[GUIDE] New method to install Google Mobile Services on Huawei P40 / Mate 30 and other phones without GMS
I'm thrilled to report that I just found this new way to get Google Mobile Services to work on Huawei and Honor devices that don't have them.
It's totally working [today is 20 june 2020] and it SOLVES the new problem that doesn't let the users sign-in to their Google accounts at the time of the installation.
Everything is very detailed and shown step-by-step on the following video...
Please be sure to download the .zip file that has all the stuff needed to get this to work. Using this method, that zip file must be copied to the root a pen-drive. It's here, for Android 10: https://bit.ly/2ATWPGE
[UPDATE - 29 / June / 2020]
- You must have your phone in english in order to proceed with this method.
- After it is complete you can switch back to your preferred language, without problems.
- If you want to add more Google accounts, you should do this procure while you are installing GMS. Use this link: https://youtu.be/jgCN6SeP32c?t=1418 It guides directly to the right moment in that video.
By the way, it's working great for a lot of users. Push notifications, though, aren't working.
Still, I believe this is the best method around.
Also, download the tasker project file I have made for this. See below changelog and download links!
Scrap all other links, I hadn't put the profile in to the project so no idea if it had it included in the previous exports but try this one guys ?
This will listen for "Ok, Google" or "Hey, Google" IF the screen is on and proximity sensor is not covered - this is incase it is triggered in your pocket like it kept doing for me! ?
There's also a task in this project which you can create a tasker task shortcut widget to toggle the Hotword plugin on and off.
This task requires to have AutoInput installed, from the AutoApps made by Taskers developer. You can have it free on a 24hr basis by watching a video though.
Following people's comments about push notification issues, such as Gmail, I've included a "fix" which is a timed event profile which runs a simple task to turn auto sync off and on - this then tricks syncing process and gives you push notifications for Gmail and other Google apps.
It is currently set at 7 hours, to save battery but feel free to change to what ever you need by editing the profile event.
@nibera Could you please enlighten me how you made it work? I have very similar issues as you had:
1) I can't install HiSuite 550 version on my windows 10 pc. Nothing happens after clicking on it.
2) I could install HiSuite 510 instead. Via HiSuite Proxy application I could choose to downgrade to 131 (I have now 147). However, the download never started. It even doesn't show the percentage of the download progress.
Could you let me know what have you done to resolve the issues you had? Thank you!
1) after having done a thousand tests without any results, I decided to format the PC by reinstalling WINDOWS 10 Full 64 bit from scratch, then I installed my usual PC programs, and then I did windows update of the operating system, restarted and everything I left as default settings of the system operated by windows 10, therefore or left active both windows firewall and windows defender.
2) I installed hisuite 10.0.0.550 connected the P40 was recognized by my PC and installed hisuite on my phone (while before formatting my pc this did not happen)
3) I have performed the procedure of hisuite proxy for the downgrade but nothing always the usual message of NETWORK ERROR ETC ...
4) at this point doing a search on the net I found the version of hisuite for pc 10.0.0.510, I uninstalled the .550 version from my pc, I restarted the pc, and installed the .510 version it recognized the P40 phone regularly
5) consider that my phone was with .147 firmware, all my programs I use and all my settings made, I only deleted my biometric data (fingerprint and face and code), I deleted the Hawei account.
6) I connected the phone to the pc, I immediately recognized hisuite, I started hisuite proxy by inserting this string:
and then setup, when I closed and reopened hisuite on the pc, I clicked on update on the pc and recognized the presentation of the firmware update of version 10.1.0.136, and then everything was successfully downloaded and installed.
7) as soon as the emui completed the installation on the phone, I unplugged the phone's usb cable from the pc, and I pressed volume up + power to restart the phone in recovery mode, I did factory reset + wipe cache, then or restart the phone and everything went well, without problems and errors of any kind.
8) after reboot I installed google following this video: