[GUIDE] Moto G4 Plus HardBrick SOLVED - ULTIMATE UNBRICKING GUIDE

Is your device is back to life using this method?

• Yes

Votes: 118 67.4%
  • No

Votes: 57 32.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

echo92

Jan 1, 2017
Plymouth
My phone oem is locked and imei number is 000000000000000. So please upload the factory files of gtp and boot loader as they donot require oem unlocked
Thank you a lot in advance

1) Please do not quote the entire opening post - it clutters up your post.
2)If you're looking for the September 2017 GPT and bootloader, please look in this post here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=74459614&postcount=173 As your device bootloader is locked, you can only flash the same bootloader/GPT version or newer patch levels.
3)Why is your IMEI 0000, is that after using the blankflash or did you attempt to flash other firmware?

mkms2

Oct 31, 2017
Not sure how IMEI is 000000

I am not sure how my device imei has got 00000. While trying to root the phone I softbricked the phone and later I install the stock ROM for my phone ( Android 6.0.1). After that I received an OTA update for 7.0.1 where the device got hardbricked. Later I flashed the blank flash file. Now I am unable to flash an other files after that. Will try the latest file in the above given link

mkms2

Oct 31, 2017
My device is back with all data

Thanks a ton bro, My anthene is back to life and I also have all the data as I didnot flash the latest ROM the update I had downloded while updating was noguat 7.0 and it has been installed sucessfully now.

Once again thanks a ton

echo92

Jan 1, 2017
Plymouth
Thanks a ton bro, My anthene is back to life and I also have all the data as I didnot flash the latest ROM the update I had downloded while updating was noguat 7.0 and it has been installed sucessfully now.

Once again thanks a ton

Good to hear you got your device working. I would strongly suggest to flash the latest stock ROM, which might be NPJS25.93-14-10 depending on your region/device, to reduce the chances of a further hard brick should you take OTA updates. By flashing the latest stock ROM, you should be able to bring your device firmware all up to the same patch level. You could flash the stock ROM without using 'fastboot erase userdata' to save your data.

At any rate, you will want to delete the stock Marshmallow or any stock Nougat ROMs you still have older than June 2017/Sept 2017 patch level, as you found out flashing them onto a device running newer stock Nougat firmware and then attempting to apply OTA updates will cause another hard brick. You were lucky in that the blankflash worked, however Motorola may update the bootloader in future which prevents the blankflash from working, until we get another leak (if we get leaks). Motorola does not officially release blankflashes - they'd require you to replace the motherboard which is about 70-80% of the device cost.

Reactions: mkms2

echo92

Jan 1, 2017
Plymouth
Sure thanks for the update. Is September the latest ROM??? And even the IMEI numbers are back

As of writing, September 2017 should be the latest patch level for Nougat stock ROMs. If you're in India, Brazil, EU/UK and other territories NPJS25.93-14-10 is the latest build for our devices. You can find it here too: https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g4-plus/how-to/stock-rom-npjs25-93-14-4-march-1-t3608138

The GPT/bootloader you flashed were from the Sept 2017 NPJS25.93-14-10 stock ROM, hence why I'm advocating flashing the firmware to match. Else, if your system and bootloader are not of the same patch level, and your bootloader is newer than your stock system, applying OTA updates may hard brick you again. OTA updates appear to only check if your system is unmodified and the correct build to patch, and OTA updates appear to assume your bootloader is at the same patch level. Motorola appears to really not like you downgrading your device.

Reactions: mkms2

mkms2

Oct 31, 2017
Yep September is the last.Just flashed with September patches and now it says software is upto date in settings>phones>updates

Thanks once again

nazdravanu82

Sep 30, 2013
MOTO G4 qualcom HS-USB QDloader 9008

My phone oem is locked and imei number is 000000000000000. So please upload the factory files of gtp and boot loader as they donot require oem unlocked
Thank you a lot in advance

Hello
Its any solution for XT 1622,the same problem??
qualcom HS-USB QDloader 9008

nykola5

Jun 24, 2015
I get the following error when trying to revive:

Motorola qboot utility version 3.40
[ 0.000] Opening device: \\.\COM4
[ 0.002] Detecting device
[ 4.008] ERROR: sahara_greet_device()->change_mode()->do_hello()->IO error
[ 4.008] Check qboot_log.txt for more details
[ 4.009] Total time: 4.010s
FAILED: qb_flash_singleimage()->sahara_greet_device()->change_mode()->do_hello()->IO error

C:\Users\tss11\Downloads\blankflash>pause
Presione una tecla para continuar . . .

The phone was updating me and was about to restart when it was completely turned off, wait a few seconds to see if it started, then notice that it did not turn on, press the power button with less volume for 30 to 2 minutes and it did not turn on, I let it rest for a while and I put it to load and nothing, then I saw myself in this post with the hopes of reviving it and having to flash the firmware and it is ok but what happens is what I say above, what solution do you give me? I already have the motorola drivers installed (I uninstalled them and reinstalled them) and I also downloaded the file again and continues like this

Aug 17, 2014
mumbai
Thanks a Ton

Thanks a ton for providing this method to unbrick the device.
After this is done can i install OTA official updates.. will it cause any more problems and also how can i relock my bootloader?

Thanks!!

Outfield303

Nov 6, 2016
Thanks a ton for providing this method to unbrick the device.
After this is done can i install OTA official updates.. will it cause any more problems and also how can i relock my bootloader?

Thanks!!

Yes you can take OTA updates as long as you are on Latest Security patch and GPT+Bootloader are same. You can also re-lock the bootloader but there is no need to do that, you can take official updates without it

aditya.addi

Nov 29, 2015
ranchi
It can't be build. It must be leaked from motorola since it's not public. Someone leaked it for g4, it's not build from a source like a rom.

Hey Strongst! Thanks for replying.
One more doubt....when i open the main file of blank-flash that is known as singleimage.bin it's contains mainly 5-6 ( most of the single-image.bin) like
1. aboot.img
2. DDR.bin
3. rpm.img
4. sbl1.img
5. tz.img

(I attached a pics for support)
and above files we have managed from dump rom of working device.
Could you please explain it for us?
Your reply will be really appreciating to us
Thanks!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-12-01-18-14-18-285_ru.zdevs.zarchiver.png
    Screenshot_2017-12-01-18-14-18-285_ru.zdevs.zarchiver.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 70

strongst

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sep 18, 2007
prolific location
prolific-page.com
One more doubt....when i open the main file of blank-flash that is known as singleimage.bin it's contains mainly 5-6 ( most of the single-image.bin) like
1. aboot.img
2. DDR.bin
3. rpm.img
4. sbl1.img
5. tz.img

Thanks!!
I'm not sure but these are should be partition dumps if I'm not wrong :rolleyes:

echo92

Jan 1, 2017
Plymouth
1. aboot.img
2. DDR.bin
3. rpm.img
4. sbl1.img
5. tz.img

Thanks!!

Those files are bootloader images if I recall, packaged into a singleimage.bin along with other files such as the programmer.mbn. As I understand it, the programmer.mbn is what gets sent to a device after the blankflash communicates with your device, to check whether the blankflash meets or exceeds the bootloader version.
If so, then the programmer begins flashing the bootloader files to repair your bootloader. If your bootloader is too new (and corrupted from a OTA update after downgrading), then the programmer would likely block the flash for security reasons. Thus, it seems it's not just having the up to date files, you also would need a newer programmer file for access and verification.

As strongst has already mentioned, we only get these leaked, as they have to be signed by Motorola for the bootloader to accept them. Unless you can find a Motorola engineer (or a member with such a contact) willing to let you have Moto X force blankflashes, or up to date factory firmware is available/leaked, I'm afraid the only resolution is a motherboard replacement. There's been limited success with using blankflashes from other Motorola devices, but typically those devices have very similar/same CPUs (e.g g5 plus, z play etc), and I don't know of other Motorola devices with the SD810 chip inside.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer :
    Code:
      #include<disclaimer.h>
     I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. 
     YOU are choosing to make these modifications,
     and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     and also I shall not guarantee this method will work on your device.

Hello guys,

as you guys know lots of Athenes are bricked due to the last June security patch and latest blankflash's also were not working.
    and there was also some confusion between which blankflash to flash and which boot-loader and gpt files to flash.. So I will try to clarify this confusion at my best..... :)
    so lets get started......

So, First of all download the latest BlankFlash by @marcelofilgueira [ MANY MANY HUGE THANKS TO HIM ]
    Here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9rhtqQ4ZTDnTWdpX3ZaVk1pNk0/view

There is a New BlankFlash file Provided by @rajatgupta1998
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79013024&postcount=523
    It is available here: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397903736
    I can't test this blankflash because I don't have G4 Plus anymore...

and Then connect your phone to PC( Your phone should Be detected as QualcommLoader or something like that in device manager under the ports section )
    Once connected, extract the Blankflash zip and run Blank-Flash.bat

A command window will be open and it will flash some files to your phone....
    after 5-6 sec, your Phone will be rebooted to Fastboot Mode :D First sign of Life.... lol
    But process is not over yet....

Now download the latest Bootloader and GPT files for the version NPJS25.93-14-8 Thanks to @tywinlannister7 and @echo92
    HERE : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-GUyOfb8Ogzamt6ME5fYncwdjg
    And if above files won't work then here are the Sept Patch Files of GPT and Bootloader : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-GUyOfb8Ogzc25FdW1WUDBMS1U/view
    and Also here are the GPT and boot-loader files for December patch if above won't worked : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IfAX7v94ooB5wS7KTJGNYfQ2kXkHxP80
    and extract them into New folder. and don't forget to copy ADB and the fastboot files into that folder.
    ADB and Fastboot DOWNLOAD HERE : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298979521
    Hold Shift key and press right key on the mouse and click on open command window in that folder and Paste the following command and then press Enter :
    Code:
    fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
    fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
    fastboot reboot-bootloader

Once done then You can see the Fastboot mode on your screen ;)....

The next step is easy, You just need to flash stock ROM, But you just can't flash older ROM i.e. downgrade this time, Otherwise your device can be bricked again...

So I will recommend you to download latest ROM NPJS25.93-14-10 and Flash it. Thanks to @tywinlannister7 for providing the ROM
    DOWNLOAD LINK : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9tngVBGIajVQkQtLUUxR2NOTnc
    LATEST DECEMBER ROM: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745849072291698845
    Download it and then just extract it in and don't forget copy ADB and the fastboot files into that folder. Once done then Hold shift and press right key on mouse then select Open Command window here from that menu.
    then use this code to flash stock ROM :

Code:
    fastboot oem fb_mode_set
    fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
    fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
    fastboot flash logo logo.bin
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin
    fastboot flash oem oem.img
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7
    fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    fastboot erase modemst1 
    fastboot erase modemst2 
    fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
    fastboot erase cache 
    fastboot erase userdata 
    fastboot erase customize
    fastboot erase clogo
    fastboot oem fb_mode_clear
    fastboot reboot
    pause
    And that's it!! You will get your Athene Back to Life :cool:
    I got my Athene back to life using this method............
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    If You've Updated your Device to the February Security Patch Then this method probably won't work because the GPT and boot-loader version is higher then the version included inside the BlankFlash
    So Be Careful...!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now anyone who's getting errors, see post #2

Credits :

blankflash.zip provided by @marcelofilgueira HUGE THANKS TO HIM
    Thanks to @strongst for being always there to help
    Thanks to tywinlannister7 for latest June Stock ROM
    and also thanks to you guys for reading this........

if you like my work then please HIT that THANKS button
    Reserved 1

Now anyone who is getting 'Waiting for devices' error while flashing, here are some tips to fix it :

1) Remove the USB cable and reinsert it
    2) Make Sure your device is detected in Bootloader interface aka Fastboot mode, you can simple see your device listed in device manager.
    3) Install Motorola Driver IF you haven't Installed it yet. Because it can be the main reason for this error. Download it from motorola website: http://motorola-mobility-en-in.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/88481
    Reserved 2

Get latest Stock Firmware for any model of Moto G4 and G4+
    from here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g4-plus/how-to/stock-rom-npjs25-93-14-4-march-1-t3608138
    :fingers-crossed:
    Here's a new blankflash file from OPJ28.72 build, this should work on OPJ28.111-22 as the bootloader version is same.
    Obviously I can't test it since I haven't bricked my phone. Any other news shall be given out whenever it appears.

Download:
    blankflash_athene_8.1.0_OPJ28.72.zip
    MD5: ada83fc6809218084739ca0cc87c9f4a

;)
    We need a updated blank flash i... Cos have install latest bootloader
    Can you please stop posting repeatedly in a demanding way? There's no newer blank flash at the moment so you have to wait if you don't want to spent money.

Every android release users don't read/search before downgrading and taking ota and complain that there's no solution asap.
    You cannot expect that people fix YOUR faults if you have no patience.

Thanks for understanding:)

PS @echo92: as I expected https://forum.xda-developers.com/mo...-g4-starting-to-receive-t3839072/post77547833
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone