• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

(Guide) Moto Z2 Play Dual Sim Enable

Search This thread

riesgon3

Aug 4, 2014
Hi to all of you guys,I´m just sharing my TWRP recovery after being modified to read hardware partition, and the backup of my Hw partition,so you´ll be able to enable dual sim feature on your Z2p...

Instructions:
1.- Unlock bootloader,there are many guides for this thing.
2.-Flash a TWRP recovery for your phone
3.-Make any backup of your choice,a folder will be created in your internal memory.
4.-Open that carpet in your pc and copy my 2 files to your TWRP folder.
5.-Restore my recovery and reboot to recovery.
6.-In this point,go to restore and you will see,Hw partition to restore.
7.-Restore it and reboot to system.

We changed the recovery,so,to avoid bootloops you will have to root,I used Magisk for that o flash any dm verity disabler available on internet.

If you need some help,message me on [email protected]

Files needed in the first comment below...Thanks

Last edited:

riesgon3

Aug 4, 2014
Here it is guys,here yoy will find my backup,just rename it to rar and that´s it.

You will find my modified recovery and the hw partition backup.

Thanks to all of you !!

Reactions: Juampacar

adsolon

Dec 3, 2017
Question

This actually works, but must be done with recovery that its provided on the recovery, wont work with any other.
also it stays with SIM 2 IMEI: 0, that will work in some countries.
but for Mexico we must find a way to write an IMEI on to SIM 2.
but excellent way to make SIM 2

friend, you discovered how to write the IMEI on to SIM 2, thank you very much in advance since I have a xt1710-06 that you have for lso two sim but only shows me one and in the system does not show me the options of sim 2

jovart

Sep 8, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
AT&T Mexico Dual SIM Working

OK guys, Found a way to make it work on AT&T mexico, phone must be Factory Unlocked

1.- save your data, since all will be lost, so also back up EFS.

2.- Follow steps provided by riesgon3 on this 1st post.

3.- Load into recovery from riesgon3 one more time and start from step 5 from riesgon3 instructions, it will successfully load with riesgon3 recovery,

4.- load into initial screen of your moto z2 play, you must remove the AT&T mexico Sim card.

5.- now follow steps from here https://forum.xda-developers.com/z2-play/how-to/stock-stock-firmware-t3630997
**but you must load the following Retail rom RETAIL/ALBUS_RETAIL_7.1.1_NPSS26.118-19-1-2_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip.
** don't know if works with others, but this one works**

6.-Load Initial Setup of your Moto Z2 play ( With out At&T Sim Card), load all updates, this will update the dual Sim App, restart phone with 2 sims.
**This time it will load the dual sim app automatic an your all set

Very especial Thanks to riesgon3 who was able to create a way to load dual SIM.

Last edited:

riesgon3

Aug 4, 2014
Thanks to all of you for the help, in fact I made this change just to satisfy my needs, but I'm to be able to help other crazy guys like me.. Hahaha..
Another way to make it work is put your phone in fastboot mode.
In fastboot, we have to type:
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot reboot
And that is it, we can see the new baseband called with dsds for dual sim on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Juampacar

adsolon

Dec 3, 2017
ayuda por favor

adsolon sorry I haven't found a way to write an IMEI to SIM2, but still checking for different apps, I'm sure their its one out there

apologize friend, you could help me still can not make me recognize the two sim, I do not see the folder to restore or let me copy the recovery of the companion to my folder could you give me step by step as you did

mrpazky

Jan 18, 2015
OK guys, Found a way to make it work on AT&T mexico, phone must be Factory Unlocked

3.- Load into recovery from riesgon3 one more time and start from step 5 from riesgon3 instructions, it will successfully load with riesgon3 recovery,

4.- load into initial screen of your moto z2 play, you must remove the AT&T mexico Sim card.

5.- now follow steps from here https://forum.xda-developers.com/z2-play/how-to/stock-stock-firmware-t3630997
**but you must load the following Retail rom RETAIL/ALBUS_RETAIL_7.1.1_NPSS26.118-19-1-2_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip.

6.-Load Initial Setup of your Moto Z2 play ( With out At&T Sim Card), load all updates, this will update the dual Sim App, restart phone with 2 sims.

Hey! Which model do you used? Since the model described in that thread is the XT1710-07 and the version I have is the 06 I just wanted to be sure.

Thanks

CristhianDG

Sep 14, 2017
Here it is guys,here yoy will find my backup,just rename it to rar and that´s it.

Thanks to all of you !!

Disculpa amigo pero le cambio de .watch a .rar y no reconoce el twrp como si fuera un recovery guardado como puedo hacer ayuda por favor ..

Khanov

Nov 11, 2014
plus.google.com
Mexico IMEI 0 solution.....

In most of the countries the IMEI 0 doesn't work, but in some EU carriers it does.

If you are using an at&t mz2p with a second SIM with a 0 IMEI just flash the Verizon firmware and voilà!!! I'm gonna still have the null IMEI but u gonna have a fully functional second SIM.

Enviado desde mi XT1710-02 mediante Tapatalk

dozel

Jan 4, 2009
the second sim works fine...Just use it on Telcel or Unefon carrier and you will be fine:)

Hi, i've a xt1710-06 , i not trying but if i unlock the bootloader i can relock bootloader and Still works the mod??

Are you sure if IMEI 0 works on Telcel, Unefon (Maybe freedompop)? i'm from México. Thnks

riesgon3

Aug 4, 2014
Yes, you can..

Hi, i've a xt1710-06 , i not trying but if i unlock the bootloader i can relock bootloader and Still works the mod??

Are you sure if IMEI 0 works on Telcel, Unefon (Maybe freedompop)? i'm from México. Thnks

Yes.. You can relock the bootloader and the mod will remain.
I am sure it works with Telcel and Unefon, i used it.. MOVISTAR does not work, maybe a few months before, but not now.. If freedompop uses Telcel signal, it will work, if it uses Movistar signal, it does not..
Saludos!!

HamZusGh

Dec 21, 2014
Thanks to all of you for the help, in fact I made this change just to satisfy my needs, but I'm to be able to help other crazy guys like me.. Hahaha..
Another way to make it work is put your phone in fastboot mode.
In fastboot, we have to type:
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot reboot
And that is it, we can see the new baseband called with dsds for dual sim on it.
That's work fine ??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi to all of you guys,I´m just sharing my TWRP recovery after being modified to read hardware partition, and the backup of my Hw partition,so you´ll be able to enable dual sim feature on your Z2p...

Instructions:
    1.- Unlock bootloader,there are many guides for this thing.
    2.-Flash a TWRP recovery for your phone
    3.-Make any backup of your choice,a folder will be created in your internal memory.
    4.-Open that carpet in your pc and copy my 2 files to your TWRP folder.
    5.-Restore my recovery and reboot to recovery.
    6.-In this point,go to restore and you will see,Hw partition to restore.
    7.-Restore it and reboot to system.

We changed the recovery,so,to avoid bootloops you will have to root,I used Magisk for that o flash any dm verity disabler available on internet.

If you need some help,message me on [email protected]

Files needed in the first comment below...Thanks
    it works

This actually works, but must be done with recovery that its provided on the recovery, wont work with any other.
    also it stays with SIM 2 IMEI: 0, that will work in some countries.
    but for Mexico we must find a way to write an IMEI on to SIM 2.
    but excellent way to make SIM 2
    AT&T Mexico Dual SIM Working

Thanks to all of you !!
    adsolon sorry I haven't found a way to write an IMEI to SIM2, but still checking for different apps, I'm sure their its one out there