[Guide][Mod] Custom Text In Status Bar

Bewildered Wolf

Recognized Contributor
Sep 25, 2012
NEW DELHI
www.youtube.com
Hey folks.

This is a small guide on "HOW TO ADD CUSTOM TEXT IN STATUS BAR" by editing your SystemUI.
I know some of you may know this but many users don't know about this and they are like asking about "HOW TO ADD CUSTOM TEXT IN STATUS BAR" again and again. So, people go for Xposed Modules. But they are battery drainers and not so compatible.

P.S.: If this is too difficult for you then post your systemui with your "text" below and I will do it for you when I'll get time. :D

Screenshot by @kaiiori

REQUIREMENTS:
  • Apktool
  • SystemUI (system/priv-app/SystemUI)
  • Patience

STEPS TO FOLLOW:
  • Decompile SystemUI using APKTool
  • Navigate to systemui/res/layout/status_bar.xml
  • Add this Line. (Screenshot Attached)
    Code:
    <TextView android:textSize="14.0dip" android:textColor="#ffffffff" android:gravity="left|center" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:text="@string/hello" android:singleLine="true" />

android:textSize="14.0dip" -- Change 14.0 to whatever size you want.
    android:textColor="#ffffffff" -- Change #ffffffff to whatever color you want.
  • Navigate to res/values/string
  • Add this Line at the end. (Screenshot Attached)
    Code:
    <string name="hello">Logan</string>

Change "Logan" to whatever text you want.
  • Recompile SystemUI and Replace in System.
  • Enjoy

Press the thanks button if this guide was helpful for you.

Last edited:

geraldalcos

Aug 8, 2016
Cavite
Hi. I know you do it in a Sony device? But could you help me do it on my Samsung device as well? Really appreciate your help. I tried to download and do the above but no luck.. haha

Hafyzy

Nov 23, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
just enter your text at android:text="enteryourtexthere" on status_bar.xml . dont need go to string section . many work need to do . just at status_bar.xml . easy . btw nice tutorial ...

Last edited: