[GUIDE] Mega Unbrick Guide for A Hard Bricked OnePlus X

Search This thread

No-New-Phone

Jan 15, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F1
OK, I am confused. @Kéno40 - this is a follow-up to your answer in the twrp-section, many thanks for that.

As the only windows computers are belonging to the office, I for sure cannot turn off security measures and install some chinese drivers from androidfilehost. So it took me some time to set up a win7 virtualbox and filter usb for qualcomm to the guest. This far, it seems OK. What I would like to know:

* I have followed the instructions and startet the update procedure. After 10 minutes it didn't show any progress at all, so I stopped the update. That's where I stand now.
* I have attached a screenshot No 1. As you can see, the device manager shows the qualcomm driver with an exclamation mark. Is that because the driver is not signed, or is it simply not correctly installed? (When I try to update the driver with the qcom drivers, it tells me that I've already installed the actual driver.)
* How long should the update procedure take? Shouldn't it show any type of connection to the phone? It seems there has happened something (screenshot 2)
* I hope that this kind of update is possible in a virtualized environment. It took me some time to allow the windows gues to listen to the usb port (instead of my linux host). See screenshot 3.

Screenshots:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ywTJfn5w1pL9vFqi6
Any comments welcome.

Last edited:

Kéno40

Nov 1, 2010
Is your phone on fastboot state?

Reboot and retry.

Search on the oneplus forum on the same subject I can't remember but maybe something has to be done to launch.

blossom

Jan 30, 2008
tried the steps on page one
everything is successful
except the phone still black with red light on
the computer recognize the phone as OnePlus Drivers

Any clue what i should do next?

Thanks

pelipost

Jun 2, 2019
I have followed instructions downloads, driver etc (although the msm download tool when verified says taht raw file is a failure??) but still cannot book into system - totally black screen when connected to power red flashing dot. Any ideas?

amanratan

Aug 9, 2019
I have followed instructions downloads, driver etc (although the msm download tool when verified says taht raw file is a failure??) but still cannot book into system - totally black screen when connected to power red flashing dot. Any ideas?

I'm having the same problem, were you able to resolve the issue ?

I bought OPx with my first salary back in Nov '15 and in my opinion its the most gorgeous phone. Yes, still. I bricked it in '16. It was at 40% one moment and the next the device was off. No response to any button whatsoever. I did try a couple of things but alas, failed. Today I found the phone again while I was packing to move out. Now, I am not very adept at this but I was wondering if there was anyone who could help me find a solution to it or definitively say otherwise.
Currently, there is no response if I press any buttons but whenever I connect it to the power adapter, a flickering red led lights up in the top right corner.
Thanks in advance.

TLDR - there is no response if I press any buttons but whenever I connect it to the power adapter, a flickering red led lights up in the top right corner.

pacifico40

Sep 28, 2019
Hi, I followed the guide on page 1 and was able to get back on the official OP recovery bootloader. The problem is there is no Android image on my phone and the bootloader is locked. So wipe data does not work...or I cant put back on TWRP to flash a new image!!

Is my OPX dead? Is there a way with fastboot or ADB to unlock the bootloader without access to Android?

Thanks!!

Mahendar2916

Jan 26, 2018

naeem12345

Oct 1, 2020
OnePlus X Bricked Stuck on Fastboot

OnePlus*X*Unbrick Tool Mini... Only 47 MB is here :-
LINK
It doesn't wipe data either... :)

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Please someone help me! I have spent about 8 hours trying to fix this bricked OPX and I can't find help anywhere on how to use these tools.
I will explain my situation as briefly as possible if someone is able to help me:
I flashed 2.1.3 ROM after unlocking boot loader, but I think I bricked it even though I thought I selected allow OEM unlocking.
OPX is now only allowing me to switch between the Fastboot screen and the OP logo.
My PC recognises the phone. I tried "fastboot devices" and it is recognised. I looked at device manager and theres nothing that says "Qualcomm".
I tried "fastboot oem device-info" and it says false for bootloader and tampering.

Please I need help ASAP, I am really one of the dumbest people I know and useless.
If someone could guide me on what to do, I will be so so grateful.

Kéno40

Nov 1, 2010
Please someone help me! I have spent about 8 hours trying to fix this bricked OPX and I can't find help anywhere on how to use these tools.
I will explain my situation as briefly as possible if someone is able to help me:
I flashed 2.1.3 ROM after unlocking boot loader, but I think I bricked it even though I thought I selected allow OEM unlocking.
OPX is now only allowing me to switch between the Fastboot screen and the OP logo.
My PC recognises the phone. I tried "fastboot devices" and it is recognised. I looked at device manager and theres nothing that says "Qualcomm".
I tried "fastboot oem device-info" and it says false for bootloader and tampering.

Please I need help ASAP, I am really one of the dumbest people I know and useless.
If someone could guide me on what to do, I will be so so grateful.
Did you sorted it out?

You had to re run the unlock command. No?

1poweruser1

Jul 21, 2020
thanks worked great

i booted op x in edl by pressing vol+ when phone was powered off and connect cable to pc

then i installed 9008 driver with windows update

then ran msm in upgrade mode and it ran smooth. op x booted to oos 2.2.3 after some mins

then i downloaded 3.1.4 full ota zip and put it in internal storage

rebooted to recovery (vol-) and pressed on "install from local file" and phone booted on 3.1.4 after some mins

Kir3

Aug 5, 2012
🇲🇰
OnePlus 6
Hi, I decided to play aroud with my onyx a bit but when I tried to start it, it imidietly shut down. I plugged it in and it kept restarting over and over while plugged it. I tried this unbrick method which was succesfull (download complete in msm tool) but same thing happened. Sometime I can manage to get it in fastboot mode, but 99% of the time it just kept bootlooping while in OP logo and eventually hitting the 'low battery' icon but keep doing the same.
My question is, is my OnePlus X bricked? I see similar posts here that happened to other people and if any have managed to fix it?

Zat.o.ichi

Feb 24, 2016
Hi, I decided to play aroud with my onyx a bit but when I tried to start it, it imidietly shut down. I plugged it in and it kept restarting over and over while plugged it. I tried this unbrick method which was succesfull (download complete in msm tool) but same thing happened. Sometime I can manage to get it in fastboot mode, but 99% of the time it just kept bootlooping while in OP logo and eventually hitting the 'low battery' icon but keep doing the same.
My question is, is my OnePlus X bricked? I see similar posts here that happened to other people and if any have managed to fix it?
There is no problem on my phone with the mega unbrick files under this title.

ze7zez

Recognized Contributor
Device condition.
- Bootloader is locked
- The device reports to the PC in fastboot mode.
Code:
C:\adb>c:\adb\fastboot oem device-info
(bootloader)    Device tampered: true
(bootloader)    Device unlocked: false
(bootloader)    Charger screen enabled: false
(bootloader)    Display panel:
(bootloader)    console_enabled: 0
(bootloader)    exec_console_unconsole: 0
OKAY [  0.011s]
finished. total time: 0.011s

C:\adb>c:\adb\fastboot oem unlock
FAILED (remote: oem unlock is disabled)
finished. total time: 0.006s

Device symptoms:
- After turning on the power button or usb cable with power, there is a constant reboot with the OnePlus screen, up to the loss of power in the battery if turning on without a power cable.
- Fastboot Mode screen appears after turning on (Vol+ and Power), but the power LED is not lit when the cable is connected to the PC.
- In EDL mode, you can't flash recovery.img or anything else due to lack of communication with flash memory
Code:
FirehoseCheckRSP Failed, Errno: 258

I have tried all methods of getting communication through EDL (changing USB 2.0/3.0 ports, PC devices, USB cables).
I conclude that I am dealing with a bricked up brick.

Attachments

• 01 Com Device Download Progress.jpg
    01 Com Device Download Progress.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 02 FirehoseCheckRSP Failed, Errno 258.jpg
    02 FirehoseCheckRSP Failed, Errno 258.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 3

Zat.o.ichi

Feb 24, 2016
You can recover the phone according to the instructions in the first post. Tried and approved. This is how my phone came back to life.

Your problem may be windows incompatibility. It may not be a problem on Windows 7.

Kir3

Aug 5, 2012
🇲🇰
OnePlus 6
Device condition.
- Bootloader is locked
- The device reports to the PC in fastboot mode.
Code:
C:\adb>c:\adb\fastboot oem device-info
(bootloader)    Device tampered: true
(bootloader)    Device unlocked: false
(bootloader)    Charger screen enabled: false
(bootloader)    Display panel:
(bootloader)    console_enabled: 0
(bootloader)    exec_console_unconsole: 0
OKAY [  0.011s]
finished. total time: 0.011s

C:\adb>c:\adb\fastboot oem unlock
FAILED (remote: oem unlock is disabled)
finished. total time: 0.006s

Device symptoms:
- After turning on the power button or usb cable with power, there is a constant reboot with the OnePlus screen, up to the loss of power in the battery if turning on without a power cable.
- Fastboot Mode screen appears after turning on (Vol+ and Power), but the power LED is not lit when the cable is connected to the PC.
- In EDL mode, you can't flash recovery.img or anything else due to lack of communication with flash memory
Code:
FirehoseCheckRSP Failed, Errno: 258

I have tried all methods of getting communication through EDL (changing USB 2.0/3.0 ports, PC devices, USB cables).
I conclude that I am dealing with a bricked up brick.
I have the same issues except I successfully flashed OxygenOS in EDL mode, but the phone still reboots constantly

ze7zez

Recognized Contributor
I have the same issues except I successfully flashed OxygenOS in EDL mode, but the phone still reboots constantly
With the help of @SebiderSushi I uploaded the required files using edl for linux and now I know for sure that my onyx is a hard brick.
I'll try again sometime to remove the metal plates covering the motherboard chipsets and wash with isopropyl alcohol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A Big Thanks to @Synthio for providing me these files.Without his help,this guide wouldn't have been possible at all. :)

Hi Peeps !!

A hard bricked OPX has nothing but a black screen (nothing ever comes on the screen, not even a boot logo ), it might vibrate when a power button is pressed and held for 20 seconds, has no Recovery partition, no adb mode, and no fastboot partition. The device might be detected in Linux and you might be able to even send commands to it. In Windows, the bricked OPX should be detected as QUALCOMM-HS USB Diagnostics xxxx. You might have a bricked OPX as a result of flashing a kernel meant for a different device (or a ROM meant for another device that included a kernel), tinkering with the boot logo or bootloader, or your attempt of unlocking the bootloader resulted in corrupting the boot partition.

The solution for OPX hardbrick is similar to OPO and OP2 - you just need a Qualcomm driver and a recover package.

So,here we go !!

Step 1 :- DOWNLOADS :-
    1.) Drivers :- https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347799753 (Extract these files to a folder on desktop.)
    2.) Recovery Tool :- https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3gqVK2lYqBiY1M2NjRjVllvYXM&usp=sharing (Download all files inside this folder and put them in a folder on desktop.)
    Step 2 :- If you are using Windows other than Windows XP,turn off Driver Signature Enforcement.To do so,follow this guide :- http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how...8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/
    Step 3 :- Press the power button for 40 seconds to turn off the phone.
    Step 4 :- Press only volume up button for 10 sec and while keeping it pressed,connect OPX to PC.Hold volume up until your PC finds a new hardware .
    Step 5 :- Go to device manager in your PC, find the new "QUALCOMM-HS USB Diagnostics xxxx" device or something like this (It must be Unknown Devices as QHUSB_BULK or under COMs and Ports as Qualcomm xxxx). Update its driver in property page using the Qualcomm driver provided (for 32bit windows, select x86 folder; for 64bit windows, select x64 folder).
    Step 6 :- After installing the drivers,"Run As Administrator" the MSMDownloadToolV2.0 in the recovery tools folder.
    Step 7 :- Click start at top left corner and wait for it to finish (Download Complete will come)
    Step 8 :- Disconnect phone from PC and boot into system.

Now you can again do anything you wish to (unlock bootloader,etc).To unlock bootloader,go to developer options and tick "Enable OEM Unlock" first.

When you will need this guide ? :-
    1.) If your phone is totally black (no racism)
    2.) When you have locked the bootloader by mistake . (This happens when you flash a rom without having oem unlocking enabled.)

PS:- This method will wipe all data and restore your phone to OxygenOS and English Bootloader.

Thanks. :)

OnePlus*X*Unbrick Tool Mini... Only 47 MB is here :-
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982087019810
    It doesn't wipe data either... :)

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
    @Naman Bhalla & others

As the Google Drive link on the OP is dead, here is the AFH mirror of the original package.
    Thank you for the quick reply.
    Yep, alright, buddy :).

I did steps 1 and 2 yes.
    It what win version? Probably, it is not bad to try procedure completely on other pc, or virtual machine with other win version, to check, that is no host configuration problem, but phone state. You have a lil more complex problem, that in Guide, because you can not switch phone to Power off state. So it is need to move more carefully and think twice.

But I feel like step 3 (turning off phone) is failing.
    Agree. That is the problem, needs to solve.

I will try to let it discharge.
    Unfortunately, I have no exact information, in what state phone will try to go, after achieving critical charge level, from something close to circle loop state. But, if you does not find solve - phone will discharge in any case, at our lifetime. Fortunately, we not use nuclear batteries yet. So, you can try connect something light to phone USB - probably, it could accelerate discharge, if current state let give energy to outside. You can set inline some USB mini voltage current tester to check discharging, also. Anyway, while discharging, try to power off phone manually.

You think the phone will automatically turn on if I connect it to pc after discharging?
    That's the question. It depends :) the real state after discharging. Probably, state after discharging, can let switch to Power off state. I think, you need real Power off state finally.
    Thanks

Hello

Thank you for your post
    I did all what's explained and when I run MSMDownloadToolV2.0 and click start it says "Waiting for device" and nothing happen!
    I've been waiting more than 30 mints and nothing actually happen ..
    Hope you help me ..

Thanks!​