[Guide] Mate 9 Flash Nougat Update Package and Rebrand

mankindtw

Jul 22, 2008
Steps:
  • Prepare and Notice
    A. Backup data, it might be restore factory default setting especially using downgrade ROM version.
    B. Unlock bootloader before apply manual update, the manual update package bypass auth through modified stock recovery.
    C. After update successfully, device might be locked again.
    D. Only tested China mate9 with MHA-AL00C00 and MHA-L29C636 ROM.
    E. The manual update script use TWRP (Thanks to @Tkkg1994, @OldDroid)

• Download Update ZIP
    A. Get ROM update link through hwmt.ru. Click "filelist.xml".
    B. Observe "update.zip" size, choose more than 1GB file size FULL OTA from previous step. Example MHA-L29C636B158 filelist Link, all three update files and path are in the filelist.xml content.
    • update.zip: Change URL last "filelist.xml" to "update.zip" download file.
    • update_data_public.zip: Change URL last "filelist.xml" to "public/update_data_full_public.zip" download file, and rename it to "update_data_public.zip"
    • update_all_hw.zip: Change URL last "filelist.xml" to "hw/spcseas/update_full_hw_spcseas.zip" download file, and rename it to "update_all_hw.zip"
    C. Observe "update.zip" size, choose more than 1GB file size FULL OTA from previous step. Example MHA-AL00C00B167 filelist Link, , all three update files and path are in the filelist.xml content.
    • update.zip: Change URL last "filelist.xml" to "update.zip" download file.
    • update_data_public.zip: Change URL last "filelist.xml" to "public/update_data_full_public.zip" download file, and rename it to "update_data_public.zip"
    • update_all_hw.zip: Change URL last "filelist.xml" to "all/cn/update_full_all_cn.zip" download file, and rename it to "update_all_hw.zip"

Last edited:

5[Strogino]

Sep 23, 2009
Moscow
Hmm. Sound's good.
Are you hacking stock recovery to install everything what you want?
Did you test by self?
Main problem is to manually force update via stock recovery. But if you're using TWRP, so problem is to install full update. TWRP does not have support of special update commands.

backb0ne5p1d0r

Feb 8, 2013
Amman
EPIC!
Just used this to update into L29C636B180. It worked perfectly fine. THANK YOU!

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Impressive!
This method can be used to rebrand too (in theory)
I will check soon.
I believe so too. (That in theory this should work for rebranding.)
Looking at the batch file, I'd say you're supposed to restore oeminfo while the batch file is showing "D. Connect usb cable before next step.". if you want to rebrand.
Would love to try it. But I've just used this method to update into L29C636B180. Wouldn't want to reset all settings again. So please try it and let us know what happens if you rebrand!

and to the OP, Thank you again! I'm honestly so happy that we finally do not have to use "proprietary" services as someone puts it to update our phones hahah.

Reactions: NIPSEN

Mostar088

Oct 1, 2012
Stockholm
5[Strogino said:
;71962333]You need change bat-file and point path where packages located

Originally they are in /sdcard/HWOTA
No i mean it does not find the otg storage at all when it is in upgrade mode.
Only when it's powerd on normaly.

Sent from my VIE-L29 using XDA Labs