[GUIDE] Motorola One Power Unlock/Relock Bootloader,Flashing Custom Recovery,Rooting

Search This thread

rushiranpise

Jun 5, 2017
Ambarnath

20180831T015256.jpg

UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER

WARNING:- UNLOCKING YOUR BOOTLOADER VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY.PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
NOTE: Unlocking the bootloader will Wipe/ factory reset your device, and will delete
all personal data from your device such as apps, photos, messages, and settings.

INSTRUCTIONS:-

1. Make sure to take a backup of your entire device data.
  2. Go to Settings>About Phone>Tap build number continuously until you enable developers option,under developers option enable oem unlocking.
  3. Download the Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
  4. Install the latest Motorola USB Drivers.
  5. Put your device in fastboot mode (power off, then press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously).
  6. In Search Menu, search for Minimal ADB and Fastboot and open it.
  7. Connect your Phone to PC.
  8. Type this in the CMD prompt window:- fastboot oem get_unlock_data
  9. You will get a return string.The returned string will be used to retrieve your unlock key. Copy it. [Right Click-Mark- Mark the text by pressing the shift key-Now press Ctrl+C]
  10. Paste all the lines together in a notepad. Remove the empty spaces.
    Example:-

On a Windows Desktop, the returned string format would be
    Code:
    $ fastboot oem get_unlock_data
    (bootloader) 0A40040192024205#4C4D3556313230
    (bootloader) 30373731363031303332323239#BD00
    (bootloader) 8A672BA4746C2CE02328A2AC0C39F95
    (bootloader) 1A3E5#1F53280002000000000000000
    (bootloader) 0000000

Paste together the 5 lines of output into one continuous string without (bootloader) or ‘INFO’ or white spaces. Your string needs to look like this:
    Code:
    0A40040192024205#4C4D355631323030373731363031303332323239#BD008A672BA4746C2CE02328A2AC0C39F951A3E5#1F532800020000000000000000000000
  11. Now go to the Motorola Site. Sign in using your Google account or Motorola ID. Scroll down the page and paste the copied string in the field at step #6. Then click on ‘Can my device be unlocked?’, after which a "REQUEST UNLOCK KEY" button will appear at the bottom of page.
  12. To get your unlock key, select the ‘I Agree’ option. Note: You will receive an email with your Unlock Key at the email address you used to log in there.
  13. Important – Copy the 20-character key that Motorola sent you via email. Make sure your device is connected.
  14. Then in CMD type: fastboot devices (To check your device is connected)
  15. Then type: fastboot oem unlock UNIQUE_KEY

NOTE:- In above command, replace the word ‘UNIQUE_KEY’ with the unlock code that you got via email. Then hit enter and the unlocking process should begin.Once done your device will reboot.

RELOCKING THE BOOTLOADER

1. Boot into fastboot mode.
  2. Open cmd and type:- fastboot oem lock
  3. Done.

FLASHING CUSTOM RECOVERY

Method 1:

Currently we don't have a separate recovery partition to flash recovery directly,so we have to temporarily boot twrp by the following process.

1. Download the lastest TWRP Recovery from here.
  2. Rename the downloaded recovery to twrp.
  3. Boot device into fatboot mode.
  4. Connect device to PC.
  5. Open CMD in the downloaded folder and type:- fastboot boot twrp.img
  6. Done.

Method 2:
Thanks to @lalitjoshi06 for the permanent twrp installer.
Follow the instructions from his thread TWRP INSTALLER

ROOTING THE DEVICE

1. Download the latest Magisk Stable/Beta Zip from here.
  2. Boot into custom recovery
  3. Flash the downloaded zip
  4. Reboot

Contributors:-
@rushiranpise
@smyaknti
@dayask
@nageen9211
@lalitjoshi06
@erfanoabdi

Version Information:-

Created 2018-10-26
Last Updated 2019-01-15

Last edited:

tnmsrkr

May 1, 2016
CHAKDAHA
is it tested ?

Let me know if anyone tested this method with screenshots.

Sorry If I doing any wrong...
Thanks to the creator of this method..

Russel Got stucked

May 14, 2016
hello guys i am probably stucked between these 3 phones, HONOR 8X, MOTO ONE POWER & POCO F1. but as i see all these Forums ,talking about the unlocking codes which might be hard to find these days ,so i am quite confused which one should i buy? probably the most important thing for me right now is to UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ,ROOT and have some fun. Please suggest!!

hello guys i am probably stucked between these 3 phones, HONOR 8X, MOTO ONE POWER & POCO F1. but as i see all these Forums ,talking about the unlocking codes which might be hard to find these days ,so i am quite confused which one should i buy? probably the most important thing for me right now is to UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ,ROOT and have some fun. Please suggest!!

Good luck unlocking a Honor device mate.
You can buy a poco but as you're in a Moto thread I guess you've noticed: we have Unlocking and Flashing guides, sooo... you know... Explains your question. If you still cannot decide, buy Poco F1, I heard they allow the fun without voiding stuff people cry about! :)

Reactions: Russel Got stucked

Russel Got stucked

May 14, 2016
Good luck unlocking a Honor device mate.
You can buy a poco but as you're in a Moto thread I guess you've noticed: we have Unlocking and Flashing guides, sooo... you know... Explains your question. If you still cannot decide, buy Poco F1, I heard they allow the fun without voiding stuff people cry about! :)

Thanks mate!! I have made up my mind!. I am going for the Poco f1?

DriftClash

Aug 1, 2013
Unable to unlock

C:\adb>fastboot oem get_unlock_data
(bootloader) slot-counttas: not found
(bootloader) slot-suffixe: not found
(bootloader) slot-suffi: not found
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.001s

Hello I am getting this error, I have enabled OEM unlocking and USB debugging. Also the phone is showing in fastboot boot while typed the command "fastboot devices". Any help ?

rushiranpise

Jun 5, 2017
Ambarnath

Hello I am getting this error, I have enabled OEM unlocking and USB debugging. Also the phone is showing in fastboot boot while typed the command "fastboot devices". Any help ?
Try again. It happens sometimes

nerdfail

Dec 10, 2015
Delhi
About flashing recovery shouldn't it be, fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

Actually fastboot boot twrp.img is used to boot using twrp. It'll only happen once and will leave you stock recovery untouched after next reboot. It just boots the twrp for once. While fastboot flash recovery twrp.img is used to replace stock recovery with twrp.
I think this is the case.

There are some devices that won't let you boot directly like this and others will boot the image in a one go.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I'll suggest you to use command "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" to avoid any problems.

Last edited:

Tarke

Oct 1, 2017
fastboot boot or flash..?

As it turns out, we have a A/B partition setup on moto one power, which means there is no separate recovery and boot partiion.
when we are doing fastboot flash ...| its flashing the boot partion. which in this case will break things, the correct way to do this is
fastboot boot ... and then get twrp installer and take it from there.

hazit

Dec 27, 2018
This method to unlock bootloader works in moto one xt1941-5?(not moto one power) i suposse yes, but better can secure

Last edited:

anku11

Jan 10, 2019
rooting moto one power

i have successfully unlocked my moto one power bootloader..but unable to flash magisk zip..it says unable to verify signature of zip..
kindly let me know step by step if anythg is required to be done after booting twrp and before flashing magisk in step by step..who so evver have successfully done the process..
it would be very helpful..

ripan_bhu77ar

Nov 4, 2017
Does unlocking the bootloader breaks widevine l1 as i have heard in many cases and relocking bootloader doesn't reverse the status all we are left with is widevine l3 can anybody confirm this??

Reactions: Nevil Sebastian

anku11

Jan 10, 2019
how to check dat?

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

#Tarke
ok can u provide the link for twrl installer zip for moto one power? so that after booting twrp.img i could flash that zip file....if any1 has the file plz provide me the link..

how to check dat?

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

#Tarke
ok can u provide the link for twrl installer zip for moto one power? so that after booting twrp.img i could flash that zip file....if any1 has the file plz provide me the link..

Get in touch with the OP author via telegram. thanks.

ripan_bhu77ar

Nov 4, 2017
how to check dat?

#Tarke

Well one way would be to download drm info from playstore
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androidfung.drminfo

Or if by any chance you have netflix check for this hd logo
If it checks even after unlocking the bootloader then widevine l1 was not lost heres a screenshot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

20180831T015256.jpg

UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER

WARNING:- UNLOCKING YOUR BOOTLOADER VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY.PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
    NOTE: Unlocking the bootloader will Wipe/ factory reset your device, and will delete
    all personal data from your device such as apps, photos, messages, and settings.

1. Make sure to take a backup of your entire device data.
    2. Go to Settings>About Phone>Tap build number continuously until you enable developers option,under developers option enable oem unlocking.
    3. Download the Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
    4. Install the latest Motorola USB Drivers.
    5. Put your device in fastboot mode (power off, then press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously).
    6. In Search Menu, search for Minimal ADB and Fastboot and open it.
    7. Connect your Phone to PC.
    8. Type this in the CMD prompt window:- fastboot oem get_unlock_data
    9. You will get a return string.The returned string will be used to retrieve your unlock key. Copy it. [Right Click-Mark- Mark the text by pressing the shift key-Now press Ctrl+C]
    10. Paste all the lines together in a notepad. Remove the empty spaces.
      Example:-

On a Windows Desktop, the returned string format would be
      Code:
      $ fastboot oem get_unlock_data
      (bootloader) 0A40040192024205#4C4D3556313230
      (bootloader) 30373731363031303332323239#BD00
      (bootloader) 8A672BA4746C2CE02328A2AC0C39F95
      (bootloader) 1A3E5#1F53280002000000000000000
      (bootloader) 0000000

Paste together the 5 lines of output into one continuous string without (bootloader) or ‘INFO’ or white spaces. Your string needs to look like this:
      Code:
      0A40040192024205#4C4D355631323030373731363031303332323239#BD008A672BA4746C2CE02328A2AC0C39F951A3E5#1F532800020000000000000000000000
    11. Now go to the Motorola Site. Sign in using your Google account or Motorola ID. Scroll down the page and paste the copied string in the field at step #6. Then click on ‘Can my device be unlocked?’, after which a "REQUEST UNLOCK KEY" button will appear at the bottom of page.
    12. To get your unlock key, select the ‘I Agree’ option. Note: You will receive an email with your Unlock Key at the email address you used to log in there.
    13. Important – Copy the 20-character key that Motorola sent you via email. Make sure your device is connected.
    14. Then in CMD type: fastboot devices (To check your device is connected)
    15. Then type: fastboot oem unlock UNIQUE_KEY

NOTE:- In above command, replace the word ‘UNIQUE_KEY’ with the unlock code that you got via email. Then hit enter and the unlocking process should begin.Once done your device will reboot.

RELOCKING THE BOOTLOADER

1. Boot into fastboot mode.
    2. Open cmd and type:- fastboot oem lock
    3. Done.

FLASHING CUSTOM RECOVERY

Method 1:

Currently we don't have a separate recovery partition to flash recovery directly,so we have to temporarily boot twrp by the following process.

1. Download the lastest TWRP Recovery from here.
    2. Rename the downloaded recovery to twrp.
    3. Boot device into fatboot mode.
    4. Connect device to PC.
    5. Open CMD in the downloaded folder and type:- fastboot boot twrp.img
    6. Done.

Method 2:
    Thanks to @lalitjoshi06 for the permanent twrp installer.
    Follow the instructions from his thread TWRP INSTALLER

ROOTING THE DEVICE

1. Download the latest Magisk Stable/Beta Zip from here.
    2. Boot into custom recovery
    3. Flash the downloaded zip
    4. Reboot

Contributors:-
    @rushiranpise
    @smyaknti
    @dayask
    @nageen9211
    @lalitjoshi06
    @erfanoabdi

Version Information:-

Created 2018-10-26
    Last Updated 2019-01-15
    About flashing recovery shouldn't it be, fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

Actually fastboot boot twrp.img is used to boot using twrp. It'll only happen once and will leave you stock recovery untouched after next reboot. It just boots the twrp for once. While fastboot flash recovery twrp.img is used to replace stock recovery with twrp.
    I think this is the case.

There are some devices that won't let you boot directly like this and others will boot the image in a one go.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I'll suggest you to use command "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" to avoid any problems.
    Unable to unlock

Try again. It happens sometimes