[Guide]Mi 10 / 10 Pro Root Guide for MIUI Stable

Search This thread

mainstreamer

Jul 20, 2010
Can anyone help please?
1. I flashed EU MIUI 12 on a china Mi 10 Pro, should I use the boot.img from that rom?
2. I copied the boot.img file (from MIUI12 EU) to downloads. Magisk doesn't see it, it sees other files there though.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Update, I rooted my Mi 10 Pro without this exact method.
My device is a China Mi 10 Pro 8/256.
1. I couldn't install the EU ROM from TWRP, so I installed the Chinese TWRP specifically for the Mi 10 Pro.
2. Inside that version of TWRP, there is a button to root the device. So I did and then flashing the EU ROM succeeded.
3. I installed Magisk 7.5.1 APK , it seems I'm not rooted. Tried root checker, no go too.
4. Now I wanted to root, so I tried this method , but for some reason Magisk (7.5.1) couldn't see my boot.img file.
5. I uninstalled Magisk (7.5.1)
6. I flashed Magisk ver 20.4 from TWRP. Cool, but couldn't see it.
7. I installed the Magisk 7.5.1 APK , and now it appears I'm rooted.
8. Tried root checker, Magisk popped and I granted acceess, root is OK!

I have the exact same model, can you tell me the links to download? I do have to wait 168 hours for unlocking pff

galr

Jun 18, 2014
Confused.. If I'm rooting Mi 10 Pro that runs on EU MIUI 12 ROM, I should extract the boot file from the EU rom or the Official China ROM?
And if the phone is China version, but I'm rooting while Glbal Official MIUI 11 ROM is installed, do I extract the boot file from the Global or the china ROM?

Maybe to ask it clearer.. Does the boot file has to come from the currently installed ROM?

Thorezz

Apr 12, 2016
Hi all,

i'm unable to root the MI 10 on MIUI 12 (the latest beta xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10_20.8.7_v12-11.zip)
LR TWRP is installed so i've tried to install the magisk 20.4 and all goes well but when in the system there is no magisk manager (and no root permission because "su" is missing)
then i've installed manually the latest apk 7.5.1 but when i open the app it say that magisk is not installed
other thing that i've tried
- installed the root from the TWRP "advanced" (20.3) but nothing
- extracted the boot.img from the xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10_20.8.7_v12-11.zip and patched with the app, then flashed the magisk_patched.img from fastboot but nothing

why this time all the way to root don't work ?
Do you have some idea ?

sceryavuz

Apr 10, 2014
Ankara
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Hi all,

i'm unable to root the MI 10 on MIUI 12 (the latest beta xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10_20.8.7_v12-11.zip)
LR TWRP is installed so i've tried to install the magisk 20.4 and all goes well but when in the system there is no magisk manager (and no root permission because "su" is missing)
then i've installed manually the latest apk 7.5.1 but when i open the app it say that magisk is not installed
- extracted the boot.img from the xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10_20.8.7_v12-11.zip and patched with the app, then flashed the magisk_patched.img from fastboot but nothing

Do you have some idea ?

Android 11 is Beta for all devices : https://developer.android.com/android11

Magisk does not work with Android 11.

Magisk Canary works with Android 11 on Pixels, you can try.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/topjohnwu/magisk_files/canary/app-debug.apk

Last edited:
Reactions: Thorezz

mali301262

Apr 26, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 5
Xiaomi Mi 6
Hi all,

Do you have some idea ?

Magisk / Canary don't work with MIUI12 based on Android 11 yet. There ist a problem to create the correct ramdisk.
https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/issues/2994

Reactions: Thorezz

Thorezz

Apr 12, 2016
Android 11 is Beta for all devices : https://developer.android.com/android11

Magisk does not work with Android 11.

Magisk Canary works with Android 11 on Pixels, you can try.

Thank you but appear that someone already tried without success (see the post after your)

this link don't work i can search the correct link myself but @mali301262 say that don't work ...

Reactions: mali301262

mali301262

Apr 26, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 5
Xiaomi Mi 6

j77moduss

Jul 5, 2010
FUBAR - Stuck in Fastboot

Hello,

I was able to unlock the boot loader and patch the boot.img file in Magisk to magiski_patched.img.

Oddly enough the size of the original boot.img is 134 mg and the magiski_patched.img is only 16megs!!!

When I flashed the magiski_patched.img (process went ok) it always reboots into Fastboot!!.

So I am stuck in fastboot!!..

Help me please, what shall I do?

Thanks

Thorezz

Apr 12, 2016
It's not getting harder. It's still very easy like it has been for many years in the past

You are able to root the MI10 with the MIUI 12 based on Android 11 and have magisk working ?
I've seen that now it's exit from the beta stage and is stable but i'm on MIUI 12 on Android 10 because with the version based on Android 11 i'm unable to have magisk working ... i'm also following the thread of magisk developper on github and is still open but if you have the solution please post here and we will all be grateful to you :D

Mackay53

Apr 1, 2011
Edinburgh
OPPO Find X5 Pro
You are able to root the MI10 with the MIUI 12 based on Android 11 and have magisk working ?
I've seen that now it's exit from the beta stage and is stable but i'm on MIUI 12 on Android 10 because with the version based on Android 11 i'm unable to have magisk working ... i'm also following the thread of magisk developper on github and is still open but if you have the solution please post here and we will all be grateful to you :D

Yes you just need to install the Canary version. Normal version won't work

Top Liked Posts