Guide: MIUI Stock Dialer And SMS app for Global RN8/ RN8 pro

Search This thread

blekr

Dec 2, 2013
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Seriously I don't like Google Dialer and Message. That's why I planned to move Indian rom

I think you are getting confused about the ROM you should choose. The ROM you need is the ROM of Indonesia, with it you will have the application of messages and calls, you will recover the option of Call recording and you will not lose any features.

On the other hand, the Redmi note 8 Pro of India does not have NFC, that is why if you install the ROM of India on a Global device, you will lose the NFC.

Again, do not confuse India with Indonesia, they are 2 different countries.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

---------

Is Brazilian Portuguese available on Indian ROM?

Read the previous message Bro. I think you are also confusing the ROM you should choose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crescendo Xenomorph

blekr

Dec 2, 2013
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I'm not confused. The original post reffer to Indian or Indonesian. Two different countries, but maybe same ROM. ;)

I confirm that it is not the same ROM. That's why I invited you to read the previous comment. The Redmi Note 8 Pro from India does not have NFC, if you decide to install the ROM of that region you will not have the NFC available in the system settings. You will not have this limitation if you decide to install the Indonesian ROM, since the device comes with the same hardware as the Global version.

I responded again to the comment where you asked me about the language why I read wrong, my answer that the ROM was multilingual was for the ROM of Indonesia. Although I'm sure the ROM Indian is also multilingual, but with the absence of the NFC.

romulocarlos

Oct 10, 2011
Belo Horizonte
I confirm that it is not the same ROM. That's why I invited you to read the previous comment. The Redmi Note 8 Pro from India does not have NFC, if you decide to install the ROM of that region you will not have the NFC available in the system settings. You will not have this limitation if you decide to install the Indonesian ROM, since the device comes with the same hardware as the Global version.

I responded again to the comment where you asked me about the language why I read wrong, my answer that the ROM was multilingual was for the ROM of Indonesia. Although I'm sure the ROM Indian is also multilingual, but with the absence of the NFC.

Now I understand what you talking about. But there is no problem. My device isn't pro version, is the "pure" note 8. Is another guy with the pro, not me. Thank you.

romulocarlos

Oct 10, 2011
Belo Horizonte
Indonesian and Indian ROM are 11.0.2, and Global ROM is 11.0.4 (wich is my current version). Is there any problem to downgrade?

Did you guys noticied any or same bugs as Global ROM?

raptorddd

Jun 13, 2013
culiacan
am glad am not the only one thinking the same. i rathe use stock miui apps. strange to see other dialer and mms app.

Danchibald

Dec 10, 2006
Zagreb
Motorola Edge 20
From Mi 9T/9T Pro, devices with EU, RU and MI versions of ROM will have Google dialer and SMS. And they will not change that.
Google is working on call recording and soon will be released phone application (dialer) with that option.

fratellos

Aug 8, 2012
Hi ! I need your help, please !
I tried to flash my Redmi Note 8 (unlocked !) with Indonesian firmware .
I launch MiFlash without issue (as administrator), but after connecting the phone, when I select "refresh" button I have this message. On "continue" do nothing, only valid option is "quit".
Any advice, please ?!
Thanks in advance !

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 324

jdario

Feb 11, 2020

So, I have a Global version, if I install indonesian version I will keep the NFC and gain MIUI Dealer, MSG, and contact app?

the_weird_aquarian

Nov 13, 2016
So, I have a Global version, if I install indonesian version I will keep the NFC and gain MIUI Dealer, MSG, and contact app?
Redmi note 8T (with NFC) is available only in russia,europe and global.... Redmi note 8(without NFC) is available in india,indonesia,russia,europe,china,global.....

indonesia or india version means it's note 8 without NFC.....DO NOT flash redmi note 8 rom to note 8t or vice versa or your device will be bricked...

Reactions: jdario

jdario

Feb 11, 2020
Redmi note 8T (with NFC) is available only in russia,europe and global.... Redmi note 8(without NFC) is available in india,indonesia,russia,europe,china,global.....

indonesia or india version means it's note 8 without NFC.....DO NOT flash redmi note 8 rom to note 8t or vice versa or your device will be bricked...
Hi, I have a note 8 pro, sorry for not said it before

fratellos

Aug 8, 2012
Note 8 Pro have Mediatek processor ; Note 8 have Snapdragon .... They are DIFFERENT ! Who wants bricks ?!?

I also switched from global to Indonesia ! Thanks !
Although the installation ended in error, the phone restarted on its own and works fine. I upgraded OTA on 11.0.2. Everything works great.
Dark-mode for contacts and messages is not available (individually) , but that is not a must ....

Last edited:

hasanghanaei2

Dec 21, 2016
Hi i flashed Indonesia rom and i think i have battery drain issue
In 5 hours over night with no open apps 12% battery used
Is it normal or I'm very delicate?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Redmi Note 8 Global wow what a phone and what a pathetic dialer (google) and sms(google) app. I am saying this because I had Redmi note 7 with stock dilaer and sms app. What are you missing with google dialer and sms app
    1. no theming
    2. no sms seperate notification sound
    3. No call recording
    4. no blocking rules for incoming sms etc

You can switch to official Indonesia or Indian ROM to have MIUI Stock apps.

1. Download only fastboot version (not recovery )
    ROM Redmi Note 8: MIUI 11 + MIUI 10 Global Stable India, Indonesia & China Stable

2. Unlock Bootloader (1 week wait) and flashing
    https://c.mi.com/thread-1857937-1-0.html

Note1
    If you want to change the ROM from one region to another (China/Indonesia/Global/Russia) installed on your phone then, 1st, Unlock Bootloader and then use Method 2: Fastboot Update to flash your phone. (Detailed Guide "Detailed Guide to Unlock Bootloader and Flash MIUI Stable/Beta ROM")

Note 2
    DO NOT RE-Lock the Bootloader if you change from China ROM to Global ROM in China phone. Re-Locking will BRICK your phone. Select only "Clean All" option before flashing.

On Locking Bootloader, you MUST visit: On which ROM and Device you CAN and CAN'T Lock Bootloader!

Just follow instructions its quite easy. I have flashed two redmi note 8 global to redmi note 8 indian for one I kept the bootloader open and for other i relocked the bootloader.

Dont hesitate to ask questions if confused ;)
    Thank you so much, I just locked my bootloader without any problem, you are a great person

I'm glad I helped you brother. regards
    My Redmi Note 8 Pro is the Global Version, can I block the bootloader without brick risk after flashing the Indonesian ROM?

According to this, yes, you can. But do at your own risk.

---------

Is Brazilian Portuguese available on Indian ROM?
    I'm talking about local seller warranty

I understood what you meant.

As I sayed, unlocking bootloader envolves a online procedure, and so maybe Xiaomi will know you have unlocked the bootloader. If they have track of serial/IMEI with unlocked bootloader, you local seller can access this list and discover you have unlocked.

But, I'm SUPPOSING they have... Personally, I won't unlock phone on warranty period. Maybe someone else can tell you if I'm right.

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

These links you provided have a recovery ROM, wich we can flash through stock recovery. Have you tried to flash these ROMs from phone?

I mean the method of tapping MIUI logo on "About phone" settings 11 times, and then open the new menu at right top corner.
    Guys, you don't need to unlock the bootloader to change regions. Use xiaomitool v2 and pick another region from there. I changed my Poco X3 NFC from TR to MI and it's fine.

note: Chinese variant is a different story. You need to unlock and stay that way for it to work.