[GUIDE] Manual Update P20 PRO with HuRUpdater and TWRP

Search This thread

maahmd

Feb 8, 2014
can i flashing NOT APPROVED files? anyone try ?
Because when receiving a new update on firmware finder Needs about a month to become approved ^_^

mangusZen

Apr 10, 2011
Bologna,Italy
can i flashing NOT APPROVED files? anyone try ?
Because when receiving a new update on firmware finder Needs about a month to become approved ^_^
You can do it, but keep in mind that could be something not ready yet. It is usually safe for everyday usage.
For example, some time ago I installed a not approved firmware and playstore was not certified, until I installed the verified version.

maahmd

Feb 8, 2014
You can do it, but keep in mind that could be something not ready yet. It is usually safe for everyday usage.
For example, some time ago I installed a not approved firmware and playstore was not certified, until I installed the verified version.

If so, can I install an older verified version ? after this..

gd6noob

Apr 29, 2011
I noticed on Firmware Finder theres some new files and have some questions...

2018.09.06 CLT-L29C636patch02B152 (8.1.0.152) patch02 - Whats new with this patch02? anyone have info?
2018.08.06 CLT-L29C636B152 (8.1.0.152) - This is the one I installed

maahmd

Feb 8, 2014

2018.09.06 CLT-L29C636patch02B152 (8.1.0.152) patch02 - Whats new with this patch02? anyone have info?

my same question..

gm007

May 29, 2011
OnePlus 8T

This update fixes an issue where a Wi-Fi scanning prompt repeatedly popped up in certain scenarios.

gd6noob

Apr 29, 2011
I just received the update via OTA.. it was regarding contacts being sync without user knowledge while on BT, i.e. to your car...

selfxd

Apr 16, 2018
Ugh .116 was approved for me and waiting to show but I have a feeling because of the .114 patch I'll be waiting until October. Now .116 isn't shown as approved.

KKYASIR

Jul 28, 2012
Abha
i want to downgrade my P20 Pro from CLT-L29 8.1.0.152 to CLT-L29 8.1.0.108 , is it possible and what will be the procedure ?

bootloader unlocked

silverstream

Sep 24, 2009
I applied Patch03 via System today and it rebooted into TWRP. Luckily I was able to boot back into System. Anyone sucessfully updated that ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you have unlocked bootloader and TWRP, you can flash a newer firmware using HuRUpdater

This steps can be risky for your device if you don't know what you are doing, so try to read some guide about flashing first
    before attempt these operations if you are a new to these things.
    I don't take any responsability of catastrophic failures and loss of data.

-- I did a titanium backup before the upgrade, but in my case no restore was needed as all data were retained.
    In this simple update no factory reset was triggered.
    Please read the HUrupdater thread also for more informations.

- Install Unofficial TWRP by Pretoriano80
    - Download HuRUpdater 0.3 and put it in a folder in your sdcard

-Search the firmware for your device with Firmware Finder

Make sure you download the correct firmware version for your device (type, region code)
    wrong firmware can brick your device

I used updated firmware files APPROVED for my device checked with firmware finder app.
    I don't know if flashing NOT APPROVED files will harm your device. You have been warned.

I successfully updated my device from CLT-L29C636B130 to CLT-L29C636B131
    ***Don't try to rebrand your phone with this method***

- Use FullOTA-MF images of the firmware and download the 3 files needed
    in my case:

update.zip
    update_data_full_public.zip
    update_full_CLT-L29_hw_spcseas.zip

- rename the 3 files to:

update.zip
    update_data_public.zip
    update_all_hw.zip

and put the files in the same folder with HuRUpdater 0.3

(optional)
    - The Update will overwrite your TWRP custom recovery so to retain it automatically rename the TWRP IMAGE
    twrp_clt_0.1.img to recovery.img and put in the same folder with others files.

K6GN32j.jpg

- Remove all security locks from your phone before rebooting to TWRP.
    Go to System- Developer Options
    Disable Screen lock (third row)
    this will suffice to remove the security locks of the phone (sequences, pin,fingerprints)

-Reboot to TWRP
    If you are rooted, remove Magisk first with its uninstaller. I don't know if it's needed but better don't have things like that
    messing around during the update. You can reroot later anyway.

-Go to the folder with the files and flash the system using the HuRUpdater_0.3.zip ONLY
    That great tool will do all the job needed. After system, it will reflash the TWRP recovery IMG you previoulsly renamed
    overwriting again the stock ramdisk_recovery that comes with the firmware.

It will take some minutes, don't panic and let the process end.
    You will see some red errors but don't worry,it's fine

- Reboot in your TWRP to check (from inside TWRP , reboot - recovery, be sure not to have a usb cable plugged or it will trigger stock EMUI e-recovery)

- Wipe dalvik and cache

- Reroot new system with Magisk

-Reboot to system and restore the security lock in developer options

- Restore your fingerprints and pins

- Enjoy the update. :D

Thanks to @zxz0O0 for this great Tool, works good on P20 pro too.
    And obviously @Pretoriano80 for his recovery.
    If I reinstall twrp by renaming it as recovery.img, will HuRUupdater install the twrp in recovery_ramdisk, or will it replace eRecovery instead?

If twrp doesn't replace eRecovery, how do I get to eRecovery? As of now, whenever I want to enter recovery, it will get to twrp.

eRecovery is not replaced.
    To enter there try other volume button or with a cable plugged
    Working adb sideload?
    I have not tried that, it depends on the TWRP recovery, let us know if you try
    If I reinstall twrp by renaming it as recovery.img, will HuRUupdater install the twrp in recovery_ramdisk, or will it replace eRecovery instead?

If twrp doesn't replace eRecovery, how do I get to eRecovery? As of now, whenever I want to enter recovery, it will get to twrp.

when booting there is a screen prompting to whether you want to go to eRecovery by pressing up or just boot into system and something ike that

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

Not working adb sideload... How I can install I not know...not have my phone micro SD card slot...puff

why you want to do sideload ? guide clearly explained to install it using TWRP.

if you dont have TWRP, then install it first :eek:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone