[GUIDE] [MetroPCS] LG Optimus L9 Unlocking Bootloader + CyanogenMod 11 SIMPLIFIED

Search This thread
C

CygnusBlack

Bumping because I updated the guide again, and I am uploading the new zip package with the extra drivers for the people that couldn't get it to be recognized on their OS.

AlbinoCookie

Jan 19, 2013
Atlanta
Very nice tutorial, very detailed and explained. I just tried it out yesterday, and got a normal reboot with a T-Mobile p769 2013.04, I had data enabled with for the most part a consistent one bar, although I feel as if the signal plays a huge part in it not working because I live at the bottom of a hill, and don't get great service. Maybe soon I'll flash the radio and hangout at Wendy's or something while I wait.

C

CygnusBlack

Very nice tutorial, very detailed and explained. I just tried it out yesterday, and got a normal reboot with a T-Mobile p769 2013.04, I had data enabled with for the most part a consistent one bar, although I feel as if the signal plays a huge part in it not working because I live at the bottom of a hill, and don't get great service. Maybe soon I'll flash the radio and hangout at Wendy's or something while I wait.

Are you all remembering to install busybox while on the Europe Open ROM? Because you need both root + busybox installed in order for the reboot oem-unlock command to work. Busybox gets installed when you root the Europe Open ROM with the Lelus root tool.

AlbinoCookie

Jan 19, 2013
Atlanta
Are you all remembering to install busybox while on the Europe Open ROM? Because you need both root + busybox installed in order for the reboot oem-unlock command to work. Busybox gets installed when you root the Europe Open ROM with the Lelus root tool.

Yep, I had flashing lights after the command was given on the lg logo screen. I'm still trying a lot, I'm on attempt number 14 I think now heh.
Also maybe if I used a different sim it could change something?

Out of curiosity, how many attempts did it take you? I've seen your rage thread, so maybe i'm not the only one with so many attempts.

Last edited:
C

CygnusBlack

Yep, I had flashing lights after the command was given on the lg logo screen. I'm still trying a lot, I'm on attempt number 14 I think now heh.

Out of curiosity, how many attempts did it take you? I've seen your rage thread, so maybe i'm not the only one with so many attempts.

Once I did all of the steps in the right order it only took 1 try.

C

CygnusBlack

I just read in another topic by lezeery that he got his P769 unlocked with a special cable. He made a new guide for it so if mine didn't work for you maybe his will. His method apparently worked on an encrypted bootloader (possibly?).

leereyzhe

May 26, 2013

Yeah your phone must have an encrypted bootloader. The only solution is to flash the Euro ROM with a 910k cable (see my guide).

Once I flashed with 910k cable, it took only one attempt to unlock.

Sent from my LG-P769 using XDA Free mobile app

AlbinoCookie

Jan 19, 2013
Atlanta
Yeah your phone must have an encrypted bootloader. The only solution is to flash the Euro ROM with a 910k cable (see my guide).

Once I flashed with 910k cable, it took only one attempt to unlock.

Sent from my LG-P769 using XDA Free mobile app

This is what I feared, I bought the cable yesterday, i'll tell you guys the results when it comes in.

cignaBLK

Jan 26, 2015
Once carrier unlocked you mentioned you can go onto a verizon network, true ?

Well I just received the 4g LTE SIM activation kit , I have (service provider) unlocked my phone and I am NOT able to get on their network when I put in the SIM card. I think I should also mention that I still do have an active account with metro pcs, is that a conflict given that my IMEI is registered with metro pcs ?

I imagine that I do not have to necessarily unlock the bootloader and install CyanogenMod in order to get on theit network.

What I have to mess with the frequency or APN settings?
Please Help :confused:

By the way I appreciate the great work is done on this thread :good:

mathiraj

Apr 24, 2009
Nexus 7 (2013)
Moto E6
LGMS769

i have a metro PCS LGMS769. I've rooted it. The date beneath the battery shows "11/2013"

That proabably means this phone has encrypted bootloader, right? Is it still the case that this phone's bootloader can not be unlocked? or has any one found a way?

nu2moding

Aug 17, 2011
guess what I learned...

i have the metro lgms769. it was manufactured on 10/13
encrypted bootloader had me stuck until I found the 910k cable
thread. i somehow managed to damage the mobo on my win7 ultimate x86 laptop so all I had was a tw801 tablet win 8.1 bing bs.
didn't work out on the tablet at first, but then i tried on the new Windows 10 update

it worked. now I have the inverted lg and a backwards screen each time I boot. the t/s fix works after you turn the screen off then on, but now I'm having a hard time finding out what's compatible with the least amount of bugs.

D

Deleted member 5976184

Do you know how to find the manufacturing date? I tried the Hidden Menu, but I don't know where to go.

-thedroidman

P.S: Does this work with V21D - Wind Mobile? Since that's my version.

nu2moding

Aug 17, 2011
Do you know how to find the manufacturing date?

1. power down the phone
2. turn it over.
3. take off back cover
4. remove battery
5. look UNDER the battery - not on the battery itself.
6. read the label with writing on it; top to bottom, left to right.
7. figure out what a production date looks like by using context clues, common sense, and that thing between your ears...

i can't help you with #7...

gorcan2001

Oct 21, 2015
Broken link to a .zip file which is hosted on Mega

I need to download a .zip file which is hosted on Mega ( formerly MegaUpload ) Link from guide , But I think it is broken.
from Guide'
The .zip file is a package and this package has everything that you will need to complete this guide.
Start now by downloading this package at Mega link:

Can someone post the link to download the complete package.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do you know how to find the manufacturing date?

1. power down the phone
    2. turn it over.
    3. take off back cover
    4. remove battery
    5. look UNDER the battery - not on the battery itself.
    6. read the label with writing on it; top to bottom, left to right.
    7. figure out what a production date looks like by using context clues, common sense, and that thing between your ears...

i can't help you with #7...
    Broken link to a .zip file which is hosted on Mega

I need to download a .zip file which is hosted on Mega ( formerly MegaUpload ) Link from guide , But I think it is broken.
    from Guide'
    The .zip file is a package and this package has everything that you will need to complete this guide.
    Start now by downloading this package at Mega link:

Can someone post the link to download the complete package.