[GUIDE] Mega Unbrick Guide for A Hard Bricked OnePlus 7 Pro

Search This thread

SkandaH

XDA Portal Supporter
Jun 8, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus 7T
Similar to the previous threads for OnePlus 5, OnePlus 5T or OnePlus 6, here are the necessary packages to unbrick/revive a hard bricked OnePlus 7 Pro.

The following hardware revisions are supported:
  • GM1910: China
  • GM1911: India
  • GM1913: Europe
  • GM1917: Global/US Unlocked
Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=294744
guacamole_21_H.04_190416_unlocked.zip

After using it, the phone will be restored to HydrogenOS aka Chinese firmware.
guacamole_21_E.08_190515_unlocked.rar

After using it, the phone will be restored to OxygenOS 9.5.4.GM21BA aka European firmware.
guacamole_21_O.07_190512_unlocked.zip

After using it, the phone will be restored to OxygenOS 9.5.3.GM21AA aka global firmware.

• In every case, it is possible to upgrade to latest OxygenOS by using full signed zip from this thread via Local Upgrade.
  • With the device powered off, hold Volume Up & Volume Down buttons to force it to boot to Qualcomm download mode.
  • Use the most updated signed driver (2.1.2.2 at this moment) to avoid potential issues..
  • For detailed procedures, please consult the linked threads above. There is no reason to repeat the same thing again.
  • Make sure the path of the extracted files doesn't contain any non-English character. The tool isn't unicode aware.

Source:

Last edited:

LLStarks

Jun 1, 2012
Doesn't this leave you with a Chinese modem (limited LTE bands and roaming configs?) and critical partitions? Wouldn't an international or European tool be more suitable considering that Oxygen zips may not overwrite everything? Or is this just a temporary guide with what we have?

jkyoho

Aug 4, 2011
toronto
Doesn't this leave you with a Chinese modem (limited LTE bands and roaming configs?) and critical partitions? Wouldn't an international or European tool be more suitable considering that Oxygen zips may not overwrite everything? Or is this just a temporary guide with what we have?

Temp? yes and no, I would say. Better than warranty R&D in days no phone for use.
As far as you can revive the phone from QDL9008 back to HOS/OOS, you now have a chance Again to switch over whatever ROM or OS you want later on.

thebigtross

Aug 19, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S7
OnePlus 7 Pro
Take out the Chinese characters in the file name and then try

Yep that's i though, but i finaly looking for EU version. Because i think with OTA upgrade to GMBA EU modem will not contain the good modem right ?

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

failed to install on EU model : param preprocessing and stop at 5 ou 7 sec before flashing. I tryed using anothere patched tool and not working :s

uniQ191

Dec 4, 2014
Please help me, I failed pretty hard and bricked my phone.
I rooted my phone with stock recovery using a patched magisk boot image and all went fine.
Today, I deviced to temporarily boot into twrp to check it out, so I booted into fastboot and used "fastboot boot twrp.img"
and booted into system. I was confused and rebooted but now I was stuck in stock recovery. So I completely flashed TWRP
on boot_a and boot_b and into TWRP I rooted my device. But even now I am always bootlooping into TWRP and can't
get my phone to boot into system.

I tried using the unbrick tool but my device won't show up on my computer, even with the driver installed.
I'm screwed, can someone help? :(

Can I somehow reflash the stock recovery and revert back to my patched boot image?

jkyoho

Aug 4, 2011
toronto
I rooted my phone with stock recovery using a patched magisk boot image and all went fine.
Today, I deviced to temporarily boot into twrp to check it out, so I booted into fastboot and used "fastboot boot twrp.img"
and booted into system. I was confused and rebooted but now I was stuck in stock recovery. So I completely flashed TWRP
on boot_a and boot_b and into TWRP I rooted my device. But even now I am always bootlooping into TWRP and can't

I tried using the unbrick tool but my device won't show up on my computer, even with the driver installed.

Can I somehow reflash the stock recovery and revert back to my patched boot image?

what is your device OOS 9.5.3/4/5/6 ?
flash the co-responding stock boot.img from twrp with magisk zip together, and see if you can boot

thebigtross

Aug 19, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S7
OnePlus 7 Pro

You havn't bricked your phone, just put it in fastboot mode and reupload boot image to the correct slot !

Regards,

uniQ191

Dec 4, 2014
You havn't bricked your phone, just put it in fastboot mode and reupload boot image to the correct slot !

Regards,

Thanks for your replies! I was on OOS 9.5.5 and I tried flashing the twrp/magisk zips but that didn't work either. I also tried applying the stock boot.img to the active slot, but still got the recovery bootloop.
So as my last hope, I wiped all data in recovery mode, rebooted to fastboot and sideloaded the complete stock image from here https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-7-pro/how-to/rom-stock-fastboot-roms-oneplus-7-pro-t3931424
I reconfigured my phone from scratch, rooted with the patched boot image like before and everythings works now. Guess I will not bother with TWRP any time soon.

May 25, 2019
When I reboot into edl mode, it recognizes the "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008", but then 10 seconds later, the phone automatically boots the the battery display, which disables edl. The same this happens whether I use the vol up+down and plug in, or `adb reboot edl`.

Edit: "How I learned to stop worrying and risk a brick"
Selecting the right COM and hitting start in MSMtool in that 10 second window kept it in edl mode for the duration of the flash.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts