Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Mustafa Daşdemir

Senior Moderator - We Know Who You Are
Sep 17, 2017
Niğde
in.linkedin.com
Hello M.F.s(Mix Fans)
I've been using the latest Marsmallow based Epic rom for a long time, which is quite enough to be having beloved Xposed. ;) So call it boredom or BS, I've managed to get Dual-boot patcher work on my mix although figuring it out was a PITA. Before you think like 'Mayte wot the fooh is Dual boot ey?' >>here<< is it's site that you can getcho arse up and take a quick look and download the
>> Dual boot patcher APK( Working one for me is 9.2.0.r230.g2a0b58a9 Fri, 14 Jul 2017 21:12:40 -0400, latest one FC's)
>> Dual boot Utilities ZIP(To be able to switch roms through TWRP)

NOTE: So before you doing anything crazy like trying this app, you must know:
>>>>Your device must be Decrypted. If it's encrypted, not even a single fuğk for you today. ;)
>>>> Take the responsibility of doing this kind of sh1t. I am nobody.

>>Here<< is the original thread that you can read(I know you won't) and smash the thanks buttons(you won't too) of the beloved developer if you feel like. Either way I'm gonna show how i get it done:

1. Launch the DBP(Dual Boot Patcher) APK, give the Root acces and permissons,
    [*]Tap to MENU button on the top left or right(Im using RTL Layout), > Select ROMs,
    IMPORTANT TIP: If the app crashes when you tap ROMs; Just go Patch zip file tab and patch any zip file no matter what(a little sized zip file just to avoid crash of ROMs tab)

[*]Once you get there, it will ask for setting the Kernel, tap to SET NOW,
    [*]Tap to 3 dots menu button right next to Primary rom,
    [*]Tap to UPDATE RAMDISK then reboot the device,
    [*] Launch the DBP again, MENU > Patch Zip File > Choose your rom zip from where you placed it,
    1-_Patch-zip-file.png

[*]Change Partition configuration as DATA SLOT and type a name and tap to CONTINUE (I've tried Secondary, Multi Slot 1 etc, couldn't make it work)
    choose-data-slot.png

[*]SAVE the patch zip somewhere, tap to CHECK/TICK button on the corner to patch it,
    [*]MENU > ROMs > tap to Red FLOATING BUTTON on the bottom and select ADD PATCHED FILE > Select the zip you patched like: XXX.rom_data-slot_xxx.zip
    [*] An annoying popup will ask some stuff, tap to CHANGE LOCATION > DATA SLOT, type an ID doesnt matter what,
    [*] Tap to TICK, it will run an command window or some old looking arse stuff and you have to wait, DO NOT LEAVE the app until you see the script result like this:
    flashed-ok.png
    ]

[*] If you see an error, you're fk'd up :D Error is a new terror you know. Although it doesn't prevent you to boot; you better clean the f'n infected rom by ROMs > 3 dot button of the specific rom > WIPE ROM and select all the boxes.
    [*] You can switch between the roms you patcher either in the app or flashing the Dualboot Utilities zip via TWRP.
    Ps. I'll take a look at the flashing Gapps, mod zips for specific rom later on, probably easy to do. For now it's enough internet for me today.

[*]Yeah, flashed Gapps, Kernel etc by just Patching a zip file like Gapps-full.xxx_data-slot-xxx.zip which means you have to patch zip by selecting your target(Select your set ID for your rom).

NOTE: Resurrection Remix rom has got a modem verification string inside the updater-script, you can't(I couldn't) flash it until you remove that string and re-compress the rom zip as so then patch it or you already doing this multi booting process on RR rom. My primary rom is MM Epic, I succesfully booted into 8.2.4.0 Global stable and RR 0714(latest official i presume) roms, just saying.
SIDE NOTE: Can't get root to work on RR rom. The included magisk, previous versions, DX kernel, SuperSU nothing worked. What a pain in the arse. :rolleyes:

Thanks to chenxiaolong for the app. Punch me if I have forgotten a sh1t or a credit or whatever. Peace :fingers-crossed:

Last edited by a moderator:

Лithium-Фusion

Mi Mix 6/256GB
Globe rom developer 7.7.15

When I tap on menu-->rom the app crashes

I've tried different versions. Same problem.

