• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[GUIDE][MEDIATEK] How To Port 5.x.x LP and 6.x.x MM Based ROMs for MTK Kitkat Devices

Search This thread

ZonaRMR

Jan 27, 2014
Narnia
Hi,
Can you please post a method to port ROM from lollipop(kernel 3.10.54+) to lollipop(3.10.54)
or more .my phone comes with lollipop,I search in internet but I found only ROM porting from KitKat to lollipop ,marshmallow and other.
I tried all the method but result is Bootloop.
Device:intex aqua speed HD(MT6582).
Thank you

Search MT6582 ROMs running 3.10.54 kernel.
I have found some ROMs for you:
https://gionee-m3customroms.blogspot.mx/search/label/LP KERNAL ROMS
https://gionee-m3customroms.blogspot.mx/search/label/STOCK BASED ROMS LP?max-results=7
https://gionee-m3customroms.blogspot.mx/2016/12/romlp31054-cyanogen-os.html

Use same method from the OP

Happy porting...

Hi there..
I want to port took
Which port rom did you use?? Pls tell me...

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

My phone is Micromax Bolt D320 kitkat 4.4.2 mt6572
And I want the custom rom/ port rom ~~~ pls help me:confused:

Seach mt6572 ROMs running kitkat kernel(3.4.67)
Click here my friend

Reactions: Stark7Ghost

HiR3x

Aug 10, 2017
Laç
shortu.hol.es
hello thanks for this tutorial but i have some question
is possible to port mt6582 nugart 7.1.2 rom to my device with mt6592 .. and if i want to port some lollipop or marshmallow rom on my mt6592 can utilize the stock kitkat files to do the port ...
wat i need to change into karnel wen i port a rom????

Sent from my nypon using XDA Labs

[email protected]

Jul 16, 2017
Search MT6582 ROMs running 3.10.54 kernel.
I have found some ROMs for you:
https://gionee-m3customroms.blogspot.mx/search/label/LP KERNAL ROMS
https://gionee-m3customroms.blogspot.mx/search/label/STOCK BASED ROMS LP?max-results=7
https://gionee-m3customroms.blogspot.mx/2016/12/romlp31054-cyanogen-os.html

Use same method from the OP

Happy porting...

Seach mt6572 ROMs running kitkat kernel(3.4.67)
Click here my friend
Will it work on spedtrum sc7731 devices ?

HiR3x

Aug 10, 2017
Laç
shortu.hol.es
Ok i ported some marshmallow roms for my device
zopo zp998 / mt 6592 / kernel 3.4.67
and now i have some bugs i need help ?
1 memory show only 3gb and don't show the external storage 10gb
2 problem with conecting and audio in bluetooth handset
3 FM don't work
4 video recording crash if touch the screen for take a photo
5 GPS

drei.liter.milch

Dec 27, 2016
Mönchengladbach
I've ported various roms (mm/n) for InFocus m808 (MT6753) cm- and aosp-based. They all work fine except for one thing: speaker-out sound works on NONE of the ports :( :(
Which obviously makes these ports unusable. If I connect headphones sound works as expected and Crystal clear. But the built in speaker stays in silence..
I guess it is not a big thing, because sound engine is obviously working. Just this ***** speaker-out sound refuses to work..
Anybody a clue or perhaps a solution for this..?
Or a tip how to debug this?
Help is desperately appreciated.. :)

Sent from my s5neoltexx using XDA Labs

TheResurrectOr

Oct 6, 2017
Dhaka
Help please

I am totally floating in a sea without any support fot mt8382..HELP ME ;-; it never boots on any custom rom i ported :'(

Device : Walpad C

Version : 4.4.2

Chipset : MT8382 ( mtk droid tool says its is 6582, 8382 is fake lmao )

Flavour : Tablet

Reactions: HiR3x

Anonshi

Oct 29, 2017
I was trying to port a Lollipop base rom from the same MTK6592

I'm quite unsure about what to do on step 5, here have a look of my stock and port rom META-INF updater script.

stock updater script:
BAoN7

port updater script:
s7yhS

thank you in advance.

haumich_blau

Jan 19, 2018
Update from Ice Cream Sandwich

I have a Lenovo a789:
chipset: MT6577
Android: 4.0.4 ICS
Is it possible to use this guide to port to update Android? I read the OP, but I am not experienced enough to judge this.
If not, is anyone aware of a method to update the OS?

alyyyyy

Feb 11, 2018
Arty A3 to Android 6 or higher?

Hello, i have Gigabyte Gsmart Arty A3. My stock firmware does not have those files for replacing. It looks all different. All i can do is reinstall the stock via FlashTool with scatter file. Can you help me, how to get Android 6 or higher version to my phone? Thanks for replies

abu13

Jul 17, 2017
New Delhi
How to Fix Vibration Intensity ?
My Navigation button Vibrate on Touch is soft In my stock but after porting to LOS 13 Vibration Is too strong .there is no option To change the Intensity in my Sound setting .
Which file should i replace or edit?
please help.

And youtube 720 doesn't show up
and thanks for the guide bdw

lucki1000

How To Port Lollipop and Marshmallow Based ROMs for MTK Kitkat Devices

Only For Mediatek SOCs

This guide applies to same chipsets:

Example:
MT6592 to MT6592
MT6572 to MT6572
MT6582 to MT6582

And works also for different SOC with same GPU

Before starting this tutorial, please make a backup of your ROM
I am not responsible for any damage to your device, this guide is for expert users.

You Need:

- Winrar, 7-Zip or similar
- Notepad++
- Tool for unpack/repack MTK boot.imgs
- Your Stock KitKat ROM
- One Lollipop/Marshmallow ROM for port
- Brain :p

Step 1.- Unzip the Lollipop or Marsmallow ROM you want to port and also the Stock ROM. Rename the Lollipop/Marshmallow ROM folder to Port ROM

Step 2.- Delete this files or folders in Port ROM folder and replace with your files from Stock ROM:

Step 3.-Open system/lib/hw folder in Stock ROM folder, then select & copy all files and paste to inside the system/lib/hw folder in Port ROM replacing files.

Note: if you porting a ROM from a different SOC, delete this files before in port rom, like this:audio.primary.mt65xx.so, audio_policy.mt65xx.so, gralloc.mt65xx.so, hwcomposer.mt65xx.so, ligths.mt65xx.so, sensors.mt65xx.so etc.

Step 4.-Rename your stock kitkat boot.img to stockboot.img and the boot.img from Port ROM folder to portboot.img. Now unpack the boot.imgs, use the kernel 3.4.67(zImage)from your decompiled stockboot.img and the ramdisk folder from decompiled portboot.img, recompile it and put this new boot.img in Port ROM folder.Read my post #144.

Step 5.- Open the updater-script in META-INF from port rom, open it with Netepad++. Edit the format &mount points(compare with your updater-script from stock META-INF)

Example:

Step 6.- Zip the Port ROM folder and flash it in recovery mode and enjoy.:highfive:

Press the "Thanks" button if this guide has been useful for you

I have ported a rom for my phone and it works very fine but i can't use the volume keys Up and Down both not working and the power button and the hardware keys like home-, back- and menu-button wont work too.
Actually, I do not want to leave this rom.
It would be nice if anyone can help me.

Regards Lucki1000

Sent from my Motorola Moto G (5) using XDA Labs

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fx7clax.jpg

How To Port Lollipop and Marshmallow Based ROMs for MTK Kitkat Devices

Only For Mediatek SOCs

This guide applies to same chipsets:

Example:
    MT6592 to MT6592
    MT6572 to MT6572
    MT6582 to MT6582

And works also for different SOC with same GPU

Before starting this tutorial, please make a backup of your ROM
    I am not responsible for any damage to your device, this guide is for expert users.

You Need:

- Winrar, 7-Zip or similar
    - Notepad++
    - Tool for unpack/repack MTK boot.imgs
    - Your Stock KitKat ROM
    - One Lollipop/Marshmallow ROM for port
    - Brain :p

Step 1.- Unzip the Lollipop or Marsmallow ROM you want to port and also the Stock ROM. Rename the Lollipop/Marshmallow ROM folder to Port ROM

Step 2.- Delete this files or folders in Port ROM folder and replace with your files from Stock ROM:

Code:
    -[B][SIZE="2"]system/etc/firmware  <-- Folder
    -system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl  <-- File(if you  have issues with softkeys and power,volume keys after replacing this file, try don't touch the original [COLOR="Blue"]usr[/COLOR] folder in port ROM. [URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=70381044&postcount=457"]See here[/URL][/SIZE][/B]

Step 3.-Open system/lib/hw folder in Stock ROM folder, then select & copy all files and paste to inside the system/lib/hw folder in Port ROM replacing files.

Note: if you porting a ROM from a different SOC, delete this files before in port rom, like this: audio.primary.mt65xx.so, audio_policy.mt65xx.so, gralloc.mt65xx.so, hwcomposer.mt65xx.so, ligths.mt65xx.so, sensors.mt65xx.so etc.

Step 4.-Rename your stock kitkat boot.img to stockboot.img and the boot.img from Port ROM folder to portboot.img. Now unpack the boot.imgs, use the kernel 3.4.67(zImage)from your decompiled stockboot.img and the ramdisk folder from decompiled portboot.img, recompile it and put this new boot.img in Port ROM folder. Read my post #144.

Step 5.- Open the updater-script in META-INF from port rom, open it with Netepad++. Edit the format &mount points(compare with your updater-script from stock META-INF)

Example:
    Code:
    format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p[COLOR="Red"]5[/COLOR]", "0", "/system");
    format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p[COLOR="Red"]7[/COLOR]", "0", "/data");
    mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p[COLOR="Red"]5[/COLOR]", "/system");

Step 6.- Zip the Port ROM folder and flash it in recovery mode and enjoy.:highfive:​

Press the "Thanks" button if this guide has been useful for you
    Fixing Bugs

No audio in loudspeaker?

Replace libaudio.primary.default.so from stock ROM to Port

Storage Bug

Decompile the framework-res.apk, go to res/xm/storage_list.xml and edit it like the storage_list.xml from framework-res.apk of your Kitkat ROM, also edit the fstab.mt65xx in boot.img(compare with the fstab.mt65xx of your kitkat boot.img)

Sdcard not work or internal storage?

Replace:

system/bin/sdcard and system/bin/vold

Bluetooth

Replace libbluetooth_mtk.so and libbluetoothem_mtk.so from stock ROM to port.

Sensors

Replace libsensors.so file from stock ROM to port.

Wifi

Replace libwifi-service.so from stock ROM to port

Camera

all files that start with libcam....so

For mt6572 replacing this:

system/lib/libimageio.so
    system/lib/libcameradrv.so

coming soon more :p
    2 tools you give me cannot unpack boot. the tool which i had used is ok but stuck on logo screen if i change kernel and edit fstab. if i use stock boot, my device bootloop.
    what can i do?

Use Carliv Kitchen Image or Michfood's tool

In michfood's tool, put the stockboot.img and portboot.img. Drag and drop the mtk boot.img to unpack...
    iF2fU0D.png

Open in two side by side windows the stockboot folder and portboot folder, then select kernel and kernel_header from stockboot folder and drag them over the portboot folder kernel and kernel_header replacing both.
    r6w3dsB.png

Drag and drop portboot folder to MTK_Pack and put the new boot.img to portrom folder.
    2Aimdyl.png

In carliv's tool, put the stockbot.img and portboot.img to boot-resources folder
    CoLwy8t.png

Now, execute this tool and unpack the stockboot.img fist and portboot.img after...
    vwR0c8m.png
    jV2Uy5F.png

Then, open the stockport folder and portboot folder in two windows...
    pwktFVn.png

Delete all files inside portrom folder except ramdisk folder
    eVqPOJm.png

Then copy all files except the ramdisk folder from stockboot folder and paste to inside the portboot folder
    AyWCx1I.png

Now, repack the portboot folder and put the new boot.img from output folder to portrom folder(rename to boot)
    YYUWeMC.png
    Msj2rWw.png
    @Gravemind2015
    I believe that someone has ported successfully with MT6592
    Sounds interesting, what about Lollipop to Lollipop? example My device already is Lollipop 5, port to 5.1 or CM 12.1
    If you want to port the same version of Lollipop you need to delete and replace
    -system/etc/firmware
    -system/lib/egl
    -system/lib/hw
    -system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl
    -system/vendor

and also the port boot.img with your stock lollipop boot.img and make changes in mount points of the updater-script. For porting Lollipop 5.1.1 or CM12.1 to your device running lollipop 5.0, you need decompile your boot.img and the boot.img from lollipop 5.1.1. Use the zImage from your stock boot.img and the ramdisk from the boot.img of lollipop 5.1.1 or CM12.1 ROM and follow the steps 2, 3 and 4 of this guide(not forgetting to make changes in mount points of the updater-script)