• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE][MIDO] Enable volte video calling on custom ROMs

Search This thread
The Development of Redmi Note 4 (Snapdragon varient) is on fire. Lots of roms are available. But there is a one Bug in all custom roms and that is video calling on Jio volte.

What is Problem?
The problem is when you video call on volte, you can see the other person but the other person can't see you.

What is noticed?
I noticed that enabling camera2 API is broking VoLTE Video call

Fix:
TO fix the video call problem edit the build.prop and change line persist.camera.HAL3.enabled from 1 to 0.

Before
Code:
persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1

After
Code:
persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=0

This will bring back volte to custom roms.

NOTE: You can't use Manual Camera after this modification because is will disable Camera2 API

Credits:
Me (ofcourse :p)
@invincible authority for testing

Press Thanks button if I helped you

Last edited:

Cezar`

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 20, 2010
Czech Republic
The Development of Redmi Note 4 (Snapdragon varient) is on fire. Lots of roms are available. But there is a one Bug in all custom roms and that is video calling on Jio volte.

What is Problem?
The problem is when you video call on volte, you can see the other person but the other person can't see you.

What is noticed?

Fix:
TO fix the video call problem edit the build.prop and change line persist.camera.HAL3.enabled from 1 to 0.

Before
Code:

After
Code:

NOTE: You can't use Manual Camera after this modification because is will disable Camera2 API

Credits:

So there seems to be conflicting opinions regarding this. Some rom developers decided to use HAL3.enabled=1 because HAL3.enabled=0 would disable VoLTE.
Can you confirm that making this change to your build.prop really enabled VoLTE?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What is Problem?

What is noticed?

Fix:

Before
    Code:

After
    Code:

Credits:

Will try for sure! Till then *Reserved*