Inviato dal mio MIX utilizzando Tapatalk
The app is being biatch most of the times. Latest version never worked on my end, always crashed. But the version i've stated in the OP, the one which also crashes sometimes, but works generally. Clean cache and data of the app, uninstall and reinstall, before launching it, give the permissions it needs from app settings. Launch it, grant root permission, if does work; follow the steps of OP. It may crash once though, close the app from recents and re-launch. There is a reason of I call it a pain in the arse lol. Hopefully works.

Mi MIX
Epic 754/RR 0714
XenonHD

Reactions: alberto8523

Лithium-Фusion

I've tried all these methods, app still crashes.
I think it's depending on the base rom (Globe ROM). This rom has kernel mods and others system mods.
What's your base rom?
My primary is Epic 7.5.4(MM), has got some mods as yours. I see that the original thread is filled with crash reports but there is no(i didnt see) proper fix rather than using an another version but you've already tried, so.. Perhaps you can see the culprit though crash log.

Mi MIX
Epic 754/RR 0714
XenonHD

Reactions: alberto8523

Лithium-Фusion

@Konsstantine34
HI thanks for your hard work bro
can you please tell me how to delete the modem verification string?
its giving me that error again and again

Thanks for your help
Hi man, thanks.
Through root explorer(or Es file whatever you use) Get into your rom zip;
» META-INF » com » google » android »» Open ''updater-script'' as editable and remove second this line completely:
Code:
assert(xiaomi.verify_modem("2017-04-13") == "1");

Then save edited updater-script and re-compress rom files.

Mi MIX
Epic 754/RR 0714
XenonHD

Reactions: darudedudedocta

darudedudedocta

May 21, 2015
grazie!!
@Konsstantine34

edit: sorry to sound like a noob..but I dunno how to recompress the edited updater script and rom..
thanks again for your help and patience..
I tried to google it but I didn't find any helpful links

Thnaks again

Last edited:

Лithium-Фusion

grazie!!
@Konsstantine34

edit: sorry to sound like a noob..but I dunno how to recompress the edited updater script and rom..
thanks again for your help and patience..
I tried to google it but I didn't find any helpful links

Thnaks again
I presume you're doing this on your device. Here is some visual content that may help you.

1500721622576.jpg

After Extracting(unzipping) remove script that mentioned before and:

1500721769249.jpg
1500721827334.jpg

Some file explorers don't need zip to be extracted, you can edit the content as you wish but, in my experience these explorers corrupt the zip. The clear way is what i just sent [emoji106]

Reactions: darudedudedocta

darudedudedocta

May 21, 2015
thanks mate..its finally working

Hi man, thanks.
Through root explorer(or Es file whatever you use) Get into your rom zip;
» META-INF » com » google » android »» Open ''updater-script'' as editable and remove second this line completely:
Code:
assert(xiaomi.verify_modem("2017-04-13") == "1");

Then save edited updater-script and re-compress rom files.

Mi MIX
Epic 754/RR 0714
XenonHD

I presume you're doing this on your device. Here is some visual content that may help you.

View attachment 4219789

After Extracting(unzipping) remove script that mentioned before and:

View attachment 4219792
View attachment 4219794

Some file explorers don't need zip to be extracted, you can edit the content as you wish but, in my experience these explorers corrupt the zip. The clear way is what i just sent [emoji106]

Cheers, please let me know about it though.

Reactions: Лithium-Фusion

Лithium-Фusion

except root permissions.
Miui remains the best rom [emoji16]

thanks mate..its finally working
@valerio.tosti

Hello gents, I don't like bragging like ''I was right...'' but I was :D
I've removed (Wiped in Dual boot patcher app) all the roms except primary(can't be removed lol).

Then clean flashed RR latest official, I have root priviledges on it(also xposed), then patched and flashed miui_MIMIXGlobal_V8.2.4.0.MAHMIDL which is not pre-rooted miui rom.
So, patched SR2-SuperSU v2.79 and flashed it too. Voila, both roms are running with root priviledges. So the key was being on clean flashed RR rom then patching multi-boot roms. Thing i may try next is xposed on both(or multiple) roms but for now i can sleep in peace lol.

Mi MIX
Epic 754/RR 0714
XenonHD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello M.F.s(Mix Fans)
    I've been using the latest Marsmallow based Epic rom for a long time, which is quite enough to be having beloved Xposed. ;) So call it boredom or BS, I've managed to get Dual-boot patcher work on my mix although figuring it out was a PITA. Before you think like 'Mayte wot the fooh is Dual boot ey?' >>here<< is it's site that you can getcho arse up and take a quick look and download the
    >> Dual boot patcher APK( Working one for me is 9.2.0.r230.g2a0b58a9 Fri, 14 Jul 2017 21:12:40 -0400, latest one FC's)
    >> Dual boot Utilities ZIP(To be able to switch roms through TWRP)

NOTE: So before you doing anything crazy like trying this app, you must know:
    >>>>Your device must be Decrypted. If it's encrypted, not even a single fuğk for you today. ;)
    >>>> Take the responsibility of doing this kind of sh1t. I am nobody.

>>Here<< is the original thread that you can read(I know you won't) and smash the thanks buttons(you won't too) of the beloved developer if you feel like. Either way I'm gonna show how i get it done:

1. Launch the DBP(Dual Boot Patcher) APK, give the Root acces and permissons,
      [*]Tap to MENU button on the top left or right(Im using RTL Layout), > Select ROMs,
      IMPORTANT TIP: If the app crashes when you tap ROMs; Just go Patch zip file tab and patch any zip file no matter what(a little sized zip file just to avoid crash of ROMs tab)

[*]Once you get there, it will ask for setting the Kernel, tap to SET NOW,
      [*]Tap to 3 dots menu button right next to Primary rom,
      [*]Tap to UPDATE RAMDISK then reboot the device,
      [*] Launch the DBP again, MENU > Patch Zip File > Choose your rom zip from where you placed it,
      1-_Patch-zip-file.png

[*]Change Partition configuration as DATA SLOT and type a name and tap to CONTINUE (I've tried Secondary, Multi Slot 1 etc, couldn't make it work)
      choose-data-slot.png

[*]SAVE the patch zip somewhere, tap to CHECK/TICK button on the corner to patch it,
      [*]MENU > ROMs > tap to Red FLOATING BUTTON on the bottom and select ADD PATCHED FILE > Select the zip you patched like: XXX.rom_data-slot_xxx.zip
      [*] An annoying popup will ask some stuff, tap to CHANGE LOCATION > DATA SLOT, type an ID doesnt matter what,
      [*] Tap to TICK, it will run an command window or some old looking arse stuff and you have to wait, DO NOT LEAVE the app until you see the script result like this:
      flashed-ok.png
      ]

[*] If you see an error, you're fk'd up :D Error is a new terror you know. Although it doesn't prevent you to boot; you better clean the f'n infected rom by ROMs > 3 dot button of the specific rom > WIPE ROM and select all the boxes.
      [*] You can switch between the roms you patcher either in the app or flashing the Dualboot Utilities zip via TWRP.
      Ps. I'll take a look at the flashing Gapps, mod zips for specific rom later on, probably easy to do. For now it's enough internet for me today.

[*]Yeah, flashed Gapps, Kernel etc by just Patching a zip file like Gapps-full.xxx_data-slot-xxx.zip which means you have to patch zip by selecting your target(Select your set ID for your rom).

NOTE: Resurrection Remix rom has got a modem verification string inside the updater-script, you can't(I couldn't) flash it until you remove that string and re-compress the rom zip as so then patch it or you already doing this multi booting process on RR rom. My primary rom is MM Epic, I succesfully booted into 8.2.4.0 Global stable and RR 0714(latest official i presume) roms, just saying.
    SIDE NOTE: Can't get root to work on RR rom. The included magisk, previous versions, DX kernel, SuperSU nothing worked. What a pain in the arse. :rolleyes:

Thanks to chenxiaolong for the app. Punch me if I have forgotten a sh1t or a credit or whatever. Peace :fingers-crossed:
    Damn you are good haha.
    Need to try it out
    Cheers man [emoji106]
    best of luck in ur thread brother...keep it high
    I feel like im trying and posting crazy stuffs which seem to be not attracting for anyone haha. Anyway, i like sharing my experiences.

Mi MIX
    7.5.4 Épic
    Fookin forgot to attach fookin screenshots, here are they as a fookin proof. :rolleyes:

1500745342956.jpg
    1500745353559.jpg

1500745389579.jpg
    1500745399547.jpg