Guide needed for G710ULM11g rooting, backup and installing Magisk with Viper4Android

HyperEscape

Apr 13, 2011
Hello,

I have the mobile with the following information

Code:
Android version 

Android security patch level 
November 1 , 2018 

Baseband version 
MPSS.AT. 
4.0.c2.9-00045-5DM845_GEN.PACK-1 .160685.1 .163435.1 

Kernel version 

Build number 
OPRI.170623.032 

Software version 
G710ULM11g
The OEM bootloader unlock option is enabled in the developer's settings.

I have been searching around , however wasn't able to find the required information in a coherent manner.

I would appreciate if someone can guide me in the right direction for the following:

1. To be able to load custom recovery and make a unrooted original stock backup of the current ROM - to be used in case I need to revert to stock.
2. To be able to root on the current ROM version, or if the higher versions are rootable can/do I need to upgrade the ROM, as I am getting the OTA upgrade message (haven't done it as yet).
3. Load Magisk and all sound enhancements , at minimum Viper4Android (and Dolby if working).
4. Load Sony Walkman Music Player
5. Which root hide to use with Magisk so the root is not detectable for finance/banking applications. Not sure if google pay or similar applications would work that way.

Thanks for reading and your suggestions.

lefttobleed

Apr 20, 2010
Hello,

I have been searching around , however wasn't able to find the required information in a coherent manner.

I would appreciate if someone can guide me in the right direction for the following:

1. To be able to load custom recovery and make a unrooted original stock backup of the current ROM - to be used in case I need to revert to stock.
2. To be able to root on the current ROM version, or if the higher versions are rootable can/do I need to upgrade the ROM, as I am getting the OTA upgrade message (haven't done it as yet).
3. Load Magisk and all sound enhancements , at minimum Viper4Android (and Dolby if working).
5. Which root hide to use with Magisk so the root is not detectable for finance/banking applications. Not sure if google pay or similar applications would work that way.

1. You can do this through edl. Guide is available.
2. Magisk root works on all the roms. Custom recovery does not work on stock 10, so you will have to extract boot partition and patch.
3. Viper4android works. Dolby no idea...
4. Don't use. Don't know.
5. I use magisk hide itself for some work and covid tracking apps. Banking apps no idea.

Yeedatoy

Jul 18, 2018
Charlotte
Hello,

Code:
Android version 

Android security patch level 
November 1 , 2018 

Baseband version 
MPSS.AT. 
4.0.c2.9-00045-5DM845_GEN.PACK-1 .160685.1 .163435.1 

Kernel version 

Build number 
OPRI.170623.032 

Software version 
G710ULM11g

Man, you actually have the perfect model to root. The firmware you're on already gives you access to fastboot and you can unlock it, root it and install TWRP all through fastboot. Afterwards, you can upgrade to Pie using LGUP and still stay rooted with Magisk. I will link the thread. It's a bit confusing because somethings were deleted, but if you need help let me know.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg...to-root-21ulmd-add-experimental-twrp-t4025079

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

After this you can install a custom kernel. Look up TNO Kernel in the G7 threads. Also, any audio mods will degrade the sound quality of the G7. Viper is not 64bit and it will resample all of your audio to 48k. Other mods will stop you from being able to output 24bit audio or interfere with how the Quad Dac is meant to operate. Just pay the 8 bucks for USB Audio Player Pro and you'll be good. It's a music player that can bypass androids upsampling and it is made to recognize your specific DAC and make initial adjustments accordingly. You can download a Magisk module that will allow you to change the fingerprint of your device to pass safety net and use banking apps. There is a Sony music Magisk module as well if you can't live without it, but USB Audio Player Pro can be used with Bubble Unpnp to stream from your Google drive folder, or use the Air Audio app and Magisk module to stream while avoiding too much degradation in audio quality. Then, when the official Android 10 ULM update comes out, you many need to use QFIL to update and keep root but until then you only need the modded LGUP.

HyperEscape

Apr 13, 2011
1. You can do this through edl. Guide is available.
2. Magisk root works on all the roms. Custom recovery does not work on stock 10, so you will have to extract boot partition and patch.
3. Viper4android works. Dolby no idea...
4. Don't use. Don't know.
5. I use magisk hide itself for some work and covid tracking apps. Banking apps no idea.
Thanks for info, I am not entirely sure but I understand using this method you have to load the bootloader of another mobile model from LG, will this have any effect on the remaining functionality of the mobile itself.

Man, you actually have the perfect model to root. The firmware you're on already gives you access to fastboot and you can unlock it, root it and install TWRP all through fastboot. Afterwards, you can upgrade to Pie using LGUP and still stay rooted with Magisk. I will link the thread. It's a bit confusing because somethings were deleted, but if you need help let me know.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg...to-root-21ulmd-add-experimental-twrp-t4025079

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

After this you can install a custom kernel. Look up TNO Kernel in the G7 threads. Also, any audio mods will degrade the sound quality of the G7. Viper is not 64bit and it will resample all of your audio to 48k. Other mods will stop you from being able to output 24bit audio or interfere with how the Quad Dac is meant to operate. Just pay the 8 bucks for USB Audio Player Pro and you'll be good. It's a music player that can bypass androids upsampling and it is made to recognize your specific DAC and make initial adjustments accordingly. You can download a Magisk module that will allow you to change the fingerprint of your device to pass safety net and use banking apps. There is a Sony music Magisk module as well if you can't live without it, but USB Audio Player Pro can be used with Bubble Unpnp to stream from your Google drive folder, or use the Air Audio app and Magisk module to stream while avoiding too much degradation in audio quality. Then, when the official Android 10 ULM update comes out, you many need to use QFIL to update and keep root but until then you only need the modded LGUP.
Thanks for the detailed information and post link. Will heed to your suggestions and will keep you posted for any queries once I try these , probably the call to action would happen in a week's time or so.