Guide: N9500 Unlocking the BL and TWRP

Search This thread

BlueEffect

Feb 8, 2016
My Bed
N9500 ONLY. DOESNT WORK WITH US MODELS. STOP THINKING ITS THE SAME JUST CUZ BOTH ARE SNAPDRAGON.

EDIT: YOU want to try, you try, else DO not flood the thread with useless comments about how safe is this or what not. If you are afraid the chinese will take your close to useless info and kidnap you, can't help you with that.

I unlocked my BL with this file. Currently waiting for people to make 3rd party roms for it.
Attached link to my gdrive.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-Wqzmcwpi_9c1BpUUJPenI1Y00
Download and install. It will prompt you if you wish to unlock BL. It will not wipe ur internal. You can proceed with ODIN to flash TWRP.

TWRP is available too.
TWRP link : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-Wqzmcwpi_9WGJIN0R2NVBtNUk

PLEASE have firmware files available in case of any errors.

AndroidPay works. Magisk is fine

NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES.

Attachments

• photo_2017-11-05_22-56-20.jpg
    photo_2017-11-05_22-56-20.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 10,578
  • photo_2017-11-05_22-59-47.jpg
    photo_2017-11-05_22-59-47.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 10,409
Last edited:

mas5acre

Dec 2, 2010
Has anyone tried this? The file is called 835crom....... 835 snapdragon I'm assuming. I downloaded it just in case, but won't install just yet. Though, if it were true, I'd unlock my bootloader in a heartbeat.

mas5acre

Dec 2, 2010
Permissions are kinda insane but unlocking bootloader is basically changing everything. I still don't trust enough to install.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171028-181100.jpg
    Screenshot_20171028-181100.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 5,282
  • Screenshot_20171028-181028.jpg
    Screenshot_20171028-181028.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 5,254

BlueEffect

Feb 8, 2016
My Bed
Permissions are kinda insane but unlocking bootloader is basically changing everything. I still don't trust enough to install.

You can try it. I have done it. Permissions might be alot as it sends the info it needs to the chinese server for unlocking. Anyway CROM service is used inthe Chinese market due to regulations. Can be downloaded off Samsung Galaxy Apps if you are wary.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171029-004941.jpg
    Screenshot_20171029-004941.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 3,469
  • Screenshot_20171029-004952.jpg
    Screenshot_20171029-004952.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 3,464
Last edited:
Reactions: summerpastor

dazemc

Oct 18, 2014
Enumclaw
Great now we are unlocking access via a Chinese server. 'Cause that seems safe. Not saying anything against China but, a majority of hacks are produced there.

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

Who's brave enough? I also don't see the point of most of these permission requirments....Even if it needs to access servers. Why does it need to access my calendar?

Last edited:

BlueEffect

Feb 8, 2016
My Bed
Great now we are unlocking access via a Chinese server. 'Cause that seems safe. Not saying anything against China but, a majority of hacks are produced there.

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

Who's brave enough? I also don't see the point of most of these permission requirments....Even if it needs to access servers. Why does it need to access my calendar?

Lol. That's how it's done there. If you are against it, no one's forcing you to do it. If you actually did some research about it, xda has posts about CROM. Besides, its distributed itself by Samsung inthe Galaxy Apps.

mas5acre

Dec 2, 2010
I'm not finding it in galaxy apps. I might install eventally if someone volunteers to test as well. To the OP, if this works, thanks for pointing it out.

Not saying I don't believe you or anything. I hope this isn't offensive, I apologize if so. You can understand why most people would be weary.

Just curious based on your screenshot, it just says successful and doesn't go through the process of wiping your internal data? Which usually is kinda part of the process when unlocking the BL...

BlueEffect

Feb 8, 2016
My Bed
Not saying I don't believe you or anything. I hope this isn't offensive, I apologize if so. You can understand why most people would be weary.

Just curious based on your screenshot, it just says successful and doesn't go through the process of wiping your internal data? Which usually is kinda part of the process when unlocking the BL...

Entirely up to u to try. If u are afraid of risks, then so be it. There surely will be people who try. And no, it does not wipe. You can go and visit S8 thread where there is CROM service threads about it. Downloading Apps may requires a Chinese Samsung account.

Last edited:

Mehi7

Apr 16, 2016
Tried it and all it does is crash.

Its super worthless for USA Models

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171102-003435.jpg
    Screenshot_20171102-003435.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 1,490
Last edited:

Dude it's a chinese phone only sold in china, don't tell me you expected anything else lol

G

GuestK00136

Complaints about sending data to China; NO ONE complains about the data they give to Google.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    N9500 ONLY. DOESNT WORK WITH US MODELS. STOP THINKING ITS THE SAME JUST CUZ BOTH ARE SNAPDRAGON.

EDIT: YOU want to try, you try, else DO not flood the thread with useless comments about how safe is this or what not. If you are afraid the chinese will take your close to useless info and kidnap you, can't help you with that.

I unlocked my BL with this file. Currently waiting for people to make 3rd party roms for it.
    Attached link to my gdrive.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-Wqzmcwpi_9c1BpUUJPenI1Y00
    Download and install. It will prompt you if you wish to unlock BL. It will not wipe ur internal. You can proceed with ODIN to flash TWRP.

TWRP is available too.
    TWRP link : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-Wqzmcwpi_9WGJIN0R2NVBtNUk

PLEASE have firmware files available in case of any errors.

AndroidPay works. Magisk is fine

NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES.
    F**k that, are there any reputable XDA persons who can verify if this is legit? Otherwise this sounds like some bull$hit lol!

Am I reputable enough? If so. This is 100% legit FOR CHINESE MODELS ONLY.

EDIT: If you would like I can actually explain how it works to you too.

The chinese bootloader has what is called a CROM lock instead of secure boot. What it does is look for a special flag inside a partition on the device(Yes I know what partition and what flag). What CROMService.apk does(the actual apk thats linked) is it verifies the device is allowed to actually use the service(via CID of the nand chip so it cant be spoofed) then it sends info to samsung so they can keep track of warranty info and receives a unlock token. Once it receives that token it then sets the special flag in the previously mentioned partition. Afterward the phone SHOULD reboot and it'll read the flag during initialization then start the unlock procedure. After that the device is essentially Bootloader Unlocked. The reason why it will not work for US models is because the bootloader is designed differently. That and Our CIDs do not match a Chinese model :)
    Guys, Dont want to get you wait anymore.
    Here First Note 8 TGY global ROM ever :)
    If you want I can open sperate thread for ROM

It is Beta for now:

-Prepared from TGY stock, so its fully multilanguinal and Google play services loaded.
    -No junky funky apks.
    -Latest HU2CRD7
    -Debloated
    -DeKnoxed
    -Busybox installed
    -Rooted with magisk
    -Xposed and other modules working properly.
    -Trying to compile new kernel, for now we use aurora kernel.
    -For compiling kernel help apriciated.And for other stuff.

Bugs:
    -Notification problem still stands. Fix it from smart manager auto start section.
    -For another bugs tell me.

Download :

https://mega.nz/#!6xgUTRBQ!KIdzV2KWJX8uNznnClEPSyt-DTAVyui4VDjaJwIiM5g

SM-N9500 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
    I understand that my ROM is not for everyone since it is specifically designed for T-Mobile USA users like myself... but I added a few Extras like S9+ Camera with 17 modes & S9+ Dolby Atmos. Extras are in separate flashable zips. Files are also designed for my S9+/N8 ROM and they all work 100%...but....but... they *might* also work for regular SM-N9500 users with standard ROM. You guys are welcome to try and test. Remember to make a nandroid before flashing anything... (in case things go wrong) Everything is already posted on my site.

S9+_Camera_2_N9500_TEKHD.jpg

S9+_N8_Dolby_Atmos_TEKHD.png

S9+_N8_Dolby_Atmos_2_TEKHD.png

TEKHD
    MOD... No, don't delete... (I thought I was in the wrong thread...) But this is the correct thread...

Okay... I have done the "impossible"...

If you have a Note 8 SM-N9500 and... if you are on T-Mobile USA... today is your lucky day.

I successfully ported the Note 8 N950USQU4CRD7 - GALAXY NOTE8 SM-N950U TMB USA (T-MOBILE) ROM+CSC into my SM-N9500. I was looking at the list of official SM-N950U firmwares... and that particular CRD7 firmware got my attention. After 2 days of trial and error, I managed to flash the entire system partition of the N950USQU4CRD7 N950U variant into my N9500 variant (after some modifications and using the N9500ZHU2CRD7 - GALAXY NOTE8 SM-N9500 TGY HONG KONG as a starting point. (Using N9500ZHU2CRD7 Kernel/Modem/Partial CSC structure & files).

The result is the 1st ever N9500 variant running USA firmware. (both devices are Snapdragon, so I knew it was not really impossible... just needed some extra effort and attention to details) Now I have a beautiful and elegant N9500 running N950U ROM with ALL T-Mobile USA Features fully operational. All working perfectly. VoLTE, Wifi-Calling, Enhanced Messaging, Video Calling and ALL T-Mobile 4G/LTE/ONLINE services & features fully operational! I also added over 700 lines of CSC, adding a bunch of extra features and functionality to the ROM. (Call Recording, Spam protection, etc etc etc... and hundreds of features) (Even S9+ Messages included...) During the process, I integrated a custom version of my S9+ TMO CSC/EFS Detonator into the ROM. Currently, I have 6 files that have to be flashed in a specific order along with steps and instructions for EFS modification. During the next few days... I will try to simplify the process as much as I can. I need to refine the installation process and merge the 6 files into 2 or 3 files, hopefully. The end result should be a very nice and simple guide. Here are some pictures...

N9500_4web_TEKHD.png

N9500_5web_TEKHD.png

TEKHD

EDIT: N950U ROM PORT to N9500 with entire KIT added to my website... here. Enjoy!
    @vaichrome
    @nicetoto