, google home, gmail etc) so u can see the before and after.

READ THIS BEFORE DOING:
    -LG KEYBOARD IS DISABLE, download a different keyboard (swipe, gboard) and have that already install in your device, if you already have then disregard this
    -Also downloaded a different launcher if u are going to disable the stock launcher. I recommend using a different launcher other than the LG.

Let start.
    1: Go into play store and download "LG package disabler"
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lgpd.pmanager
    I believe is $1.99 but well worth it for what u can actually do

The LG PACKAGE DISABLE is suppost to AUTOMATICALLY download thr plugin needed to have administrator right so u can disable apps. if it doesnt after installation. download it here.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.weblib.mdm

2: BELOW I have attach pics of all apps i have disable. disable all or just the apps u which to disable.

NOTE: I disable Chrome (using Samsung internet beta) which support ad blocker (highly recommended) you can enable chrome in LG PD

3: go to developer option and enable "force gpu rendering"

after all this, Restart your phone. It should be faster and smoother.

Theres a few things you might want ENABLE (like the floating bar) which I have disable since I don't use it.

I did not include the 0.5X animation trick since I like my animation to be at 1.0X (personal choice)
    Hey, does reducing resolution significantly help with performance or battery life?
    It doesn't. Anyone that says it does is especially ignorantof OLED technology.

On 2014 Droid Turbo was proven if didn't help battery at all but negated premium feature of QHD resolution.
    used the Package Disabler... and it actually slowed down all my devices after a couple of days. All of them incuding the new V30.
    I had to reboot the devices every day: PowerAMP stopped working due to RAM when I started browsing the web etc....

Now I simply use my V30 as it is and it's superb... no issue with RAM.

So my advice: if you dont have warranty just ROM your phone, if you do have warranty -as my new V30 - dont use Package Disabler Pro..... it not just doesnt work, but makes your phone buggy, lower, run out of RAM even thoough you have less funcion than before..
    - what you want to disable like Google Movies, Play, or GoogleMusic - you will be able to do that from the Settings.

Yes, LG really optimized the firmware to not have lags. I know people may not want some apps/services on their phones -- but sometimes it's just better to ignore or hide them, if they care about how the phone runs. So much is interconnected.

It's not like a few years ago when each system service or system app in stock firmware was totally separate components.
    Just a heads up. I don't know if this effects anyone else, but when I follow this guide and disable "lg ims" it completely breaks text messaging on my phone.
    Don't follow this guide. There's stuff you shouldn't disable. All discussed in pages in between.
    Thanks for this, I decided to keep a few apps and noticed the phone battery life lasting even longer. I'm not sure which app that I disabled but noticed Google assistant doesn't pop up when you long press the home button. Does anyone know which file I need to enable to get this back? When I Ling press the home button now, it just opens my dolphin browser. Any help is appreciated. Also disabling everything in the list caused me to not be able to send and receive texts. I use textra and it locked it down.

dont disable the stock messenger app. just have textra has the default msg app. if u disable the stock msg app textra wont send or recieve any msg.

about google assistant. check if u disable something not included on the list. my google assist. works find (long press home button)